UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The TES Roleplayer's Thread
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:19 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 7
Hrolf Alfblod wrote:
Ok, I guess that was true, about Sylmirie and Ondolemar. I like to think it was Onmund that took him out, in your story, and not the Stormcloaks, lol.
Perhaps I was mistaken, but didn't Felina have some weird vampire fling? Oh well. It doesn't matter. You write that stuff well. That's what matters.

Thanks for the compliment!

Oh, yeah...Felina did make out with Serana a couple times. :S She can't be held completely responsible for what she does under the influence of skooma, right? I by no means condone the cheating of spouses, being married myself. Its just sometimes things happen with these characters that are somewhat out of my control. The way I like to approach it is: its their story, they tell it.

And aww you guys love Sylmirie more than I realized! Probably because she's fierce and definitely not the girl next door. She'll be around these parts, no worries. PS: The Stormcloaks beat me to it. I suppose I can reveal the truth now that I was actually planning on having Onmund kill Ondolemar but dammit the Stormcloaks were just faster and juicier.

I agree, Dika, we need more stories! You should write one. :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:36 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyim, Morrowind, Oblivion
Platform: Xbox 360
UESPoints: 0
That's too bad about Sylmirie, not many altmer that I actually like outside Nurelion. Anyhow, I've had me an orc for a year named Yagrat Blood-Huffer. He doesn't huff blood but he does plow bar wenches, guzzle mead(preferably honningbrew), and throw his hammer at other living things for fun. Your average orc fellow, really.

Spoiler:
The cold wind blew harshly in the valley, as a snowflake fell it was crushed as by a heavy orcish boot. Yagrat Blood-Huffer laughed and tossed his Volendrung over his shoulder as he stood over the cliff overlooking a beautiful vista “One can only hide so long monster! Show yourself!” The werewolf silently barred his teeth and leaped up with a blood curdling roar only to be smashed like a furry baseball off into the distance. Yagrat chuckled and turned around swinging Volendrung around with him with a whoosh. A pack of werewolves began to close in and surround, the alpha skulked out front and clenched one hand then looked Yagrat in the eye and roared deafeningly. Yagrat held his hammer in both hands and took a step back as the hulking werewolf charged then charged forward himself angling his shoulder pad forward. Even the air seemed to gasp as the two collided in a mess of muscle and metal, the two pinning each other then began to wrestle and vie for a better grip, and suddenly the werewolf howled at the crimson moon and easily picked up a surprised Yagrat and slammed him into the earth until he ceased resisting. As the werewolf stepped back in a frenzied rage Yagrat picked himself up, clearing the stars from his vision and saw his hammer sitting upright in the dirt.

“Don’t desert me Malacath….” He coughed blood and picked up his hammer, turning around once more he planted his feet and assumed a dominant posture “Stop beast, I’m not finished yet!” The werewolf turned around and almost seemed too smile, it paused a minute then charged at full speed. Yagrat began to swing his hammer and introduced the hammer to the werewolf with a well-placed blow to the lower neck. Then, sparing no time he raised his hammer and brought down the hammer down on the mortally wounded beast’s head as hard he could. The other wolves watched with no clear expression, Yagrat pulled out a small bottle and emptied the contents down his dry throat watching the wolves warily. Volendrung glowed with eager blood lust as it seemingly drank the werewolf blood dripping from its spikes and handle bar. Then the entire pack attacked at once, all 5 werewolves charged a waiting Yagrat. Seeing no point in breaking all the bones in his body Yagrat turned and ran straight off the sheer cliff face with all five wolves following close behind; as they plummeted down a wolf angled it’s snout down and dived after Yagrat, seeing no other option he pulled his left hand back and grabbed the werewolf by the mouth then swung the struggling beast around and slammed him into the cliff face as hard as he could to deal with a second diving close behind.
Leaving the wrecked corpse of the first wolf to fall Yagrat this time swung his hammer up and caught the werewolf in the stomach swinging Volendrung clear through the beast’s body and letting the tattered corpse fall “This is getting old fast….troll’s blood, what’s next, dragons?” Yagrat’s question was answered accordingly as fate dealt him a wildcard, the dragon roared irritably as the last two werewolves went down the enormous dragons open mouth. Yagrat cursed violently and rolled to his feet dragging his hammer behind him much to the dragon’s discontent “Malacath curse my wretched soul! This is too bloody much even for Volendrung!” The dragon roared and did a barrel roll dropping Yagrat off his back and into a free-fall again. The dragon swooped in below; however Yagrat laughed and jammed the dragon’s mouth open with Volendrung’s handle “I shall not die this day dragon! You’re going to have to try on Turdas!” Yagrat laughed inanely and drew his obscenely large dwarven dagger from its shoulder mounted scabbard slashed up the dragon’s mouth as he perched on his hammer.

