UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:20 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Skyrim: Dead is Dead Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:11 am 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, Xbox
Other Profiles: Creator Of All (Xbox)
UESPoints: 0
Well, I started an Altmer magic-user yesterday, (Havn't gotten far at all through Skyrim with a mage. Ever.) and I'm enjoying him quite a bit, that extra magicka kicks serious ass.

Anyways, I went to Riverwood, told Baalgruf about the dragons, and then went off to do my own thing. BUT I decided that being a mage, I wanted a follower. SO I went and hired Jenassa from the Drunken HUntsman (simply cos I'd never had her before) and she was GREAT, between my Ice Spikes, and her bow, we demolished most thigns befofre they even got close to us. (Including that Named bandit in White river watch.)

But then it happened. I decided to explore from Solitude down towards Rorikstead. Popping into most caves I found on the way.

Liar's Retreat. I go inside, I see some strange shaped shadows, and bandits yelling warcries. I think ot myself "Those kinda look like Falmer, but nah this is a bloody cave!"

They were Falmer. I managed to kill the first 6 that came at us, using a combination of Fire Atronach, Bound Sword, Jenassa, and running back outside to buff up, but then there were more. I survived by fleeing. Jenassa didn't. But then to make things even worse, there were 2 Hired thugs waiting outside for me. I couldn't remember stealing from anyone, so I was quite interested to see who had sent them. So after my Flame Atronach killed them whilst I hid behind some rocks, I read the contract, planning on "visiting" whomever set them after me. It was just a generic hunter, so today, I'm going hunting :Twisted Evil:

I somehow feel that if the mods were all gods.. Believe would surely be the God of Awesome and Booze

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:05 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
UESPoints: 14
R.I.P. Jamal
Died 15th of Heartfire
Redguard, Level 11
Member of the College of Winterhold
Ran into a room full of hostile mages in Fellglow Keep unprepared, forgetting that Novice Necromancers don't do anything as zombies.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:19 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Skyrim, Dawnguard
Platform: Xbox 360
I'll join this one of these days. Or if all of you are already gone, ill make my own. I want to make a regular Mage and warrior first, already have a kickass wood elf thief. So yeah.

eDit: oh I guess you guys are still here. I will join soon. Really liked unions posts. They were cool, but he never finished the story of the high elf.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:35 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: All of 'Em
Platform: PS4, PC
Other Profiles: PSN: Unionhack, Steam: Unionhack
UESPoints: 13
Cam877 wrote:
I'll join this one of these days. Or if all of you are already gone, ill make my own. I want to make a regular Mage and warrior first, already have a kickass wood elf thief. So yeah.

eDit: oh I guess you guys are still here. I will join soon. Really liked unions posts. They were cool, but he never finished the story of the high elf.

I haven't actually touched Skyrim in a while, much less Krahzuntafiir. Thanks for the feedback though. :D

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:26 am 
Novice
Novice

Platform: XBox 360
Name: Blackpaw Gary
Race: Khajiit
Major skills: Archery, Sneak, Pickpocket, Smithing, Alchemy
Difficulty: Master

Blackpaw Gary is a shady dude. He finds himself in Skyrim, and as usual, in all kinds of trouble

After escaping Helgen, he travels to Riverwood to sell off loot and get some supplies. He notices a Wood Elf archer, and talks to the trader about a golden claw.

Heads to whiterun and does some hunting. Manages to get into the city, assuring the gaurds he has useful information about Helgen. Crafts some fine leather armor and tunes up the bow. Having learned a thing or two about this land, he jumps in a cart and heads to Riften, where he believes he can hook up with the right kind of people.

Helps out a fellow shady dude with a pickpocketing scheme, and gets an invite to the ratway. He finds out from the local trader that its full of thugs, and decides he needs more seasoning before going in. Travels back to Riverwood.

