UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 4:20 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Skyrim: Dead is Dead Thread
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:35 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: All the main ones besides Arena
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
Oh my god this is hilarious!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:40 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: All of them
Platform: Xbox One
Other Profiles: R4VID
RIP Bintu Helenback
Level 11
17th of last seed- 6th of Evening Star
Telvanni Witch Hunter and Agricultural Illusionist
Ever vigilant to the deeds of dark magic, he should have watched his step in Markarth.
While trying to get a better angle he met a 90 degree one.
Died engaging a Vampire Master and 2 death hounds, by falling off the Temple of Dibella

That which defines you will prove to be your undoing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:02 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Daggerfall,Morrowind,Oblivion,Skyrim
I joined this forum just to add to this thread :)

I hope its going to continue, it has inspired me to do my own. I've already had two failed attempts that i wrote out. It was all done on master.

RIP

Sul Midras

Dark Elf thief

17th Last Seed-19th Last Seed

Level 4

Food for the Skeevers in Bleak Falls

Dunmer thief who left Morrowind to find his own fortune, came to Skyrim via illegal passage while bringing in stolen goods. Was caught and nearly executed by Legion but saved by the appearance of a Dragon. Fled with Hadvar to Riverwood, no sense in running off with the rebels and being branded as one of them by the Empier. Stayed at Alvor’s house for the night and promised to make the trip to White Run to warn the Jarl Balgruff. Travelled to Whiterun, avoided Imperial Soldiers and passed himself off as an imperial scout. Informed Jarl of situation and was pressed into service by him to head to Bleak Falls Barrows. With little gold to buy proper equipment or a bed for the night (I have a mod that increases the prices of stuff such as beds and carriages it now costs 100 for a bed), he travelled back to Riverwood and informed Alvor and Hadvar of the situation, had a round of drinks at the local tavern and offered to get Lucan’s claw back the next day in return for some money.
Met his fate in Bleak Falls Borrows after slaying all the bandits and killing many of the Draugar, was killed by an badly timed block which allowed a great sword to cut through his chest, leaving him as just another victim of Bleak Falls Borrows. Bad luck for the range loving thief to be caught in a tight corridor against an undead nord warrior carrying a great sword.

RIP

Kurgan

Nord Fighter

17th last seed- 19th last seed

Level 2

Moral of the story: don’t mess with the damn Elves.

Nord sellsword who travelled throughout Cyrodil earning gold as a private guard until he returned back home to Skyrim when he grew bored of the work there and wanted to see what was up with this rebellion that was going on. Was caught and about to be killed until the dragon showed up, escaped with Ralof and travelled to Whiterun. Agreed to job from Jarl and attempted to join the Companions but was refused by Kodak who claimed he lacked a true belief in the values of the Companions (I decided I wanted to explore more). Left and took on two bounty jobs, stayed at local inn and partied hard with Jorn. Woke up with hangover and was walking to Redorans retreat to get Amren’s family sword. Saw three Thalmor who was taking away a fellow Nord. Questioned what they was doing and a fight broke out, was quickly killed, by a constant barrage of lightening that barely gave him time to react. His death would be held up by the Stormcloaks as another example of why the Nords must fight against the Empire and the Thalmor, calling Kurgan a hero and using him for their propaganda purposes.. I seriously didn’t expect to be killed like that so quickly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:25 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: All of 'Em
Platform: PS4, PC
Other Profiles: PSN: Unionhack, Steam: Unionhack
UESPoints: 13
Add that to the list of people Unionhack totally recruited with his awesome thread. xD

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:45 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Daggerfall,Morrowind,Oblivion,Skyrim
Reverted it to Adept level now, i rolled an Orc and he lasted the same date as the others. Shame as he was doing pretty good until a Forsworn came charging out from behind a house and sliced him in two. He was too quick.

Now rolled a Breton Mage on my way to join the College. Vincent Capet, a young nobleman from a wealthy family who was given to a passing mage as an apprentice by his father in order to get rid of him as Vincent was pretty much a useless layabout. He travelled to Skyrim with her but his ship crashed off the coast of Dawnstar (Live another life mod) Now he's suited up in a robe, bought some potions and managed to wrangle out the location of the Ring of Mixture from some old lady that he doesn't plan to give it to. It's my first ever coward character as he's likely to run away from danger and think for himself more. So hopefully he'll survive better but i doubt it.

