UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: PAX West 2017
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:05 pm 
Wiki Admin
Wiki Admin

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, Pc
UESPoints: 10
Hey everyone! It is that time of year again. I'll be going to PAXPrime this year, and as always I'm looking for questions you guys want answered from the representatives who will be there. Just a few notes, questions like "When is the next TES game going to be released?" or "Can we get (insert favorite NPC-Only race) as a playable race next game?" don't ever get answered. In fact, they rarely answer questions about what the future holds for the Elder Scrolls Series unless the information has already been released and they are clarifying it. Fun questions and questions over the reasons for things announced are always great options. If your question is the right type for the topic, you might even get it asked live from PAX!

Also, please note that this thread is for General Elder Scrolls questions only. If you have specific questions on Legends or ESO, please post the questions in the topics in other forums! That way, I can keep the questions straight on who I'm asking who and what! :)

Post subject: Re: PAX West 2017
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:09 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: Battlespire, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 7
I don't know if this would fall under "future content" as far as whether they'd answer it, considering that we are within a few months of release, but a few questions about the Switch edition of Skyrim:

- Would they know if, graphics-wise, it's the original edition or Special Edition? (Or somewhere in-between that is specifically tailored to the Switch?) I've read conflicting information and don't think they've officially answered this yet.
- Any word on mod or Creation Club support?
- Would they also know a release date (more specific than "holiday 2017")?

Twitch channel: Offline

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:35 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC, XBOX, 360
UESPoints: 2
Once and for all:

Do Khajiit, Argonians, or other beast races have tail bones? Why are there no skeletons with tails?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:02 pm 
Wiki Admin
Wiki Admin

Platform: Xbox, Pc
I can answer that one. They do have tail bones. And there ARE skeletons with tails in ESO that are clearly Argonians. I think there are Khajiit ones too, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:14 am 
Warder
Warder

That's new, then. I was recalling an ESO quest where an Argonian ghost sent you on some quest that lead to her tail-less remains.

I'll have to think of something else. How about, now, since they've dabbled in tangible media with a card game, would they consider further branching into the realm of miniatures, say a tabletop skirmish/war game or campaign rpg?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:20 am 
Global Wiki Admin
Global Wiki Admin

ES Games: All
Platform: PC, Switch
UESPoints: 420
Imbalance wrote:
That's new, then.

It is. I have an undead Argonian skeleton in my player house :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:13 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
UESPoints: 14
legoless wrote:
It is. I have an undead Argonian skeleton in my player house :lol:
Sounds like a terribly shy roommate to have :lol:

I have one question, based off of this thread here: Do they have anything planned for the three heroes portrayed in the ESO cinematic trailers? Namely for future content outside of ESO i.e Legends, future releases, in-game books, IRL books, ect?

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:20 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: III, IV, V
Platform: XB1
Imbalance wrote:
How about, now, since they've dabbled in tangible media with a card game, would they consider further branching into the realm of miniatures, say a tabletop skirmish/war game or campaign rpg?
I'd imagine they'll want to see how the 2 Fallout table-top games pan out first:
Fallout Board Game
Fallout Miniatures Skirmish-Style Game

But yeah I would also be interested to know what the plans are regarding Fantasy Flight Games (or whoever) doing a TES board game at some point.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:06 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
If Bethesda had the budget that was similiar to A Game Of Thrones, what would they like to do a series on?

With the recent rise in popularity, what do they feel the future of TES is? (in a general sense, not TESVI) and what potential spinoffs would they love to do?

Will we get a Blackreach sized Dungeon in Creation Club? And what are the general guidelines for Creation Club canon? E.g. Dwarven Mudcrab may not be canon due to it being just that whilst an entire dungeon about an obscure bit of Nordic lore is.

With the recent retcons of the Great War via Legends, are there any plans to delve deeper into the Great War events?

If one game(not including Skyrim because of the recent ports) had to be choosen to redo from scratch within an average TES development cycle, what game would they love to redo and how would they do it?

Will Creation Club adhere to lore? e.g. no Dwemer rifles or guns. Or will things like the Dovahsphere(The spacecore) be allowed but as something that is not canon.

This is not a TES question but could be worth it. There are rumours of two unnamed projects being worked on. Are they just rumours?
With the Switch version, was the decision to implement the Joy Con controls voluntary or something Nintendo requested?

What spin offs in TES history would they love to bring back and improve on? E.g TES adventures, the travel games.

If they(bethesda) could go back and expand on in terms of Skyrim DLC, which DLC would it be and what would they add to it?

Does Bethesda and Zenimax consider Mark Kirkbridge/Kirbride(i can never get his name right)'s stuff to be legitimate? E.g. CODA

Which source of information would they recommend for newcomers to TES? E.g. TES Wikia, UESP, The Imperial Library.

If they had a choice to work on one franchise outside of Fallout and TES, which one would it be and why?

What features from the 5 main games would they love to implement into X TES game. E.g. levelling from Skyrim into Oblivion.

What are their thoughts on the recent Beyond tamriel mod?

Spears have been removed from TES. There are a few mods that brings them back and allow them to be used as another form of Combat. With the Creation Club, is there a possibility of Skyrim recieving new forms of combat? E.g. Spears, a improved unarmed combat.

What is the biggest mistake the franchise has ever made?

If they were to make Daggerfall and Arena sized games, how would they approach it?

Do Zenimax still consult Bethesda for major lore changes?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:45 pm 
Warder
Warder

You could always give them another poke, on behalf of inquiring minds, about Mir Corrup...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:11 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim, Online, Legends
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
I would also be interested to know if Creation Club content will be canon/lore-friendly? I assumed it was, until I saw the content that was released for Fallout 4 was a bit shaky in regards to lore. If it isn't, it's a shame, because I thought that was one of the primary incentives, the prospect of new content for players who keep their playthroughs strictly adherent to the lore.

Also, not sure if they could answer this, but it would be good to get some extra clarification on the type of content coming with Creation Club. Can we expect to see content on a larger scale to what we currently have on the Creation Club? Such as new locations, and quests, rather than just weapons, armor, and cosmetics, etc.