UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 2:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 962 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Skyrim NPC Memorial Thread
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:57 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyim, Morrowind, Oblivion
Platform: Xbox 360
UESPoints: 0
Dohvakiin2012 wrote:
RIP Mercer Frey. Lieth thinks you were mighty tasty.

Lieth did have pepper with that human flesh, right?

To denounce the evils of truth and love.
Until our post count reaches the stars above.

Spoiler:
Musicman247 wrote:
I don't suck, I blow.

Post subject: "..No one ever puts ketchup on a hot dog!"
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:02 am 
Undecided
Undecided

ES Games: Oblivion (SI); Skyrim (DB)
Platform: Steam, XBox
Other Profiles: DarkSpark135
UESPoints: 5
I thought ketchup— oh, never mind.

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:25 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 7
Derp53 wrote:
Dohvakiin2012 wrote:
RIP Mercer Frey. Lieth thinks you were mighty tasty.

Lieth did have pepper with that human flesh, right?

Alas, she only had a couple salt piles to mask the bitter taste.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:06 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
UESPoints: 2
RIP Illia, you filthy traitor. There I was wearing black robes and a Forsworn headdress, and you still thought I'd help you kill all your coven sisters? Fool.
And RIP Silvia as well. Sacrifice a fellow witch for your own career advancement? You were a danger to your own coven. Thanks for the staff though, I'll put it to good use.

Also RIP all bandits of White River Watch, Valtheim Towers and Lost Knife Hideout. You were crunchy and good with or without ketchup, and a girl has to get her werewolf perks somehow.

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:55 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
UESPoints: 1
RIP Aerin.
I might have actually been able to something, but my computer hates Riften. I was forced to stare at the ground (in order to stop it from stuttering) while two Vampire Thralls and one Master Vampire tore up the place. Of course, one little death is no loss.

Just wait until I get going with the Dark Brotherhood again. *insert evil laugh here*
I've got a whole list of people to eliminate.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:12 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
RIP Reldith. Runa Sod-Digger, simple peasant that she is, could only stare in horror as those two Death hounds tore you apart. Stumbling away in an attempt to alert someone, her horror increased as she ran into Ennis and he asked "You talk to Reldith yet? She's like a mother to me."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:46 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, Skyrim
UESPoints: 25
I do feel sorry for Savos Aren and the gand he took with him to the Labyrinthian back in the day.

Now they are just pictures in my head
A reminiscence (made up solely by moi) of what could have been a typical evening at the College of Winterhold. Everyone is out and about doing their stuff - trying out a new spell, cramming for exams, wondering if a home-brew love potion will work on that absolutely gorgeous Psijic monk who is advising the Arch-Mage... but one young mage does not participate in the customary eventide activities, suddenly overcome by a strange sense of foreboding. And yes, given the fact that I am a drama queen, this discomforted Apprentice is one S. Aren, known to his friends as Sav. The thing is, soon there will be no one left to call him this way...
Hidden:

Go on and talk to her
An College of Winterhold Apprentice has a major crush on one of his fellow students of the arcane; his best friend good-naturedly tries to get him to literally make the first move, while the object of the poor fellow's ardent affections is busy with late-night cramming for the upcoming exams. Quite a common situation, as far as the young are concerned. With one little detail: in this College love story, the unsuspecting damsel is called Atmah, the helpful best friend is called Hafnar, and the hesitant Romeo is called Savos Aren - and in a few years they will all embark on an expedition to the Labyrinthian. Kind of makes one dwell on certain matters...
Hidden:

As He Lay Dying
Sorry, Archmage Aren, you have dreamed the wrong dream..
Hidden:

