UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:18 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Skyrim: Dead is Dead Thread
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:50 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360
UESPoints: 0
I predict 2.5 seconds

Post subject: Re: Dardiinokus
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:29 pm 
The New Number Two
The New Number Two

ES Games: Mw, Ob, Sk
UESPoints: 1
tatortodd22 wrote:
Race: Male Breton
Class: Necro-Knight
Major Skills: Conjuration, One-handed, Heavy Armor, Restoration
Minor Skills: Smithing, Enchanting, maybe Two-handed

I can't wait.

sounds like the right kind of character for one of those glowing weapons, or the ghostblade

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Ghostblade#Ghostblade

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:19 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC, Xbox 360
poothoottoot wrote:
I predict 2.5 seconds

Close, took a stormcloak warhammer to the back of the head on the way out of Helgen >.>

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:15 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion , Skyrim
Platform: PC, PS3
Hevnoraaks Story, his way to Glory, Power and Revenge continues.
Though I think he will die by a Dungeon Boss, who are always a little too OP in comparison to everybody else. And in the first attempt you never know their damageoutput and health, so the chances of sudden death are.. lets say about 100%?

Chapter 3 Capable of nothing
Spoiler:
Hevnoraak couldn't remember anything of before the Dragonborn entered Valthume. He knew who he was and what happened since his guest entered the halls to stay there forever, but his knowledge and his past was lost.

As he arrived in Whiterun, most of those useless mortals still had the nicest dreams.
With all of his loot he headed for the inn, closed the door to his room, sat down and sorted his loot.
Armor, most of it hide. One or two Iron cuirasses. A new Warhammer to crush human skulls with. A few potions, gems. 44 Iron ore.
Some books. And then he saw it - a spell tome.

"Transmute" - the ability to transform Iron ore into silver, and silver ore into gold.
He grabbed the book immediatly, opened it and started reading. When he finally closed the book, he raised his right hand, touched some iron ore and casted the spell.
It worked. The rest of the morning was spent by transmuting iron into silver, and then silver into gold ore.
After smelting the ore and smithing the ingots to something, he had 44 rings, a lot of money if he sold them all. But he had better plans. If there just would be some kind of enchanter nearby.

Asking the locals for advice revealed that they hated magic, and that there was one single mage in the palace, Dragonsreach.
As he entered the rulers throneroom he was greeted by the sound of rubbing steel and the sight of an armed darkelven woman.
It was hard not to laugh, but he knew that trying to disarm her with a single movement would result in nothing - he couldn't cast such spells in this poor condition.
Anger grew in him, who was she to pull a sword in his presence? If he just could unleash his real powers, the whole city would be ravaged by a firestorm no dragon could cause.

to be continued soon.

Last edited by Voice of the North on Thu May 03, 2012 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:54 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Skyrim
Platform: PS3
I joined the forums just for this thread. After many, many hours of playing and quite a few diverse characters the DiD has made it an entirely new game for me. Tons of fun, tense, story driven, and cool. My first attempt at this is as follows:

**His Story Will Have Spoilers**
Name: Mustafa
Race: Redguard
Major Skills: One Handed (Dual), Archery, Light Armor, and Smithing
Minor Skills: Restoration and ???
Goals: Avoid the War and the Authorities, Explore Skyrim and Find a Way to Return to Hammerfell wealthy and powerful.
Restrictions: No Fast Travel, No Waiting, Eat and Sleep, Dead is Dead

Spoiler:
Mustafa was a orphaned laborer in his homeland and was detained while taking his masters horse to a settlement near the Skyrim border. It soon became clear that the Imperial in charge wanted to steal his masters horse and he was sent to the chopping blocks. In Helgen, the fire and sorrow that followed he only remembered the friendly face of Hadvar, so with nothing but a fledgling friendship he headed off toward Riverwood. He was welcomed into the home of Alvor the Smith and was relieved that politics and bigotry did not exist in his house. He cooked for the family and stayed the night there.

When out hunting at dawn on day 2, Mustafa was attacked by two Dunmer in black robes. He had never seen magic and as the sorcery laced frost threatened to kill him his fear turned into adrenaline. His newly purchased steel sword and dagger flashed into his hands and through the robes of his enemies in time to save him. He cast their bodies into the White River and stumbled back to Riverwood thinking how lawless but beautiful Skyrim is. (Level 4 so far!!)

