UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:20 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1893 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 76  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dawnguard.
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:32 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Shivering Isles, Knights of the Nine, Skyrim
Platform: PC
Other Profiles: Steam: orthanq
UESPoints: 0
Quote:
Quote:
And it would be nice to have some acknowledgement of your deeds in the world beyond a few guard quips.

You become the Hero Of Skyrim.What more acknowledgement would you need?(Other then becoming a God that is :P )

I think he means that NPC's don't seem to give a damn about what you did.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:43 am 
Master
Master

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion GOTY, Arena, Skyrim + DLCs | Battlespire/Redguard (bug fests that I didn't manage to complete)
Platform: PC,PS3
Abel wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
And it would be nice to have some acknowledgement of your deeds in the world beyond a few guard quips.

You become the Hero Of Skyrim.What more acknowledgement would you need?(Other then becoming a God that is :P )

I think he means that NPC's don't seem to give a damn about what you did.

Hm,if that is the case then yes but still,it would have to be limited to npc's who really know who you are.I doubt everyone would recognise the Dragonborn if he/she would come walking down the road simply because not everyone sees you in action.

Stormcloak and Dunmer Lover of the UESP Forums

~ ~ ~

Last edited by Mefris Elmek on Sat May 12, 2012 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:18 am 
Imperial Legate
Imperial Legate

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, Xbox, Xbox 360
UESPoints: 20
The bards sing a new song for you, so at least they recognize your greatness.

Monsters are bred in labyrinths, labyrinths are bred from walls. There is a reason the Giants choose to remain nomadic rather than follow their shield kin the Nords in building permanent settlements. The Tower is the beginning of all walls.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:22 am 
Master
Master

People think the Dragonborn doesn't get credit?

Read the books... people have no idea who the Champion of Cyrodiil from Oblivion is.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:42 am 
Master
Master

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion GOTY, Arena, Skyrim + DLCs | Battlespire/Redguard (bug fests that I didn't manage to complete)
SajuukKhar wrote:

Read the books... people have no idea who the Champion of Cyrodiil from Oblivion is.

I think the poster was implying that he would want recognition NOW.Obviously,in 200 years no one will know who the Dragonborn was.

~ ~ ~

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:51 am 
Master
Master

Mefris Elmek wrote:
SajuukKhar wrote:

I think the poster was implying that he would want recognition NOW.Obviously,in 200 years no one will know who the Dragonborn was.

People remember The Nervarine 200 years later.... the Dragonborn, being such a cultural hero, MIGHT be remembered.

Also the books were only 40 years after Oblivion and everyone has forgotten who the CoC was.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:00 am 
Master
Master

SajuukKhar wrote:
Mefris Elmek wrote:
SajuukKhar wrote:

People remember The Nervarine 200 years later.... the Dragonborn, being such a cultural hero, MIGHT be remembered.

Also the books were only 40 years after Oblivion and everyone has forgotten who the CoC was.

Hm yes but still it wouldn't be anything concrete.Also,I sincerely think the Champion of Cyrodiil has not been completely forgotten.The reason for people being silent about it (now) is obvious: the Thalmor

~ ~ ~

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:42 am 
Master
Master

Cardbird wrote:
Well, everyone still knows who Sheogorath is, and he is the COC

The people of Tamriel have no idea that they are one and the same.

~ ~ ~

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:21 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC, PS3
They should add more lines from the voice actors for the DLC, to change it up a bit and get a little recognition for the things your character has accomplished so far (in the game)
Also, if u have the double effect perk, and u use a dragon soul instead of a soul gem, u should be able to apply a third effect (2 effects if u dont have the double effect perk and use a dragon soul). Also for crafting, there should be a "style" option for smithing, maybe for workbench/grindstone to change the model used for your armor/sword. like a dwarven shaped sword with the ebony colours or dwarven war axe with daedric model colouring(if its made from daedra heart and ebony)

anyone know if they could just save the colouring data and swap it with different models or basically just let me know how hard that would be?

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:26 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

UESPoints: 4
LtAscott wrote:
They should add more lines from the voice actors for the DLC, to change it up a bit and get a little recognition for the things your character has accomplished so far (in the game)

That would be nice. Not everyone likes to be modest sometimes.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:07 pm 
Master
Master

Platform: PC
Atleast sometimes the guards congratulate you on the defeat of alduin. And I like to be the hero from the shadows, it would be annoying if it was like morrowind were everyone "loves" you for being the nerevarine.

The champion of cyrodiil has an ill fate, because it is likely that people forget him because of what Martin did. Martins act is much bigger compared to the many acts of the champion of cyrodil. So the collective mind of the people will remember the last septim as godlike spirit and nobody knows that our hero replaced Sheogorath. Also because Jygg haven't showed up in Tamriel as far as we know.

