UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 2:41 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Skyrim: Dead is Dead Thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:19 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
^
I'm sorry. Still laughing :lol:

I guess the intro of the game really makes that type of playing nearly impossible (with master difficulty at least). I think at this case you should be allowed to somewhat "cheat", just to get past the mandatory stuff. Kind of a shame how the game pretty much forces you to use violence.

Some other news: I upped the difficulty for my, now level 16, DiD character to Adept. Though my mod might completely troll her, I just wanted some more excitement to the challenge.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:33 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, all DLC, Oblivion, GoTY and aniversary, arena
Platform: X360/PC, X360/PC, PC.
UESPoints: 2
I suppose it's bad form to try her again?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:53 am 
Master
Master

I think you should try her again and at least turn the difficulty down until you get out of Helgen, I love the idea of what you're doing.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:16 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
UESPoints: 1
Forgot to mention that I'm doing Yrana Blade-Dancer as Dead is Dead.
I did use Scroll of Perfection to instantly jump to Level 81 (I really can't be bothered with leveling anymore...), but other than that? I've made her purposely underpowered. She's actually weaker than my first Skyrim character.

I've got Yrana wearing the Blood Witch Armor (stats equivalent to Glass, I think?), with a Royal Vampire Hood (also known as Serana's Hood) and a Crimson Hide Cloak. She wields a Daedric Katana, and has Grand Healing equipped in the left hand. Playing on Master, though I'm not sure what Stone to pick. So for now, she's still got the Warrior Stone. I was thinking either the Lady Stone or the Atronach Stone.

Anyway, I haven't gotten very far along with her. Maybe played for two hours, if that. I've only had time to do Dragon Rising and pay a visit to all the Dragon Lairs.

Things got a bit dicey at Arcwind Point with the two Draugr Deathlord Archers. I forgot how powerful they are with "weaker" characters. It just about ended there, but fortunately, I was quick enough to gulp a few healing potions. Need to craft myself from better ones 'cause when dealing with Deathlords... Potions that restore 90 points of health just ain't enough.

As for what questlines I'm going to do... Probably do all of them, assuming Yrana lasts long enough.
I was going to do my traditional dungeon diving, then do the Companions, followed by Dawnguard, the Civil War, and the Main Quest. College of Winterhold, Dark Brotherhood, and Thieves Guild last if Yrana survives the Main Quest.

Judging by how much damage those two Deathlord Archers did at Arcwind Point... I not-so-humbly predict that the Deathlords that guard the entrance to Skuldafn will be the death of Yrana.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:56 pm 
Warder
Warder

RIP Tanya II
Breton assassin
Level 16
Place of death: Arkngthamz
She bested Falmer Shadowmasters. She survived past Chaurus Reapers. What got her was the most basic and idiotic mistake. She miscalculated the water depth and jumped to her death. FFFFFUUUU-!

*EDIT*

RIP Sheva
Khajiit thief/assassin
Level 7
Place of death: just outside Morthal
Ambused by Thugs hired by Arcadia whose alchemy shop she had robbed blind earlier. At first opted to run away and actually managed to lose one of them but then got cocky and turned around to fight the two remaining ones. Managed to kill one, then got Orcish Warhammer to the face.
And so there her body lies on the snowy road, next to a random Frostbite Spider (who she tried to coax to attack the thug):
Spoiler:

So, time for a new character AGAIN. Heck I'm just going to roll through all the races. So far I have done Redguard, Breton, Khajiit and now this:

Smells-Like-Fish
Argonian thief/archer
He's a total scaredy-cat which is actually a very healthy attitude in this challenge. He's all for sneak attacks and as soon as the enemy notices him, he turns tail and runs (unless it's skeever or something equally as weak). Hopefully it will prevent him from getting too cocky.
Spoiler:
"Maaan, these guys are so boring."

Last edited by CreeperX on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:49 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I definitely deleted Yrana Blade-Dancer.
It was on purpose, though. I was bored. Really bored.

So after spending some time messing around with character creation, I've decided to create a Dunmer character.
Her name is Nerani Vyr, and I'm planning on her being a Vampire. The last time I tried this, I forgot about that cursed weakness to fire and got killed by a Dwarven Centurion Guardian at Level 15 or so. That was with the Dawnguard 50% weakness to fire. This time, I've modded the weaknesses and resistances of Vampirism back to what they were before Dawnguard... So I'll have a lovely 100% weakness to fire at Stage Four to contend with.