Post subject: Re: Dardiinokus
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:24 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Mattbott wrote:
tatortodd22 wrote:
Race: Male Breton
Class: Necro-Knight
Major Skills: Conjuration, One-handed, Heavy Armor, Restoration
Minor Skills: Smithing, Enchanting, maybe Two-handed

I can't wait.

sounds like the right kind of character for one of those glowing weapons, or the ghostblade

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Ghostblade#Ghostblade

Well right now I'm using maces. Comes from his extensive history as a former paladin. he still uses those restoration powers on the undead etc. But I'll switch to bound sword with mystic binding or one of the weapons you mentioned after some progress.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:24 pm 
Associate
Associate

Mustafa update!

Spoiler:
He has spent a week hunting the White River valley with his new friend Faendal, and has learned many things about Archery from the wood elf in the process. Together they retrieved Lucan's claw for him and discovered quite a few mysteries as well. When they returned to Riverwood, Mustafa swore to Alvor to take the warning message to the Jarl of Whiterun. He left before dawn the following day, loaded with supplies and more gold than he had ever had before. Faendal could not be found, so he traveled down the hill toward Whiterun alone.

The joys of the Honningbrew meadery helped to lighten his pockets of gold and when he stumbled down the road in the early morning hours he swore he saw a giant... then is dreams came true... he saw his horse. He trades nearly all of his hard earned gold for the very black mare that was stolen from him a few weeks earlier. With his horse under him he turns from the gates of Whiterun and heads off down to road toward where Valthiem towers and the leader of the bandits that have been haunting him since coming to Skyrim.

(Level 10 now, upped the difficulty to Expert)

My wife started a DiD character too, an Imperial swordswoman who made a quick run to Whiterun... I'll try to keep her story updated too. Mustafa will start taking more risks now... :Twisted Evil:

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:36 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

Chapter 4 - Shattered Memories
Spoiler:
The odds required him to play nice, so he did. "I have news from Helgen" he spoke, hoping this reason would be good enough to speak with the jarl.
The Ruler seemed very interested, and so he was "allowed" to report the news directly to him.
Hevnoraak gave them some informations, telling them that there was a dragon, but neither who the dragon was, nor who summoned him.
After discussing how to protect the city, the jarl gave him a little reward and offered him work. Again, the odds required him to accept any work that was possible, so there was no choice but to help the weaklings.

Farengar Secret-Fire, Jarl Balgruufs "Mage" - Hevnoraak considered that title misleading - told the dragonpriest to find the dragonstone, an ancient relict burried in Bleak Falls Barrows. He needed that for his "Dragon Research". Ignoring his pride, he bought some spells from the selfclaimed mage, and agreed to the work.
He spoke to the Jarl again, telling him that the troublemakers in Halted Stream Camp were dead.
His reward was poor, and if he wasn't so weak Hevnoraak would need all of his selfcontrol to not burn down the entire city.

When he got up the next morning, he felt the curse of mortality - his bones and muscles hurted, his head was empty of thougts and full of them at the same time.
He gave his best to ignore that, and so it only took him about one hour to reach the mountain path to Bleak Falls Barrows.
When he walked up the road, trying to see through the cold, foggy air he was accompanied by a somehow familar, but unsettling feeling all the time.

to be continued.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:31 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Arena, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360 (no longer), PC
QUESTION: What are we working towards? Just see how long we can stay alive? Beat the main story? Beat all the guilds? Hit 81?

Favorite TES Race: Nords
Favorite TES Playstyle: Depends
Favorite TES Game: Skyrim
Favorite Weapon Type: Axes
Favorite Magic Type: Paralyze

Spoiler:
Im on your forums, spoilin' your games.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:53 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary
Frogmander wrote:
QUESTION: What are we working towards? Just see how long we can stay alive? Beat the main story? Beat all the guilds? Hit 81?

After playing 1000+ hours of Skyrim, you realize it's not about the destination...

It's.....the glitches you find in the woods. No but seriously its the journey. Its to do whatever we want and if we die? We die.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:12 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion & Skyrim
Platform: PC
This caught my eye and I decided to do it. I just created the character and figured I'd go ahead and post his intro here. I'm using the Live Another Life mod (I hope that's okay) and chose the shipwrecked starting-point.