Hidden:
When he finally stumbled out of his quarters, bleary-eyed and shaky, all the other apprentices had already started going about their daily routine. Atmah was sitting barricaded behind a huge pile of books, Hafnar was practicing Destruction spells, Elvali was brewing some suspiciously smelling liquid, and Takes-In-Light and Girduin were arguing over something in front of an arcane enchanter.
'Hey... Morning, guys,' he said with a meek wave of his hand, his voice failing him.
Hafnar, who had turned away from his target to replenish his magicka, caught sight of him and grinned, his eyebrows raised in a sly, understanding expression, 'Hiya, Savos! Rough night, eh? Told you it was a bad idea to test that potion on yourself'.
He shook his head, gulping loudly, 'It... It wasn't that. I had this horrible nightmare...'
Hafnar laughed, 'About failing your exams? Don't tell me you are becoming like Atmah!'.
'I heard that, you wise guy!' came the indignant response out of the book fortress.
'Touchy-touchy!' Hafnar called out mockingly, 'That's life, you know - if a fellow has a crush on an egghead, he turns into an egghead himself... Okay, okay, mate, don't blush,' he added, giving Savos a friendly pat on the back, 'Let's hear all about this nightmare of yours, then'.
'Well, it's kind of like this,' Savos began falteringly, 'I dreamt that all of us had finished the College and become sorcerers...'
'Doesn't sound like a nightmare to me,' Elvali remarked, looking up from her bubbling, gurgling and smoking alchemy reaction.
Savos forced a small, crooked smile, 'There was much more to it than that. In my dream, we went on an expedition to the Labyrinthian... And there were things in there... Horrible things... All kinds of undead, and...' he shuddered, 'A skeletal dragon!'.
'Skeletal dragon? Pretty nifty! Wish I had dreams like that!' said Girduin, setting aside his soul gems and preparing, arms crossed leisurely on his chest, to listen to the continuation of Savos's story.
'And as we went on and on, deeper and deeper into the ruin, some of you guys got killed...'
Takes-In-Light snorted, 'Goes to show your real attitude towards us'.
'No, no, you don't understand!' Savos protested, 'It was... It was torture for me to see you go, but... but I felt I just had to press on, because there was no going back! And then... when there were only three of us left - Atmah, Hafnar and me - we reached the final chamber, and there we awoke the most terrifying undead creature of all! It was immensely powerful, and we couldn't overcome it, and...' he covered his face with his hands, choking on tears, 'I dreamt that I... that I turned on you, Hafnar, and on Atmah... and I used your souls to bind the monster in place, because I saw no other way of stopping it... And...' his voice was now no more than a whisper, and the others, including Atmah, much as she pretended to be absorbed in her revision, had to strain their hearing to make out his next words, 'I... I abandoned you there... and I fled... back to the College...'
There followed a tense, brooding silence, broken at length by Atmah saying, in an extremely exasperated tone, 'Oh please, Savos! Don't you realize how immature it is to have a breakdown over some silly nightmare when there are so many other things you need to worry about? Like exams!'.
'The teacher's pet does have a point, old man,' Hafnar winked encouragingly, 'Don't be such a wimp. It was all a dream, after all. We are all here, together, alive and well, and my soul is just as firmly attached to my insides as ever... Not sure about Atmah's soul, though - she might have lost it in the ocean of homework'.
This time Savos's attempt at smiling was more successful.
'That's the spirit!' Hafnar exclaimed, throwing his arm around his best friend's shoulders, 'Remember: it was all a dream. Just a dream! Now, everybody, come over here - let's give Savos a great big group hug!'
Exchanging looks that were warm with hidden laughter, Takes-In-Light and Girduin were the first to join Hafnar in the living circle that closed in round the sheepishly grinning Savos; then Elvali came up, dragging the seemingly reluctant Atmah behind her by the hand. For a few moments there was nothing but arms intertwining, and faces pressing against one another, and hearts beating at each other's side. All of a sudden, Savos felt strangely warm and elated, ecstatic almost, hanging on greedily to this precious moment when all six of them were one.
'I love you guys,' he whispered into an ear which he could not identify. Somewhere behind his back, someone's voice murmured, soft and reassuring, 'It was all a dream... All a dream...'
Of course it had been a dream! There had never been any expedition to the Labyrinthian, there had never been any monster, any sacrifice... And there never would be! This was the reality - him and his friends together, and it would never change, never! And to think that for a moment, he feared... Savos laughed at his own stupidity - but somehow, it hurt him to laugh, as if his ribs were dislocated and pierced through his flesh with each breath taken. He wondered if Hafnar, with his Nordic strength and warm-heartedness, had squeezed him in his embrace a bit too tight - but Hafnar was gone, and so was everyone else. He was all alone, lying awkwardly in the College courtyard, his body warped by burning pain, and snow was falling noiselessly round him in large soft flakes, which melted in the white wisps of his hoarse, gasping breath and in the billowing steam that rose from the scorchingly hot pool of his blood. The truth flooding his dying mind like a tidal wave, he moved his eyes, blinded by tears, towards the indifferently grey sky, and gazed unblinkingly at the falling snow, till finally his face stiffened into a twisted mask - the mask of horror at wakening to reality.

