UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 4:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Skyrim: Dead is Dead Thread
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:00 am 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, Xbox
Other Profiles: Creator Of All (Xbox)
UESPoints: 0
This seems like quite an awesome idea, I'm gonna join in too. (I enjoyed reading about your characters too, Union.)

I somehow feel that if the mods were all gods.. Believe would surely be the God of Awesome and Booze

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:29 pm 
Champion
Champion

@Valus: Mortal Kombat meets Skyrim? That should be awesome!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:03 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, Xbox 360, PC
Red Guardian wrote:
@Valus: Mortal Kombat meets Skyrim? That should be awesome!

Oh yeah, this has been my dream for years. Like, what if Shao Kahn wanted to invade Mundus and Tamriel and had to hold a Mortal Kombat tournament? But it would be a huge lore-breaker, though.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:28 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: All of 'Em
Platform: PS4, PC
Other Profiles: PSN: Unionhack, Steam: Unionhack
UESPoints: 13
Believe wrote:
This seems like quite an awesome idea, I'm gonna join in too. (I enjoyed reading about your characters too, Union.)

Thank you, sir!

I haven't touched Krahzuntafiir much thanks to the ME3 demo. Might as well, now.

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:45 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games: I, II, III, IV, V. Once I caught a fish alive.
Platform: PC & Playstation
UESPoints: 20
I'll make another Ironman character for Skyrim. I'm thinking Dunmer. Not sure of sex, age and backround yet.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:48 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
Platform: PS3 (Oblivion, Skyrim) PC (Skyrim)
SCAR-EYE

Y U NO DIE.

He is level 28 or 29, can't remember which at the moment. Completed DB and Thieves guild.

Oh, and shadow warrior perk is really, really over-powered.

Spoiler:
so i herd u liek patapon...

wabbajack wabbajack wabbajack wabbajack

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:08 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I'm not sure if this counts, but I actually have a Nord warrior at level 18 who has yet to die.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:45 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

Name:Jiub the Third
Race:Dunmer
Sex:Male
Backround: His grandfather became a saint for driving the Cliff Racers from Morrowind. Jiub had a son who then also had a son. Jiub III lived in Cheydinhal. Jiub III had a daughter who married an Ohmes merchant and moved to Elsweyr with him. Now in his last few years Jiub III has decided to see the world before he passes on. On his way into Skyrim he was caught in a trap set for Stormcloaks and taken to be executed.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:17 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: All of 'Em
Platform: PS4, PC
Other Profiles: PSN: Unionhack, Steam: Unionhack
UESPoints: 13
Gideon Dragontongue wrote:
I'm not sure if this counts, but I actually have a Nord warrior at level 18 who has yet to die.

You can make him into a DiD charrie if you want. Just remember that dead is dead.

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:21 pm 
Master
Master

ES Games: IV: GOTY, V: DG, HF, DB
Platform: PC (IV, V) & PS3 (V)
I think I may make one . . . but I get too attached to my characters. |D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:06 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

The Misadventures of Jiub the Third

Jiub only just escaped being executed when a dragon attacked Helgen. He escaped with an Hadvar an imperial soilder as he doesn't trust the Stormcloaks who he heard hated his kind. At the moment he wears imperial armour and uses an iron sword with a shock spell. He followed Hadvar to the village of Riverwood and activated the warrior standing stone along the way.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:08 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, Xbox 360, PC
Well, here's how things are going so far with Quan Chi,
Just to make things more interesting, I am playing on Expert and I will never fast-travel.

