UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 12:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Skyrim: Dead is Dead Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:00 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: All of 'Em
Platform: PS4, PC
Other Profiles: PSN: Unionhack, Steam: Unionhack
UESPoints: 13
Ra'Zhar died today. After asking the Greybeards about the location of a word wall, he and Kharjo began the descent down the Throat of the World. Along the way, they were attacked by a Blood Dragon. The fight was fierce and victory seemed at hand, when Ra'Zhar noticed he was out of potions. He immediately scrambled to charge a healing spell, but a wayward frosty blast from the dragon struck him, and he was flung into a nearby rock face, dead. Kharjo killed the dragon, but it was too late to save his brother.

What hope is there for the world now, with no Dovahkiin to stop Alduin? Perhaps Kharjo has latent abilities that he had not displayed before. Maybe there is another Dovahkiin. Only time will tell.

I'm really sad to see this character go. I was really attached to Ra'Zhar, him being my first serious mage and khajiit.

(Just between you and me, I might continue playing him regularly, and not as a D.I.D character. But maybe not, since that might ruin the fun of, and the point of, the D.I.D run.)

I'm starting a new character, whose story takes place right after Ra'zhar's in the same continuity.

Captain Irvine Tussaud
Imperial Pirate

Captain Irvine was a pirate who sailed the waters of the Imperial Province until the law caught up with his crew, and he was forced to sail north into Skyrim. Little did he know that this was a trap set up by the Imperials Legion, and he sailed straight into a blockade. In the battle that ensued, his entire crew, including his nephew, were slaughtered before his very eyes, and he was captured by the Imperials and set to Helgen to await execution.

A Khajiit prisoner named Ra'Zhar was at the chopping block before Irvine, when a dragon attacked. When Ra'Zhar went with the Imperials to escape, Irvine went with Ralof to escape the fiery wrath of the dragon.

He hid from the law in the wilderness for months, fishing and trapping for food. Now he is ready to again resume interacting with society, and maybe even making a bit more gold than you could ever get by selling fish. Besides, who would execute a slayer of dragons, regardless of his criminal past? His sword arm is ready and his throat is dry, and the dragons have no idea what is coming for them.

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:58 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
Once one of my DID chars dies I can no longer continue playing them, they just feel so empty and that's what makes the DID run so unique and different to a normal run.

I will be starting me next DID char as soon as I think of what I want, I've never played as an argonian so I'm thinking about that but no idea what to use with it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:03 pm 
Champion
Champion

Quote:
Once one of my DID chars dies I can no longer continue playing them, they just feel so empty and that's what makes the DID run so unique and different to a normal run.

QFT.

I had 2 DiD characters meet their downfall, like I said earlier, I might create another one but I'm not sure what to choose. I don't really like to play with beast races (despite liking all the races). I might creat a Thalmor enforcer just for the Hell of it and wipe out* all Stormcloaks and Imperial camps that I can find.

*Shame their "leaders" are essential.......

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:58 pm 
Champion
Champion

I guess you're right. Ra'Zhar had a good run while it lasted, I suppose.

Anyway, right now I'm not playing Captain Irvine seriously; since his story takes place in the same continuity as Ra'Zhar's, I'm working on making the world the same as before; killing certain NPCs that were dead, mostly, but a few other things as well, including getting the dragons to appear. The D.I.D. rule is still in effect at the moment though.

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:11 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360
Unionhack wrote:
I guess you're right. Ra'Zhar had a good run while it lasted, I suppose.

Anyway, right now I'm not playing Captain Irvine seriously; since his story takes place in the same continuity as Ra'Zhar's, I'm working on making the world the same as before; killing certain NPCs that were dead, mostly, but a few other things as well, including getting the dragons to appear. The D.I.D. rule is still in effect at the moment though.

I'm actually sorry to see him go too, I liked getting on here and reading his updates before posting my own

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:36 pm 
Champion
Champion

Aw, thanks. It means a lot that someone enjoyed Ra'Zhar's (mis)adventures.
I might actually make Kharjo as a playable character, kill the NPC Kharjo, and march around as the new Dragonborn eventually XD

Hopefully Captain Irvine will fill the void, somewhat. I'm thinking of doing a bit of Daedric quests with him.

