UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 12:24 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Skyrim: Dead is Dead Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:00 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Skyim, Oblivion, Morrowind, Arena
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
UESPoints: 0
Fillimani's travels brought him to Riverwood, where he met Faendal. Faendal's death was quick, though everyone took notice, so Fillimani had to flee into the wilderness. There, he came across a small home owned by the mage Anise. After some investigation, Anise attacked Fillimani, resulting in her death. Fillimani rested at the cottage and then continued throughout the forest.

I've had 3 close encounters, all involving spriggans. Currently level 4.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:12 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
John117 wrote:
Fillimani's travels brought him to Riverwood, where he met Faendal. Faendal's death was quick

XD

Also I have now started my second Char, a Dark Elf by the name of Llondryn. He is a hunter type, favors the bow, light armor and alchemy. After escaping Helgen he headed towards Falkreath, but was attacked by 3 bandits along the way and one was a bandit thug. After downing all 5 restore health potions and using 3 frostbite spider venom's, and with the help of a passing sellsword (who was killed by the bandit thug) he eventually took down the bandits. This was a very close call but Llondryn lives to see tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:07 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3
I made a mage.

Hulinluel, a 24 year old Altmer maiden, was disillusioned with her life in the Summerset isle, and travelled toward Skyrim in search of adventure and to persue her love of Magic and Alchemy - in particular, the art of making GOLD from common iron.

After escaping Helgen with Ralof (who had generously allowed Hulinluel to practice her flames spell on him to get Destruction up a few levels), and swearing oaths of revenge against the Imperials to all the Divines, Hulinluel made a stop at Embershard mine to see if she could find some iron ore to turn to gold ( assuming that she would certainly find the means to change it. :mrgreen: )

After her trip through the mine she caught up with Ralof in Riverwood and spent the next few days chopping wood for Hod to get some coins back in her pockets since the Imperials took her stash upon capturing her.
Just before heading to Whiterun hold with the message from Gerdur she happened upon an argument in the local traders' shop and was asked to retrieve a golden claw for the owner from Bleak Falls Barrow. So she enlisted the help of her new friend Faendal and headed off to the Barrow, where on the way they had to dispatch a number of bandits - an easy task for one so skilled in the arcane arts, thanks Ralof!! - before finding the entrance at the top of many stairs.
There trip through the tomb was fraught with danger, and the place was swarming with Dragur, but eventually they found the claw on an irksome little s'wit and made it to a strange wall that emitted a strange aura aimed at Hulinluel, who then learned a Word of Power, and was puzzled by what this occurence meant.

The claw delivered, Hulinluel said farewell to Faendal and made her way to Whiterun to deliver the message and ask around to try and find out the meaning of this mysterious word of power.

Tune in next time for more from our intrepid heroine !!

EDIT: Forgot to pause before going to w/c and got stomped out by a giant :( oh well. No need to add it to top list, I will reroll (prob Bretton this time as i think they look better) and see how that goes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:25 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion,Skyrim
Brozug gro-Urgok is an orc born in Cyrodiil in 4th era 172. His parents were bandits that made a fortune during the great war.He has basic knowledge of mlee combat,ranged combat and lockpicking.His mother died in raid against a thalmor caravan.During his teens he was involved in the skooma trafficking business.He was lucky enough to be making a skooma delivery in Anvil during the skooma war in Bravil.Unfortunately his father Urgok wasn't.He spent the rest of his years as a hired arm in Cyrodiil.During that time he learned that the killer of his father was a Dark Brotherhood assasin.Since then, Brozug hates high elfs and the dark brotherhood.At the age of 29, Brozug decided that he wanted to try living following the old ways and that is why he was crossing the border, trying to reach the orc strongholds in Skyrim.

By the way i'm going to try this in master difficulty.May Malacath help me.

At the entrance a Fish Speaker stooped and whispered to another: <<God is upset?>>
Her companion replied: <<The sins of the world is likely to disturb even a god.>>
Leto listened them and wept silently.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:37 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC, PS3
Yesterday was a big day for Kar'za. He left Riverwood for the first time, and got some questing done. He killed his first dragon, almost got killed by an unfair double team of Sabre Cats, did a few quests for the companions, almost got killed by some trolls, made his way up The 7,000 Steps, and met the Greybeards.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:50 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: All of 'Em
Platform: PS4, PC
Other Profiles: PSN: Unionhack, Steam: Unionhack
UESPoints: 13
Ra'zhar and Kharjo are currently undergoing the hardest challenge of their short careers, at only level 7.