Anyways, this is going to be a spellsword type of build. Nerani is going to wield a Longsword, and a restoration spell.
She'll have a bow for ranged attacks. I'm only planning on doing the Dawnguard questline.
If she survives that... I'll think of something. Maybe the Main Quest and the Civil War.

Nerani Vyr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:56 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: All of them
Platform: Xbox One
Other Profiles: R4VID
DiD for Dragonborn DLC - (makes the DLC last longer and keeps the experiences fresh)

Dunmer-
Tedrak Venim (The Drake Venom)[My names always say something]

A particularly skilled member from the Great House Redoran, Tedrak was born under the serpent stone. Like his guardian he too was destined to wander. Like most warriors in House Redoran, Tedrak is trained to be a Heavy-Armored Vanguard with both spear and sword. Unlike most of the warriors of the House, Tedrak is unusually skilled with conjuration and alteration magika. Previously his life-style revolved around glory hunts tracking down and destroying raiders with a group of servents. By profession, this noble used to see himself well accounted for. However, conspiracy rose when he was caught bedding a fetching Hlaalu woman. He was banished to Cyrodiil to "go spend time with the empire lovers". Following rumor that she may be moved to Solstiem, Tedrak is following her, when he gets captured by the Imperial Legion.

Difficulty - Expert, HUDless, Kinect favorites (no pausing for potions, scrolls, spells...etc)

Major Skills- Conjuration, 1H, Spear/2H, HA
Minor Skills- Alteration, Smithing, Block, Bow
Supplemental Skills- Sneak, Speech

Character Quirks-
Hates the Empire, hates the Stormcloaks...
Hates Necromancy, witches, vampires and other "dark arts"
Loves reveling in glory with followers (Cosnach is the only one who will celebrate after a victorious dungeon dive)
Thinks crowns are girly/ doesnt wear a helmet.

That which defines you will prove to be your undoing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:19 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

*sigh*

RIP Nerani Vyr.
Killed by a freakin' Master Vampire at Level 9. Curse you, Dawnguard. Curse you.

I'll just start over. Same appearance, same name.
Nerani Vyr II.
This time there had better not be any Master Vampires and their Death Hounds wandering Riverwood.
Heck, I'll stay inside all night if I have to.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:03 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: All of 'Em
Platform: PS4, PC
Other Profiles: PSN: Unionhack, Steam: Unionhack
UESPoints: 13
I know I said I wouldn't, but since I had nothing to do at school and was pretty bored, I went ahead and updated the Graveyard. I got everyone from Bintu Helenback onwards. Might have missed a few before Bintu; I might check in a few hours.

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:06 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, all DLC, Oblivion, GoTY and aniversary, arena
Platform: X360/PC, X360/PC, PC.
RIP Miaren

Level 3

Killed by wolves, bear and sabre cat.

At least she got out of Helgen this time...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:15 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
This morning I made my first DiD-character, unfortunately he didn't last for long. After leaving Riverwood he decided to venture out in the forest to find some animals he could take some pelt from and make some armor, unfortunately I looked away from my screen to grab a drink and had autorun on. When I looked back he was lying dead at the bottom of a waterfall.

RIP Christoph the Clumsy
28 Nov - 9:30 AM // 28 Nov - 11.12 AM

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:24 pm 
Warder
Warder

^
Haha! I bet that was annoying.

I got Smells-Like-Fish up to level 10 yesterday. I also replaced my Unlevelled world mod with another, more forgiving, but still very challenging mod called Real Unlevelled Skyrim.
... and to prove that:

"Holy freaking skeever butt!"
"What? I'm just your regular Draugr Death Overlord. Nothing you can't handle at level 6, right?"

He ran. Fast. Though for some reason that stupid stone door didn't let him go through the first time and I almost panicked. Almost died too.
Two levels later I actually came back and managed to kill the Overlord. By getting on top of a platform he couldn't reach and shooting 50 sneak attack arrows into his head. LoL.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:18 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: All of 'Em
Platform: PS4, PC
Other Profiles: PSN: Unionhack, Steam: Unionhack
UESPoints: 13
Lynx wrote:
This morning I made my first DiD-character, unfortunately he didn't last for long. After leaving Riverwood he decided to venture out in the forest to find some animals he could take some pelt from and make some armor, unfortunately I looked away from my screen to grab a drink and had autorun on. When I looked back he was lying dead at the bottom of a waterfall.

RIP Christoph the Clumsy
28 Nov - 9:30 AM // 28 Nov - 11.12 AM

Deaths due to outside influence like that don't count, you know.

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:41 pm 
Novice
Novice

Unionhack wrote:

Deaths due to outside influence like that don't count, you know.

