UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 2:42 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Skyrim: Dead is Dead Thread
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:42 pm 
Master
Master

ES Games: Oblivion, Shivering Isles, Knights of the Nine, Skyrim (DUH!)
Platform: PC
Other Profiles: I'm always JVElEven. Look me up on Steam
UESPoints: 0
You should make a novel out of that, Union.

Anyways, I was going to start a proper character for this today, but apparently, and I quote:

"Your copy is currently unavailable"

Steam.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:11 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games: I, II, III, IV, V. Once I caught a fish alive.
Platform: PC & Playstation
UESPoints: 20
Is this new body a male Altmer or a female Altmer?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:30 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: All of 'Em
Platform: PS4, PC
Other Profiles: PSN: Unionhack, Steam: Unionhack
UESPoints: 13
It's a male Altmer.
He's going to be Destruction/Conjuration/One Handed focused. And his fighting style will focus on shouting.

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:48 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Skyim, Oblivion, Morrowind, Arena
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Fillimanni has been on a streak of luck. His encounters with the Markarth guard and the Forsworn have been detrimental to his sanity. He is currently wandering Skyrim.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:10 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Just started my first D.i.D. character: "Guillame the Grape".

Guillame is the scion of a Breton wine-making dynasty. A coward and a glutton from an early age - an unfortunate side effect of growing up in a winery - has meant Guillame is not your average adventurer.

Trained in the usual magical arts like all Breton nobles, Guillame has just come of age, and his father has sent him to the neighbouring provence to see if the brutish Nords have any appreciation for fine wines.

Guillame set out with a wagon full of High Rock's finest reds and whites, and began the treacherous pass through the mountains. After days of travelling through increasingly wild and wintery terrain, the first human contact Guillame had in Skyrim was a starving band of Nordic warriors. The Nords immediately confiscated Guillame's wares, claiming them for the local rebel cause. As the Nords were cracking open the first cask, they were set upon by an Imperial patrol and taken unawares.

Guillame was arrested along with the Stormcloaks, as a rebel sympathiser, and sentenced to die in nearby Helgen alongside them. After the intervention of the dragon, Guillame found himself running or his life through a world of fire and ruin. An Imperial soldier urged him to come with him, and though Guillame wasn't particularly fond of a man who moments earlier had quite dispassionately sent him to the headsman's block, he had no better choice.

Once the pair had found relative safety inside a fort, the Imperial suggested Guillame equip himself with some weapons and armour. Guillame disliked the look, smell and feel of the leather and steel armour - factors he considers paramount when choosing apparel - and decided to wait until he found a nice set of silk and linen robes, or something like that. The look of the cold iron sword hung from a rack on the wall was similarly distasteful, and Guillame left it right where it was.

Turning back to the Imperial, Guillame readied a conjuration spell in his left hand, and a destruction spell in his right. With a grimace of concentration, he summoned forth a ghostly wolf into existence (which he'd only done previously when he felt like having someone to play fetch with), then nodded at the Imperial. The pair set forth to escape the ruined town…

Guillame's main goal is amass enough money and influence to purchase an inn (or marry a nice tavern-owner) from which to sell his family's wares.

My plans for Guillame are for him never to wear armour or wield a weapon - he's totally unsuited to combat, or indeed excitement of any kind. At the first opportunity he'll get a burly sellsword to work for him, and he'll concentrate on buffing and healing his follower, and, later, enchanting equipment for him. Depending on how that works out, Guillame might not even need to use Destruction magic either...

This character should be fun - totally different to other characters I've done i the past! Playing a coward has been pretty fun so far, letting everyone else do the fighting! I should get a couple of hours in tonight after work so we'll see how his story starts to play out once he leaves Helgen...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:27 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC(Skyrim), PS3(Oblivion)
Name: Ra'jin
Race:Khajit
Type:Battlemage

Prologue:
He was once a guardian of a Khajit Caravan. Until that one day. A Nord man ordered a set of Glass armor from a smith in the Imperial City. The caravan was to deliver it to the Nord man, who lived in Windhelm. So as with past orders, the caravan picked up the set. Of course, they had to cross the border to deliver it. They had crossed the border to Skyrim, and saw Darkwater Crossing in the distance, when suddenly he saw some lightly armored men. Then, Imperials thought their caravan was with the men, known as Stormcloaks. So the battle ensued, killed all the caravan members except Ra'jin, confiscated the Glass armor set, and captured the survivors. He woke up in the cart, asking the men where his companions were. "They were all killed by the Legionnaires." one of them muttered.