My character is Eldvaar, an altmer rogue. A life long criminal, he was forced to flee Cyrodiil recently after murdering a guard in the Imperial City. The guard spotted Eldvaar exiting Red Diamond Jewelry after stealing several items of value. Knowing he couldn't stay in Cyrodiil, he took a lowly job on the Skinny Horker which at the time was departing to return to Skyrim. Near completion of the journey, Eldvaar bumped into a young nord whom recognized Eldvaar from a wanted poster. The nord informed the captain and the crew attempted to over-power and restrain Altan. He would have none of this and resisted. During the struggle the ship ran aground not far from the shore on an ice-plate which caused the ship to sink. The crew was small and none survived Eldvaar's rampage and the crash.

Thus Eldvaar has an opportunity to begin a new life, unknown in the province of Skyrim. Knowing he cannot use his true name, he has decided instead to call himself Altan in honor of the villain from a story his father used to tell.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:16 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have decided to write the remained of my entries about Altan/Eldvaar in journal form.

18th of Last Seed, Windhelm

Two days have passed since that Gods forsaken ship The Horker capsized. In that time, I have begun life anew here in the frozen land of the nords. After collecting what I could from the corpses aboard the ship I swam for shore. Fortunately we crashed not far from what's left of Winterhold. I made my way to that tiny little town and using what money I had scavenged from the crew I rented a room at the local inn and slept until well after nightfall. Upon waking, I found all the residents of town (which there were only about six) were gathered at the inn's pub. This was most fortunate. I took to the streets and found one strange, little shop referred to as Birna's Oddments. There wasn't much in the shop but it was enough to make me road-ready. I fled directly upon exiting the shop, and headed for Windhelm as I heard one of the guards mention some Arventino boy attempting to contact the Dark Brotherhood. I don't know if this lead will go anywhere, but hopefully it'll put me in touch with the for-profit assassins themselves... That's a line of work I could find interesting...

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:36 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: TESI: Arena, TESIII: Morrowind GOTY, TESIV: Oblivion GOTY & TESV: Skyrim
Platform: PC(I/III/IV/V) & PS3(IV/V)
Frogmander wrote:

I usually start a character with a goal in mind - Like my Dunmer was a "Relic Hunter" which meant, I wanted to try and find all the unique objects in the game, so like rewards and daedric artefacts. Or I'd just aim to finish a story Arc like the Dark Brotherhood with my Bosmer.

And If I DO complete my goal with that character, then I guess I'll just "retire" the character and never play them again, pretend they lived happily ever after - Maybe have them play through any expansions if it suits their character until they die.

Unfortunately, my characters seem to be living shorter and shorter each time I play... I hope to break the cycle soon!

Skyrim Favourites
Town: Riften
Character: Cicero
Faction: Dark Brotherhood

Oblivion Favourites
Town: Cheydinhal
Character: Adoring Fan
Faction: Dark Brotherhood
Image & Image

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:27 pm 
Associate
Associate

Mustafa has fallen... :cry:

Spoiler:
Grudgingly facing his destiny Mustafa goes to face the Dragon that has been terrorizing the area around Northwind Summit. His knowledge of hunting and archery put him behind the great beast on a ridge and in perfect position as it slept. His first arrow strikes directly into the flank of the beast sending him howling into the air. The Dragon quickly spots Mustafa and his mount as they scamper down the rock face toward the ruined buildings below... and cover. The Dragon is too quick and just as Mustafa raises his shield his body is snapped up into the jaws of the beast and he is thrown from the Summit like a childs toy, his lifeless carcass lands in the river far below... a few days later a Forsword scout wonders how a Redguard ended up here... RIP Mustafa, Level 11, Bought a horse then bought the farm.

Starting over, brainstorming a challenging roleplay to try this time around. Fun stuff, love reading the updates all.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 4:24 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Alrighty then. Decided to post here.

Name: Timmy.
Race: Imperial.
Main Skills: Two-Handed, Heavy Armour, Smthing, Restoration and Speech.
Goals: Roleplaying an adventurer/ Legionnaire, while staying alive and strong for as long as possible.
Backstory: An Imperial from Cheydinhal, he heard about the Civil War in Skyrim and decided to join up as a fighter for the Legion.Crossing over into Skyrim, however, he was caught by a Legion ambush, and taken to Helgen for execution.