EDIT: Captain Irvine has made a bit of an impression in Whiterun. Everyone was shocked (and also a bit relieved) to learn that Heimskr had died in his sleep, with a dagger wound in his chest.

Irvine found Gilfre during some of his travels, who was an ex-lover of his. He spent some time at her mill and decided to settle down and marry her, and visits her when he can.

Irvine began travelling with his newfound companion, Uthgerd the Unbroken, who followed him for the strength he showed in their brawl. They happened upon the town of Riverwood, which Irvine had never visited formally, and they decided to stay for a while.

During his visit, a dragon attacked. In the chaos, two people were killed; a farmer, and Uthgerd.
While the deaths of civilians would not normally concern Irvine, he saw a little girl bawling over the corpse of the farmer. It only took a short conversation with the broken-hearted child to change Irvine's viewpoint on his morality. After absorbing the dragon's soul and discovering his dragonborn heritage, he stopped to think. He felt as though he had failed the village and failed Uthgerd. Sorrow-struck, he retreated to a remote camp and evaluated his look on the world.

He decided that he would be one of the hero-pirates that appeared in so many children's stories; the stern looking, sea-hardened fellow who always stops for either a drink of ale or to save a person in need. He took it upon himself to defend the people of Skyrim from the dragons, something only he could do as Dragonborn, now that Ra'Zhar was dead. Readying his magical sword, Seventh Sea, and laying Uthgerd's body to rest, Captain Irvine continued his quest with a new look of the world.

Still, he had a sword in his hand and a bottle of ale in the other. Some things never change.

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:44 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, Skyrim
Platform: Pc, 360
This Irvine better be as great as Ra'Zhar's :p

Anywho

Mathiel made it to windhelm with Lydia to stock up on supplies for the trek to winterhold alone. The college is no place for her. Before he could tell her this he learnt of the plight his fellow dunmer faced in this cold city of stone. He spoke with a reasonable and sympathetic nord who told him about bandits preying on dunmeri caravans and travelers. Deciding it was the least that could be done he andmlydia set out on one more adventure together before the parted ways.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:22 am 
Champion
Champion

I'll certainly try! XD

Irvine used his good standing in the city of Whiterun to get on Jarl Balgruuf's good side. With Ra'Zhar dead, there was an open spot on the Jarl's court, and there was a dragon nearby that needed slaying. Only a Dovahkiin could get the job done, and since he already had experience in slaying dragons, Captain Irvine set off and assisted the guards in slaying the dragon. Irvine learned his first shout, 'Fus', after the battle, and presented proof of his deed to the Jarl. Jarl Balgruuf used this deed to deem Irvine Thane of Whiterun, which allowed Irvine a higher place of operations from where he could check around for people to help and dragons to slay.

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:36 am 
Warder
Warder

What are you using for this guy, being a pirate does he ware any armor, or just cloths and a sword?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:29 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, Arena
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
New person

Race: High elf
Sex: F
Name: Mil
Mil was born are raised to manipulate people, form an early age her father taught her the best weapon was your tongue and mind for with it you can make those with less of each lift their weapons for you.
At a very young age she had boys eating out of the palm of her hand and girls bowing to her rules.
She began training in the illusion school the first chance she got, and will not even hesitate to use it on you.
She prefers to use words, and others bronze then her own but she also knows if you talk two people in to fighting one will still be around after words.
It was her silver tongue that got her in to this mess, she had made two highly trained thalmor officers bend to her every whim, the thalmor did not like this and even she could not make all thalmor do what she says, so she fled to the one place where she knows she will be safest in the ranks of the stormcloaks.
she was going to find a way to talk her self out of this, even if it meant convincg a province to go to war.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:32 pm 
Warder
Warder

Ok I made another Orc for this, His name is Malgrok the Fearless. Gonna be your typical Orc 2 hander sorta guy but will hopefully live more than 2 days this time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:56 pm 
Layman
Layman

Update for Vúlolalún - level 17 now

After finally arriving in Riften he decided to start asking around for any clues on his brothers whereabouts. Walking down the street he hears a call from a burly looking nord saying he wants to talk. Approaching the nord with his dagger ready the nord explains that he is the man to talk to if you're new in the city. Vúlolalún first inquires about information on his brother, Athis, before asking about a strange gem he "acquired"in his travels. The nord tells him about a local man that can help him with the gem and them informs him that his brother did some work around Riften and then took a carriage to Whiterun to sign up with a group called the "Companions". As excited as he gets when he's sneaking up behind someone with his dagger unsheathed, Vúlolalún immediately sets out for Whiterun.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:01 pm 
Layman
Layman