Anyway the next day of making it to Dawnstar, i left and on the road encoutred a horde of bandits battling some guards. the Bandits won and began chasing poor Vincent, after roasting one he fled as far as his pixle legs could carry him..All the way to the Vigliant's base, the two guards and the two Vigliants outside were quickly cut down as Vincent used this time to escape, and he climbed up a hill hoping to run down the other side and get away. However as luck would have it, the bandits had spilt up and were on both sides so he was effectively cut off. Vincent scrambbed up this mountain he and so far they haven't followed. However he can see them waiting there. I really hope i can make it beyond the 19th of Last Seed, but i dont see a way out of this as there are hundreds of Bandits down below, warriors, mages and archers galore.

So poor Vincent on his first full day in Skyrim has managed to destroy the Vigilant of Stendarr as now that flimsy cabin they call a base is under siege.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:56 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360
Ok I am going to give this another go. Started a new character this morning, and after one gaming session, it is going quite well. Firstly, a bit of back story (I am still fleshing it out but here is a brief summary)-

My character is Ylbern Viralaine, a Breton from High Rock.
Born and breed in Farrun, Ylbern's early life was for the most part uneventful. Always a keen student of music, and with a sense of adventure that couldn't been contained, he departed from his homeland at the age of 23, running away during the night. And so his tale begins... **insert epic music here**

After escaping Helgan with Ralof, Ylbern made it to Riverwood by the back roads. After stocking up on supplies (a steel mace, a hunting bow and some clothes), he headed to the inn for a drink. After chatting with Faendal after a large drinking session, setting up Sven with a forged letter, they headed out of town after discovering a bounty on a bandit chief at the Valtheim Towers. Heading down the roads to the Towers, the two made the trek mostly unhindered (a few wolf pelts weighed down their packs). Apon reaching the towers, an epic battle followed (arrows flying everywhere, bandits falling from battlements), the cheif had his skull caved in (hooray for kill-cam finishes). Licking their wounds, the two rested at the Towers.

That's where I finished up today, really looking forward to getting back to Ylbern (and sorry I couldn't go into more detail).
And in case it isn't clear (which I know it isn't), I am playing Ylbern as a Wandering Bard type character. I will be keeping a lute on him at all times, simple weapons and clothes only. Really enjoying him so far.

EDIT: After resting at the Towers, both Ylbern and Faendal headed to Whiterun to claim their reward for killing the bandit cheif. Claiming there reward and selling some loot, the two headed to the Bannered Mare for a well earned drink. Ylbern, after a few too many ales (I am trying to eat/ drink and sleep with this character) got into a fight with one of the patrons, and after a hard fought win and a long sleep, the two headed to the Halted Stream Camp to claim another bounty. The pair, now confident of their own abilities, made short work of the bandits at the Camp, headed back to Whiterun for their second reward. Ylbern, becoming restless inside the walls of a city, is now considering heading into the wilderness for some more adventure. He may make the return trip to Riverwood to make sure Faendal to get home safely (the two becoming good friends during their adventures), but his future is most definatly uncertain.

I will get back to him this evening :)

EDIT: My play through for this evening went like this-
Apon arriving back at Riverwood with Faendal, the two decided one last hunting trip was in order before they parted ways for a while. Crossing the river stalking a deer, Ylbern discovered the body of a dead treasure hunter (it was weird, near Anise's cabin he was just lying there bent over backwards). Searching for clues, they discovered a note about a bow in a near by cave. Dispatching the resident necromancer and the raised undead horrors, they collecting the bow and parted ways after another adventure. Ylbern, heading out in the morning, soon discovered some standing stones and a hunter. Ater the blessing of The Mage stone, Ylbern crossed paths with an Old Orc standing over a pile of corpses, hidden off the path (it was lucky I heard him talking). Craving a 'good death' from Ylbern, the two clashed in the shadows of the trees. After a bloody battle, Ylbern stood over the corpse of the Old Orc, victorious but battered (my closest moment to death so far). Gazing over the land, the young Breton smiled, he was free and loving life.

And that is where I am so far, currently level 4.
I will continue tomorrow.

