UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:00 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: The blades WTF
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:16 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, Arena
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
UESPoints: 0
nothing says Kyne trusts him, just says he worked through her, for all we know she may of froced him as PART of paying for what he did

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:20 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: I-V
Platform: PS3, PC
So payment in full, thanks for agreeing with me Wolfie. :D
But who cares, he hardly poses a threat, he is weak. Alduin was right. Paarthurnax is not worth our time, or anyone's for that matter. And what can one Dragon do, he is hardly powerful enough to take on Sven.(I tried multiple followers).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:22 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

thats what we call a "game mecanic" do you really think it takes that little amount of time to travle all away around Skyrim?

And I did not say payment in full i saidPART, I even captilized it

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:26 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

That's what we call a old lizard with tattered wings. Pay attention to all the details. Sure he killed people, but uh, his wings look like Dwemer rugs. And time is sped up in Skyrim, so yes. I do.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:29 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

It's not, it's not the right time, it takes days in lore to go form one side to the other,. but in game it only takes two or three and way less if you run

Also, his "wings may be old" (draghons dont age so he is not "old" by any means) but he is still powerful.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:32 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

But I'm stronger, and you would surprised, or not, how long my character will survive. And all the other things you said, details. Live in the now, ignore details, the next world will have to fend for itself, why not the next day?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:36 am 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: All of them
Platform: Xbox One
Other Profiles: R4VID
The interesting thing about history... it is written to favor the survivors and the winners. We only "know" kyne enlisted paarthunax because history tells us so. Unless I am forgetting a statement in game, P nor the greybeards mention this beyond the greybeards use of the voice only as a means of worship to the goddess of the winds. We also dont know why P stopped killing. We dont know if dragons weaken with age (other dragons seem to get stronger with age [ancient/ legendary dragons]). We dont know what P originally taught... afterall the original tongues wages wars and didnt practice tempering their skill. Windcaller started the peacekeeper movement.

Congrats on that br3admax... I'm a senior chem major in chem seminar (presenting literature in crowds) and ENGL 3280 Advanced Rhetoric and Writing course and because of my science studies my vocabulary is overloaded with words too big and mostly useless for typical conversation.

That which defines you will prove to be your undoing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:39 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I get the words, but they take forever to type, so i don't use them. Plus I think you might be a little older than I am. And the Greybeards are the victors, so why would they lie about Kyne. They have no reason to and they do not really talk to others. They would be better off telling the truth.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:41 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Becuse then they can say "Our leader was helped by a God? he is a good guy, you can kill him?" (to the nords who want to kill evreything back when the graybears where made and took Gods as a BIG deal.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:44 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

As long as the Dragonborn is around, which should be a while, it will not really matter who lied to whom. Bethesda tricks us into believing our choices matter, but they do not. Instead, they erase our character's vary names and races from history, and kill off all the possibilities. It is fair, in a way, but also bittersweet, for I aspire greater than an lost expedition to Akavir.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:45 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Br3admax wrote:
As long as the Dragonborn is around, which should be a while, it will not really matter who lied to whom. Bethesda tricks us into believing our choices matter, but they do not. Instead, they erase our character's vary names and races from history, and kill off all the possibilities. It is fair, in a way, but also bittersweet, for I aspire greater than an lost expedition to Akavir.

To be fair that also means odds are the dragonborns not going to last a month after the game is over :P

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:49 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Mine is immortal and eternal, no matter what the dim wits in Cyrodiil who right the history books, come up with as a story.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:59 am 
Guardian
Guardian

Wolfie wrote:
Becuse then they can say "Our leader was helped by a God? he is a good guy, you can kill him?" (to the nords who want to kill evreything back when the graybears where made and took Gods as a BIG deal.

^ exactly... but we can never know for sure.
What we do know.
P didnt directly help the 3 original tongues vs Alduin in the battle that expelled him into time.
kyne wasnt worshiped back when snow elves were normal (late in DG) so she might not be real.
P murders people in the name of dragonkind while under the command of Alduin
P's name is a thu'um and according to the greybeards, your thu'um defines you.
The tongues that follow the dragon-war lead great wars vs Morrowind, dwarves, Aylieds and other colonies.
Jurgen Windcaller swallowed the shouts of other tongues- this started the greybeards

@br3admax, I'm 21. Been playing TES since I was 11. Its the only reason I play videogames. And the words I know are chemicals and body systems, latin roots etc... not a lot of practical application outside of my field (pharmacy)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:03 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Still older, but we started around the same time. Which of course some how proves my argument right. I mean I said it was right, and in the ES universe, anything can, could, and probably is true.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:17 am 
Guardian
Guardian

lol I didnt know this had a forum... I used the FB boards until they closed them, and I have a few posts on the nexus, but I dont like the environment. I came here because my GF discovered that the dwemer stone in Markarth with both falmer and dwemer on it functions as a rosetta stone saying basically the same thing on front and back [the rosetta stone for those who dont know, was a stone that said the same thing in both egyptian and greek which allowed for the initial translations of hieroglyphs). Of course that topic (like my economy one) went relatively unnoticed. Im half tempted to move to the Imperial Library discussions, but they are more concerned with history of the way the game has already played out, rather than development of the future. Not to mention their site is ugly to look at. :P

to the argument... yes anything can be right, and in the end if it is a player-made decision both possibilities happen in lore (so the blades will be reestablished and P will have died, and the greybeards will be without a leader, both tulius and ulfric will be dead, and all of the possible jarls will become jarls. The dragonborn will have gotten all daedric weapons and have lost them.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:30 am 
Archmage
Archmage