Three does not equal three.
-unknown Redditor.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 4:40 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
UESPoints: 14
I haven't decided on a set future for this character, so I'll put him here.

Name: Jamal
Race: Redguard
Style: Spellsword
Main Skills: Destruction, One-Handed, Sneak
He has joined the College of Winterhold but wants to see more of the world before continuing his "studies" (the questline). He has so far survived many close calls without a single death and is currently Level 8. We'll see how far he can go.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:24 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
Platform: PS3 (Oblivion, Skyrim) PC (Skyrim)
I'm still surprised that my first DiD character hasn't died yet. He is level 33ish and I play on master difficulty. Guess its because I have 100 sneak...

Spoiler:
so i herd u liek patapon...

wabbajack wabbajack wabbajack wabbajack

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:06 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

RIP Timmy. Died over a 5 gold bounty, because the Solitude guards wouldn't accept my yield. :cry:

New character:

Name: Daedran
Race: Dunmer
Major Skills: Heavy Armour, One-Handed, Restoration, Destruction.
Backstory: A long-time bounty hunter in Morrowind, during the Red Year he boarded a ship bound for Solitude. The ship crashed, freezing Deadran in a glacier north of skyrim. He slowly drifted down into Skyrim, until he thawed just north of an Imperial ambush on some Stormcloaks. He decided to see what the clamour was, and was caught alongside the Stormcloaks.

Three does not equal three.
-unknown Redditor.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:16 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion 5th anniversary KOTN SI, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360
Havnak
Level 18
Nord Warrior
Date of Death: 1st of Last Seed, 4th Era 201
Cause of Death: Otar the Mad, Dragon Priest.

It was almost over. The second to final Dragon Priest, Otar the Mad of Ragnvald. Havnak had fought his way there bearing his trusty Dwarven Sword, fighting through each enemy with a vengeance. He knew it was his destiny to abolish these terrible menaces to Oblivion. He would purge the Dragon Priests from Skyrim. Fighting like the true Dragonborn, he hacked and slashed his way to Otar himself. But then, the Dragon Priest reached out his bony hands, and tendrils of Lightning filled the musty air. Havnak felt a pain like no other go through him, coursing like molten fire. He kept on fighting. Every slash, every hack was given forth in the fury of destiny. But in the end, Havnak, son of Bothfar, descendant of Ufgrab the warrior, fell in combat. The lightning of Otar jumped and bound all over Havnak's broken body. Havnak let out a last scream, a final slash-
but then, it was all over.

He died with a dwarven sword and bearing 2000 in Gold. He was a member of the Companions, and is survived by his wife.

R.I.P. Havnak The Great

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:27 am 
Initiate
Initiate

How ironic, the guy above me died of a dragonpriest and here I post my stories from Dragon-priest roleplaying :P
What we're working towards? destination anywhere, I'd say.
But in the end we are all working towards a honorable, er.. horrible death.

Chapter 4 Shattered Memories, Part 2
Spoiler:
On his way he found a tower full of bandits, and the bandits found death when his lightning bolt stopped their hearts from beating.
After looting the tower and going even further up the mountain, he finally saw it.
The Old Structure still looked beautiful, but terrifying and dangerous as well.

And then he heard it - familar but unexpected.
"Don't forget. You mustn't forget it. You'll need it. Your way to power lies ahead, go on."
That voice was his, but not that of this body. He was here before.
The ruins were almost empty, just a few weak bandits that had to be killed, or killed themselves with traps.
It was easy to reach the catacombs door, but when he wanted to open it he heard the voice again, his own voice.
"Almost there. The dead roam this place. You must find it! Climb the Overlords throne, and get your revenge. My revenge."
It was like an echo of the past, but he knew it was talking to him, here and now.

Descending deeper into the ruins, the place started to fill with spider webbings. When he arrived in a big hall the monster and its prey - a dunmer, caught in the spiders lair - made their presence known.
The giant spider was though, but no match for him.
After cutting down and killing the man, he took a golden claw from his body. "Good, you'll need that." he heard himself say.
The dead in the catacombs were not really dead, but he took care of that. It didn't even shock him, the dragonpriest knew they were there, somehow.
And then he finally reached it - the Sanctuary.
A big chamber, light falling through a hole in the ceiling onto a coffin. Behind the coffin, a big wall with carvings in it.