Recruits the Bosmer archer with some shady trickery. Manages to get alot of usefull archery training, and persuades him to travel to Bleak Falls Barrow. Finds the claw

Returns to Riverwood with an adept level archery skill, and a good bit more gold. Dismisses his follower and heads back to Riften. Eliminates the ratway thugs and finds the shady bunch he was looking for

Days Past: 5
Level 10

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:28 am 
Novice
Novice

Anderband wrote:
Name: Blackpaw Gary
Major skills: Archery, Sneak, Pickpocket, Smithing, Alchemy
Difficulty: Master

Blackpaw Gary is a shady dude. He finds himself in Skyrim, and as usual, in all kinds of trouble

After escaping Helgen, he travels to Riverwood to sell off loot and get some supplies. He notices a Wood Elf archer, and talks to the trader about a golden claw.

Heads to whiterun and does some hunting. Manages to get into the city, assuring the gaurds he has useful information about Helgen. Crafts some fine leather armor and tunes up the bow. Having learned a thing or two about this land, he jumps in a cart and heads to Riften, where he believes he can hook up with the right kind of people.

Helps out a fellow shady dude with a pickpocketing scheme, and gets an invite to the ratway. He finds out from the local trader that its full of thugs, and decides he needs more seasoning before going in. Travels back to Riverwood.

Recruits the Bosmer archer with some shady trickery. Manages to get alot of usefull archery training, and persuades him to travel to Bleak Falls Barrow. Finds the claw

Returns to Riverwood with an adept level archery skill, and a good bit more gold. Dismisses his follower and heads back to Riften. Eliminates the ratway thugs and finds the shady bunch he was looking for

Days Past: 5
Level 10

That's a lot of shadies :P

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:33 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
Just read through the graveyard which has gotten considerably bigger since I was last here, been a while since I did one and now I am inspired to start a new one tonight!

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:38 am 
Master
Master

ES Games: Oblivion, Shivering Isles, Knights of the Nine, Skyrim (DUH!)
Other Profiles: I'm always JVElEven. Look me up on Steam
Quote:
R.I.P
Morpheus
Morpheus attempted to use Become Ethereal to survive jumping down a waterfall in the Rift after killing bandits. The Shout didn't last very long.

This is my favourite.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:26 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion GOTY, skyrim
Platform: PS3
I'll join this on Friday maybe. I think a two-handed/archery-orientated Nord.

Hotel room by yourself men's underpants Las Vegas.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:11 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Hmmmm...So that really didn't last long.

R.I.P
Climbs-Greater-Heights
18th of Last Seed 4E201
Level 5 Argonian, Dual Wielding, Heavy Armor, Companions Shield Brother.
Underestimated frost trolls at Labyrinthian despite using Histskin power.
Full Companions wolf armor, 2 Skyforge Steel Waraxe's and an Imperial bow.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:57 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

I'm going to be starting a DiD thing today.

Name: Thor Mjolnir
Race: Nord
Skills: Two-handed, Heavy Armour, Smithing, Speech.
Difficulty: the default one, whatever that's called.
How he got to be on the cart to Helgen: exploring the borders with Hammerfell and Cyrodiil but got caught up amongst some Stormcloaks, who he thought might protect him from bandits and allow him to get safely back home to Whiterun.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:34 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
I'll give this a go sometime soon. I've been meaning to make a Khajiit bandit for awhile now, and this is a perfect excuse to make him, seeing as he won't be fun for very long.

Name: Dar'Shaziir
Skills: Light Armor, One Handed, Archery, Sneak, Lockpicking

He'll hide out in that little cave beneath Whiterun (the one with the cart and bandits), and raid settlements. If he doesn't wind up dead from an onslaught of guards, he'll probably die escaping from jail. Should be fun. :)

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:51 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Thor has just reached riverwood with Hadvar.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:25 pm 
Novice
Novice

When I do mine it will probably be no fast travel, no loading saves even if I don't die and it will be a tribal Orc 2 hander. Will be interesting when I get to it ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:57 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind
I've been playing DeadIsDead in Oblivion and it was quite fun, but I remember how incredibly hard it was to let go. I lost my by far favorite character at level 34 there due to personal failure. It was tough and made me end DiD.