EDIT: Ylbern, departing from the site of the Old Orc's grave (in reality I dragged him to the side of the road and threw a sword on him) strolled down the path to an old house. The name on the front said Pinewatch, and being weary from his last battle, he headed inside. Seeing the house empty, he headed downstairs to rest, but was set apon by a bandit (totally forgot he was there). Dispatching his foe, Ylbern wished he had Faendal with him as he progressed through the hidden ruins (I actually turned up the difficulty to Adept to make things a little more interesting). All things going well, Ylbern made it to the cheif's treasure room without too much difficulty, enjoying using the Fury spell (a life saver on more than one occasion). Leaving Pinewatch with more then he could carry, Ylbern headed to Whiterun to sell his loot from another good day wandering. Leaving Whiterun with a heavy purse, he decided it was time to join the Bard's College officially. And with this thought, Ylbern headed down the path to Solitude.

Another good morning's session, really getting into the narritive of this character and definatly enjoying it! :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:30 am 
Novice
Novice

Alas, Ylbern has fallen!

Continuing where I last left off, Ylbern headed down the long path to Solitude. Coming across Labyrinthian, Ylbern his curiosity getting the better of him, decided to peek around the imposing structure. Seeing no one around, he headed up the steps, only to hear the roar of a frost troll. After a quick exchange, Ylbern retreated up the steps, gashes bleeding (and my closest moment to death). Drinking a few potions, Ylbern waited till his strength returned, before hearing a roar behind him- another troll! Panic stricken, he decided to flee, before taking an arrow to the... chest (I am not going there), fired from a bandit as he came rushing down the stairs (which I have no idea where he came from). He was felled by a hulking fist of a third troll, his mace swinging until his last breath.

I am saddened to see Ylbern go, I really enjoyed roleplaying this way.
I am thinking I am going to give it another go with a new character in the coming days. Inspired by Unionhack's Ra'zhar, I am thinking of creating a Wood Elf or Argonian to complete the main quest eventually, with a bit more of a sense of narrative. I will keep you posted :D

(Sorry about the double post. If a moderator wants to merge these that's fine. I wasn't sure as my last post was getting a bit long)

EDIT: And thanks to Unionhack for the correction, I knew something looked off when I was typing that! :O

Last edited by ReeceH on Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:38 am 
Champion
Champion

His name was Ra'zhar, not J'zargi. xD

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:44 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Well, I tried :/

RIP Nirenea
Dunmer Adventurer
Level 1

Burned to death fighting a couple of Thalmor she annoyed in Rorikstead... while the guards just watched. :(

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:13 am 
Novice
Novice

Well I started a new character, another Breton named Thetri Sintieve.
A coward of a man, Thetri is the very opposite of a fighter. He prefers to have other's fight for him, specializing in Illusion and Conjuration magic (along with a bit of Restoration for when he is inevitably dragged into a fight). He seems to be at the wrong place at the wrong time constantly, and I am hoping he will be the most unlikely Dragonborn in history ;) I won't be using Destruction magic or weapons of any sort with Thetri, choosing instead to use Illusion, Conjuration and followers to stay alive long enough to save the world. Playing on Adept for now.

After being captured trying to cross the border into Skyrim illegally (a long story involving a Redguard, an Argonian and too much wine), Thetri had his head on the chopping block. Saved by Alduin, he made it to Riverwood with Hadvar, very dirty (which he complained about the whole way) but alive. After setting up Sven, Faendal and Thetri made it to Whiterun to warn the Jarl about the threat of the Dragons (and pick up some fine clothes, which is Thetri's signature outfit). Being ordered to go to Bleakfalls Barrow to pick up a stone (another long story involving a priest of Talos and Thetri's Frenzy spell ;) ), Faendal helped the old Breton carry the Dragonstone back to the Jarl without too much hastle. Now, apon another dragon sighting, Thetri and Faendal and being shoved out the doors to face a dragon, Thetri cowering behind Faendal as the two are being mustered at the gates with the city guard...