"It is here. And the power you can access with it lies right next to it. Claim it, and use it."
He walked up the steps, the stone wall called for him. And when he reached it, the power that was shining from the wall went right into him.
And he remembered. This was a Word Wall, built to contain the ancient power of the thuum - and the power was now his.

He was disturbed by a noise behind him. The guardian of this place was ready to defend it, but the Dragonborn was ready to cut him in pieces.
After a short fight the draugr was dead, and the axe he wileded was now Hevnoraaks.
Finishing his thougts, he decided to use his power - FUS! he shouted, using the word that he learned, that was buried in his brain.
"Fool! You'll need more to do that. Use the Dragonstone. And don't die."

That was enough for the day, it was time to head back to Whiterun. Leaving the Dungeon through a secret exit and heading for Riverwood, he planned to return to whiterun tomorrow.

I had a very close bug-call today.
I killed one draugr with my spells, switched to my battleaxe - and I just couldn't unsheathe the axe!
So I switched back, and the spell-wielding animation came up, but no spell was loaded!
The draugr came down the stairs and I thought thats it. The brilliant idea I had in that moment saved my life^^
I still was able to shout, and so I tried to use my battlecry at a lantern that was sitting above some oil.
It worked. The draugr walked right into it, and the lantern fell down, killing both^^
After saving and loading again the bug was gone, my spells were loaded..

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:54 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I didn't get a chance to post about Altan as much as I would've liked, I haven't been able to play much. He died last night after stealing some steel ingots from Hadvar. Hadvar didn't take catching that too well and neither did the guards. I made a run for the bridge and ended up floating down-stream as a lifeless husk.

New character time!

Name: Asmund
Build: A skirmisher/Archer with a little sneak mixed in. Light armor, dual axes and a bow.
History: Asmund's father was a soldier in the Great War. One night his father's camp was attacked by Thalmor agents. His father was reported dead but no proof was ever given. Asmund's mother suspected his father had been taken hostage. As a result of his disappearance in the Great War, Asmund has only vague childhood memories of his father. His mother died shortly before his seventh birthday from a rare case of Ataxia, thus Asmund's seventh birthday was spent in the infamous Honorhall Orphanage. Somewhere around his sixteenth year, Asmund escaped from Honorhall and went into the wilds. He has spent time with bandits surviving in a brutal lifestyle. He holds no allegiance to any man save himself. He does however, support the Stormcloak Rebellion due to the Elves involvement in his father's "death" and his stance as a worshiper of Talos.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:52 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm almost embarrassed to post this, but I agreed to do so.

Asmund has already met his fate. Nothing glorious, I just jumped into a river thinking the water was deep enough to catch me. It wasn't.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:54 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
UESPoints: 14
Isn't the point of Dead is Dead not to make ill-advised decisions? :lol:

In other news, Jamal is still alive and well.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:31 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

You would think ill-informed decisions would not take place less frequently but... I was sure that water was deep enough.

I think I'll do this one more time and if it fails unreasonably quickly, I'll hone my skills.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:19 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC and PS3
BladeWalker wrote:
Mustafa has fallen... :cry:

Spoiler:
Grudgingly facing his destiny Mustafa goes to face the Dragon that has been terrorizing the area around Northwind Summit. His knowledge of hunting and archery put him behind the great beast on a ridge and in perfect position as it slept. His first arrow strikes directly into the flank of the beast sending him howling into the air. The Dragon quickly spots Mustafa and his mount as they scamper down the rock face toward the ruined buildings below... and cover. The Dragon is too quick and just as Mustafa raises his shield his body is snapped up into the jaws of the beast and he is thrown from the Summit like a childs toy, his lifeless carcass lands in the river far below... a few days later a Forsword scout wonders how a Redguard ended up here... RIP Mustafa, Level 11, Bought a horse then bought the farm.

Starting over, brainstorming a challenging roleplay to try this time around. Fun stuff, love reading the updates all.

I actually enjoyed reading this one, I mean it was only brief but was interesting.

Ganit wrote:
You would think ill-informed decisions would not take place less frequently but... I was sure that water was deep enough.

I think I'll do this one more time and if it fails unreasonably quickly, I'll hone my skills.

This one made me laugh. I haven't played DiD yet, but I HAVE jumped into water and died, thinking it was deeper. I laughed then too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21  Next