Vúlolalún - level 20

Arriving back in Whiterun Vúlolalún headed straight for the Mead Hall of the Companions. Walking through the front door he immediately hears cheering and shouting. Turning his attention to the two figures inside the circle of warriors he sees a nord woman and none other than his brother Athis! Deciding it best to let the brawl play out he stands in a corner and watches. Vúlolalún notices his brother his holding back slightly... "he always was a softy when it came to pretty girls" he thinks to himself with a grin. Athis hits her with a three punch combo to the torso but left his left cheek wide open for the nord woman to catch him with a right hook and put Athis on his knees. After the crowd clears Vúlolalún walks up behind his brother... "you always were soft when it came to a pretty face" As his brother turns to retaliate he stops with his mouth wide open... "Vúl! How are you!? What are you doing here?! Athis says. "Just looking for my brother" Vúlolalún replies. After much catching up, and wine drinking, Athis convinces Vúlolalún to help him with some stuff within the companions and then he would be happy to travel with him. As much as Athis had a soft spot for good looking girls, Vúlolalún has had a soft spot for good wine...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:53 pm 
Champion
Champion

GoatLiver wrote:
What are you using for this guy, being a pirate does he ware any armor, or just cloths and a sword?

Currently, Irvine wears Hammerfell Garb with fur boots and gloves and wields a single steel sword. When I'm able to, he's going to wear Thieves' Guild armor and use a single sword.

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:16 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion,Skyrim,ESO
Platform: Xbox 360,Xbox One
Murag my orc assassin died while in the mountains trying to find his kin mauled by two sabre cats even for a proffesional like him it was to much. He only made it to level 3 lasted 4 days in game R.I.P Murag

New character

Name:Sythe Menas
Race:Dark Elf
Proffesion:Former Morag Tong assassin
Hair:Black combed back
Eyes:Red
Skin:Grey
Level:4

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:29 am 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games: I, II, III, IV, V. Once I caught a fish alive.
Platform: PC & Playstation
UESPoints: 20
Name: Top Cat
Sex:Male
Race: Khajiit
Top Cat is a Con Man from the Imperial City where he was born and raised. He runs a gang of other Khajiit and made a lot of money in the waterfront. Despite his efforts Captain Dibble never managed to put away Top Cat and his gang. Top Cat left his right hand man in charge as he went north to Skyrim to strike it rich. Top Cat was caught in trap set for the Stormcloak leader after crossing the border and was sent to Helgen with them to be executed.

Still not sure what skills i'll use with him, he is probably going to be a kind of a Jack of all Trades.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:44 am 
Champion
Champion

Captain Irvine has been rather busy lately, mostly adventuring with his new friend Jenassa, clearing out bandit covens, and other things.

He and Jenassa stumbled upon an abandoned prison, which apparently held one of Jenassa's ancestors. Checking in the prison, they found in the prison records that a prisoner named Malvulis was once kept in there before the prison had flooded. Malvulis was a dark elf pirate, and she had served under the first Captain Tussaud, who was Irvine's great-great-great-great grandfather.

Jenassa's mercenary attitude changed then, and she swore to honor her ancestor by serving Tussaud's descendant in the same way. Now the two travel to Riften, lured by thoughts of treasure. Irvine wishes to buy a better house so that his wife, Gilfre, has a better place to stay than in the Wilderness.

(EDIT: I decided that the Dragon that killed Ra'Zhar will be named Krahzuntafiir, and he will be a Frost Dragon. Irvine's most epic Frost Dragon battle will be against Krahzuntafiir, and he will most likely have Kharjo assisting him in killing the dragon.
Krahzuntafiir ('Cold Weapon Thief') was elevated in status after he killed the biggest threat to the dragons, and now that Irvine has been discovered to be Dragonborn, he has a new target to destroy.)

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:35 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360, pc
this sounds like to much fun to pass up so here its goes..