Last Seed 17, 4E 201:

Ra'jin learned from the men, known as Stormcloaks, that his caravan was mistaken for Stormcloak members, and were all killed. When they were talking, suddenly, the cart stopped. Ra'jin was the last of the prisoners called by the cruel Captain. Even though the poor Khajit was not in the execution list, the evil Legion captain said "To the block with that cat!". "[&@%!]." Ra'jin muttered. As he was about to be executed, a dragon killed the headsman (and most others). As Ra'jin ran to the keep, he saw people around him dying. He went into the keep with Ralof. As he saw the cruel captain, Ra'jin, along with Ralof, killed her. "Vengeance is sweet!" Ra'jin said. As he skirmished through the Legionnaires to the escape route, he found a sword from a fallen Stormcloak soldier. It was Silver, sharp. He picked it up. He immediately escaped. Ralof toled Ra'jin to meet Gerdur at Riverwood. While on the way to Riverwood, he met a camp of bandits. Killing the bandits, he took a treasure map from one of them. Apparently, there is treasure near Riverwood. As he went to Riverwood, he sold what he picked up in the keep to the local merchants, and bought a set of Leather Armor. However, he kept the silver sword. He immediately came to get the treasure displayed at the map.

To be continued...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:50 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
Platform: Xbox 360
I intend to start this with a male orc, Korzahk Iron-Fang. Going to specialize in Two-Handed, Heavy Armor and Block, and avoid leveling up anything outside the Warrior class.
This should be fun!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:57 am 
Champion
Champion

I'm enjoying the stories so far. And I'm glad to know that you guys like the Ra'Zhar/Irvine/Krahzuntafiir storyline so far.

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:04 am 
Layman
Layman

Ra'jin immediately went to Embershard Mine, which he thought was the town's local mine. However, to his surprise, was inhabited by bandits. He raided the dungeon, coming out with some loot. He called it a day and slept in the house of his friends, Ralof and Gerdur. He left for Whiterun to call out the Jarl's aid. On the road, he saw a band of Imperial Soldiers and a captive, who was a Stormcloak. Thinking of vengeance, Ra'jin immediately frees the prisoner and attacks the Imperials. He did survive, however, he was too date. The prisoner he tried to save was dead. He felt he has failed the prisoner. Afterwards, he sees a giant attacking a farm. There were three people, two females and a male, who both were defending the farm. Ra'jin helped. After the giant was slain, they invited Ra'jin to join the Companions, a guild of warriors. Near Whiterun, he meets a Khajit caravan, just like his own before the ambush. He talks to them and said they weren't allowed in any city, Imperial or Stormcloak. They talked for hours, then he felt happy, like his days with his old caravan. He enters Whiterun and goes to Jorrvaskr, the Companions HQ and talks to Kodlak, their harbinger.

To be continued....

(Please remind me if I have to be less specific)

Last edited by ThePhilosopher13 on Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:06 am 
Champion
Champion

It's perfectly fine. You can be as specific as you wish. Trust me, I was pretty specific with my posts. You can do it like a story, describe it just how it happened in-game, or anywhere in between.

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:58 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Name: Andaryn Camoran.
Race: Altmer, with some Bosmeri admixture.
Difficulty: Starting on Adept, will see how I go and maybe move up to Expert.

Background: Andaryn is the [&@%!] child of Lord Xonaril Camoran and the mercenary sellsword Lidara of Woodhearth. Lord Xonaril's family are longtime Altmer residents of Valenwood with a distant link to the province's Camoran dynasty, and so possess some distant regal Bosmer blood. Having been lords of Woodhearth during the First Aldmeri Dominion, the family was dispossessed of its power there when their armies were massacred by Tiber Septim's Numidium. Andaryn's great grandfather barely survived the battle.

Lidara, an Altmer rogue with significantly more Bosmeri blood (though of lower pedigree), was a skilled illusionist, archer and poisoner whose skills brought her into the employ of Andaryn's father. Her skills proved useful to Xonaril, who remained a loyal member of the Thalmor and participated enthusiastically as a collaborator in Alinor's recapture of Valenwood from the Empire. Reinstated as Lord of Woodhearth, Xonaril and Lidara in victory indulged in their illicit affair which led to the birth of Andaryn. He was immediately disowned by Lord Xonaril as a [&@%!].

Andaryn was raised by his mother, who supplemented his natural acumen for magic with her own rogue talents in archery and concocting poisons. Following his mother on her assignments and campaign, Andaryn grew to understand the power of stealth and persuasion. In the field and often living off the land, there was no room for the arrogance and absent mindedness which coddled mages are accustomed to developing. A youth spent skirmishing with Imperials on the Cyrodiil border, accompanying Lidara on her cloak and dagger missions for the Silvenar, and carrying out the will of local barons saw Andaryn grow into a hardy and resourceful youth - combining the best qualities of Altmer and Bosmer.