“Had enough yet ya scaly [&@%!]!” Yagrat’s rage surged through his body with alarming speed and made every cut deeper, every blow harder, and every wound twice as painful. Finally having enough the dragon exhaled and sent Yagrat flying with his hammer and dagger, then cirled around readying a fire breath run as Yagrat picked dug himself out of a snowbank heaving with rage. Needing no words he sheathed his dagger and hefted up his hammer with ease as the dragon drew yet nearer, it opened its mouth and that’s when Yagrat spotted his opening. As it inhaled Yagrat picked up Volendrung and spun around to gain momentum, as the dragon drew yet closer he began to spin faster and faster letting the cold wind whip around his hammer violently. Finally he released his grip on Volendrung and it flew straight and true into the dragon’s mouth as a jet of fire began to take shape. The lizard buckled and shook into a crash landing as the hammer tore its way down the beast’s neck and into its belly. Yagrat chuckled as the dragon’s stomach sucked inward and exploded violently throwing innards all over the surrounding area. Seeing his hammer lodged in the creature’s sphincter he began to jog over to retrieve it when he beheld a beautiful sight, the dragon’s very flesh seemingly melted off of its bones and its soul began to fuse with Yagrat’s. A sense of calm and power washed over him and he felt good as the dragon soul fused with his. With the last of the soul absorbed he pulled his hammer out of the dead dragon’s stomach and turned around to see the snow steeped road “And I was worried that I was lost!”

To denounce the evils of truth and love.
Until our post count reaches the stars above.

Spoiler:
Musicman247 wrote:
I don't suck, I blow.

Last edited by Derp53 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:33 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Derp, that was SO GOOD! Your writing improves with every story. See? Its all about inspiration and practice, nice work! I never knew you had an Orc.

Gods, do I need to get off this thread. I'm loving it today. :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:15 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I've always wanted to have at least one orc ever. Orcs look awful in Oblivion so I made one in Skyrim, also I'm just good at drawn out combat scenes. Or, I like them anyway.

Spoiler:
Musicman247 wrote:
I don't suck, I blow.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:42 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
I'm enjoying reading the stories you all have!

My last story didn't really have a place in a continued storyline. It was just a fleeting desire to write about what I was doing. To help flesh out the reason behind my wanton murder. This story however, could very well be part of a continuing story.

I wanted to build a Hearthfire house. But alas I have no characters who would live in a large mansion. And I was quite happy with Secrets' home in Riften. I came up with an interesting twist as to why he'd build a mansion in the first place. And kept expanding on the idea until I had what could be an interesting story for Secrets. Takes him out of his comfort zone (The dark corner of your bedroom) and throws him into a role he never thought he'd play!

Spoiler:
A cold wind howled through the swaying trees of the old Skyrim forest, leafless branches creaking back and forth in the night air. Thin shadows danced under the light of the twin moons Masser and Secunda, the former dominating the great darkness of the night’s sky. This was an eerie place. Sounds emanated from the frosted swamps around the old road, accompanied by luminescent lights dancing in the foreboding fog that blanketed the ice. Fireflies, most likely, but the sounds coming from the water and the stench of death did nothing to quell the growing sense of danger about this place.