Before Morokei came along
Six friends from the College of Winterhold are goofing about in the light of the Aurora, enjoying the beauty of the night, and filled to bursting point with the energy of youth and the kind of happiness that warms us when we know that friends are near. Little do they know...
Going from left to right: Girduin, Elvali, Atmah, Hafnar, Savos, Takes-In-Light.
Hidden:

But why bounce around to the same damn song?
You'd rather run when you can't crawl...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:31 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Ah, the thread is back. Hold on a moment... I've got a long list here.

RIP the entire guard population of both Markarth and Solitude.
Three Dragons attacked each town, though the situation in Markarth was somewhat worse. They had to deal with three Dragons and a Vampire attack.

RIP Mulush gro-Shugurz.
Something tells me you won't be missed.

RIP Omluag.
I don't know if it was the Dragons or the Vampires that got you.

RIP Hathrasil.
I guess casually walking through those flames wasn't such a good idea.

RIP Captain Aldis.
I saw you lying dead in the middle of a pile of your guards. Around 10 of them. You guys just weren't tough enough to deal with that Aspect of Alduin and his two Revered buddies.

RIP Jawanan.
You see just how useful arrows are against Dragons? They just bounce off their scales...

RIP Sabjorn.
Since when did you get out of prison? Ah, no matter. That Vampire killed you. You won't be causing any problems for Maven anymore.

RIP Bergritte Battle-Born.
Hooray Vampires. This one was vicious.

RIP Severio Pelagia.
Always killed during the Battle for Whiterun. Too bad I never sold you any cabbages, otherwise I would have received some gold.

RIP Adrianne Avenicci.
Well, I guess I won't be shopping in Whiterun anymore.

RIP Ulfberth War-Bear.
Nope. No shopping for me.

Dark Brotherhood:
Spoiler:
RIP Grelod the Kind.
Aventus was pleased with your death. So much so that he even returned to the Orphanage. For the first time. Ever. Which surprised me.

RIP Vasha.
No hard feelings... Creep.

RIP Narfi.
RIP Beitild.
RIP Ennodius Papius.

RIP Alain Dufont.
Thanks for the hammer.

RIP Nilsine Shatter-Shield.
It's your family's fault.

RIP Hern.
RIP Lurbuk.

RIP Vittoria Vici.
Everything went according to plan...

RIP Asgeir Snow-Shod.
Vulom figured she might as well finish the job.

RIP Nura Snow-Shod.
Alright, maybe Vulom was going a little too far...

RIP Vulwulf Snow-Shod.
What was that about going too far? Foolish Stormcloaks.

RIP Gaius Maro.
It was just business. It always is.

RIP Anton Virane.
We couldn't have any loose ends, now could we?

RIP Balagog gro-Nolob.
An Orc who can cook? How unusual.

RIP Festus Krex.
RIP Veezara.
RIP Arnbjorn.
RIP Gabriella.

RIP Astrid.
In the end, you got what you deserved. Traitor.

RIP Commander Maro.
Yes, I'm still alive. That shouldn't surprise you.

RIP Emperor Titus Mede II.
Vulom heard your request...

RIP Amaund Motierre.
Shot in the eye by accident. My mouse messed up.

RIP Rexus.
Just had to finish things up.

RIP Deekus.
RIP Ma'randru-jo.
RIP Anoriath.
RIP Agnis.
RIP Maluril.
RIP Helvard.
RIP Safia.

... I think that was all of them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:17 am 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
UESPoints: 14
Try as I might, no innocent npc has fallen when fate can be steered. But some I could never save.. curse the scripts
This list only includes those I wished to save and those who deserved their fate
Hidden:
~ RIP Plautis Carvain and your wife- I wished I could save you, but I know not where you fell..
~RIP Septimus Signus- you where far to entertaining but too blind to see a trap..
~RIP Brother Verulus- I still can't get that taste out of my mouth.. Sorry for killing you.. >_>
~RIP Erandur- Not even you can undo deeds of the past, but know your sacrifice saved many
~RIP Sinding- How could one pass up 2 artifacts? But now you may rest and enjoy the life in your new pack
~RIP every vampire I slaughtered in the Castle Volkihar. I wished you may of changed your ways and be at peace. Now you lay as reminders to others
~RIP Riekling Chief- though you were funny and small, your actions were wrongful and selfish. May your kin beware of my comrades.
~RIP Ildari- you betrayed many and in turn you were the one left with a broken heart
~RIP General Falx Carius- I saved you once but you may not remember, may I let you rest and be at peace