But now that Im experienced in Skyrim I've decided to return. My character:

Name: Amara Benirus
Race: Breton
Major Skills: Sneak, Archery, One-Handed, Alchemy
Minor Skills: Pickpocket, Speech, Block, Light Armor, Smithing
Difficulty: MASTER
(I'll decide on wether or not to throw in some magic (Necromancy and/or Illusion) on the go, but I imagine it could be hard to survive without these additions)

Amara is from noble descent, born in High Rock. She knows of her imperial blood (her surname also tells it), but not how much of it is in her. If asked, she'll always say that she's mostly Breton. As a child of wealth, she enjoyed a great education but could never satisfy the demands of her parents. She is more of a practical person and doesn't like theory and history all that much. She is thrilled by experiencing things herself, especially when these things are dangerous or forbidden...
Because she wasn't great in school, her parents had to rethink what to do with her. Her father kinda gave her up and concentrated on her sister, and started to treat Amara with disrespect, but still put pressure on her. That was a hard time for her. When her mother got ill and it was sure that she was going to die, one of the last things she did was convincing her father of sending her to the College of Winterhold in Skyrim, an academy that doesn't have high grade demands and concentrates on something more practical. Amara was quite thankful for this but her real dream was leaving school completly and living a free life out in the wilds.
There was a misunderstanding and she was separated from her carriage, and taken away by Imperial Soldiers together with some war criminals. She thought her life was going to end, but it all came different.
You have to know, in her childhood every then and now she had dreams about dragons talking with her, always with a kind of choire and drums playing in the background. It scared the hell out of her and she really thinks that there is more to it. So, when the dragon came and looked just like the one out of her dreams, black with red eyes, she was compeltly rigid with fear. But she managed to escape the dragon. Since then she knows that she will be tested in the future and she is really scared. She hates the idea of having a destiny that she can't flee. That's why she refused to help anyone that has problems with dragons for now. But the day will come.

As I said, Amara loves nature. She will - for now - not go to the College where she was supposed to go. She will try out this free life, hunting and exploring, see more of the world.
But the problem to this is money. She doesn't have anything now but a few coins her mother gave to her, and although she wants to escape her old life, she still has been spoiled when it comes to living standard. She can't afford living with only the money from selling fur and potions. That is one reason why she will be a thief aswell. The other reason for this is the thrill she gets out of it, the sense of danger and adventure. It's a kick. Also, she thinks this is the ultimate freedom, although she would never steal something that's essential for survival or from someone that can't afford it.

On the other hand, deep inside what Amara searches for aswell is a "family", someone that loves her and some kind of safe spot, where no one has any expectations on her and she can just live her life. Maybe the college of Winterhold could have offered that, but a scholar's life is not what she is searching for. She is, instead, on her way to Riften at the moment attempting to join the Thieves Guild. She wants to be educated in the art of sneaking and thievery there. She is quite optimistic that a group of thieves will give her much more freedom and place to unfold her desires than some college full of scholars. Also, it's much more practical and overall fun.

Oh, another addition to her is the book of one of her ancestors she got from a traveller who came from Cyrodiil. His name was "Sareth Benirus" and the book is written in Daedric letters. She's really curious what is written in there but for now she doesn't even know what language this is written in. And because of the shady looks she doesn't want to give it to someone who can actually read it.

What else to say ... She cannot live without sweetrolls, is more scared of bees than undead soldiers, and physically quite weak but she has intends to train every day now that she is free, because she thinks she'll need it for adventure. What creeps her out the most is the word dragon (now that she has proof that there's more to her dreams), and everything that has to do with it. On the other hand, she IS curious as to what all this means. So we'll see how all this develops (if she doesn't die in the first couple of days).
Oh, and of course officially she doesn't make use of her surname anymore, because she's afraid of her father searching for her. She misses her now dead mother and her sister though.

Yeah, that's it. I really hope she's going to last as long as my last lovely character from Oblivion. I'm already scared of losing her, because I've spended quite some time on developing her. Not going to get her into danger any time soon, I'll for now just hunt in the forests and improve in sneak skill. Especially MASTER difficulty will be soo tough. But I think I have to play on master because of the way my character is, a weak and spoiled child with huge dreams.
But that's what makes the fun in DiD, doesn't it?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:26 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Thor has just joined the legion, level 12.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:12 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Hi all, i'm new to this forum, and while reading this thread I got really inspired to try this out, i'll b starting a new character tonight, it'll probably die pretty fast, although i have no idea of what kinda character to make