The wheels of the old wagon crushed the new fallen snow that littered the narrow path, leaving behind a trail that lead all the way back to Riften. The horse that pulled the rickety cart kept a swift pace, but it had still been a very long trip. It hadn’t been so bad when they started off, but as the sun dropped and the wagon made it’s way north and across all of Skyrim the temperature dropped in turn. It was freezing here in the marshes of Hjaalmarch, and the frigid wind wasn’t helping matters. One of the passengers, a young girl with shoulder length, dark blond hair sat shivering, her arms wrapped around herself in a desperate attempt to capture her warmth. A dull, brown blanket was wrapped around her body to help with the cold, a gift from the man who drove the wagon, but it did little to stop the chill that soaked into her very bones. Runa Fair-Shield was her name, an orphan of Honorhall Orphanage. Or rather she use to be. To her surprise she had been adopted. Finally, after so long living under the old crone Grelod the Kind. Runa had often prayed for the day she’d get adopted, a chance to escape the cruelty of Grelod and the old woman’s constant beatings and mistreatment. Yet this man who had adopted her… Was not what she expected.

She found herself looking up at him once again with dark brown eyes filled with curiosity and suspicion. He reminded her of someone, but she still couldn‘t quite place it. He was an argonian man with dark green scales and a head of golden feathers. Yet more distinct were the yellow markings that streaked under each eye and across his argonian brow from his snout over either eye, and the strange yellow marks around his neck reminiscent of the swirling designs that emblazoned his mage’s vest. He wore the gray blue coat of a master wizard from the College, and a dull red vest that denoted mastery of the field of destruction. The nuances of the outfit’s importance was lost on the young nord, but the strange shimmering of magic she glimpsed when the light struck the threads just right was not. His robes were enchanted, and seemed to give off a soft warmth that allowed him to comfortably live out in this frozen land, despite his ancestry.

She knew who this man was the moment he spoke his name. Knows-Many-Secrets. The argonian battlemage was famous all across Skyrim. His quick wit and bravery were matched only by his magical potency, and his spells of fire were said to be a match for even the most fearsome of dragons. Constance, old Grelod’s former assistant and current owner of the Honorhall Orphanage, use to tell stories of this man whenever the old crone wasn’t listening. He saved people, slew dragons with only his magical might, and toppled ancient vampire kings armed only with his knowledge of the arcane and the clothes on his back. Runa had never thought she’d meet a hero like him in all her life, let alone become his adopted daughter, yet there was something else. Something in the back of her mind that made her feel like she had met this argonian before, but she couldn’t quite put her finger on it. The idea both intrigued and frightened her, though she did not know why.

Runa found herself remembering what had transpired when he first entered the orphanage back in Riften. Constance was standing by the fire with the children gathered, telling the tale of Queen Barenziah and how she had once traveled to Riften in her youth. It was the sort of story that was more of a history lesson than entertainment, but Runa and the others didn’t mind. It was nice just to have someone tell a story at all, even if it was a little sad. Constance stopped when she heard the door open, and stood up when she heard the footsteps of someone entering the orphanage. It was rare for anyone to come by, old Grelod had seen to it that no one in their right mind would think to stop by for a visit.

“Oh, hello! Welcome to Honorhall Orphanage!” Constance chimed as she quickly walked across the wooden floors. “I’m Constance Michel. I’m the caretaker here.. Did-” She paused as the visitor turned the corner, the argonian mage Knows-Many-Secrets. “O-oh… An argonian. Ah, welcome! Did you come here to adopt a child?” She asked, though the appearance of the wizard had taken the caretaker off guard.

The mage responded with a smile, or what may have been a smile. His rows of sharp, white teeth starkly visible against his dark green lips. “As a matter of fact, I am.”

“Ah, that’s…” Constance paused, examining the argonian closely. “I’m sorry, I just can’t seem to shake this feeling. Oh, it’s nothing.” Her words seemed to grow more shaky with each line, her eyes examining the argonian wizard with scrutiny. After a long, hard look she took a step back, eyes widening. Yet before she could open her mouth to speak, a scaled hand waved through the air.

“Please, have a seat.” The argonian spoke, his words cool and flowing with an even tone. His wavering hand came down, calmly gesturing toward the chairs on either side of the table in the main room.