Thinking a nearby lighthouse to be a great place to nab a few trinkets, they stealthily entered the house only to find a dead woman, brutally murdered. They decided to investigate and, naturally, found themselves in a very bad situation; the bottom of the lighthouse was infested with Falmer, and more dangerously, hordes of chaurus.

They nearly met their death several times, especially when fighting the Chaurus reaper at the bottom of the caves, but the reaper eventually fell dead and both brothers survived, albeit barely. They have both sworn never to go into a lighthouse again.

(Try fighting a Chaurus Reaper at Level 7. ._.)

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:00 pm 
Warder
Warder

Update on Llondryn. He was travelling from Whiterun to Morthal when he stumbled upon Drelas' Cottage, where we came face to face with Drelas who immediately started throwing fireballs around the place. It was obvious the Drelas was the stronger so Llondryn flee from the cottage being chased by not only Drelas and his fireballs but also a hungry sabre cat. Lucky he managed to outrun both but his luck must be running thin.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:51 pm 
Champion
Champion

Ra'Zhar and Kharjo's journey for wealth took them to Riverwood for a quick stop at the inn for rest and drink. However, upon arriving there, they discovered that there was a 2000 gold bounty on both of their heads, for an unknown reason. They knew how Khajiit were tolerated in Skyrim for crimes; usually death for petty things. 2000 gold on their heads meant a sure death in prison, so they resisted arrest.

The riverwood guard immediately attacked, followed by the rest of the town. Kharjo weakened the guards before being forced to retreat, while Ra'Zhar defended against and killed the few town guards.

The rest of the town eventually joined in the brawl, and Ra'Zhar was forced to stand his ground until his brother could get back on his feet so that they could retreat. Eventually Alvor, Sigrid, Gerdur, and Camilla Valerius fell dead, and the two brothers escaped the vicinity of the town, avoiding all Whiterun guards.

After a day of treating their wounds, the brothers continued to Bleak Falls Barrow, led there by rumored secrets of treasure and power. They still don't have enough money for a reasonable home, but they're getting close. One thing's for sure, though; for now, it won't be in Whiterun.

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:03 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind (and expansions), Oblivion (and expansions), Skyrim
Platform: PC, always.
My friend and I are both playing D.I.D. I haven't died yet but my friend did when he was playing on my computer. This is his gravestone:

Opeidon
Level 7 Wood Elf
Inventory: 2 steel swords, 1 imperial bow, 1 steel shield, several ingots, approx. 300 gold
Opeidon died while approaching a group of bandits in a fort. He used his bow to shoot one bandit down who was standing watch, and then crept inside the walls. He was met with no less than four bandits. He killed two but the third one was particularly strong and the fourth was an orc chief with a heavy axe. Opeidon died fighting with fury as the orc smashed in his face. Opeidon fell to the wooden ground, dead before he hit it. The bandits carried his body out and threw him into the river, where his carcass would be torn apart by slaughterfishes before the day was over.

There you go! Sorry that I coudn't remember the fort.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:04 am 
Champion
Champion

Way too many lines, bro. Shorten the entire gravestone to 7 lines or less. T'is the rule.

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:55 am 
Warder
Warder

Fillimani's travels brought him to the Reach, an area full fo the dangerous bandits known as the Forsworn. Fillimani took the time and care to try and assassinate each one, but to little avail. When Fillimani was near death he felt a sudden upheaval of energy (level up), which brought him from the brink of death to the top of the charts. Fillimani is on his way to Markarth at level 5.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:00 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, Arena
17th of last seed.