Lord Xonaril's legitimate children were one by one killed in service to the Dominion during those turbulent years. One as she served as emissary to the King of Argonia, another took an arrow to the throat pusuing Redguard pirates in the Abacean, two more were killed in action fighting a rogue Pyandonean squadron. With his legitimate children perished, the Lord of Woodhearth was left with no option but to seek out Andaryn and his mother for a reconciliation and to seek a Grant of legitimacy from the Thalmor Council in Alinor. It was during this reconciliation in Falinesti that the Blades struck, causing a massive bough to come loose and crashing into the Lord's Palace. Lidara was killed along with thousands of other officers and political leaders, and Lord Xonaril was critically wounded. Bedridden, Lord Xonaril could expect a much shorter lifespan.

In retaliation the Thalmor killed 100 Blades and began the Great War. Outraged at the loss of the mother who raised him, Andaryn joined the Thalmor army and served with distinction, playing a key role in the treacherous capture of Bravil. The Thalmor remained wary of approving his legitimacy and making him the heir of Lord Xonaril (the Altmer being ever touchy about legitimacy and bloodlines). But, being impressed with his service, the Thalmor inducted him into their internal intelligence network. Convinced of the legitimacy of Thalmor rule, contemptuous of the decadent post-Septim Empire, determined to avenge his mother and win the Thalmor's Grant to his father's heritage, Andaryn has been sent north to Skyrim for his first mission in a senior capacity.

Prologue:

"Skyrim belongs to the Nords!" And down came the axe. She stopped screaming and it was all over. They were dead. Every last one of them. Dunmer, some Argonians and the two Bosmer in the merchant party had all been killed. "Ulfric will find a much better use for these wares than the foreigners," grinned a blood spattered nord with limp red hair. Andaryn remained behind the boulder, having watched the scene below. A party of two dozen merchants travelling the Empire had been set upon by Stormcloaks. The Nords in their blue capes had taken the merchant's wares for their own and spared no one.

Andaryn contemplated his cleverness in not choosing to travel with the merchants, but instead shadowing them from a distance. There was safety in numbers, he had been told. But he also knew that more people drew more attention. There was more safety in never being seen.

One of the Nords raised a flagon in between sorting the loot and took a deep daught. But the clumsy fool couldn't hold it upright and the flagon began to spill forth the wine he had been drinking. The first thought that went through Andaryn's head was that red wine this far north was a rarity, should the oaf not instead be drinking mead? Half a second later he saw the arrow potruding from the man's neck, and then heard the distinct thud of another arrow burying itself in another Nord's upraised shield. The trees and bushes sprung to life at the shrill yell of a Cyrodiilic command. And then Andaryn realised that he was not the only voyeur in the mountain pass. Hoisting himself into the bough of a tree, Andaryn closed his eyes, creased his forehead and allowed the gloomy Skyrim light pass through his form with the onset of his invisibility spell. Hoping against hope that the scene below would be over before his magicka ran out, Andaryn continued to watch as the hopelessly unprepared Nords were cut down and surrounded.

A balding Cyrodiil in most decorative uniform preened, "you call yourselves rebels, but really you are just a pack of thieves. I knew that if I promised the caravan safe passage that you wouldn't be able to resist. You did just what I knew you would do, came out of your holes and fell upon them. It was the only way really, and sadly the merchants were a necessary sacrifice. But they got you to come out in the open, they tired you out as you hacked them to pieces, and then you got drunk on victory and dropped your guard. I lost one soldier in that engagement, and soon I will put to death each of you along with your Jarl and end this rebellion once and for all".

"Search the area, I want no survivors". Andaryn smiled, the scene was coming to an end and his magicka reserves should hold out. He would not be seen, and not for the first time this achievement would save his hide. Before long he would be on his way to Solitude, to monitor the activities of the newly appointed First Emissary, Elenwen. As the Imperial soldiers scurried about and their general continued to berate the captured Nords, Andaryn reflected on his mission: to act as direct covert agent for the Council in Alinor and ensure all Thalmor activities are carried out to the letter. The last First Emissary had made a number of errors and the survival of the Dominion depended on everything going according to plan.

