UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:56 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Your Own Realm Of Oblivion
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:40 am 
Novice
Novice

UESPoints: 0
Since I've seen a lot of new members joining I'll bump this.

If you had the ability to create your own Realm of Oblivion what would it be like?

Using anything that already exists in TES, real life, or mabye something completely original and yours.

My realm would have eternal night. With 4 moons. Surrounded by an endless ocean. The plains would be vast and open. The forests would resemble the forests of Cyrodiil. There would be 10 villages that look like Falkreath or Riverwood. The main city would resemble Victorian London. There would be a dwemer observatory on a small hill in the middle of the city that stands a little taller than all the buildings around it. Graveyards would be spread throughout the city. All the technology in my realm would be from the 1800s. There would be factories, breweries, distilleries, and processing plants. The inhabitants would hunt whales for food and oil. Mortals would be ruled over either by humans or vampires depending on which side controls their respective village or section of the city. The vampires would employ skeletons, zombies, ghosts, wraiths, werewolves, gargoyles, death hounds and necromancers. Humans would employ harpies, regular dogs, and trolls. I would appear in my true form as a combination of spider, troll, werewolf, and vampire lord. My artifact would be "Mooneater". Who's power would depend on how visible the moons are. And just for fun I would have a more brutal, cunning version of the Dawnguard to wage war against the vampires in an endless war for control of the whole realm in my name.

Have fun. :)

Last edited by The Dread Lord on Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Your Own Realm Of Oblivion
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:55 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim, Morrowind
Platform: PC
My realm would be very colorful. The buildings would look like Anvil's, yet more modern: Much like Los Angeles. The people would dress in clothing styles from the 50's, and they ride on flying disks, rather than horses. There are also many palm trees and flowers. It would be the Daedric realm of the future.

There would be a path of trees, which the Flying Disks follow, and large gold and ebony landing pads in the towns/cities. The flying discs would look like what people from the 1950's thought flying saucers would look like.

My palace would be a large Googie/Art Deco skyscraper like building on the center of the island, and inside it would have lavish retro-futuristic decor. My soldiers would look like retro robots, and they would wield laser crossbows.

There would be car like vehicles in the cities. They would look a lot like the ruined cars in Fallout 3. There would be mage greaser gangs who modify their cars with magic.

Finally, my Daedric relic would be a laser gun like weapon. It would be chrome, and it would have a mint green plastic handle, which says in Brush Script "Charellowizer".
When fired, the Charellowizer (chartreuse mixed with yellow for the name, add izer to the end) would shoot a bolt of focused, green lightning, and produce small glass deposits at the location which the bolt hit.

Last edited by Jeelius-Tei on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:35 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
Mine would be a copy of Tamriel but brighter and inhabited by Demoras, Rabbits, Kittens, Dragons(a rip off version), talking weapons and so forth. By day, it is utopia. By night, it is worse then Bal's realm due to the nightly civil wars which last thousands of years but all take place in one night.. As for the artifacts, a "Reaper" which is a squid shaped unarmed weapon which inflicts fire damage and shoots fireballs from a distance.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:18 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC(Morrowind, Skyrim)
UESPoints: 1
Mine would be a massive desert with a large forest in the center and a freshwater ocean surrounding the desert. Days would be almost blinding when out in the open, and nights almost pitch black, even with a torch.

In the center of the realm would be the one of the two bastions of civilization, in the form of a large city built on and within the largest mountain. The city itself would be alike in appearance to Gondor from LotR and its residents would regularly venture out into the wilds to prove themselves and gain bragging rights.

The forests would be inhabited by larger versions of the typical forest critters, with deer being the size of horses and everything else to perspective, while the desert would be barren, only occupied by large lizards, which the second city uses for transportation, that scurry across the sands at speeds no horse could match.

The second city lies upon the southern coast, or really, the ocean. In the form of a large floating city that extends into the desert, the inhabitants depend upon the ocean and the desert to sustain them and have locked the city to the shore by large anchors affixed to the rocky shore.

The two cities have a fierce rivalry and often war with one another. The ocean, like the forest, contains larger versions of the typical creatures present, with a few... more unusual residents.
Present between the two cities would be a large palace to contain and house the ruler, myself, and a large forum where the two cities could choose to negotiate but never do.
Far to the north, lies the ruins of a city long forgotten to history. Now only beasts inhabit the ancient stone walls.