Sean arrived in Riverwood a few hours later than expected but he did get some good stuff along the way, he quickly got a place to stay form the man he helped escape and quickly started going to work chopping some wood. He got some new cloths, bed to sleep in, and a good sword form the smith. Sean did not plan on staying to long of course, after all that would be bad, he was not sure how but he knew he could not make a name for himself in a small town such as this.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:25 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360
Wow, reading all these have inspired me to make a new character tonight and give this a go. I will let you know how it goes shortly :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:34 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, Skyrim
Platform: Pc, 360
I made an account just to participate in this. I will be playing a dunmer Mage who believes he is the last surviving member of the once great house Telvanni after he and his brother were trapped in their ancestral tomb by a member of the Dark Brotherhood, he doesn't recall what happened in thier but he was the only one to walk out alive. He was a child when this happened and has tried to find peace in worshiping the 3 good Daedra and helping his fellow dunmer on their time of need. Thirteen years on and he heard a rumor by a Nordic Necromancer he had been training under that their was a woman training at the College of Winterhold whom he believed was a descendant of a Telvani Mage. After hearing this he immediately setout in need of having a family. He was caught by imperials as he crossed the boarder.
The only thing of note he had on him was a map of Skyrim his mentor gave him with some locations of interest marked on it. I'll letyou guys know how it goes tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:35 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion,Skyrim
After succesfully escaping Helgen,Brozug travelled to riverwood,battling with some bandits and some wolves along the way.There he practiced his smithing skills.However as he was a bandit at heart, he stole some items he needed from the village.That didn't enrage the villagers,however, him killing a chicken did.He ran away from riverwood, went up to the mountains and killed some bandits in an old tower and then started travelling to whiterun.While he was travelling there, he noticed a bunch of warriors battling a giant.After they killed him, Brozug wanted to loot the giant,but a guard approached him and asked him to follow him.Brozug ignored the guard,looted the giant and then the guard struck him from behind,splitting his skull.

R.I.P Brozug gro-Urgok.
Killed by a whiterun guard,while trying to loot a dead giant.

At the entrance a Fish Speaker stooped and whispered to another: <<God is upset?>>
Her companion replied: <<The sins of the world is likely to disturb even a god.>>
Leto listened them and wept silently.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:16 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
Platform: Xbox 360
Well, only joined the forum here so I could join in on this, and lasted a whole two days lol.

R.I.P. Kaelin, Dunmer Mage. Died 23rd of Last Seed
Level 8
Killed in Movarth's Lair by Movarth when attempting to kill the vampire. Tried to run away when he got low on health, and got a blade to the skull.

Might give it another go now...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:52 am 
Champion
Champion

Ra'Zhar is now level 9, rapidly approaching level 10.

In the past few days, Ra'Zhar and Kharjo were reprimanded near Whiterun and were forced into the Jarl's service to repay their debt to the hold. They were assigned to recover the Dragonstone from Bleak Falls Barrow, which they had failed to claim earlier due to a lack of health potions when they made it halfway through, and were also sent to help kill a dragon attacking the Western Watchtower. Here, Ra'Zhar discovered that he was Dragonborn, though Kharjo showed no signs of such a gift.

Curious about his new talent, he and Kharjo began adventuring to Ivarstead, encountering two dragons along the way. Both fell after nearly killing them, but the two brothers survived through all trials and ascended to High Hrothgar. Now Ra'Zhar and Kharjo venture to recover the horn of Jurgen Windcaller as a test from the Greybeards to prove his mastery of his Thu'um.

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:07 am 
Warder
Warder

Man that graveyard is starting to get an epic feel to it! But I think it would be better to have a double lines width between each grave like the first 2, and also would be cool to have all the dates on the gravestones in a similar format like the first one that had the opening date to the day of death eg. 17th of Last Seed 4E201 - 19th of Last Seed 4E201, Just a thought but loving this thread at the moment It rally changes the way you play the game!

Update for Llondryn, he is now around level 8, and finds himself in the service of his new family, the dark brotherhood.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:13 am 
Warder
Warder

When Fillimani entered the stone city of Markarth, he witnessed a man sneaking up on a woman. Fillimani swung his battleaxe into the man's skull, inducing a word of gratitude from the woman. A man approached and handed Fillimani a note, which brought him to an investigation on the attempted murder. After talking to some people, it was revealed that the Forsworn were behind this. FIllimani was arrested for "snooping around" and was brought to the mines. After some work, Fillimani met Madanach, the king of the Forsworn. They agreed to help each other out, and with that came the escape from the mine and the slaughter of some guards. Fillimani is level 6.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:53 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, Skyrim
Platform: Pc, 360
My dunmer Mage Mathiel passed the tutorial and made his way to riverwood with hadvar. After helping his uncle out at the forge to repay him for his hospitality Mathiel and his new wood woven friend agreed to help the local merchant reclaim some stolen property in order to afford some new spell books. Once the dragon claw was recovered we got out of the place with our lives. After claiming our reward we parted ways. Onward to Whiterun at LvL 4.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:20 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion & Skyrim
Other Profiles: Minecraft: Username_Invalid
Question, do we have to post things the character has done? I don't mind doing it, it's just... tedious to have to swap windows to keep track of my encounter the same way people have been in here. =/

I'll get in on this anyway though.