As the Nords began to shuffle into the back of wagons, Andaryn heard the low growl. At the base of the tree he was perched in, an Imperial wardog was barking and scraping at the trunk. Andaryn was not seen, but the hound had smelled him - invisibility did not cover stench and Andaryn had never before encountered an enemy that used hounds. "Mage!" called a legionnaire. In the time it took to conjure a detect life spell, the game was up. With three archers now pointing their arrows at him, Andaryn slinked down the trunk of the tree. The Imperials bound him at the wrists, and he joined the Nords in bondage on the wagon...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:37 am 
Layman
Layman

(Difficulty shifted to Master)

Ra'jin is accepted in the companions. Soon, he came to Dragonsreach and talked to the Jarl, Balgruuf. He soon was directed to Farengar, who asked him to retrieve the dragonstone. So he came to Bleak Falls Barrow, took the dragonstone alone with an artifact called the Golden Claw. On the way to Whiterun, He saw a Fort. He attempted to raid it, however the bandits residing in the fort overwhelmed him, and he died.

R.I.P Raijin
Khajit Battlemage
Date and Place of Birth: Morning Star 13, 4E 169 , Torval, Elsewyr
Date and Place of Death: Last Seed 20, 4E 201 , Fort Greymoor, Skyrim
Level 9, wearing Elven Armor, Skilled in One-Handed and Light Armor
Overwhelmed by Bandits 10 to one.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:04 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Korzahk left Helgen and headed straight for Riverwood, lured by promise of a blacksmith and better gear then the pathetic light armor he had on. But when he reached it, he found that everything was far out of his price range, and so we was forced to journey on, West towards one of the strongholds he'd heard about.
He stopped in Falkreath overnight, and found better equipment, then pressed on towards the Reach.
Unfortunately, just as he arrived at the pass into the Reach, he was ambushed by a Sabre Cat.

R.I.P Korzahk Iron-Fang, Lvl 2 Warrior
18th of Last Seed, 4E 201
Dreamed of bringing honor to the Orcs with a glorious death in battle.
Half of that dream was acheived.

Is it fair game to start the same character, but skip the Helgen tutorial?

EDIT: Never mind, I forgot that the autosave from coming out of Helgen would be overwritten. I'll start the character entirely over, then.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:15 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion,Skyrim,ESO
Platform: Xbox 360,Xbox One
Tarquin Dynatus wrote:

Background: Andaryn is the [&@%!] child of Lord Xonaril Camoran and the mercenary sellsword Lidara of Woodhearth. Lord Xonaril's family are longtime Altmer residents of Valenwood with a distant link to the province's Camoran dynasty, and so possess some distant regal Bosmer blood. Having been lords of Woodhearth during the First Aldmeri Dominion, the family was dispossessed of its power there when their armies were massacred by Tiber Septim's Numidium. Andaryn's great grandfather barely survived the battle.

Lidara, an Altmer rogue with significantly more Bosmeri blood (though of lower pedigree), was a skilled illusionist, archer and poisoner whose skills brought her into the employ of Andaryn's father. Her skills proved useful to Xonaril, who remained a loyal member of the Thalmor and participated enthusiastically as a collaborator in Alinor's recapture of Valenwood from the Empire. Reinstated as Lord of Woodhearth, Xonaril and Lidara in victory indulged in their illicit affair which led to the birth of Andaryn. He was immediately disowned by Lord Xonaril as a [&@%!].

Andaryn was raised by his mother, who supplemented his natural acumen for magic with her own rogue talents in archery and concocting poisons. Following his mother on her assignments and campaign, Andaryn grew to understand the power of stealth and persuasion. In the field and often living off the land, there was no room for the arrogance and absent mindedness which coddled mages are accustomed to developing. A youth spent skirmishing with Imperials on the Cyrodiil border, accompanying Lidara on her cloak and dagger missions for the Silvenar, and carrying out the will of local barons saw Andaryn grow into a hardy and resourceful youth - combining the best qualities of Altmer and Bosmer.

Lord Xonaril's legitimate children were one by one killed in service to the Dominion during those turbulent years. One as she served as emissary to the King of Argonia, another took an arrow to the throat pusuing Redguard pirates in the Abacean, two more were killed in action fighting a rogue Pyandonean squadron. With his legitimate children perished, the Lord of Woodhearth was left with no option but to seek out Andaryn and his mother for a reconciliation and to seek a Grant of legitimacy from the Thalmor Council in Alinor. It was during this reconciliation in Falinesti that the Blades struck, causing a massive bough to come loose and crashing into the Lord's Palace. Lidara was killed along with thousands of other officers and political leaders, and Lord Xonaril was critically wounded. Bedridden, Lord Xonaril could expect a much shorter lifespan.

