UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1893 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 76  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dawnguard.
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 12:09 pm 
Master
Master

UESPoints: 0
I'm thinking the "hold" thing may be some animation like Vyrthur gets killed and Serana holds his/her dead body or something.

I am also glad it appears vampires are getting coffins to sleep in.

Last edited by SajuukKhar on Fri May 25, 2012 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:08 pm 
Master
Master

opps meant to put that on my above post

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:16 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Oblivion and Skyrim
Platform: Xbox
It looks like there might be at least two separate quest-lines (One Snow Prince/Falmer and the other Vampire orientated.)
We have already seen the Vampire Lords in the Game Jam video so it makes sense that they could be included. It's also worth noting you had flying Vampires in Vvardenfell so now we have two connections to Morrowind (the Snow Prince in Solstheim and flying Vampires in Vvardenfell).

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:47 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
Hmmmm, an anti-vampire crusade by the falmer? Seems a bit far-fetched lore-wise, unless Meridia has promised to cure the falmer as a reward. More likely two seperate quests, one vampire based and the other falmer based, with some sort of crossover maybe. Remember how in the Main Quest the Jarl of Whiterun refuses to let the hero imprison a Dragon in his hold until you do something about the civil war?

I'm certainly hoping that the DLC will have a very rich and complex questline which (fingers crossed) appears to be the case.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:06 pm 
Master
Master

Apparently someone found NEW Dawnguard stuff from the 1.6 beta patch

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/137661 ... ry20835210
Karellan wrote:
Has anyone else stumbled upon this? If you install the 1.6 beta patch and do a saveini console command (which forces the game to create an .ini file with ALL the configurable settings), some VERY interesting settings pop up:

[general]
fPlayerFlyingMountBaseTargetSpeed=700.0000

[Verlet]
bUseConstantStepDelta=1
bUseRotationBasedTransformUpdate=1
uiNumIter=50
fGravity=-1500.0000
uCapeClothNumPin=12
fVerticalCapsuleOffset=50.0000

Does this mean that FLYING DRAGON MOUNTS (!!!) and verlet integration (think flails and morningstars, capes, 'bendable' trees, flabby giants) are confirmed? I think so. Any .ini setting means that the game already has relevant code regarding them... all we need is the Dawnguard DLC to actually add the content.

For those skeptical about it: the law of conservation applies. Why would Bethesda deliberately add stuff to the game (that's pretty much inaccessible right now) that's nearly undiscoverable... if not for Dawnguard? It's not uncommon to 'prep' the game code before a DLC comes. Remember that the Construction Kit got broken with patch 1.6 due to new subrecords and headers added to base game files.

Also, remember that we already have the following things from the GameJam:
1. Ranged killcams
2. Enhanced underwater effects
3. Kinect support
4. Mounted combat.

This is a very promising find IMO. This means that we could see even MORE of the gamejam goodies in upcoming patches and DLC.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:10 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Interesting.

Of course, this could also be prep for 1.7, when they (might) make Odahviing and potentially Paarthurnax rideable.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:11 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
Platform: xbox 360
I just read The Falmer: A Study (I believe thats what its called)

That book definitely foreshadows a falmer invasion.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:37 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360
Wow, i hope they add Morningstars and capes. CAPES!!! My assassin would look even more badass if he had a cape.

Just a question as well. I play on two accounts, one on Xbox LIVE and one offline. Will my offline account still get the patch? I've noticed the underwater visuals have improved, and the iron dagger exploit has been nerfed, both things that were integrated as part of a patch. Will patch 1.6 apply to both accounts?

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:23 am 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, Xbox
Other Profiles: Creator Of All (Xbox)
drumgodrob wrote:
Wow, i hope they add Morningstars and capes. CAPES!!! My assassin would look even more badass if he had a cape.

Just a question as well. I play on two accounts, one on Xbox LIVE and one offline. Will my offline account still get the patch? I've noticed the underwater visuals have improved, and the iron dagger exploit has been nerfed, both things that were integrated as part of a patch. Will patch 1.6 apply to both accounts?