And most of all..
Hidden:
~RIP Storn Crag-Strider- you alone remain my greatest regret and I am sorry for what I brought onto you. I am greatly in dept to you..
~RIP Katria- May your spirit be at peace and revenge calm you. I have left you some dignity and now you lay as ash where a proper grave is fitting. Thank you for your help
~RIP everyone at the Hall of the Vigilant- I wished I could save you all but I have taken revenge on those who took action. Rest with your friend Tolan and know you are not forgotten
~RIP the Dark Brotherhood- Not even murderers deserved such a fate.. especially Festus Krex.. May Sithis bring you mercy and my victims follow
~RIP Kodlak Whitemane- I gave you paradise like you sought and even visited you, that I did. May you enjoy your freedom friend
~RIP Savos Aren- May you go without guilt and spend the afterlife with your friends. Know that the college is in good hands now..
~RIP the Emperor- just as the High King.. tales will tell of a shout that killed you. May your soul guide my dagger to your last wish..

Then lastly..
Hidden:
~RIP Miraak- You had much to teach and you proved an excellent warrior. I wished that maybe in another time we can be brothers at hand..

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:28 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC, Xbox 360
RIP my cow during a giant attack...we never did find the body...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:44 pm 
Champion
Champion

RIP deck crew of the Dainty Sload. I had nothing against you, but getting caught between Sylvaine & Cosnach and a dragon was tough luck.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:20 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim, Morrowind
Platform: pc, xbox 360
Other Profiles: Xbox Live: Tucman111 Steam: Tucman111
Vampires attacked whiterun and Adrianne Avenicci was disintigrated by one of thier spells... damn you dwanguard and your innocent-killing random vampire attack!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:45 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, PS4/3, Xbone
RIP, Faendal, loyal follower.
Taken from this savegame too soon when we were ambushed by a dragon and a wispmother at the same time.
I emerged victorius; he didn't.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:22 pm 
Champion
Champion

RIP Talvas Fathryon, badass mage and a great companion during the short while we travelled together. I hope that you, a Dunmer, understood and considered it an honour to be sacrificed to Boethiah. I wish we could have gone on adventuring together and become friends, but it was not to be. Sure, I could have taken the easy way, picking Lydia or a mercenary in your stead; but what kind of sacrifice would that have been? Boethiah didn't say "kill somebody who is oathbound to obey you" or "kill somebody you paid to follow you", but "gain somebody's trust"... It had to hurt.

(Besides, life would have got far too easy for Sylvaine with both you and Cosnach, even on Legendary.)

_______________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT:
What, no posts since my last? I guess everybody in Skyrim has been killed by everybody else so many times over that it's hardly worth mentioning anymore...

Anyway, there's some strange synchronicity going on with me, bandits and dragons lately:
RIP bandits in that nook under Whiterun's western walls (yay, alliteration!), and RIP Storm Dragon who spared me the trouble of killing you.
RIP bandits outside Knifepoint Mine. I wasn't sure whether getting you killed by an assaulting Elder Dragon would count as stealth by Boethiah's book, but s/he seemed content; well, none of you ever saw me, so I guess I did well enough. Also RIP Elder Dragon, and thanks for your help.
(Now I'm curious whether these lucky coincidences will turn into a series. )

Finally, RIP (former) Champion of Boethiah. Please understand that I didn't kill you for the mail (I don't even wear such stuff; I tried it on and it looked cool, but it wasn't me) - I did what I did for Boethiah. As for the mail, I put it into your chest to be found some day by a warrior who can make better use of it than you or me.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:12 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Daggerfall, Redguard, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Other Profiles: Tempestatem (Xbox Live)
I shall conduct a bit of thread necromancy here-

*Johnny casts Raise Zombie*

RIP Shadr. I know you wanted to open your own stable one day, but that dragon had other plans.

RIP Alvor. You were a great trading partner, friend, and father, and the first named NPC Cerum saw killed by a random dragon. Alduin shall find that your death was an expensive mistake to make.