In retaliation the Thalmor killed 100 Blades and began the Great War. Outraged at the loss of the mother who raised him, Andaryn joined the Thalmor army and served with distinction, playing a key role in the treacherous capture of Bravil. The Thalmor remained wary of approving his legitimacy and making him the heir of Lord Xonaril (the Altmer being ever touchy about legitimacy and bloodlines). But, being impressed with his service, the Thalmor inducted him into their internal intelligence network. Convinced of the legitimacy of Thalmor rule, contemptuous of the decadent post-Septim Empire, determined to avenge his mother and win the Thalmor's Grant to his father's heritage, Andaryn has been sent north to Skyrim for his first mission in a senior capacity.

Prologue:

"Skyrim belongs to the Nords!" And down came the axe. She stopped screaming and it was all over. They were dead. Every last one of them. Dunmer, some Argonians and the two Bosmer in the merchant party had all been killed. "Ulfric will find a much better use for these wares than the foreigners," grinned a blood spattered nord with limp red hair. Andaryn remained behind the boulder, having watched the scene below. A party of two dozen merchants travelling the Empire had been set upon by Stormcloaks. The Nords in their blue capes had taken the merchant's wares for their own and spared no one.

Andaryn contemplated his cleverness in not choosing to travel with the merchants, but instead shadowing them from a distance. There was safety in numbers, he had been told. But he also knew that more people drew more attention. There was more safety in never being seen.

One of the Nords raised a flagon in between sorting the loot and took a deep daught. But the clumsy fool couldn't hold it upright and the flagon began to spill forth the wine he had been drinking. The first thought that went through Andaryn's head was that red wine this far north was a rarity, should the oaf not instead be drinking mead? Half a second later he saw the arrow potruding from the man's neck, and then heard the distinct thud of another arrow burying itself in another Nord's upraised shield. The trees and bushes sprung to life at the shrill yell of a Cyrodiilic command. And then Andaryn realised that he was not the only voyeur in the mountain pass. Hoisting himself into the bough of a tree, Andaryn closed his eyes, creased his forehead and allowed the gloomy Skyrim light pass through his form with the onset of his invisibility spell. Hoping against hope that the scene below would be over before his magicka ran out, Andaryn continued to watch as the hopelessly unprepared Nords were cut down and surrounded.

A balding Cyrodiil in most decorative uniform preened, "you call yourselves rebels, but really you are just a pack of thieves. I knew that if I promised the caravan safe passage that you wouldn't be able to resist. You did just what I knew you would do, came out of your holes and fell upon them. It was the only way really, and sadly the merchants were a necessary sacrifice. But they got you to come out in the open, they tired you out as you hacked them to pieces, and then you got drunk on victory and dropped your guard. I lost one soldier in that engagement, and soon I will put to death each of you along with your Jarl and end this rebellion once and for all".

"Search the area, I want no survivors". Andaryn smiled, the scene was coming to an end and his magicka reserves should hold out. He would not be seen, and not for the first time this achievement would save his hide. Before long he would be on his way to Solitude, to monitor the activities of the newly appointed First Emissary, Elenwen. As the Imperial soldiers scurried about and their general continued to berate the captured Nords, Andaryn reflected on his mission: to act as direct covert agent for the Council in Alinor and ensure all Thalmor activities are carried out to the letter. The last First Emissary had made a number of errors and the survival of the Dominion depended on everything going according to plan.

As the Nords began to shuffle into the back of wagons, Andaryn heard the low growl. At the base of the tree he was perched in, an Imperial wardog was barking and scraping at the trunk. Andaryn was not seen, but the hound had smelled him - invisibility did not cover stench and Andaryn had never before encountered an enemy that used hounds. "Mage!" called a legionnaire. In the time it took to conjure a detect life spell, the game was up. With three archers now pointing their arrows at him, Andaryn slinked down the trunk of the tree. The Imperials bound him at the wrists, and he joined the Nords in bondage on the wagon...