Quote:
Name: Kenny
Race: Wood Elf
Stone: Steed
Skills: Archery
Loadout: (Unarmoured) Clothes, 1 hunters bow + iron->steel arrows & health potions
Levelling: Stamina only (100% of levels).
Backstory: As a relatively young addition to Skyrim, Kenny makes his living off selling pelts in exchange for food.
He resides In the Whiterun/Riverwood area as well as nearby grassland areas.
Difficulty: Adept

Considering I don't plan to do a lot of ruin exploration with this guy, I'd say he'd last a while. I'll lay a bet on a Bear or Sabre Cat killing him though, either that or random world encounters with vampires. I say that because he will only ever have 100 health and the basic gear mentioned above. :lol:

-------------------------------------

Bahahahahaha, I guess this is what I get for playing Adept. Didn't even get to use a health potion. :lol: :lol:

R.I.P Kenny
Died 18th last seed, 4E 201
Executed by a Bandit Chief at Valtiem Towers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:01 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion GOTY, Morrowind GOTY, Redguard, Daggerfall, Arena
Sten the Ugly II - Died 23rd of Last Seed, 4E201

Nord warrior, impaled by a spike trap in Bleak Falls Barrow while chasing Arvel the Swift. Arvel triggered the trap which sent both of them to the afterlife.

Level: 6

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:06 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360
At first I thought this sounded bad only because I've never tried it. After reading through the thread I was so into it I decided to try it out. Came up with a full background and everything! I just hope he makes it a while lol.

Name - Vul-Ol-Alun Vulan 'Meaning "Dark as Ever Night" in dragon tounge'
Race - Dunmer
Age - 28
Sex - Male
Family - Father, Heyv-Fah-Ul Vulan "Duty for Eternal Night" (location unknown)
Mother, Terina Vulan (Deceased)
Brother, Athis Vulan (location unknown to character)

History - Vulolalun descends from a very secretive family. he was born and raised in Morrowind with his older brother Athis. His mother died during childberth. His father worked for the Imperial legion during the Great War in an elite unit mainly tasked with assassination of key Thalmor targets. He was raised mainly by his brother due to his fathers work keeping him away. Since age 12 Vulolalun was taught that he is to use everything as a weapon and that shadow was his only comfort. Due to his familys loyalty he grew up hating the Thalmor and his Altmeri cousins. Proficient not only with bows and daggers but also with words. Since he spent a lot of time around Imperials and Imperial trainers he has learned how to talk to almost anyone. After the Great War his father left to plan some way to overthrow the Aldmeri Dominion and his brother left for Skyrim to use his skills and join the Companions. Feeling abondoned, even though his brother offered him to join in on his travels, he decided to go to southwestern Morrowind to build his talents and maybe one day join his father in fighting the Thalmor.

Now if only you could create siblings or family, besides marriage, in Skyrim I would be set.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:02 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: XBox 360
Thought I would do a quick, minor update

character summmery:

Name: Garoldy Ander
Race: Wood Elf
Primary Skills: Archery, Sneak, Smithing, Alchemy
All level up skill increases to stamina

Being a stealty character, its not surprising I have hit level 8. I expect to go much farther. I did have a couple brushes with death:

Falling. My character spends about 90% of his time in the wilderness, and I almost fell of cliffs a few times. Need to choose my routs more carefully.

I came across some shady characters dressed in Imperial gear one evening in the wilderness. They demanded 100 gold. I reluctantly gave them the gold (It was hard, but "DID", eh?). As I watched them walk off with my gold, I gave in and launched some arrows at them, downing one. The Orc leader got me with his axe, nearly killed me in one shot, but thanks to my high stamina I got away. After gaining my health back, I snuck back out and tracked them down, killing them and taking my gold.

So far its alot of fun. I'm using the alchemists shack as my home, and mostly hunting, catching river bettys, and looking for other poison ingredients. I'll probably put some perks into light armor to give him a better shot at survival. It will be a huge bummer with the little guy bites the dust. When that does happen, I think I'll try again with a different race/class and see how I do

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:45 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion & Skyrim
Other Profiles: Minecraft: Username_Invalid
(bump, think It was missed.)

Dan-Ru wrote:
Bahahahahaha, I guess this is what I get for playing Adept. Didn't even get to use a health potion. :lol: :lol:

R.I.P Kenny
Died 18th last seed, 4E 201
Executed by a Bandit Chief at Valtiem Towers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next