Spoiler:
Quan Chi continued north after ditching Ralof. He encountered many wolves which he burned to a crisp with his flame spell. Near Whiterun, he came across a small bandit den. The bandits were no match for Quan Chi as he killed them and looted their armor and weapons and stole a nearby carriage horse and carried on towards the mountains. The snow was getting dense and vision became unclear. Suddenly, he found himself falling. His horse hit the ground hard and collapsed, sending Quan Chi tumbling down the side of the mountain. Suprised to find himself alive, he mustered enough strength to arise. He had just barely survived the drop. After healing his wounds with a spell, he noticed a snowy fort in the distance and made his way towards it. Once Quan Chi approached the stone walls of the fort, he heard faint shouting from within. It sounded like the current occupants didn't take kindly to visitors and it wasn't long until Quan Chi heard arrows whizzing by his head. He quickly took cover, but one of the bandits was coming at him with an axe. Quan Chi gave him a taste of elemental fire, and the bandit fell. Quan Chi unsheathed his blades and charged at the other bandits. He dodged their arrows rather skillfully, and slashed them all to pieces. He relieved the corpses of their valubles and cautiously entered the door on the upper level. Once inside, he heard some muttering coming from the other room, and swiftly ducked down and moved slowly to avoid detection, but Quan Chi was no stealthy assassin, and the voice in the other room quickly became aware of a presence and Quan Chi heard something that sounded like a very large weapon being unsheathed. Before long, Quan Chi found himself a few feet in front of an angry Orc with a big axe. A bit startled, Quan Chi unleashed flame upon his attacker, yet it seemed to have little effect. Before the Orc could bring his axe down on the intruder, Quan Chi hurriedly went out the door he came in. He waited outside, expecting the Orc to come after him...but the door remained closed. Quan Chi slowly came towards the door and entered it again, hoping he wouldn't regret his decision. Upon entering, the raging Orc swung his axe at Quan Chi, but missed and hit the wall. Quan Chi dashed to the other side of the room and summoned a wolf behind the Orc. The Orc turned to face the ghostly beast and Quan Chi unsheathed his swords and charged at the Orc's back and began to sliced him up. Quan Chi ultimately bested the Orc and he wondered how many times he will have to escape death in one day. He found a key on the Orc's body and did remember seeing another door on the ground level.
He found that the other door was indeed locked and they key he found opened it. Inside the door was a dark, dusty cave with sounds of metal hitting rocks and echoing voices. More bandits, as Quan Chi suspected, he didn't waste any time trying to sneak up on them and swiftly dealt with the first bandit he saw. There were only a few bandits working in the mine, all of them not landing more than a single hit on Quan Chi before meeting their demise. Quan Chi had a look at what they were all mining and found an large deposit of iron ore veins. He picked up a couple pickaxes and in a matter of hours the mine was cleared out of iron. Quan Chi left the fort carrying about 40 chunks of iron ore. Once again, Quan Chi continued north, not sure of what he'll find.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:42 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Platform: Xbox 360
I'm considering making another character, this one named Talis Rothalnim, a Dunmer attempting to escape justice by fleeing to Skyrim. He's mostly an excuse to do the 'dark side' quests.
I think I'll focus on Alchemy, Sneak, Light Armor and either Archery or One-Handed with him.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:13 am 
Guardian
Guardian

Ok, finally started a game for the DiD thread.

Name: Kalthiss
Race: Argonian
Playstyle: Pretty much an assassin type: sneak, archery bits and pieces of each magic school...

I don't really think I'll catalogue his adventures like msot of the rest of you guys, I'll just update what he's done very now and then.

Escaped Helgen with Ralof, simply cos Imperials drop better loot
Ran to Riverwood, unloaded everything, robbed Faendal blind
Clearing Embershard Mine with his Imperial bow, Imperial sword and Flames.
(Made an awesome long distance sneak attack with his bow, fired across the biggets cavern in the mine, and nailed a headshot. Fluke yes, but still awesome.)

Edit:

Well, Kalthiss had his first run-in with trouble. Not realising that Lucan Valentus is some sort of Godlike being, Kalthiss tried to murder the siblings, and rob their store. Only for Lucan to get up and chase him outside, bringing the rest of Riverwood with him. Kalthiss only survived by leaping off a bridge into the river, and letting it carry him over the waterfalls. What trouble can he find next?

I somehow feel that if the mods were all gods.. Believe would surely be the God of Awesome and Booze

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:23 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
Andaryn is continuing his journey and already finds his duty as an agent of the Dominion very much in need.
Level 3

Spoiler:
"Leave them for the wolves. It's all they deserve"

Andaryn found himself talking out loud. After everything he had been through he was amazed at how he had still had the strength to wield a shovel. Skyrim was so unlike Valenwood. Dogs, bears, snow, pine trees, mead. Centaurs, carniverous flowers, oaks and fermented pig milk are what reminded Andaryn of home. But even the soil was different. The cold hardened it and made it so difficult to penetrate. But he had to keep at it. After much toil, he had a hole large enough for the dedicated footsoldier.