Well, he's dead anyways. Nothing to do about it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:38 am 
Guardian
Guardian

Tedrak Venim
Level 12
Fell while trying to clear ash spawn from the Tribunal Temple on Solsthiem. He was only trying to help...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:20 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, 360
My rotund, ugly and utterly useless female Bosmer named Honey Boo Boo.

Created her for the express purpose of getting her killed off as quickly possible, as often as possible. It turns out that video game role playing is a great way to indulge fantasies that would be frowned upon in real life, even if the objects of the fantasy deserve real life annihilation.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:52 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

*sigh* Well, so much for that...

R.I.P
Nerani Vyr II
17th of Last Seed 4E201 to 20th of Heartfire 4E201.
Level 53, majoring in Light Armor, One Handed, and Restoration.
Killed by a fellow Vampire just outside Riften while she was in Vampire Lord form. Who's the superior Vampire now, huh?

Maybe I should just tone down the Vampiric Drain strength in my mod a bit...
Ah, heck. I'll leave it.
Hopefully I got the dates right.

Edit:
And this is my new character:
Mylani, an Altmer Mage. She specializes in Destruction, Light Armor, and Conjuration.
Starting on Adept. She's level 3 already.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:22 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion , Skyrim
Hey guys, I'm back!
I got a new PS3 controller after 3-4 months without one, so I didn't come here in that time^^

Anyway, I got a new charackter and I really want to post his short adventures here, I don't think it would be worth a new thread.
Soooo..

Hello Nords and Nerds of Skyrim.
After reading multiple "gaming diaries" on skyrim, some of them really funny, I decided to try one myself.

My idea was this:

I'm playing as Dunmer, trying to survive in Skyrim after running away from Morrowind.
I never stay at one village or larger city too long, for multiple reasons:
1. I'm not legally in Skyrim after all that intro stuff, it seems..
2. I might have angered someone before I came to Skyrim. I might have angered someone I really shouldn't have angered. I might! (thats mainly a roleplaying reason, but hey after all there ARE assassins in Skyrim, coming for you!)

I'm not using every single skill in the game from the very beginning:
Every 4 levels (until level 12, after level 12 every 3 levels), I'm allowed to "learn" and use 1 new skill, if that skill is at least skilllevel 25. So I have to look for trainers and actually learn from them.
My starting skills are One handed (just daggers however), Light armor and Sneak. I decided to start on adept difficulty, without HUD and if I die, I'm dead. Seems legit.

So here we go:

Chapter 1: Fire in the hole!

After creating my character "Failur E." (whoose last name will forever remain a mystery) and spending hours on editing his head, I'm finally free to go and get it chopped off. What a relief.
Wait a second.. My head! My most beautiful head!

Fortunately for me theres a huge ass dragon appearing out of nowhere and destroying the whole city within seconds, thus saving me. Thank you dragon, you're the nicest town-destroying fire-breathing murder creature I've ever seen. Waaaaay better than cliffracers!

The dragon is even so kind to smash a hole into a tower so I can move on, and finally I end up at the keep with that imperial guy that wanted my beautiful head and some rebell-dude. I can't hear what they say because all of the murdering and crying thats going on - and after cursing everyone around for being so impolite to interrupt us, I just enter the keep with the rebel-guy.

And then, eventually, after murdering seemingly everyone that survived the dragon attack - I'm out of that place! My new tool - er, friend - wants me to go to the nearest little village to get some rest, but I'm not stupid. Thats the first place the Imperials will search for survivors after seeing all the impaled, burned and decapitated dead bodies. I'm going.. eeeer.. okay, I'm right behind you Ralof..

Chapter 2: Call of the Wild

On my way to Riverwood Ralof stops multiple times, telling me something I really don't care about. I don't even pay attention to him anymore, as he actually points me to a useful place! The Guardian stones, some old magic Stone monuments that seem to boost your ability to learn skills, are right off the road. I go and activate the Warrior stone, cause I only use 3 skills at the moment and two of them are Warrior skills.

By the time I arrive at Riverwood noon has come.
And my inventory includes, next to a load of potions and food:
- Some magic robes and a spell book which I didn't aquire by lockpicking a cell door but by grabbing it through the locked cell. Cause I can't lockpick at all.
- Some bear pelts which I didn't aquire by shooting the bear from a safe distance but by running away while Ralof kills it. Cause I can't usa a bow.. Not even if my life depends on it. And I think it does.

Good lord, It's hard to not have supernatural basic knowledge in every single skill from the beginning of the game!