And this is where I am at with my first play through, I am looking foward to facing a dragon with this hopeless (but suprisingly fun) character :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:17 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyim, Morrowind, Oblivion
ReeceH wrote:
Well I started a new character, another Breton named Thetri Sintieve.
A coward of a man, Thetri is the very opposite of a fighter. He prefers to have other's fight for him, specializing in Illusion and Conjuration magic (along with a bit of Restoration for when he is inevitably dragged into a fight). He seems to be at the wrong place at the wrong time constantly, and I am hoping he will be the most unlikely Dragonborn in history ;) I won't be using Destruction magic or weapons of any sort with Thetri, choosing instead to use Illusion, Conjuration and followers to stay alive long enough to save the world. Playing on Adept for now.

After being captured trying to cross the border into Skyrim illegally (a long story involving a Redguard, an Argonian and too much wine), Thetri had his head on the chopping block. Saved by Alduin, he made it to Riverwood with Hadvar, very dirty (which he complained about the whole way) but alive. After setting up Sven, Faendal and Thetri made it to Whiterun to warn the Jarl about the threat of the Dragons (and pick up some fine clothes, which is Thetri's signature outfit). Being ordered to go to Bleakfalls Barrow to pick up a stone (another long story involving a priest of Talos and Thetri's Frenzy spell ;) ), Faendal helped the old Breton carry the Dragonstone back to the Jarl without too much hastle. Now, apon another dragon sighting, Thetri and Faendal and being shoved out the doors to face a dragon, Thetri cowering behind Faendal as the two are being mustered at the gates with the city guard...

And this is where I am at with my first play through, I am looking foward to facing a dragon with this hopeless (but suprisingly fun) character :D

I played a character like that, a breton assassin who I named Louis

To denounce the evils of truth and love.
Until our post count reaches the stars above.

Spoiler:
Musicman247 wrote:
I don't suck, I blow.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:39 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
R.I.P Tanya
Breton female
Lvl 1
Adept
Killed by a Bandit Thug who chased her all the way from that ruin near Bleak Falls Barrow to Riverwood. She desperately tried to get aid from the residents but all of them had apparently decided to go inside and paid no heed to the pair running around the town. Finally, after managing to hurt the bandit with some spells, she decided to take him head on. He one-shotted her. FAIL! My 'unlevelled Skyrim' mod (i.e. any type of enemies and loot can appear anytime regardless of your level) makes this pretty freaking hard. Haha!

Yay, I'm off to the adventure

Later:
"NOOO! WHY DOESN'T ANYONE HELP ME???"

I think I shall restart her because this was so pathetic XD.

Last edited by CreeperX on Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:45 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

CreeperX wrote:
R.I.P Tanya
Breton
Lvl 1
Adept

Killed by a Bandit Thug who chased her all the way from that ruin near Bleak Falls Barrow to Riverwood. She desperately tried to get aid from other people but all of them had apparently decided to go inside and paid no heed to the pair who ran around the town. Finally, after managing to hurt the bandit with some spells, she decided to take him head on. He one-shotted her. FAIL! My 'unlevelled Skyrim' mod (i.e. any type of enemy can appear anytime regardless of your level) makes this pretty freaking hard. Haha!

Yay, I'm off to the adventure

Later:
"NOOO! WHY DOESN'T ANYONE HELP ME???"

I think I shall restart her because this was so pathetic XD.

yeesh an elven warhammer? How was your character even alive for that long?

Spoiler:
Musicman247 wrote:
I don't suck, I blow.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:55 pm 
Warder
Warder

derp53 wrote:

By hiding and running away from everything XD. She actually encountered a freaking bandit marauder before this :shock: but luckily managed to lose him. I think I should probably disable this mod when trying this challenge but I want to try one more time. I'll just lower the difficulty to novice :lol:.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:12 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

CreeperX wrote:
derp53 wrote:

By hiding and running away from everything XD. She actually encountered a freaking bandit marauder before this :shock: but luckily managed to lose him. I think I should probably disable this mod when trying this challenge but I want to try one more time. I'll just lower the difficulty to novice :lol:.

that would probably be wise, I don't think imperial armor is very sound against high quality weapons

Spoiler:
Musicman247 wrote:
I don't suck, I blow.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:36 am 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, Xbox
Other Profiles: Creator Of All (Xbox)
I started a dead is dead Khajiit, names Azharr.

I even had a big long background and stuff ready for him.

Until at lvl 3 he got owned by a Spriggan.