On Xbox, any downloaded, or installed patches, or expansion are saved to the Hard Drive. Therefore, they effect all profiles.

So yes, your offline profile should also recieve the benefits (or lack thereof) of the patch.

I somehow feel that if the mods were all gods.. Believe would surely be the God of Awesome and Booze

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:27 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Believe wrote:
drumgodrob wrote:

On Xbox, any downloaded, or installed patches, or expansion are saved to the Hard Drive. Therefore, they effect all profiles.

So yes, your offline profile should also recieve the benefits (or lack thereof) of the patch.

Hooray! Thanks! :D

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:29 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: oblivion/ daggerfall/Skyrim
Platform: xbox360/ PC
I'm not too keen a fan of this, my problem is I feel Bethesda jumped the shark with having Dragons as the main enemies.

I mean honestly where do we go from there? Vampires? They haven't been able to get anything done as a group, not once do we hear of a vampire Crisis or anything similar. They're just too common and not much of a threat. I mean you're average soldier could probably handle a lower vampire, and any Guard Force of a major city themselves could drive out every vampire if they wanted to. They've just never been presented as that much of an issue, not more than your common goblin at least.

Now the Falmer are different, I'd be afraid of them. But still not too much of an improvement over the Dragons, there's only so many other beings that are more intimidating or powerful than them.

And let's be honest there's hardly a better fight than with a Dragon in Skyrim.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:54 pm 
Imperial Legate
Imperial Legate

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, Xbox, Xbox 360
UESPoints: 20
So you feel the dragons were more of a threat to Tamriel than Mehrunes Dagon physically appearing, or the idea of Dagoth Ur riding Anumidium across the face of Tamriel, spreading the blight? Honestly, I don't think they "jumped the shark" at all. Jumping the shark is when a series that's struggling pulls a desperate stunt to become successful again. The Elder Scrolls was successful before they introduced dragons, and the dragons made the series even more successful.

Monsters are bred in labyrinths, labyrinths are bred from walls. There is a reason the Giants choose to remain nomadic rather than follow their shield kin the Nords in building permanent settlements. The Tower is the beginning of all walls.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:15 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

While Dagon and the Oblivion Crisis would be on par with the return of Alduin (can't forget that it wasn't just Dragons, it was the return of the World Eater, plus your average Dragon > your average Dremora/Daedroth, Atronach/etc. ) Dagoth Ur was nothing compared to them, he was a demi-God whose power could have been easily stopped by other outside forces, any of the Gods could have whipped up another Hero to topple him, and the Daedra could stop him or the Empire itself.

The Ash Vampire/Clan would have been crushed by the Imperial Army, especially in it's Golden State, I mean just 4 years ( I think that's the time span difference) later they would have fought the Daedra and come out Victorious, now while it never would have been with out the help of Martin and more importantly the CoC, the army did a fine job during that War.

The construct would be the largest problem, but again it wouldn't be the end all, I'm sure the combined armies of the Empire and all their battle mages, and artifacts could at least stop it, and then all that would be needed is an invasion on to Red Mountain with Keening/Wraithguard.

But I mean to say still that the Dragons have been the worst thing in Tamriel only matched by the O.C. II, and apparently the O.C. I (by Molag Bal).

Vampires, and Falmer just won't be as exciting or dangerous IMO.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:20 pm 
Master
Master

Numidium was only destroyed because its power source was part of Talos's soul that a part of Talos managed to recover.

Numidium was so powerful it KILLED Akatosh...... TWICE. Numidium > Akatosh > Dagon

Akulakan would be practically unstoppable since it used The Heart of Lorkhan.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:28 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

True, but firstly, a Dragon Break doesn't mean Akatosh died, and I still feel like though anyone can just don those gloves and wield that knife and just go up straight to the Heart and break it, that's the problem. This guy needed an "unstoppable" golem and a highy deadly disease to conquer the World, where-as Dagon and Alduin just needed a way into Tamriel and they could destroy simply by their own sheer Will.