And, saddest of all, from an old file (written in character because why not)-

Lydia-

I'm so sorry. I tried, I really did. Tried to return the countless favors, repay the many times you saved my life. If I'd just been faster, or stronger, or...

No, no more of that. The "if" doesn't help anyone- that way lies madness. That dragon took you in a flash, but I swear to the Nine I made it pay, by fire and steel and atronach.

Your sword and shield hang above my bed now, and if the Divines grant Ysolda and I children, they'll hang over their crib. I can't think of a better protector for them to have.

Godspeed, Lydia of Whiterun, wherever you now roam.

-Alix Caria

JohnnyScotland

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:07 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

RIP Oengul War-Anvil.
Calling Vulom a milk-drinker was a very bad idea. Very bad. "Instant death" sort of bad... Via sword through chest.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:08 pm 
Champion
Champion

This thread does indeed deserve to be zombified, if not actually dead-thralled.

RIP Raynes, one-eyed leather-armoured Dunmer met in Lost Echo Cave. I'm sure you would have proved a truly Interesting NPC had you lived, and I'm sorry we never had the time for me to listen to the story of how you lost your right eye. If only you and Serana would have been willing to forgive each other's friendly fire... although considering your burning hatred for bandits and Comes-Up-Last's former career as a highwayman it's probably all for the best.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:12 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Skyrim: DG, HF, DB
RIP Skulvar Sable-Hilt: You didn't deserve to be killed by Death Hounds, and within days of being saved from Shimmermist Cave.

Edit

RIP Adrianne Avenicci, Idolaf Battle-Born, and Belethor: Daira's first werewolf transformation was a little crazy, and the simultaneous vampire attack didn't help.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:15 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

RIP Belethor, Nazeem, Carlotta Valentia, Ulfberth War-Bear, and probably a few more people I'm forgetting about.

Vampires decided to attack Whiterun. My poor level 8 Bosmer could only cower behind a house and watch as Whiterun was decimated.
Going to have to go somewhere else to sell her stuff now.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:10 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
RIP Plautis and Salonia Carvain, shot by Myrle Arano, because she ran into them about three seconds after Lucien's ghost suggested murdering random strangers, and it was just too good to miss. ;)

Rule #137: Always waste time when you don't have any.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:25 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
RIP Balimund and Shadr, victims of vampires. It's funny, I've mostly managed to avoid vampire attacks, but both of the ones that resulted in deaths have been in Riften.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:43 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

RIP Balbus.
If I don't kill you myself, you always show up dead on the side of the road. This time, I found you dead on the side of the road. Not too far from White River Watch, actually. Thanks for the nice Alchemy ingredients.

Also, she's not a Skryrim NPC, but...
RIP Vulom Staadnau III.
Corrupted saves can be a real [&@%!] sometimes. Enough was enough. It had to end at some point, and this was it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:11 pm 
Champion
Champion

Mauin wrote:
RIP Vulom Staadnau III.

Vulom is dead, long live Vulom!

RIP Balimund (once again). While I was fighting that Blackwing dragon outside the Riften gates a Vampire Master killed you, raised you and left you as an ash pile right in front of Honeyside's doorstep. I take that as a personal affront; and as they seem to know where I live it was high time indeed to move my family out of this town.

Also RIP Ahkari, Kharjo and Zaynabi who suffered a similar fate the next day, except this time Serana had a hand in it as well. By the Hist, that woman is the very epitome of a loose cannon and as unforgiving of friendly fire as a mammoth with a toothache! Comes-Up-Last feels for her, he really does, and he's grateful for her help, but he'll light thanksgiving candles to every divinity he can think of when all this vampire business is over and he can finally be rid of her.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:23 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
RIP herd of goats. You fought valiantly, but were no match for the Frost Dragon that appeared outside Windhelm.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:38 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrwind and Oblivion.
Platform: 360.
R.I.P. the following:

#1- Citizens of Whiterun and Riverwood.
-- I'm sorry. My werewolf transformation ignited my thirst for blood and when it started...I'm so, so sorry. At least there are some essential characters in Riverwood and Whiterun to look after the kids.

#2- Lydia and Bard
-- I lost patience and shot a spell. It hit you, and you attacked. I had no choice, especially when Bard intervened.

#3- Marcurio
-- You were a victim of my wrath, only this time as a vampire.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 962 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 39  Next