UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:37 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Skyrim save format questions
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:58 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Skyrim
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
Let me first thank you all for the great work you are doing and the great resource (http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes5Mod:Save_File_Format).

I was wondering how you (Rick?) are unraveling the save file format? Can we help? And how can we help?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:46 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: DF, MW, OB, Skyrim
I started working on a savefile reader as well, my purpose is to identify the ghostly remains, ice piles, nirnroots and likewise and remove them.

I found out a lot by myself, but then came across Rick's work and that was of great help. I'll keep my sources to myself for the time being, but to contribute I added this page to the wiki:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes5Mod:ChangeFlags

And let me also add, for those of you who want to decompress the changeforms in C#:

- read in all the bytes (compressed size),
- created a memory stream on those bytes,
- read and discard the first two bytes (more or less the zlib magic number)
- create a DeflateStream using the MemoryStream
- read the amount of uncompressed bytes from the DeflateStream

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:18 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC, 360
I'm working on a save editor in C# myself. I've gotten a ton done so far from the known formats.

Does anyone know where I can get a list of every RefID/Desc in the game?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:27 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Well, I've started a project for exchanging player skins between saves. I've tried to read NPC_ changeform using the format of TES4SaveFile, but something has changed, so I can't read it.

My program has successfully read the overall structure of save and made a dump, but I'm still wondering where the facegen data can be. As for the dump, here it is: dl.dropbox.com/u/4068458/Test-Nue.zip

I will re-check my NPC_ reader if there's anything I've coded wrongly, but if the save format is the same as in TES4 the facegen data should be in 0x14 (ACHR) ChangeForm which is not the same as in TES4. Maybe someone can tell me where should I search for facegen data?

BTW the last table (Unknown Table 3) in my case has the following values: 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00, and if we presume that the first UInt32 is a count, then the other are 4 bytes or 4 bstrings instead of 4 wstrings.

EDIT: ChangeFlags are wrong. Based on TES4 ChangeFlags, there is no FullName in my 0x7 (NPC_) ChangeForm, but it definitely is there.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2