Constance’s look of sudden fear faded instantly, eyes dulled and face blank of expression. “Please… Have a seat.” She echoed, sitting down gracefully as ever while gesturing toward the chair opposite her. “So you’re here to adopt a child?” She continued, her voice regaining the a small shade of emotion.

Runa watched the whole exchange with curiosity, the other children sinking away. Worry and concern filled the room. There was something at play here, something none of the orphans understood.

“Yes, I am. I’ve recently constructed a rather large manor in Hjaalmarch, and while quite roomy and pleasant I have begun to feet the place is just… Too big.” The argonian replied after taking his seat. “I had thought of settling down and starting a family, but alas. Love is so hard to find in this day and age. Especially for one of my kind… Not many argonians in Skyrim you know.” That same smile came back to the mage’s lips, both a snarl and a grin in one.

“Yes, I understand.” Constance replied, suddenly blinking her eyes. “Ah, sorry.” She replied with a smile, shaking her head. “I just felt a little light headed… What was your name, sir?” The look in her eye was back to normal, but all sense of suspicion and fear was gone.

“Ah yes.” The argonian replied with a deep, throaty chuckle. “How could I forget? I am Knows-Many-Secrets, for I know MANY secrets. Pleased to meet you.” He announced with a bow of his head.

“O-oh my! Knows-Many-Secrets? You’re not.. The battlemage are you?” Constance replied, clearly impressed. “I thought you were an adventurer. Um… Will you… Be able to care for the child? I don’t mean to insinuate or anything, but… You don’t exactly live a stable life.”

“Oh no, do not worry I completely understand. I travel very often. Or did. I was thinking of… Settling down. Staying in one place. Maybe live out the rest of my life in peace.” Secrets replied calmly. “Of course even if I were gone, the child would be well cared for. I have a housecarl and personal steward already hired. Even a bard. And as I said, it is quite a nice home.”

“oh my, well.. This is all very surprising, Mister Knows-Many-Secrets. Or Lord, I suppose. Thane, right? You’re a Thane here in Riften…”

“And Morthal. And Winterhold… I’m also a professor at the College of Winterhold. And yes, I have a home here in town as well. Perhaps I’ll bring the child back to visit from time to time, hmm?” The argonian was quick to reply, leaning back casually in his chair. He was so confident, so sure of himself. Yet even if Constance seemed blinded by his charm, there was something else to the argonian battlemage. Something that just felt… Wrong. He turned his head, cold, reptilian eyes falling on Runa. She immediately recoiled, as if his very eyes could do her harm. “Ah, you’re a fine young girl, aren’t you?” he asked, standing up and moving across the room to stand before the children.

“Yes. I am.” Runa said, defiant toward her own creeping fears. There was something about this man before her, something that brought a chill to her spine. The other children sank back, but not her. She wouldn’t show this creature her fear. “I’m Runa Fair-Shield. I’m strong. And.. And quick. And willing to do any chore.” Runa wasn’t sure why she said that. She felt like she needed to prove herself to him, but why?

“I ssee.” He replied, a slight hiss in his voice. He took a knee, standing at her level now, and all the world around them seemed to melt away. It was just Runa and this creature now, this famous hero she had only known in story. Or perhaps, some monster in a heroes‘ guise. “Tell me, Runa. Would you like to come live with me?” He asked, his tone lower and deeper than before. His voice made her hands tremble for a moment. She took a sudden breath to control herself. There was something wrong about this man, yet his words sounded… Sweet. In a way Runa couldn’t understand. “My home is quite large, and between you, me, my loyal steward, and stalwart housekarl, we’ll be like one. Big. Family.” The last word seemed to tingle in her ears. Family. Something she had long wanted. Ever since she came to this dreadful place. For so long she had thought it was Grelod that made this place unlivable, but the moment he said that word she came to realize how much she resented this drifty, wooden shamble of an orphanage. Even with Constance looking after them, even caring for them, she could never stop hating this place.

A part of her screamed in the back of her mind to run. There was something wrong about this man, this creature. Yet she remained firm, feet planted on the ground before him. She didn’t want to be an orphan anymore. “Yes.” Is all she managed to get out, her voice high and sharp. She let out a small breath, trying to collect her thoughts. Did she really agree to be this man’s daughter? “I… I would love to more than anything, Mister.”

