UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Enchanting with Elemental Fury
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:10 am 
Layman
Layman

UESPoints: 0
I haven't seen this anywhere yet, so I apologize if this has been covered by someone else..

So today I realized that my axe is permanently enchanted with Elemental Fury, which I assume to be a lingering effect (bug) from the shout. Sheathing the weapon and changing it altogether does not dispel the effects.

I just noticed that I can in fact disenchant the weapon at an Arcane Enchanter to learn the enchantment. But since I didn't want to lose my weapon, I tried enchanting another weapon (an iron dagger) by using the shout, and disenchanting that instead. But it was not an available option...

So, does anyone know how I managed to permanently enchant my axe? And is there another way to learn the enchantment?

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Enchanting with Elemental Fury
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:20 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Other Profiles: BurningSuitcase
Oh man, that's really awesome. If I were you, disenchant that weapon of yours to gain that enchantment. Might be your only chance. :p I definitely will try and look this one up, and get back to you on it.

EDIT: This is all I could find on it. I checked several sites, and this information came from a different Elder Scrolls Wiki.

Shout/Effects: Elemental Fury can cause left handed weapons to swing in super slow motion when not affected by the shout. Can stop the swing by sheathing the weapons or switching to a spell. Both weapons will swing at the appropriate speed as the shout is affecting the player, once the shout ends, the weapon will swing extremely slow again. Only occurs when dual wielding two weapons. Single left hand weapons swing normal, and fists swing normal as well. (Can effect the right hand instead of the left hand as well.) This bug is rumored to be fixed by getting an enemy (Draugr) to Disarm Shout at you. NOT confirmed.

Shout/Effects: After shouting Elemental Fury, there is a chance that the heavy wind sound won't stop after the shout ends and keep sounding forever, no matter what you do (quit and reload, fast-travel, use Elemental Fury again nor a different shout...). This also can happen with the Chillrend weapon and other Shouts, the sounds keep repeating just like the Elemental Fury bug. Might be the same problem. (Video Demonstration ) This bug is rumored to be fixed by getting an enemy (Draugr) to Disarm Shout at you. NOT confirmed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:34 pm 
Layman
Layman

I do plan to, but I want to max out my Enchanting first :p...

Although since it seems to be a bug I'm not sure if it'll be anything other than Elemental Fury +10 anyway.
Because of course, there's unlimited charges on it (or at least the axe that's currently afflicted, anyway). I'll have to check.

As cool as it might be, I do have to listen to rushing wind ALL the time while it's out. Makes me feel a lot less stealthy 8)

Last edited by Seaurchinstosun on Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:36 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Can you explain the situation you were in when Elemental Fury became permanent ? Where/ what/ who, etc.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:36 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

Platform: Xbox, PC, STD
Other Profiles: Gamertag: MightyGo0dLeadr
UESPoints: 15
Disenchant it now! It doesn't matter when you disenchant the item, you learn the base enchantment. Your Enchanting level only affects items you enchant, not disenchant.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:21 am 
Layman
Layman

mcjordalini wrote:
Can you explain the situation you were in when Elemental Fury became permanent ? Where/ what/ who, etc.

I honestly couldn't tell ya. All I know is that I was using Elemental Fury for a while (particularly while attacking one of the forts for the Stormcloaks), and I noticed that even after the cooldown of the shout had finished, when I used it again, I got the message that my axe was already enchanted.
Afterwards, I noticed after fast traveling back to Whiterun that the enchantment was still there.
:/ Don't know much else besides that.

Musicman247 wrote:
Disenchant it now! It doesn't matter when you disenchant the item, you learn the base enchantment. Your Enchanting level only affects items you enchant, not disenchant.

Haha, I know. But it's on my best weapon right now and I'm kind of enjoying the perk :D

If I get a shot to play it tonight (I'm sharing with my roommate), I'll try a few things out and get back to you guys.