I want to say awesome story that really held my attention it was a very good backstory amazing I think the best backstory I have ever heard so far
:shock:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:30 am 
Novice
Novice

recently tried one of these and died around a quarter of the way through the main quest. here is my tomb stone if it fits the guidelines.
Name: Prisoner (I know not showing my creative side right)
Nord Berserker
Born and raised in Whiterun on an unknown date
Died in Whiterun ironically
Couldn't withstand the onslaught of guards that ensued from killing that insufferable priest of talos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:32 am 
Warder
Warder

My first character Swiftclaw, a khajit rogue, Level 8. Died a the giants camp near Whiterun, thought I wonder over and say hi to giant and he walloped me with a club. It wasn't my intention to play dead is dead but it was such an epic death, I thought it better to start again.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:43 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion , Skyrim
Platform: PC, PS3
I'll make my next DiD character later, being a khajiit- merchant.
No adventures, no dungeon delving, no running everywhere without ever getting tired, no shouting around like a aggressive CoD- kiddie, thus throwing bandits off cliffs.
You'll see how it ends^^

I'll start at Dawnstar, thus really close to dangers such as; Ice-Trolls, Ice-Wolves, Ice-Wraiths and Ice-Horkers (okay, actually horkers, but they're really strong against some kittie with no skill in combat at all..)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:53 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

So guess how Korzahk mk 2 died.
That's right. To a sabre cat. In the same region. At the same level. On the same day.
Though the newer version put up much more of a fight.
Anyway, don't bother to add a second tombstone, it would look exactly the same.
Think I'll try a pure Mage next time. Breton conjurer, probably. See if she lasts any longer.
Or I could try Korzahk again, but head for a different Stronghold.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:44 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Unionhack wrote:
If you wanna do a Tussaud, that's perfectly fine. Our characters aren't in the same continuity.

Anyways, big news today. Captain Irvine died this morning.

It was a normal trek, with Irvine leaving Sky Ruler Temple with Erandur to go nab some alchemy ingredients and souls for enchanting. While outside, they were confronted by a Thalmor hit-squad, that was easily dispatched.

They ran into a troll, and while fighting it, a dragon roared overhead; it was Krahzuntafiir, the frost dragon that had killed Ra'Zhar.

The fight was rather fierce (I had recently shifted the difficulty from apprentice to adept), and the troll was taken care of before the dragon. In a short while, however, a frostbite spider joined the battle as well. The spider wasn't much of a problem compared to Krahzuntafiir, so Irvine kept his attention on the dragon.

After a tough battle, Irvine finally killed Krahzuntafiir with little health to spare. In the middle of absorbing the dragon's soul, Irvine fell over, dead from the Frostbite Spider's poison.

R.I.P
Captain Irvine Tussaud
17th of Last Seed, 4E201 - 28th of Rain's Hand, 4E202
Imperial, Level 24
Dragonborn, Hero of Skyrim
Died from a poisonous spider bite after killing a dragon

Anyway, I had a great idea for my next character. What happens if a dragonborn dies while absorbing a soul? Where does the dragon's soul go? I had a theory; maybe the soul inhabits a nearby dead vessel of sufficient size or power.

Krahzuntafiir's soul went haywire after Irvine died, and it went into the nearest empty vessel other than Irvine; the nearby dead Thalmor Mage. The corpse was reanimated, and Krahzuntafiir's eyes opened in a body that wasn't his. Trying to think like a dragon wracked his newfound brain; it could not comprehend immortality as a dragon could; and the very idea of mortality cut through Krahzuntafiir's psyche like a knife.

He sat there, screaming in pain, until Erandur went over and helped him up. Krahzuntafiir began to adjust his mind, though the pain was still there; Erandur took it upon himself to bring the dragon to Sky Haven Temple to ask Stenvar, Esbern, and Delphine about what to do with him. Though the killing of Irvine was a great grievance, they decided that being forced to live in a mortal body would be a far greater punishment than outright killing Krahzuntafiir. So Erandur took to teaching the reincarnated dragon the concepts of mortality, the structure of mortal society, and other essential things so that he could be released to live amongst the mortals that he had previously sought to enslave like his master. After several months, Krahzuntafiir reluctantly began to accept his new existance, and left the Temple to find his lot in the life he had been given. The body he had been given was a High Elven one, so he would live longer than a human. But regardless, it was a short time for a dragon. He knew that he had to first seek immortality, to ward off the death he had so feared, and then he would have to find a way to turn himself back into his dragon form. His first step; go to the greatest institution of learning in Skyrim, the College of Winterhold.

Oh my... That might be the best idea I've heard in a long time. You don't mind if I use that, do you?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:27 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

This is Jaziiri The Not-So-Honests first day in Skyrim.
It's not so warm and sandy here. Not even a little warm or sandy... No, it's DEFINETELY cold and snowy - damnit.
Jaziiris Backstory isn't nearly as long as any of yours - and the Here&Now-Story will be over after just a few fights, I'm sure.

He came here like so many did, to find a better life. [Well, okay, Bon Jovi-song-quote again ;)]
Jaziiri was a sort-of-merchant in the warm, sandy lands of Elsweyr.
Well, sort of.. Actually he was a dumb Traveller being chased by bandits, monsters and stupid animals through the whole of Elsweyr.