Didn't even try to fight it, I just ran past, and the damn thing hit me with it's ranged attack (whatever the hell that is), and the health-drain got me :(

RIP Azharr the Khajiit

I hardly knew ye.

I somehow feel that if the mods were all gods.. Believe would surely be the God of Awesome and Booze

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:20 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Other Profiles: Xbox: SargentLipton35
Is anyone still doing this?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:59 pm 
Warder
Warder

^
I am. Might as well write a little update.

So Tanya II has managed to make it to level 15. Her strategy is pure stealth and she has made it this far by relying on sneak attacks. Sometimes she just manouvers around the strongest enemies or, if spotted by them, simply runs away. She joined the Dark Brotherhood to get some good stealth gear and has recently gone to Markath to receive her first big contract. She got sidetracked on the way though and quite daringly went to investigate the Dwemer ruins inside Understone Keep. She had a couple of close calls there but made it out just fine.

Doing well so far :D

To make up for the unlevelled Skyrim mod I have, I started in a novice difficulty but upped it to apprentice once she reached lvl 8-10 (don't quite remember). I'm considering to put it to adept once she reaches lvl 20. Though that could be a mistake since the game can anytime spawn a master level mage or a bow wielding Deathlord who, with bad luck, could one-shot her =P.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:21 am 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC, Xbox 360
I started some Dead is Dead characters the other day and had terrible luck... but before i list their fates, i want to say i use the Character Creation Overhaul, Random Alternate Start, and Become a Bard (allows you to play flutes, lutes and drums for money in taverns) and finally No Fast Travel to name the important mods. Also play on master difficulty.

Edward Lighthands- Breton Bard, started off on the northern coast, between Dawnstar and Winterhold. Made it to Dawnstar, played a few times in the tavern, then set off for Morthal. Was ambushed by a pack of wolves not 50 feet from town and was mauled.

Articus Septim- Imperial Bard- Started near Falkreath, was making my way to town when a few wolves descended upon me. Manage to kill them all, only to take a step from the carnage to take a bandits arrow to the throat.

Slink - Khajiit Acrobat- Started near Windhelm, tried to pickpocket a guard, and when caught jumped off a bridge to the water below. Or so he thought.....turned out to be an ice sheet below.

Shadow- Imperial Agent- Started outside Hobs Fall Cave. Saw a lone wolf and decided to take it out with my dual daggers. Big mistake it turned out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:55 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
I had a Drow named Varus, who met his untimely end at the hands of Burning Inferno. Slain for his crimes against Markarth.

Now I'm gonna roll a Vaalsark (canine race from a mod I'm using. going for an archer/healer build. I like to call it a holy assassin :p

Main skills:
Marksman
Sneak
Restoration
Alteration
Lockpicking
Alchemy
Speech
Illusion

Secondary:
pickpocketing
enchanting
smithing
light armor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:23 am 
Champion
Champion

I hope you guys are still aware that I'm just simply not motivated to update the graveyard anymore. xP

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:55 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, all DLC, Oblivion, GoTY and aniversary, arena
Platform: X360/PC, X360/PC, PC.
UESPoints: 2
I've started my first dead is dead character, mentioned already here:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=25383&start=600

In essence, she's a dunmer non violent civilian (with the exception of restoration spells against undead) on master difficulty. Her lifespan has been estimated at 3 Skyrim days...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:30 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

She didn't survive Helgen - first attempt Alduin killed her (it seems if you stand around watching the soldiers attack him too long, he lands and then eats you... I'll test this hypothesis later) The second she got as far as the barracks with Hadvar, and into the bit with two stormcloaks at the entrance to the keep, where she didn't take a warhammer to the face and body too well (NPC got a kill cam on her...) The third attempt saw her electrocuted by the torturer.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:49 pm 
Warder
Warder

^
I lolled XD.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:00 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

CreeperX wrote:
^
I lolled XD.

It's not funny, an sweet, young innocent Dunmer woman was eaten, then had her face smashed in, then was electrocuted, then got mauled and eaten again trying to level sneak using a iron dagger on a bear...

Sadly, while the playstyle could work, without the required spells my poor, beautiful Dunmer was just Alduin food.

She had such lovely, deep red eyes...

I miss her already. :cry:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next