Sooo.. thats how far I got this morning^^
More to come, even though theres not much going on in this thread ;)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:01 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim, and Morrowind
Platform: PC and PS3
I will make a character known as "Fus-Ro-King." I will use codes to give my character Fus-Ro-Dah in Helgen, and use only that shout through the whole game.

Pro-Imperial/Pro-Parthurnaax
Anti-Thalmor/Anti-Stormcloak/Anti-Blades

Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:12 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
Sylvaine Emrys
Breton Witch
17th-19th Last Seed
Shipwrecked on the north coast*, she made it to Dawnstar swimming and managed to fend for herself for two days by scavenging other shipwrecks and hunting frying mudcrabs and skeevers before they could eat her. Was doing rather fine when she tragically overestimated herself thinking she could take up a wolf pack alone, and died the very moment the drumroll announced she had reached level 4.

*(thanks to Live Another Life)

EDIT:
Sylvaine Emrys II
17th-17th Last Seed
Killed by a wolf while running away from a Troll

Sylvaine Emrys III
17th Last Seed - a few days later
Turned into cat food by an annoyed saber cat

EDITEDIT:
Dang it, I've grown too fond of the girl in the time I've spent with her and decided to restart her as a regular character, so please disregard this post altogether.

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:43 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: XBox 360
This is going to be a "simple man making an honest living" style challenge. He is an imperial who goes to skyrim to become a successful traveling alchemist. His goal is to become a great and successful alchemist and to save enough money to buy a home and retire comfortably.

I will impose several rules and stipulations for this playthrough. No fast travel, and he will need to eat and sleep. Also:

Must level up when available
Can only choose perks in alchemy and speech skill trees, as well as the 5 armsman, agile defender, and stealth perks.
Can only sell potions and gems/jewelry
Can only use a dagger and staff
Can only carry and equip a single pair of boots, bracers/gloves, a helmet, shield, necklace, ring, and 3 regular clothes or robes(cannot wear cuirass )
No spell casting or shouts(only greater power)
No smithing or enchanting

Goal: 100 alchemy and speech, at least 150,000 septims to buy and furnish house and retire

Name: Brutus Andervetti
Difficulty : adept

Stay tuned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:51 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

Well... I made my endgame character Nevar Odai
He wasnt meant to be a DiD character, but he made it so far and dies so oddly that I had to post it.

Corrupter: Good at all magic, decent at both stealth and combat, uses magic to supplement both.
Adept difficulty
-------------------------

Accomplishments:
Wielder of the Aetherium Crown
Arch-Mage of the CoW
Master smith, healer, illusionist and conjurer
Wielder of the Warlord Mask
Vampire Lord
Destroyer of Alduin
Blades Agent
Officer of the Stormcloaks, aid in liberation of Winterhold, Riften, Falkreath, Dawnstar and Solitude
Champion of Mephala and Vile

Died in pursuit of a black book, killed by Master Wizard Neloth of House Telvanni in daylight when a thunderbolt jumped from a nearby reaver. Level 52

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:16 pm 
Novice
Novice

Platform: Xbox360
My current character Angrun is playing as a "pacifist", killing only if he has to. Two dead so far - Alduin and Astrid. Sights set on Mr Stormcloak next.

Anyway, if I were to do a DiD character, I would start the same way as my pacifist. Helgren to Riverwood for supplies and then jump in the river to float down to the Whiterun stables for a carriage ride to Riften. (Carriage rides became THE safe way and only way to travel between cities).

Joining the Thieves Guild became a safe way to earn a living. And if I took a DiD character very seriously - as if my OWN life depended on it - the Thieves Guild it would remain. Living off of pickpocket and burglar jobs.

As a pacifist I did not wander into the wilds until level 20...but had saved up enough to buy decent armor and spells. If I were to take a DiD character very seriously - I would never leave the towns what a chicken I am :D Would also have 100 magika, 100 stamina, and 800+ health. Health nut. Jogging around Whiterun in Legendary Armor in case he trips. Chest full of healing potions, bag full of healing potions. Probably name him Melvin. Melvin would probably still worry a lot. "What happens if the dog knocks the Xbox into the aqaurium?". What a worrier that Melvin is.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:52 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim.
Platform: PC.
Quick question: I completed a difficult encounter (three whole bandits), and when I go to loot the bandits my game crashes. I reload, try again, and this time the bandits kill me. Does the death count if indirectly caused by a bug? If not for the crash I wouldn't have had to repeat the fight.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:21 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Platform: Xbox 360
It's your choice, really. Self-inflicted challenge and all that. If you consider the death to be more a bug's fault than yours, keep going. If you don't, start over. Simple as that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next