Sanyon had apparently not seen fit to go himself, and sent an underling instead. The note Andaryn found on the body indicated that much. The mer had done his duty. Outnumbered four to one, he had taken out the heretical Talos worshippers as they engaged in their illegal devotions.

Andaryn found it incomprehensible that these Nords venerated Tiber Septim above all others. A mortal who had attacked every neutral nation in Tamriel without provocation and was a mass murderer. A man who had massacred thousands and flattened cities, out of nothing more than an egomaniacal desire to conquer and subjugate all around him. And they worshiped him! Heretics! Behind the mask of their religious devotion they were most certainly wishing for a renewed empire which would continue to extort the nations of mer with their tithes, humiliate our leaders through ceremonies of homage and emasculate our once proud armies so that we are left weak and unprepared like during the Pyandonean attack and the Oblivion Crisis. Even had he the strength for it, Andaryn would not have bothered to dig graves for the four heretics.

The shock marks clearly showed how the Altmer agent had taken down his four foes, but judging by the lasceration on his thigh he was not quick enough. He had bled to death, right in front of a statue of Talos, likely having used up all his magicka killing the heretics with not enough to even close his wound and save himself. The Dominion could not be shown as committing summary executions, so Andaryn knew he would have to dispose of the body. The salted beef and and heavy Jerall bread was the last thing he had eaten. That must have been two days ago. The Cyrodiils had not bothered to feed any of the prisoners after their capture. That would have been a waste, considering what the general had intended for all those taken prisoner. Andaryn was exhausted from over exertion and lack of food. But at last the grave was large enough. Dumping the body of the mer inside, he began to pile the dirt back in. In the distance he saw the mill of Riverwood. Food, sleep, drink, rest, information.... all so near.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:55 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

Companions spoilers.

The Misadventures of Jiub the Third

Jiub took up a request of a local shop keeper to get his stolen golden claw back. So Juib did just that, in the ruins he found a dragonstone and a wall where something strange happened as he looked at it. After returing the claw he traveled to Whiterun. Outside he met a goup of Companions who told them he should join their group. So he went and made some steel armour and joined up. He did some quests for them and then went with Farkas his "Shield-Brother" to prove himself. Jiub never thought he would be accepted at his age but the leader saw something in him. Then at his proving something happened as Jiub and Farkas searched for a fragment of Wuuthrad, Ysgramor's the founder of the companions weapon. They were attacked by a group called the silver hand and Farkas transformed into a werewolf before Jiub's eyes....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:31 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Talis' first day went well.
Immediately after escaping Helgen, he left Hadvar and explored the wilderness. Soon, he found a cabin in the woods, isolated, and inhabited by only an old woman.
His attempt at stealthy assasination went poorly, but shortly afterwards her body was burning in the bushes and he had a new base of operations.
He was thrilled to discover that his new cabin had a basement with an Alchemy Table in it, and spent some time experimenting with her ingredients. Finally, he set off for Whiterun, completely ignoring the small town he passed on the way.
He reached the city at dusk, and persuaded the guards to let him in. Once there, he found the potion shop and helped himself to many of the potions and ingredients lying around. After that, he decided it was late enough and went in search of a room.
That was when he found Jenassa.
At first, he didn't believe she was real. One of his own species, who felt the same way he did about blood and death... She even put those feelings into the words he had always been unable to find. It seemed impossible.
As soon as he had taken it in, he vowed that he would raise enough gold for her to fight by his side.
The next day he set out for Windhelm, seeking coin. It didn't take very long to find. By midmorning, he was back in the city with a load of armor, which sold for enough that he could hire Jenassa. And so he set out again, this time with a companion.

They reached Windhelm by sunset, and once there, began hearing rumors about the Black Sacrement. Talis had been planning on contacting the Dark Brotherhood eventually anyway, and this seemed as good an opportunity as any. After talking to the boy and spending the night in the inn, they set out for Riften, where the target lived.
Riften was easy enough to find. As was the target.
This stealthy assasination went slightly better.
And as he left the city, a shady individual aproached him, offering an opportunity to earn coin. The task sounded easy enough, and Talis was more than willing to try...

