UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ultimate Mage Guide
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:38 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, Arena, skyrim
Platform: PS3
UESPoints: 0
Now this is my first how to, ultimate character post but here we go.
Ultimate Mage Perks(defensive)

Alteration perks- needs---> Magic Resistance(3), Atronach(1). Requirements for needs---> Novice Alteration, Apprentice Alteration, Adept Alteration, Expert Alteration.

Enchanting perks- needs---> Enchanter(5), Insightful and Corpus Enchanter(2), Extra effect(1).

Ultimate Mage Perks(support)
Restoration perks- needs---> Recovery(2), Avoid death(1), Ward absorb(1). Requirements for needs---> Novice restoration.

Conjuration perks- Honestly i couldnt find any that makes it better for you, beyond summoning support, that a good mage can survive without.

Ultimate Mage Perks(offensive)
Destruction- Suggest getting all magic half costing perks, dual casting, impact, if you do choose the fire line perks beware of choosing its enemys run at low life perk, this may cause annoyance, I suggest getting the deep freeze rather than the others, intense flame is good if you plan on only using fire to get your enemys to leave you alone, disenigrate is cool for effects and a 1-7% off of damage needed.

With these perks your mage will have: +50% mp regen, +30% mp resist, stamina heals too, healing 50% more effective, absorb wards, and once a day you heal 250 hp when at 10%.
i suggest either breton or aldmer, aldmer has +50 mp, and lower starting magic skills allowing higher capable level, but with breton you get +30% magic resistance allowing 60% resistance, although have higher starting magic skills allowing lower leveling, i suggest putting all level bounes into magicka, at lv 70 you should have a minimum 800/850 mp. Please any suggestions will help, i had a better plan for this in my head, but didnt come out how i wanted it.

35 skill points to achieve all that i have suggested, if you want mage armour and increased duration, brings it to 39, leaving 31 for free use.

"The only reason you could disagree is because your are losing so badly you cannot see it." -J'zargo
Brisalkar: MyNation

Last edited by MasterRokon on Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Ultimate Mage Guide
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:21 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Arena, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, PC
Stagger on Destruction Magic is amazing

I honestly do not see the point of Ward Absorb/Recovery for a pure Mage

Also Conjurations are amazing for "drawing fire", I dont know how many times a Dragon kept Fire/Frost Breathing my Fire/Frost Atronach, completely ignoring me while I nuked it or regened my mana

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:59 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
Instead of investing so much into magicka, I'd rather enchant my gear with "reduces the mana cost for Destruction spells" and "reduces the mana cost for <magic school of your choice>" to achieve 100% for them. That way spells won't cost anything and I can have more health instead.

I haven't tried this yet, though. Just read about it here.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:55 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, Arena, skyrim
Platform: PS3
Talamare wrote:
Stagger on Destruction Magic is amazing

I honestly do not see the point of Ward Absorb/Recovery for a pure Mage

Also Conjurations are amazing for "drawing fire", I dont know how many times a Dragon kept Fire/Frost Breathing my Fire/Frost Atronach, completely ignoring me while I nuked it or regened my mana

Absorb ward is good to counter act the annoying mana shields, cant tell you how much of my damage actually hits the enemy when they use ward, recovery increases your healing ability, if you meant respite that heals stamina too, i didnt put that in cuz otheres have different uses for it, me if im low on health it gives me stamina to allow me to run also, sense as a mage im stuck at 100 stamina. Also increase magic only, because no matter what you can only have 1 school of magic at 100% reduction cost.

"The only reason you could disagree is because your are losing so badly you cannot see it." -J'zargo
Brisalkar: MyNation

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]