The argonian smiled sweetly, or as sweetly as an argonian could. With the lips of a grinning crocodile, he moved a hand down to gently brush her hair. His hand was cold, and his touch made her shake ever so slightly. “Excellent.” The argonian said with a low hiss. “My dear, sweet Runa. Welcome to my Family.”

Her heart skipped a beat, eyes widening. She could feel herself trembling, but was it terror of excitement? It was that word again. Family. Despite all else, through the fear and suspicion that filled her mind, she could feel a smile come to her lips. There was no longer doubt in her mind that this creature before her was something dark, something evil. And yet she had never felt safer. “I… I’ll go pack my things.” She remembered to say, voice elated with joy. “Thank you.. Thank you Mister- Erm… Papa. T-thank you.” It was a strange thing to call this creature. But it was what she was suppose to do, wasn’t it? He was her father now. Before he could respond she rushed off to her room, ready to get her things.

The old wagon hit a bump jarring the young girl back to reality. She blinked, looking around the dark marshes. If ever there was a doubt in her mind that her new father was some sort of monster, it was long gone. This was not a place where heroes lived. Did she make a mistake agreeing to come with him? What kind of danger had she put herself into?

The wagon came in to a stop some time later, the driver calling back to his two passengers. “We’re here you two. Windstad Manor.”

Runa looked up, eager and more than a little afraid to see her new home. She half expected a damp cave filled with bones. Knows-Many-Secrets stood up, climbed off the back of the wagon and turned around to extend a hand to the young girl, his new daughter. “We’ve arrived, Runa. Come, and meet the rest of the Family.” He offered a reassuring smile, but it only served to remind Runa how large and sharp his teeth were.

She smiled in kind, forced as it was, and extended a shaking hand. Whether it was her nerves or the cold she wasn’t sure. He took her hand in his and guided her off her seat and off the wagon. She came down with a hop, feet planting firmly on the cold, snow covered ground. It was firmer than she thought it’d be, considering their environment. “Thank you.” She said in reflex.

He held her hand as they walked through the snow and grass. It didn’t take long for her to spot the house. Windstad Manor, a larger building Runa had never seen. Only the Riften palace rivaled the size, and even then the Manor felt so much more imposing. Perhaps because she had never seen the palace nearly this close. Timber pillars thick as trees held up walls of white stone and roofs of decoratively carved, shingled wood. Carved dragon’s heads peaked out from the high points of the monolithic building, looking out over the thick marshes, and three stone towers sprang from either side and back of the mansion. Each tower topped with an observational deck that overlooked the Sea of Ghosts just north. It was the sort of home a king might live in. Or a vampire lord…

“Welcome to Windstad Manor. Your new home.” The argonian said proudly, releasing her hand. From the shadows two figures seemed to appear. Runa jumped a little, surprised. Had she just not noticed them standing there?

One was a man clad in armor so black the night itself seemed bright in comparison. Ebony, she thought to herself. She could recall hearing about it in passing at the orphanage. It was said to be the most expensive metal in all of Tamriel, and harder than the finest steel. Nothing of the man beneath was visible, leaving only an imposing being of black metal. She might have mistaken him for a statue if he hadn’t moved, crossing his arms over his chest.

There was a woman beside him, small in comparison but clearly grown. It was hard to tell what she wore in the darkness, but it seemed to be a suit of black leather and cloth. Modest, yet form fitting, and backed with a long, black cloak that fell down to her knees. Though not as imposing as her ebony companion, the woman was just as unnerving. One eye was white as snow, dead, and she wore some sort of tattooed markings that ran down across the eye as a false scar. Two strikes going down from brow to cheek. And on her head she wore the head of a bear, teeth intact, with it’s fur falling down to her shoulders. “Oh, isn’t she the sweetest thing.” The woman spoke in a kind, tender voice. It would have been reassuring, if not for the black, metal collar that glittered in the dim light of Windstad Manor.