All races are welcome to the realm, but few ever gain entry. As such, the populace has long since forgotten about Tamriel and has developed their own religions, languages, and customs.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:22 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
UESPoints: 14
Mmmm.. if I was to have my own personal realm.. oh what a realm it shall be.. tis be it named Eternal Lament.. the realm of fear and sorrow :D
Above all else, the sky of umbra, shaded grey it is yet bright like undeath. The sunitself is cast of a black void with white flames blazing forth, as if ever trapped in an eclipse. The sky be neither night nor day, yet both at the same time. Stars and their faint simmers can be seen if the eye is strained, but seen like they are falling like the dead they be. Towards the black sun a spiral of grim energy flows from the very land, up into the void like a black hole in truth. As the spiral nears the sun, it loses all color and turns pale, but from the very land it looks as if a nebula is near. To this is the very sky itself, never present with a cloud and always tinting the ground in it's shade.

As for the land itself, vast forests of tall to scarce there are. The trees look twisted and turned, dead it's bark is and fruitless it's branches. Upon inspection the trees seem to share faces, in agony just as the wood itself resembles. However the trees are indeed alive, and move they can, unwind it's twist and lean it shall, for unwary ventures will get lost in it's domain and draw upon your fears. However not all trees are of agony, the mighty and tall that cast much of the canopy bears many leaves, but so too chains that hang and even cages of the damned. Thus two forests can be made, or combined they could. Scarce and alone or grouped and thick. The floor and dirt have with them grass of a sickly shade, some may cut your flesh while others may simply hide the rotting of flesh of the fallen. Exotic flowers or ferns may arise, but expect them of jungle and swamp. A fog roles about, unpredictable it shall. It breaths and feels much alive, but those who are caught will experience dementia, paranoia, and witness their fears be birthed. Water may flow just like any nature, it's surface simmers like silver but hides what may be beneath. Be careful for the drink, for it may drag you in if your hands go deep.

Not all of the land is of trees, plains, or swamps. Oh no, ruins of stone and civilizations dot the terrain, some are much older than the last. They can tower above the trees or hide beneath. They can tunnel into the ground or merely cave in to the dirt. Even valleys and cliffs plaque the land, however the black sun is never out of sight somehow, even if filtered. However some city-states are made, the mightiest of all with it's stone walls be where the prince's throne sits. Of the cities or towns, expect gothic style of stone and carving. None look of rich or slum, but unique. Those of dementia would call this place paradise if they could.

As for my denizens, the beasts are those that'll give you a creep, some may be phantoms of fog and others may be monsters that mimic the trees. The most common are ravens akin to demons, with 4 eyes that glow of red and talons that can shred. Spiders are present when they can, but large and hungry. However these are but beats.. not daedra.. oh no.. the lowest of class may be bound by chains and weights, a weapon or burden? But their screams may shred your sanity in soon. Tormented and monstrous they are, so their faces are wrapped in bandages but an unhinged jaw still moves. Their skin is pale and scarred in full. Above them there are suits of armor that are thick and hollow, a black mist seep out it's vents, and claymores to axes they wield. The armor itself is bruised and dented, barbaric and full, but decorated in menace like the ironknuckles of zelda. Guardians of the land, they can turn to stone and hide as statues till needed, so the ruins fit well with their methods of ambush. High above there stands the true denizens, gender or not, they look humanoid. Tall and pale, thin and quiet, they act as a clan and wear black patched robes. Skilled in magic and deceit, yet shy of light, they stand true to their prince. Unique to them to avoid dangers, they can evade in a shroud of ink and darkness, only to appear where they wished. To why most cities have empty streets.. few mortals ever catch sight of them unless they wished.. thus adding on the the sense of isolation. Any mortal races are given access if they find so.. or brought to.. however few can even face the challenges present. Those that are selectively chosen are given privilege to live among the daedra in the city-states, but they are banned from ever leaving the realm. For any who stay too long may grow pale and cold and hear their heart slow. Those that accept it may live eternally in this new found bliss of sorrow, but those who deny.. depression turns them to crippled stone as they grow colder and lifeless.. to the point where they may fall like ash upon a touch.

So while indeed my realm would love to send shrills up your spine, what of my artifact? I'll call it Blade of dire Sorrow, while indeed it slowly infringes pain upon self when you attack another, they cannot help but share in that pain too.. so much so that the agony is enough to bring a warrior to their knees.. however it does not stop their.. upon an eclipse or in it's realm, the user has access to the same power as the mighty denizens. The user may escape in a shroud of darkness and appear where he/she wishes.. however it must be in sight and within range.. however the more you use this power.. the closer you are to losing self.. for the blade feeds off of despair.. be it yours or others.. so unlucky you will be and the deeds you may be forced to do.

