UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: How best to make an unarmed character viable on master?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:59 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

Platform: Xbox 360
I believe the question is simple enough, anyone made this work? I tried with a Khajiit, Fists of Steel and got exquisite daedric gauntlets - but then got completely owned repeatedly at Dustman's Cairn and decided it was a lost cause. I was going to go Alchemy, Smithing and Enchanting for good armor (though Fists of Steel only benefits from base gauntlet armor rating); the unarmed enchant on a ring and the gauntlets (+24 damage); ebony mail (for passive damage); and also flame/frost/lightning cloak with the augmented elemental perks (for more passive damage) but never got that far. I never considered shouts, but I've heard Marked for Death is useful.

To summarise:
-Khajiit (22 damage)
-Fists of Steel and daedric gauntlets (18 damage)
-Ring and Gauntlet unarmed enchants (24 damage - 64 damage total)
-Ebony Mail
-Destruction cloaks
-Armor at the cap
-Good resistances (alteration perks, lord/atronach stone, miscellaneous elemental and magic resists on equipment, Agent of Mara)
-Marked for Death shout

Is this workable on master? I wanted to know because with my previous failed attempt I got all the way to level 30; I didn't want to go on the same path again just to be disappointed. But then again I didn't get a lot of the components on that last character, so maybe I just gave up too soon! What do you think?

Post subject: Re: How best to make an unarmed character viable on master?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:07 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, Arena
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
What do you call viable? lv 30 seems like it worked to me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:14 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

Viable as in it doesn't take me around three hours to work through a dungeon that with any other character would not take any where near as long. I do want a challenge, but I don't want things to be nigh on impossible and hence unenjoyable. I guess people may suggest lowering the difficulty but I only ever play on the hardest setting anyway no matter what the game; so I feel like if it's practically impossible for me to play on master with a character then the character isn't viable.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:25 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

JDizzle wrote:
Viable as in it doesn't take me around three hours to work through a dungeon that with any other character would not take any where near as long. I do want a challenge, but I don't want things to be nigh on impossible and hence unenjoyable. I guess people may suggest lowering the difficulty but I only ever play on the hardest setting anyway no matter what the game; so I feel like if it's practically impossible for me to play on master with a character then the character isn't viable.

Eh, I dont really have that problem, with my guy on master, nothing defreint form you except i dont have the hevery anmour perk (yet) it dont take me three hours

I die a lot but a die a lot anyways

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:51 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

I had to fight draugr deathlords though, even with dying a lot I don't think I would have been able to get out of Dustman's Cairn at all. You don't do anything at all to stagger the opponent or anything else? I even had a load of potions, but it made no difference.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:53 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

JDizzle wrote:
I had to fight draugr deathlords though, even with dying a lot I don't think I would have been able to get out of Dustman's Cairn at all. You don't do anything at all to stagger the opponent or anything else? I even had a load of potions, but it made no difference.

Well the key with fighting like that is hit and run, its just the simple fact that it cant do as much damange and has no "abilty" like bleed ignore amour or

basicly like using dagers, you cant be a tank if thats what your asking but with enough try evreything dies (except maybe frost trolls :lol: )

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:01 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
I did this (though not on master) and was using illusion and destruction (only runes) to soften up the enemy while using fists. I guess you have to think outside of the box a bit more, but I thought it was viable and enjoyable.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:39 pm 
Warder
Warder

My goal is to go on Adept, so I don't have to stress about it a whole lot.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]