“Runa, this is Eola, my steward. My Sister. A more faithful Family member I could not ask for. She will cook you dinner, clean the manor, and take care of you when I am not around.” The argonian smiled again, sending the bear-helmed woman a look Runa didn’t quite understand. “She will also be an instructor to you. Show you the subtleties of not being seen. How to move and act.” He gestured a hand to the ebony man, continuing to speak. “Valdimar here is my sworn shield. A furious defender of myself and my properties, and of course you. If ever you find yourself in danger, my dear Runa, flee and find Valdimar. I dare say there is not a creature in all of Skyrim he could not best. He will also serve to show you the finer nuances of combat, so you might defend yourself more readily in times of need.”

Runa looked between the two, then back to her father. Curiosity had replaced her former inhibitions as she spoke out. “Why do I need to learn to hide?” She was about to ask more questions, but stopped herself. Dark brown eyes staring up at her argonian papa.

“So that the shadows will be your friend.” He replied, moving down to kneel again before his adopted daughter. A hand slipped behind his back, and for a moment Runa recoiled, thinking the worst. She forced herself forward again, eyes locked with his own. Her heart beat a little faster, eyes widening as he drew out a dagger of black steel. Ebony. Was this it? Was he going to kill her?

He held out the dagger to her, his other hand reaching down to lift her hands to the weapon. She thought to struggle, but couldn’t find the strength to move her arms away. Fear crept into her mind, eyes turning moist. This was it, her death. How stupid she was to follow him knowing what sort of creature he was. “I…” She tried to speak, but only silence escaped her lips.

“Kill one person and you can solve so many problems…” The argonian spoke, his voice low and sweet as before. There was a spark in his eye that could be seen even through the thick of night.

All at once it hit her. Runa looked up, eyes wide and tearful. Yet the pain of impending death was gone. Her face glowed with a sudden realization. “I wonder at the possibilities.” She replied, finishing his statement. But it was not his statement, she knew. It was hers. From so long ago. The day the old crone died. He was hooded then, masked with shadow and wielding some power she could scarce describe. That day had played in her head over and over, every night since. Her new father was the Brotherhood assassin that had killed Grelod the Kind.

She could feel her little fingers curling around the dagger’s hilt. The weapon was heavier than she thought it would be. The weight of power, she realized. The power to solve so many problems. In the darkness, the faintest smile came to her lips. “Thank you, Papa.”

“Welcome home, sweet Runa.” Knows-Many-Secrets replied, rising to stand. He took her free hand in his, and together the two walked toward the dreary mansion. This was her home now. A place she could finally feel safe and secure. Protected from the cruel and the wicked by the shadowy marshes and all the monsters that lurked within. This was her Sanctuary.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:12 pm 
Champion
Champion

Platform: Xbox, xbox 360
Other Profiles: Long Quan
Derp - Glad to see you post another story. It was highly entertaining, and your description of Yagrat literally made me laugh out loud. Well done!

Knows-Many Secrets - Wow! Please make this a continuing story. Great stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:09 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, all DLC, Oblivion, GoTY and aniversary, arena
Platform: X360/PC, X360/PC, PC.
UESPoints: 2
Hrolf Alfblod wrote:
Knows-Many Secrets - Wow! Please make this a continuing story. Great stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:25 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Other Profiles: Xbox: SargentLipton35
Dohvakiin2012 wrote:
I agree, Dika, we need more stories! You should write one. :D

If only I wasn't so lazy. I get writer's block way to easy. Though spring break is coming up, so maybe I can get some ideas then.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:44 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Knows-many-secrets: wow. That was really, really good. I like the way the story unfolded and the lovely simplicity of your style. Yes...more of your writing please!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:02 am 
Master
Master

ES Games: IV: GOTY, V: DG, HF, DB
Platform: PC (IV, V) & PS3 (V)
Knows-Many-Secrets. . that was so nice I read it twice. Actually three times. But really, that was good. I expect to see more from you, hopefully! :D

Derp, I really liked that. Orcs seem to be one of the least seldom used races and I really liked reading a story from the point of view of one.