RFC 5513

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:29 pm 
Imperial Legate
Imperial Legate

You hit the nail on the head. The Champion was an errand boy/girl for Martin. He/she did the heavy lifting but the last heir of Talos obviously got the glory when he got his Dragon on.

Monsters are bred in labyrinths, labyrinths are bred from walls. There is a reason the Giants choose to remain nomadic rather than follow their shield kin the Nords in building permanent settlements. The Tower is the beginning of all walls.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 5:06 pm 
Master
Master

LtAscott wrote:

That most likely wont happen for the same reasons it didn't with Fallout 3 and New Vegas. It simply isn't worth the money to re-hire all the voice actors for the base game to make more lines for a DLC just so you can get some guy saying "hey you did X".

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 5:07 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

UESPoints: 4
The developers should totally do it themselves.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:37 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends, Blades
Platform: PC, PS4, PS5, XSX
UESPoints: 5
People probably don't remember the Champion of Cyrodiil because he/she disappeared shortly after the defeat of Mehrunes Dagon, and was outshone to an extent by Martin Spetim and his brief time as the final Spetim Emperor. That, and the fact that as soon as the Oblivion Crisis was ended, the bloody 4th Era begun, and the Empire and civilisation as people knew it begun to crumble around them. No time to write ballads when you're fighting bitterly for this or that.

That all being said, I'm not sure I see how this all relates to the upcoming DLC. I'm still rather stumped as to what those glowing eyes mean to be honest.

Beginner's Guide to Morrowind

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:18 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Compare:
Spoiler:

Same color, no? Couple that with the fact that it's called "Dawnguard" and I'm beginning to think this must have something to do with Meridia.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:34 pm 
Imperial Legate
Imperial Legate

The word "Dawn" could literally refer to a dozen thing in the TES mythos. I'm not gonna assume anything.

I will say that another Daedra centered expansion would be boring and overplayed. It would be the least exciting possibility for me. The idea of some time traveling, Dawn era related thing gets me excited though.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:37 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends, Blades
Platform: PC, PS4, PS5, XSX
UESPoints: 5
I agree with both the point about the possible connection with Meridia, I will admit it was her I first thought of upon hearing of Dawnguard, and the eyes are, as Gideon points out, the same colour as Dawnbreaker; and the point that Dawn can be linked to any number of elements of TES Lore, from Meridia to Azura, The Mythic Dawn to the Dawn Era. I can't wait until the E3 reveal, that is for sure.

Beginner's Guide to Morrowind

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:46 pm 
Master
Master

OblivionDuruza wrote:
I agree with both the point about the possible connection with Meridia, I will admit it was her I first thought of upon hearing of Dawnguard, and the eyes are, as Gideon points out, the same colour as Dawnbreaker; and the point that Dawn can be linked to any number of elements of TES Lore, from Meridia to Azura, The Mythic Dawn to the Dawn Era. I can't wait until the E3 reveal, that is for sure.

According to the Skyrim Nexus Dawnguard is behind closed doors at E3.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:37 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Platform: Xbox 360, PC
UESPoints: 14
SajuukKhar wrote:
OblivionDuruza wrote:

According to the Skyrim Nexus Dawnguard is behind closed doors at E3.

We'll still get the news after E3, either way. The people who they reveal Dawnguard to will probably be working for sources who have a special license to be the first to reveal information.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:38 pm 
Imperial Legate
Imperial Legate

I bet we'll see a trailer from e3 at least.

It looks like they're going full blown SI sized content with the first pay-DLC this time, which is hopeful. They've learned their successful DLC business model finally, after SI and the Fallout 3 expansions which were very good and just the right size for what they were.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:42 pm 
Master
Master

Pilaf The Defiler wrote:
I bet we'll see a trailer from e3 at least.

It looks like they're going full blown SI sized content with the first pay-DLC this time, which is hopeful. They've learned their successful DLC business model finally, after SI and the Fallout 3 expansions which were very good and just the right size for what they were.

Knowing Bethesda its gonna be a CG trailer with 0 gameplay, thats how they roll, first trailer is CG.

Also the DLC will be more Point Lookout sized then SI sized, or between the two.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:22 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion GOTY,Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360 (Arcade)
I hope this effects both Skyrim and whatever land we go to.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:54 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
Platform: xbox 360
Spoiler:
I bet we're going back in time at some point, as the elder scroll remains a quest item even after you should be done with it.

Not sure if they would do that for the first DLC or not, I would guess not.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:59 pm 
Master
Master

soda popinski wrote:
Spoiler:
I bet we're going back in time at some point, as the elder scroll remains a quest item even after you should be done with it.

Not sure if they would do that for the first DLC or not, I would guess not.

Spoiler:
The Elder Scroll can be sold at the College of Winterhold :wink:

~ ~ ~

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1893 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 76  Next