Doesn't speak too much about Dagoth Ur's power.

Regardless, you put all three in a fight, Dagoth Ur wouldn't stand a chance, Dagon and Alduin are matched, if anything Alduin is stronger, but not weaker that Dagon. So still when you view the events in those three games the order of gravity goes from III<IV=V.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:59 pm 
Master
Master

Da_BossMaN69 wrote:
True, but firstly, a Dragon Break doesn't mean Akatosh died, and I still feel like though anyone can just don those gloves and wield that knife and just go up straight to the Heart and break it, that's the problem. This guy needed an "unstoppable" golem and a highy deadly disease to conquer the World, where-as Dagon and Alduin just needed a way into Tamriel and they could destroy simply by their own sheer Will.

Doesn't speak too much about Dagoth Ur's power.

Regardless, you put all three in a fight, Dagoth Ur wouldn't stand a chance, Dagon and Alduin are matched, if anything Alduin is stronger, but not weaker that Dagon. So still when you view the events in those three games the order of gravity goes from III<IV=V.

Do you know why it is called a Dragon Break? Because during a Dragon Break time is broken, and Akatosh IS TIME ITSELF. You cannot having a period of non-linear time without killing Akatosh.

Also when Akulakan is activated it will be so high up you couldn't reach it, which makes the items meaningless. Furthermore Dagoth-Ur had both Keening, and sunder, in his possession, and without the Nerevarine no one would have gotten them, making making Vivec's warthguard useless.

As for the strength of the enemies Akulakan > Akatosh > Alduin > Dagon. Dagoth-Ur is unkillable so long as the heart exists.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:08 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

YouTube Link

AAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Badass flying vampire lords!!! Crossbows!!!!! MOAR!!!!!

I'M THROWING MONEY AT THE SCREEN BUT NOTHING IS HAPPENING!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:18 pm 
Master
Master

drumgodrob wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3PjBSicSVqI

AAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Badass flying vampire lords!!! Crossbows!!!!! MOAR!!!!!

I'M THROWING MONEY AT THE SCREEN BUT NOTHING IS HAPPENING!!!!!

THROW MORE MONEY< FASTER FASTER

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:26 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Capes, crossbows, vampires, oh my!

Damn you, Bethesda, and your wicked schemes to drive PC and PS3 users insane!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:27 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
Platform: xbox 360
So what does it look like the plot will be?

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:29 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC, Xbox 360
Well I hope I don't have to be that vampire thing.

Affiliate of the Blades. Talos guide you.

Long live the Emperor, Long Live the Empire!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:34 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I'd say you're going to have a choice between becoming a vampire lord or joining the Dawnguard. So if you go vampire, then you're seeking to annihilate the Dawnguard, gather the Elder Scrolls, and take over the world. If you're with the Dawnguard, then (obviously) you're trying not to get annihilated, prevent the bloodsuckers from acquiring the Elder Scrolls, and keep them from taking over the world.

The one thing that concerns me is that it almost looks like it's going to be exclusive to the Xbox, in which case I will spam hatemail to Bethesda to no end.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:35 pm 
Master
Master

Gideon Dragontongue wrote:
The one thing that concerns me is that it almost looks like it's going to be exclusive to the Xbox, in which case I will spam hatemail to Bethesda to no end.

Its been confirmed 30 days exclusive.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:39 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Yeah, that's what they told us, but look at the information under the video: Only about the Xbox. Tags: No PC, no PS3, only Xbox.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:55 pm 
Modern Major General
Modern Major General

ES Games: Oblivn Goy, Morrwnd, Skrim
Platform: PC
Other Profiles: Steam: The_Nanza
UESPoints: 8
Oooooooh my god. Ohmygodohmygodohmygod.

What was the thing at 0:55? Looks like someone took a giant, a frost troll and threw in a bit of bat for good measure.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1893 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 76  Next