He couldn't make any money, mainly because he was busy with running away from things like.. uuh, well bandits, monsters and guess what - stupid animals. Through the whole of Elsweyr. But thats another story, you can read it one line above.

So, after all this he doesn't want to be a dumb traveller being chased by bandits, monsters and stupid animals through the whole of Elsweyr anymore.
Really, Elsweyr is getting old, lets try something new - how about being a dumb traveller being chased by bandits, monsters and stupid animals through the whole of Skyrim?
Thats a great plan, I'm off to Dawnstar!
And if I can make some money in Skyrim - why not?

Right now I'm playing through Helgen, trying to reach Dawnstar.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:26 pm 
Champion
Champion

Gideon Dragontongue wrote:

Oh my... That might be the best idea I've heard in a long time. You don't mind if I use that, do you?

Using the idea of a dragon in a mortal vessel? Of course, go right ahead.

I haven't played Krahzuntafiir THAT much compared to my non-DiD Breton, but he's getting some attention.

On his way to the College, Krahzuntafiir ran into a Frostbite Spider. Facing the spider with a grin, he shouted "FO KRAH DIIN!" at the top of his lungs. But for some reason, nothing happened.

When he entered his mortal vessel, his mortality left him unable to utilize his shouts. He knew the words, but he had no idea what they meant to his new mortal mentality. To an immortal dragon, the concept of a dragon word is simple, but he would now have to see a word and comprehend it, and no doubt spend some time mastering it to be able to use it.

He lit the spider aflame and abandoned his course for the time being. Attaining immortality would have to wait until he could once again regain his shouting.

So he set off, searching for more words. On his way to a nearby burial ground, a roar sounded, and a dragon swooped in for what looked like an easy kill.

Krahzuntafiir recognized the dragon as his brother Findezaak (The - Fate - Guide), and tried to reason with him. This failed, however, and Findezaak unleashed the full fury of his fire breath onto Krahzuntafiir. Krahzuntafiir gave in and fought back with his magic, and when his magic was spent, he sunk his greatsword into his brother's eye.

Krahzuntaffir, unused to mortal emotions, fell to the ground and wept as his brother's soul was brought into coexistence with his own. He didn't understand why, and his anger led him to shouting 'Krii!' at a nearby deer. To his surprise, a thu'um rushed forward to the deer and killed it instantaneously. His brother's soul had reawakened his shout powers.

The loss of his brother made him realize that in his new mortal body, no dragon would see him as a dovah. He confirmed within himself that he would kill any dragon that attacked him, but he would never kill one out of anything else but self-defense. He looks eagerly towards the reclamation of his own body, or perhaps a new one.

Krahzuntafiir is level 5. He wears robes and uses magic, and switches to a greatsword when his magicka is spent.

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:08 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

Sundas, Last Seed 17. 4E 201
11:29 PM

Chapter 1: The Frosttroll Massacre of Pale

I arrived in Dawnstar, in the far North of Skyrim today.
Skyrim is in the far North of Tamriel.
Up here in the far north of the far north of Tamriel, I'm trying to make a living.
Without dying.

I'm really well prepared for this cold, rough land - I've got no weapon, filthy beggar-clothing, one healing potion and 3 lockpicks. Ayeee, I'm Boss here!

So, after spending all my remaining money (16 gold) for bread and bed I go eating and sleeping.
What a sucess! I survived my first evening in Skyrim without being hacked in pieces, shot in the head or set on fire, and just made a financial loss of 16 gold!
I'll never get such a good result again!

After sleeping for 7 hours -that seemed to be seconds (well, at least real time) - I get up and go out for my first day of not achieving anything.
In the first few minutes I stroll around in the snow, achieving nothing - perfect.
Then, all of a sudden - Skyrim lunges at me with its giant maw and sends me into the hell of questing, radiant events and monsters.
A Thief runs into me, stuffing a big mace into my bag and starting small talk.
Hey, I'm okay with some random guy just offering me a enchanted mace, wanting to do some little chat.

But I'm not okay with it when that guy's being chased by a Frost Troll, and I'm not able to run away because his stupid attempts of small talk freeze me!
So I politely end that little chat by pressing O on my controller, turn around and run away, screaming for help like a real boss.
The Troll decides to follow me, because my fur is keeping my flesh warm, and I find myself on some steep mountain looking down on that troll, burning him with my spell for some seconds before my magicka runs out.