And that's it for today. Talis developed a surprising amount of personality over the first couple hours of play. He's now almost obsessed with potions, and half in love with Jenassa. I have a feeling that this is going to lead interesting places...
I won't go into detail about any of the actual quests in the Dark Brother or Theive's Guild, just hint at them strongly enough to clue in anyone who's done them. Probably. Assuming Talis lasts any longer that Korzahk. Right now he's level 4, so that's good. Gives me some amount of hope.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:22 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Start of new character - what an awesome idea! Ill be playing on default difficulty

Inwold Poons, brenton beggar extraordinaire. A life in High Rock under the foot of a rival family lent Inwold an interest in furthering himself by unconventional means. Subterfuge and cunning have helped him live beyond his means by producing and procuring above the law. Inwold is no fighter, though. With so many skeletons in his closet, Inwold isn't sure who it was that attacked and sent him to Skyrim. At any rate, the blow he took to the head was so great that his speechcraft failed in saving him from a patrol of over entitled Imperials.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:06 pm 
Champion
Champion

Tarquin Dynatus' character sounds awesome.

I made 2 Thalmor-like Altmers before but couldn't play properly with them. For example, I got out of Helgen with Hadvar because Imperials and the Thalmor don't really mess with each other "anymore" and then planned to attack Hadvar on the way out. Thing is, he became aggresive to the max and when I ran away to Riverwood everyone there was hostile too. Ruined my playthrough!

Couldn't really find a way to roleplay as one. Became a member of the College but it didn't felt right or interesting...

I'll have an eye for your character's story and will try to grab many things of it to make a Thalmor playthrough more enjoyable, is that ok?

Believe's character is kinda funny :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:28 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
R.I.P
Rumkak
17th of Last Seed 4E201 - 1st of Heartfire 4E201
Orc, level 5, Very aggressive.
Killed while trying to escape the Dragonsreach Dungeon with a total lifetime bounty of over 5000 gold.
Only survived as long as he did due to the amount of time spent in jails.
Was carrying only rags when he was killed.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:08 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Arena, Redguard, Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
I saw this like a week ago and was like "Sure I'll do it."

Haahhaaa.

RIP Mae Valintori, squishy breton mage, adept difficulty, level six.
Got impaled by a big orc man.

RIP Aerius Vinkilus (Pronounced WIN-KILL-US), level 12 Imperial battlemage, adept
Ran out of magicka and took to long to change weapon.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:07 am 
Guardian
Guardian

Kalthiss is still going strong, spent 5 days in jail, and has paid off 310 gold worth of bounties (Mostly from forgetting he had Ataxia, and failing to pickpocket people)

Although he did manage to escape from from Dragonsreach Dungeon, and took off to Riften to attempt to join the Thieves Guild, where he promptly failed their test (Which I didn't know you could do :? ) and was sent to Riften prison.

He's been clean for around about 2 days now, and in that time he murdered the Head Mistress of an Orphanage in Riften, enlisted an Imperial Patrol to help him clear some bandit fort, then turned around and killed the Imperials... Oh and he slaughtered a watchtower full of Riften guards. Just cos.

He now plans to go back to Whiterun, and take his revenge on all the people who guarded their valuables too well before.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:02 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Well, Inwold Poons escaped from Helgen alive with Ralof. Combat with weapons instead of words is a new concept to Poons, and he hasn't found yet if it's better to hold a shield or two Imperial swords. He's learning quickly, as Ralof, Poons' familiar and Poons himself easily defeated a bear that had taken refuge beneath Helgen. He was afraid that would be the end of his time in Skyrim, but it looks like it'll be some time yet before Inwold Poons is as dead as dead.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:51 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Sheezara is an Argonian who originates from Blackmarsh. In 4E 198, Sheezara escapes from a prison in Blackmarsh and travels to Skyrim hoping to start over. He chooses to reside in Riften for a while working the docks until he is blamed for a theft he did not commit. He flees the city and is seen until three years later he resurfaces in Helgen awaiting execution. I will begin my playthrough tommorow and get as far as I can with my new character. I will try and update it daily, but if not when I can. I will chronicle the major events of the day and if he dies I will write that as well and begin a new playthrough.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:08 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox-360
Im going to go ahead and say it; once you reach level 30, even without any crafting skills, your probably not going to die, so once you get over that hump, you'll be set. In fact the last time I died, was when I was a werewolf on a level 8. character

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 21  Next