Rather good realm I'll say :mrgreen: really puts a highlight on "it's oblivion" huh :wink: plus it draws upon so many fears and fits so well with darkness

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:28 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion, Arena
Platform: PS3, PC
Other Profiles: Pickleghost, Hippopickleghost
Mine would be Middle-Earth, except it would be Middle-Nirn.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:11 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: 1 to 5 of the main series, none of the spinoffs
Platform: xbox 360 skyrim, all else pc
Other Profiles: Steam: Dovawolf
Mine would be an oak forest at dusk, always at dusk, with the occasional ruined castle as a silhouette against the sunset. It would be too dark in the woods and in the castle to see the inhabitants, but they're mostly just curious shadows who follow outsider around for a little while. There would be huge black deer within the wood, and strange spectral knights within the castles, there would be foxes, wolves and bears etc. but they would all be black and leave little trails of shadows where they roam. Also, visitors must be wary of a tall warrior in leather armour, with no face, who follows you for a while, and eventually, you know the rest.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:51 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: morrowind, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, PC
Mine would be just like the Smoky Mountains in the middle of Fall. Nice and cool, the leaves always red and yellow and orange. Bears, and deer, and other wild animals to hunt, or just to watch. And of course, to go along with it, a pro quality soccer field at the very edge, just cus I couldn't live without playing soccer.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:36 pm 

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
Another realm of mine would be one large libary but with many settlements split into genres. Unlike Mora's realm, the books are titled and a never ending supply of drinks and food are available. The sky is a beautiful shade of blue and the floor is made out of the softest materials available. As well as there being thousands of tables to sit at. The creatures are called Liberians. They take on a humanoid form and do not tolerate people destroying the books. To do so is to get killed and spend 1000 years in a pitch black closet filled with the screams of the damnned.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:04 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
UESPoints: 14
I get the distinct impression that my gothic invision seems to be the most.. cruel out of the bunch.. except for Emzi's, I can find us getting along and lost in each other's forests or ruins

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:55 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games: I, II, III, IV, V. Once I caught a fish alive.
Platform: PC & Playstation
UESPoints: 20
Didn't you know? This is my Daedric Realm.

Really my realm would be a pretty nice place to live. Have the normal stuff a world would have, day night cycle, weather and what have you. It would certainly contain a lot of variety in landscapes and environments. It would also be really advanced with cool sci-fi stuff. Mortals are welcome to come of course, assuming they aren't [&@%!]. Make sure people have food and housing and all that, interact with them. Also willing to carry other other kinds of wishes, within reason of course. Also I would take full advantage of the shape shifting ability of Daedric Princes and look like whatever I want whenever I want.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:55 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Arena, Oblivion (5th Ann; PS3 + PC, GoTY; PS3), Skyrim (All Expansions; PS3)
Platform: Playstation 3, PC
Mmm...My own realm of Oblivion...

I would like to see zombified deers, rabbits (you know, half-bitten-off and chewed ears, limbs missing et c.) Running and Limping around with their organs hanging out.

The inhabitants would serve me with their lives, they'll also be connected to me in health, so if I catch a cold, they'll get one as well... [Not that I would catch a cold... ;)]

It would be very cold, at the same time dark and snowy :D (the only other weather change is when it's raining)

Humans would be held on leashes by Dunmer, where the Dunmer are completely striped of their clothes but must wear an amulet dedicated to me. And the humans are clothed. (that way around)

Finally, anyone that tries to leave my realm falls into a bottomless pit at over 300m/s^(-2). Where after I get bored I'll simply respawn them in-front of my throne with none of their limbs.
Any other sort of crime committed by Dunmer or Human such as theft/murder to other Dunmer/Human gets no penalty.
If a crime is committed against me personally, their limbs come off. :-)

Enjoy my realm of Oblivion newcomers!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:53 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion & Skyrim
Platform: PS3
My realm would be dedicated to the undead. It will be very apocalyptic, settlements overrun with all sorts of undead. People who defy me will be out there, struggling to survive in a unending zombie apocalyps. But there is 1 city, and in that city my champions and worshippers will live. But all of them are some kind of undead (ghosts, zombies, skeletons) and in that city is where my throne will be. Mortals know my realm as Undead Nightmare.

Me, the deadric prince of Undead, will appear in all kinds of undead. But i prefer to appear as a Bonelord to most mortals.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:42 pm 
The New Number Two
The New Number Two

ES Games: Mw, Ob, Sk
UESPoints: 1
Infinite Vegas, being attacked by Godzilla

My throne would be on top of a comfortable, armoured bunker worn on Godzilla's head from where I would sip cold drinks and observe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:55 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Online
Platform: PC (I - V, O), Xbox 360 (IV, V)
Other Profiles: JumboWheat01 (XBL/Steam/PSN/ESO)
UESPoints: 3
My realm would be a realm of eternal silence. No matter what happens, no noise would ever be made.

