UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hearthfire - East Wing Library
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:25 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
I was sorting though my bookshelves on the upper floor of my Library wing when I noticed that some shelves said they could hold 12 or even 13 books. After placing books on the shelf and backing out to view their grandeur, I noticed that the last few books where not displayed and that no shelf will display more than 11 books even when it claimed it could hold up to 13. Luckily I was able to recover all the books stored on said shelf and move them to the next shelf but I was unable to find any mention of this or why it was happening. On the wiki page for the Library there is no mention of shelves being able to store more than 11 books, it in fact lists all shelves as having 11 spaces. I was wondering if anyone else has come across this issue, or if anyone else who has built the Library would be able to check to see if any shelves say they are capable of holding more than 11 books and if they will display all the books placed on them.

This was in Windstad Manor by the way, would love to hear any help you can give.

Post subject: Re: Hearthfire - East Wing Library
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:22 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: Battlespire, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends
UESPoints: 7
There's a glitch I noticed (with any bookshelf) where if you put a letter or journal in the shelf, it will permanently increase the number of books you can put on that shelf, but it will only display the number of books the shelf is *supposed* to contain. I discovered that by accident in Breezehome.

Twitch channel: Offline

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:28 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, all DLC, Oblivion, GoTY and aniversary, arena
Platform: X360/PC, X360/PC, PC.
UESPoints: 2
It works for any book - put on shelf via the menu, then remove manually off the shelf.

Most noticeable if you do the Oghma glitch, since you can wind up with up to 60/70 books on one shelf...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:32 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: Battlespire, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends
UESPoints: 7
Oh, is that what caused it? Guess I was mistaken, then.

Twitch channel: Offline

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:43 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, 360
I'll check out GoatLiver's issue the next time I visit my Library in Lakeview. I remember the Tall Bookshelves being limited to 11 Books per shelf, but it seems to me that the smaller Bookshelves hold slightly more per shelf. And I'm sure that a certain model of Bookshelf can hold 16 Books per shelf, but that particular type of Bookshelf isn't available in Hearthfire's Library wing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:06 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: All of them
Platform: Xbox One
Other Profiles: R4VID
If you put on the excess of books some will disappear forever. Or pop up randomly. I have even had them delete new books I place on the shelves after I remove the 11 shown books.

That which defines you will prove to be your undoing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:12 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Platform: Xbox, 360
Going off-topic for a moment, but I have to say that I'm a bit underwhelmed by Hearthfire's Library wing. I was expecting something with more capacity to it.

Just wanted to get that off my chest, and I didn't think it was worthy of its own thread.

Last edited by Evil-i on Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:52 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
I would have to agree, I would really have liked to see a few extra bookshelves and even more than that a connection between the top and bottom floors within the library itself something that is lacking in all the tower expansions. Also the bookshelf you get standard with the main-hall behind the room with the double bed has 3 shelves that can hold 18 books on each shelf.

Alarra and CBR JGWRR, thanks for the info on the glitch that looks a reasonable suspect as to what may have happened to my bookshelves, basically if you remove a book without using the activate shelf command it will increase the shelf capacity permanently. I am playing on the PC version so I was wondering if there was any known fix to this issue either through the console or mods ect?

I would still like to hear if anyone else has increased shelf capacity, I am a bit worried that I may now have lost some of my books to getting deleted by this bug :(

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:26 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim, TES:O
Platform: PC (ESO), Xbox 360 (Oblivion, Skyrim)
Other Profiles: baratrongirl (Xbox Live)
I'm just annoyed that you can't have a library and a kitchen in the same house. And that the Entrance + Main Hall + Cellar altogether have a ridiculous number of chests, cupboards, wardrobes, and barrels - but only one bookcase! Who lives like that?! :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:21 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360
Other Profiles: GTOGreg
All things considered, I was more than just a bit disappointed with the Hearthfire expansion. Overall, as much I felt being able to build a house in Skyrim would be awesome, after building all 3 houses, the whole experience seems very "glitchy".

It may be better on the PC but on the Xbox, aside from the issues with bookshelves, I have found issues with the armor/mannequins disappearing moving, or changing positions, the constant reappearance of clutter on shelves, and worst of all having to manually place items in the display cases is a pain in the ass. Even after you get an item in a display case, you leave and come back and your item is on the floor, or worse gone completely. Not to mention losing armor/items after droping them, I dropped the Volsung dragon priest mask and it flat out disappeared!! So I will have to write off getting the Konahrik mask.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:33 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
UESPoints: 14
I do wish that the houses could hold more wings.. or at least allow them to interchangeable.. I just noticed a lack of hearthfire focused threads, would somebody mind opening one. Check to make sure before though, because I could very well be wrong :oops:
Just saying because people may get off the original topic here>_> I don't wanna see anybody yelled at.
Side note, I was never really fond on the library other than the fact that it was a tower. I read alot, but I just store them away while keeping my regulars near the bedside^_^

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]