What I'm excited to see is if I have Enchanting at 100, can I double-enchat a weapon with elemental fury? Cause that shout doesn't work on weapons with enchantments... hehehe :wink:

Last edited by Seaurchinstosun on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:06 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary Edition
Platform: PC
Other Profiles: Steam:TheRangaBear
Wish i had that axe right now and you should disenchant immediately you will kick yourself if it dissappears but just in case save first then disenchant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:58 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Seaurchinstosun wrote:
I honestly couldn't tell ya. All I know is that I was using Elemental Fury for a while (particularly while attacking one of the forts for the Stormcloaks), and I noticed that even after the cooldown of the shout had finished, when I used it again, I got the message that my axe was already enchanted.
Afterwards, I noticed after fast traveling back to Whiterun that the enchantment was still there.
:/ Don't know much else besides that.

Oh man, becuase that is super awesome. If you could figure out how this happened, it would become a hugely abused glitch. :p

Seaurchinstosun wrote:
Musicman247 wrote:

Haha, I know. But it's on my best weapon right now and I'm kind of enjoying the perk :D

If I get a shot to play it tonight (I'm sharing with my roommate), I'll try a few things out and get back to you guys.

What I'm excited to see is if I have Enchanting at 100, can I double-enchat a weapon with elemental fury? Cause that shout doesn't work on weapons with enchantments... hehehe :wink:

Unfortunately you won't be able to stack two enchantments of the same kind. I think they have to be separate enchantments. I could be wrong though, because my Enchanting is only level 70-something.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:15 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Skyrim
Platform: PC
With 100 enchanting, you can only enchant 2 different enchants on the same item. Not double of the same one. Also, you can only enchant a normal item with 2 enchants. You still can't add an enchant to an item that already has one.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:35 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

Platform: Xbox, PC, STD
Other Profiles: Gamertag: MightyGo0dLeadr
UESPoints: 15
I think he meant he would be able to have Elemental Fury as well as another enchantment, since you cannot use Elemental Fury with an already enchanted weapon.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:27 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Well then the answer would be yes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:25 pm 
Layman
Layman

Alright. So I did some playing around. I was worried about the update that happened (as I'm playing on PS3) this morning, but it looks like they don't know about this bug so I was safe.

Still don't have 100 Enchanting yet, so I couldn't try out double-enchanting...
But, I made a couple daedric axes and enchanted them with "Elemental Fury +10".
When I selected that, it let me choose how much fury I wanted on it, and I was pleased to see the counter went up to 15, instead of just 10. There charge bar was not there, and the number of charges read "000".
So I successfully enchanted the two weapons with Elemental Fury.

During testing:
The axes do in fact swing faster
Dual-wielding axes doesn't make any difference...
BUT, when I had my axe with Soul Trap in the opposite hand, it also benefitted from Elemental Fury on my Daedric Axe.
This means that eventually if I double-enchant two weapons, I should be able to have a total of 3 enchants plus Elemental Fury on both weapons :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:35 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Seaurchinstosun wrote:
Alright. So I did some playing around. I was worried about the update that happened (as I'm playing on PS3) this morning, but it looks like they don't know about this bug so I was safe.

Still don't have 100 Enchanting yet, so I couldn't try out double-enchanting...
But, I made a couple daedric axes and enchanted them with "Elemental Fury +10".
When I selected that, it let me choose how much fury I wanted on it, and I was pleased to see the counter went up to 15, instead of just 10. There charge bar was not there, and the number of charges read "000".
So I successfully enchanted the two weapons with Elemental Fury.

During testing:
The axes do in fact swing faster
Dual-wielding axes doesn't make any difference...
BUT, when I had my axe with Soul Trap in the opposite hand, it also benefitted from Elemental Fury on my Daedric Axe.
This means that eventually if I double-enchant two weapons, I should be able to have a total of 3 enchants plus Elemental Fury on both weapons :)

Wow, so your going to have some over powered weapons there. :p Awesome man. I really wish I could figure out how to glitch Elemental Fury permanently.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]