Name-Sverkir
race-Nord
age-28

Sverkir is a battle tested Nord Berserker. He only uses either a 2 handed axe or mace and he only wears fur armor. He is also in know way capable of producing magic, and subtle is not his specialty. He comes from a tribe in the Skyrim tundra, but he got a job offer to fight for the redguards against the high elves when his contract ended he decided to head back to his tribe, but on his way back to skyrim he was ambushed and mistook for a stormcloak and this is where the adventure starts..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:20 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY
Is there a Dead on Dead thread for Morrowind? If so I'd like to sign up on that since I am making a new character and I don't own skyrim, sorry.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:11 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

The Misadventures of Top Cat the Dovahkiin!

Top Cat began his misadventures in in Skyrim on an axeman's block. A dragon attacked and he escaped with Ralof, a Stormcloak. After reaching the village of Riverwood he took some supplies from Ralof's sister. He was told he should side with the stormcloaks but Top Cat wasn't convinced. He doesn't care about this civil war he only wants gold. He is plans to find work in Riverwood before traveling to Whiterun.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:23 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3
I'm gonna give this a swerve till I can put the effort into it that I feel it deserves. I currently have three toons on the go that I will use to do everything story and faction wise that there is to see. Then I shall be making a new character to have a go at this. I don't know right now what race it will be but I have narrowed it down to either Orc, Dunmer or Argonian.

I'll keep you posted :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:52 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

The Misadventures of Top Cat the Dovahkiin!

Top Cat explored Bleak Falls Barrow after being told there was coin in it for him from a shopkeeper. He went there dicovered a strange word on a wall and an odd stone. He returned the claw and with 1000 gold in his pocket set out for Whiterun. He met a group of Companions on his way in who told him he should check out their HQ. He considered doing it at some point in the future but not now he had a Jarl to meet. He met with the Jarl who sent some of his men to defend Riverwood. Top Cat give his strange stone to the court wizard. He was then ordered by the Jarl to preform recon on a dragon seen outside the city. He went with the Jarl's Dunmer friend and a group of guards to a watchtower.

It turned out to be more than just a recon mission. A dragon attacked. Top Cat went to the top of the tower and shot at the dragon with his bow. When the beast fell it caught flame and Top Cat absorbed a strange power from it. He was now able to preform a shout. The guards called him "Dragonborn." On his way back to Whiterun the ground shook as he heard something scream "Dovahkiin!" The Jarl said he should report to the greybeards. He also named Thane of Whiterun got a Housecarl in the form of Lydia. This dovahkiin thing sounded like it could mean great profit for Top Cat. He secided to go to the Greybeards. Top Cat jumped on a carriage to Riften when he heard rumors of a guild of thieves.

Top Cat soon found a man who worked for the thieves guild. He got arrested trying to steal a ring in a test he was given to join. Top Cat paid the 25 gold and went back to the man. He met him later in the sewers which had a few rats and thugs that tried to attack Top Cat but were killed but Lydia helped Top Cat kill them. After collecting some debt money he was accepted into the guild. Top Cat put on his new guild armour and set out for the Throat of the World.

Last edited by Kerr on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:16 am 
Champion
Champion

WW2Gamer wrote:
Is there a Dead on Dead thread for Morrowind? If so I'd like to sign up on that since I am making a new character and I don't own skyrim, sorry.

You're free to start one up.

I'd imagine the graveyard will fill up pretty quick XD

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:39 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion,Skyrim,ESO
Platform: Xbox 360,Xbox One
So far my Morag Tong assassin Sythe is doing great got to level 7 today but came to close to death while on a mission to kill Dunmer skooma dealers.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:47 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Platform: Ps3
Ok I haven't created a character specifically for this but I did create a Breton that has yet to die at lvl 39. That may change soon. Here is a bio:
Tyrelius was just a normal 19 year old Breton, in skyrim to find his sisters who were kidnapped by vampiric cults. He crossed the border illegally, narrowly escaping death after his capture. He joined the guard hadvar to his home of riverwood, and discovered a tremendous world of smithing and conjuring. On a whim, he ventured north to whiterun and apprenticed under farengar. Little did he know his role in the world was of great importance...
One year later...
Now twenty, Tyrelius has mastered the arts of smithing and enchanting, as well as conjuration. He discovered his innate talent for swordsmanship and now is planning an assault o the vampire cult near morthal. He fears the worst for his sisters, but knows they are alive. However, their life may have come at a cost of their mortality...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21  Next