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:34 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Other Profiles: Xbox: SargentLipton35
Herg wrote:
Hi all, i'm new to this forum, and while reading this thread I got really inspired to try this out, i'll b starting a new character tonight, it'll probably die pretty fast, although i have no idea of what kinda character to make

Great, you should try a playstyle you havent tried yet.
Also, Welcome to the UESP Forums!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:23 pm 
Layman
Layman

Name: Fernia
Race: redguard (female)
Skills: 2 handed swords, light armor, archery, lockpicking, speech
Difficulty: adept

backstory: Fernia grew up on a small farm just outside Anvil till the age of 8. her father killed her mother in a drunken rage over a pair of dirty pants, he then fled to skyrim to raise a new family.

After her mother was killed fernia was raised by a wood elf named Dervisar. He trained her in his peoples ways. She stayed with him till the age of 19, where she decided to track down her father. She bid Dervisar goodbye and began her journey to skyrim.

After a week of travelling she had finally made it to the border. She spotted some nords (which she despised) she drew her sword and readied to attack. Just before she could attack she was knocked unconscious, and woke up in a wagon with her most despised people..nords.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:56 pm 
Layman
Layman

Fernia sat in the carriage with the three nords, as she sat there she thought about how satisfying it would be to drive a blade through their chests.

She sat there not moving or making a sound till the carriage came to a stop. She noticed an executioner & thought to herself "Good these filthy nords will get what's coming to 'em." Fernia was called forward and pleaded that she wasn't with these nords. But it seemed to her the gods had another thing in mind for her.

As she stood there, the 1st nord approached the chopping block. Fernia let out a large laugh as the nord's head fell from his body. Suddenly all hell broke loose as bodies and fire fell around her.

Fernia ran through the chaos and was imposed with a choice. "go with the filthy nord, or with the guy who couldn't help me" she thought. after a minute the choice was clear. She ran after the nord, even though she regretted the decision, she had the intention of questioning him after this whole mess was over.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:07 pm 
Layman
Layman

When fernia & ralof escaped helgen he told her to go meet his sister, "great more nords.." fernia thought. She then questioned ralof about any info he would have regarding a man by her father's description.

"i don't know any man by that description, maybe the townsfolk know him" ralof said. After that Fernia was off towards the small village. Along the way she heard faint singing. As she crept closer to the sound's origin, she saw an orc. She ran up to the orc hoping to get some answers from him. But as she drew closer to him, he attacked and she had no choice but to slay him.

She then saw a door that led into the mine the orc was guarding. she entered in hopes of finding answers or treasure.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:23 pm 
Novice
Novice

Platform: XBox 360
crap, I forgot to update, my shady dude died a while back:

RIP Blackpaw Gary. Face beaten in with magic fists.

Totally my fault, could have easily avoided this with a few health potions. Underestimated the dude in the ratway with the hand to hand enchanted gloves. Had him down to a weeeeee bit of health, but I'm not used to master difficulty, so he managed to kill me before I killed him.

I suck at DID

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:43 am 
Novice
Novice

[quote="Herg"]Fernia sat in the carriage with the three nords, as she sat there she thought about how satisfying it would be to drive a blade through their chests.

That's pleasant ;P
I want to get to this soon. I just can't find the time... Plus I want to finish up my thief character, which I will soon, then make Mage and warrior characters but not train them to the extent of my thief yet. Also, anyone recommend the main quest line? My thief character is thieves guild/ dark brotherhood so I figured it would be inappropriate to do the main quest on him for role playing reasons. When I make my DID, it will be some kind of warrior, I can guarantee you that.Soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:53 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyim, Morrowind, Oblivion
ok with the help of shu and a few others i have made a god of war build, obviously this PC name will be kratos and here it is:
Skills:light armor, one handed, destruction (support skill), alteration (support skill because i'll be wearing literally no helmet and light armor)
Weapons: daedric swords
Armor: fur, then hide, then scaled(no helmet)
race: nord
i expect this character to die fast but i'll keep my hopes up

To denounce the evils of truth and love.
Until our post count reaches the stars above.

Spoiler:
Musicman247 wrote:
I don't suck, I blow.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:24 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

My character got stopped in the middle of the imperial questline by a glitch, so I'm too angry to continue with him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next