Suddenly a citizen of Dawnstar decides to rescue that sweet kitty from that ugly troll, hacking at him with a dagger, dying after two seconds of fight. I gonna remember your name, brave ... savior! (well, i forgot it..)
After seeing the frost troll is distracted by guards of Dawnstar I jump down to get in spell-reach and the game tries to kill me again, by cleverly distracting me with a guy who's searching for his giant enchanted mace.
Get out of my way, I don't have it! Or at least, lets talk about it after killing that Troll whos walking straight in our direction.

I exit the dialogue, help to kill the troll, loot the 2 corpses and try to speak to that hunter again.
He doesn't want to hear that I've got his mace - instead he runs away, his bow drawn.
Hey, that guy just killed a troll, I just have to follow him and find the thief, if I can't give the mace back.
So I do. And i kill the thief, while the hunter is taking care of some bandits. Which I loot after they're dead.
Everythings fine in Skyrim now, I guess.
While walking back to Dawnstar i decide to take a look at the Frost Trolls lair - they usually have one, and usually theres just one troll. I hope.

So, after looting the trolls lair and killing 4 horkers for their flesh, i go back to Dawnstar with the bandits armor and weapons, the horkers theeth and flesh, the trolls fat, the guards armor and weapons, 2 skill books, one gem worth 100 gold, some ingredients, some gold and last but not least - my new giant enchanted mace, which the hunter didn't take back.

Just another normal day in Dawnstar!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:45 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Assassin540 wrote:
Tarquin Dynatus wrote:

Prologue:

I want to say awesome story that really held my attention it was a very good backstory amazing I think the best backstory I have ever heard so far
:shock:

Thanks a bunch, I really appreciate the positive feedback. I have been busy lately, but will try to ensure Andaryn gets some more action today.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:29 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion GOTY and Skyrim
Platform: PS3 and Old XBox
This is my first post on the UESP Forums so I hope it is a good one.

Name: Snowy
Style: Thief
Gear:
Spoiler:
Various books for traveling, am Imperial Blade, Steel Gauntlets and boots, Studded Armour and large amounts of lockpicks

Fur Colour: Snow White with Speckles of Black
Things accomplished: Not dying in five minutes and surviving Bleak Falls

Story so far:
Spoiler:
My character that is part of DiD is going to be my newest character which is a snow white Khajiit named Snowy. Snowy escaped Helgen with Ralof and helped the general trade goods owner in Riverwood get his Golden Claw back whilst learning a strange word being "Fus". Snowy had no idea what the word meant but he just ventured back to Riverwood with the claw and a strange rock. He was then told by Gerdur to venture to Whiterun to speak to the Jarl for help. Snowy was surprised that after asking for help he was told to retrieve a stone being the strange one he found in Bleak Falls Barrow.

That is the story so far. I will add more once more has happened. Thanks for reading this.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:50 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, Xbox 360, PC
I recenlty just got all the achievements in Skyrim, so I decided to make a DiD character.
Name: Quan Chi
Bio:
Spoiler:
Quan Chi is a notorious, powerful sorcerer and necromancer whose origins are unknown and believed to be from another realm entirely. He had spent the last hundred years in the Imperial Prison in Cyrodiil after attempting to harvest the souls of an entire village. During his time in prison, magical barriers were put in place to drain his remaining energy, although the lot of his power came from his amulet, which was ultimately seized by his captors and taken by the mages at the Arcane University for examination. In 4E 174, the Aldmeri Dominion attacked the Imperial City and chaos ensued, dispelling the barriers that prevented his escape. In a weakened state from such a prolonged exposure to negative energy, Quan Chi still managed to break free from the prison and slip past the ongoing carnage by way of the sewers. In the decades after, Quan Chi decided to lay low and wandered Tamriel for 27 years until in 4E 201, he found himself mixed up in an ambush of Imperial Soldiers near the Cyrodiil-Skyrim border. Seeing that he was out-numbered, and assuming his reputation must have deteriorated over the years, he simply surrendered in hopes of this incident being deemed a mis-understanding and result in his eventual release. However, when he was carted to Helgen, an Imperial Officer ordered him to the execution block. Just as the executioner's axe was about to fall on Quan Chi's neck, a dragon attacks and, once again, Quan Chi escapes death with the help of Stormcloak rebels. After they escape the Helgen Keep, Quan Chi and Ralof go their separate ways, and despite Ralof's constant urging to join the Stormcloaks, Quan Chi discarded his Stormcloak uniform and said, "I will not involve myslef in such a petty squabble,". He headed north, hoping to eventually find a way to restore his power.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 21  Next