ES Games: Morrowind Oblivion and Skyrim
Other Profiles: Xbox: AbroadHarpy22 Steam: Hissien
UESPoints: 1
Kyne might actually be meridia since she uses spriggans which are known servants of meridia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:34 am 
Guardian
Guardian

Hissien wrote:
Kyne might actually be meridia since she uses spriggans which are known servants of meridia

Since when? Aurorans are her daedra.

According to the wiki

"Meridia - "The Tract of Merid-nunda paints her as a "wayward solar daughter" who was "cast from the heavens for consorting with illicit spectra".[oog 1] It's possible she was once one of the Magna Ge.

While kyne- Kyne, Kiss At the End

Kyne is the Nordic goddess of the Storm, widow of Shor, Warrior-Wife, and a favored god of warriors. She is often called the Mother of Men (as well as beasts). Nords believe her daughters taught the first of them how to use the Thu'um, or Storm Voice, though Paarthurnax claims credit for doing so. Kyne and Kynareth are considered one and the same

And kynareth- Kynareth, Goddess of Air
Kynareth

Kynareth is the goddess of the heavens, the winds, the elements, and the unseen spirits of the air. She is a member of the Eight Divines/Nine Divines and Matron of sailors and travelers. Kynareth is often invoked for auspicious stars at birth and for good fortune in daily life. In some legends, she is the first to agree to Lorkhan's divine plan to create the mortal plane, and provides the space in the void for its creation. Furthermore, she is associated with rain, a phenomenon that is said not to have occurred before the removal of Lorkhan's divine spark.

According to followers of the Divines, the Sky Goddess Kyne, worshipped by the Nords as the strongest of the Sky spirits and the widow of Shor, is the Nordic aspect of Kynareth. Rain is said to be Kyne's tears as she mourns the loss of her beloved Shor, since rain is believed not to have appeared until after his divine spark was forcibly removed. It is said Kyne gifted men with the thu'um so they could harness the language of the dragons and use its power to save themselves from the wrath of Alduin and the dragons."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:38 am 
Archmage
Archmage

In skyrim it mentions she uses spriggans on the loading screens...... my mistake it is an older lore reference not from the loading screens.

Last edited by Hissien on Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:42 am 
Archmage
Archmage

Meridia, Lady of Infinite Energies,[1] is an obscure Daedric Prince, and very little is known about her by mortals except that she is associated with the energies of living things.[2] Meridia has a great and everlasting hatred for the undead and will greatly reward any who eliminate them from the world. She often uses Spriggans throughout Oblivion and Mundus as her guardians.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:22 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

Why am I not finding that? Can you link me (not saying I dont believe you)

The Spriggan is a moderately intelligent creature which appears to be part fauna and part flora, leading to observers confusing it with trees and other plant life. It attacks with both arms as well as its teeth and has a surprisingly fast regeneration rate which results in adventurers often having to defeat them several times before they remain dead. Some have the ability to summon woodland animals to aid them, particularly black bears. Spriggans have their own unique language.

Spriggans are malevolent nature spirits appearing as glowing, green humanoid females made mostly of wood. They can restore themselves to full health easily, and can call various animals to aid them in battle, even normally non-hostile creatures such as foxes and deer. Spriggans also have the ability to summon swarms of insects to attack the player. Spriggans have a notable weakness to fire. Spriggans can be an unwanted surprise in seemingly peaceful caves, as they blend in with the foliage using an invisibility spell, then attack when the player is passing them.

Spriggans resemble a cross between a tree and human woman. They may summon a Black Bear once per day, and their variety of abilities make them very dangerous opponents. They are able to fully replenish their health three times a day. Outdoors, Spriggans are found along roads in Forest terrains, and in the wilderness in Swamp and Forest terrains. They emit quiet, giggling laughter when idle.

The tree spirits of this island. When the All-Maker breathed life into the creatures of the land, his Breath blew through the trees as well. Some of these trees kept a part of this life, and these are the spriggans you see today. — Risi Ice-Mane
Description: These spirits of the icy forest are like the local trees. Strong and resistant. Protecting the woods against intruders they fight anyone coming near and are feared greatly because they cannot be killed easily.
Found: Common in the greener southern region of Solstheim.

...but nothing about kyne, meridia, kynereth or any god-being except for the "All-Maker"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:51 pm 
Archmage
Archmage

^It is on her lore page on the uesp

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:05 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

Yeah, but that is the only statement in the opening description that doesnt have a source... splendid.

And TY btw I dont know how I missed that.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:32 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: All
Platform: PC,PS3
I miss the blades.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9