On the plus side, it wouldn't be a bad area to look at. Quite possibly your standard fantasy deserted isle, sandy beaches, lots of trees, lots of water. Just absolutely NO sound.

People will be begging for Sheogorath's realm in no time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:36 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC, XBOX, 360
UESPoints: 2
The sphere of the Daedric Prince Imbalance is that which cannot exist. Therefore, my realm would greatly resemble Toon Town, as seen in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?".
My palace would be the ACME factory, where all manner of impossibilities would be produced.
My relic is the Eye of Nostromo - a lense that reveals the dual nature of all things.
My realm is host to the Third Entity, which, as witnessed only with the power of the Eye, destroys dualism. Due to the presence of this aspect, my plane shall be devoid of any consistency of day or night, war or peace, joy or sorrow. Not even time nor space can be compassed, as once-corporeal beings of substance will frequently find themselves reduced to two-dimensional caricatures, somehow still living, anti-aliased, stretched beyond mathematical reason, bound to a fatefully erratic schedule.
Indeed, the residents here would have much to lament, as if forever doomed to dwell in an animated M.C. Escher painting. Yet their will shall be their own, and the imaginative will find advantages in this manic scenario. Some, driven by sheer improbability, may even thrive. But only the dedicated elite will discover how to exploit the inherent magical energy and modify this plane to fulfill their own desires. To them, impossibility does not exist.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:50 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Skyrim
Platform: PC, Xbox 360
Oh, I've always wanted to have my own realm of Oblivion. I get the following is more about his artifact than anything else, but the realm itself isn't all that great. It's snowy. There, realm.

He is the Daedric Prince Kodiak, Lord of Ice, Ruler of the Snow, King of Those Who Have Been Wronged. He is the heart of all winter and cold, and is widely considered to be one of the few morally good Daedra in existence, being the voice for those who have none. He is the patron of children, the downtrodden, vigilantes and those who have generally been wronged.

His realm is "Frosthaven," a wintry realm covered in an eternal snow. While an ocean of biting cold and glaciers are the norm, at the center of it all is the Island of Frosthaven, a land of snowy forests that have their own unique beauty unrivaled by most any other plane of Oblivion. Home to many types of beautiful flora and fauna, the forests of Frosthaven are desired by many other Daedric Princes to be their's, including Hircine. The capital of Frosthaven is a city known as Snowheart, a lovely little city with a strange blend of Cyrodiilic and Nordic architecture. At the center of that is the Palace of Kodiak, a place that is said to be the heart of all winter.

Kodiak has been associated with several different artifacts, most notable of which is the Cloak of Justice. Legend has it that, sometime during the Third Era, as Kodiak was admiring the wintry conditions of Windhelm, he met a little girl, homeless, orphaned and freezing to death. Feeling pity on the girl, he fashioned the most beautiful cloak you ever saw and enchanted it to protect her from the cold. The girl was thankful and Kodiak was happy. Fearing for the girl's safety, he disguised himself as a common adventurer and began to lead the girl to the city of Riften to bring her to the orphanage.

Along the way, they were beset upon by bandits. While Kodiak fought valiantly, he couldn't save the girl from being slaughtered. Her blood stained the cloak, turning it a bright red. Angered, Kodiak unleashed a wave of ice and froze the bandits, turning them into pure ice. Kodiak took the girl and cloak and brought them to Frosthaven. He was able to bring the girl back, as a tree, the symbol of vitality and peace. The cloak, meanwhile, was given new life as well. While it does still provide its resistance to cold and frost, it allows those of virtue to smite evildoers around them with a wave of ice. However, it only works on humanoids and only on those Kodiak considers morally abhorrent. In addition, if a wrongdoer wears the cloak, he is turned into a statue carved of Stalhrim.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:58 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Platform: 360; PC
Other Profiles: SadeLeamonde; AedanStarfang
Mine would be dark, always night and look similar to "The Dark City" in the World that Never Was, in Kingdom Hearts II. It'd be inhabited by vampires, and an elite - upper caste of vampires whom would be the chosen of said Daedric Prince and would be allowed to dwell in his palace. The streets would be murky and ill-illuminated, and contain bums and vagabonds and lesser vampires and demons feeding on them. There would be taverns and nightclubs galore and of course a red-lantern district.