And Dov, as always, that was magnificent. I really want to see what happens next with those two . . . and it would be really interesting to see Vilkas' side of the story.

I said I'd write a story for each of my characters this weekend... so far I only have Aranalda down! Looks like I'm not meeting that goal. But I do have a few in mind, so eventually! :P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:30 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Its all right, Witchery. I've got your back. Ha ha what else am I going to do on a day where there's 3 ft of snow on my porch and both our vehicles are stuck in the driveway? I messed around with a couple pictures and have the continuation of Lieth's story with Talvas. "Parting is such sweet sorrow."

BLEH she says!

Pictures:
Spoiler:

The story is a bit longer than I wanted, but perhaps I just wanted everyone to have a satiated experience:
Spoiler:
Lieth stood solemnly in the morning chill, watching helplessly as Talvas finished organizing a handful of magicka potions in his satchel. The clicking together of the vials as they were adjusted inside the leather pack rang like echoes through the awkwardness of the air between the two elves. Drearily, they knew that this was indeed the end of their adventures together.

A purposefully heavy sigh forced its way out of Lieth’s longing lips, hoping to draw any sort of attention to herself. Not a complete fail it was, as Talvas swiftly glanced up at Lieth from his kneeling spot on the dew covering the soft ground.

“Will you be all right on your own?” He asked kindly, his red eyes matching the playful smile that traced the lines of his thin mouth. He looked at her with fondness.

She crossed her arms tightly around her breasts. Evading a connection with Talvas, she glanced down anxiously at the ground beneath her restless fur boots. The skin inside them was itchy with irritation from the animal fur, but she ignored the discomfort since it could not compare to the stinging pain that pervaded her heart. Lieth gulped a response. “Yes, though I shall miss you.”

“I shall miss you, too.” Talvas slid his lips to the side in a frown. “But this is the right thing, Lieth.” He did not have to continue on with a speech of a truth she already knew. It would only be a matter of time before desire got the best of them.

“Send word when you arrive, please.” Lieth attempted to swallow the cluster of nausea that clung to the top of her throat. “I could never forgive myself if anything were to happen to you on my account.”

Talvas smiled, hoping to ease Lieth’s obvious nerves with some light humor. “Don’t worry, I will find my way to Solstheim just fine. I don’t plan on getting lost.” He moved slowly towards her, carefully adjusting the satchel around his waist. He reached out and conservatively swept his dark fingers through the red of her damp hair. “Well, I must make my way back to Falkreath. The carriage leaves midday.”

A lack of words caused Lieth to extend a clasp of his hand. An image of Vilkas danced uncomfortably in the back of the Bosmer’s mind as she squeezed the tips of her fingers against the Dunmer’s hand. She did not escape the temptation that tickled her gut. Finding herself connecting with Talvas in a hushed embrace, she pressed a flushed cheek against the coolness of his ebony armor.

He donated a light squeeze to her soaked frame. “Don’t be sad, darling.” There was an interesting calm in his voice as he affectionately glanced down at her. “We’ll see each other soon. I can send you a courier of Master Neloth’s latest projects.” Talvas hoped his mention of the wizard would lure a smile from Lieth. She was always joking about how silly the Telvanni mage was. Perhaps this appropriate gesture of comfort would be good enough to soothe her.

“Don’t forget me." She said under her breath. Consumed with lustful thoughts, Lieth succumbed to her temptations. Deciding that nothing serious would come of another kiss, she momentarily lost herself in the moisture of his mouth. His warm breath intoxicated her as she enjoyed the feel of her stomach turning from his touch.

Their kiss was brief as Talvas pulled away from her with uneasiness. “No, we can’t do this. I must leave now.” His face wrinkled with troubled lines. “I do want you Lieth, but this is wrong. We cannot continue all of this any further.” His mood changed to a somber one at recognition of his advancement in another man’s territory. What if he were Vilkas? What would he think then of such a mess? As difficult as it was to leave her, he knew it had to this way for everyone’s best interest.

As if gaining momentary reason over her troubles, she gently released the grip on his hands. “Forgive me.” Lieth sniffled in embarrassment, her cheeks reddening to match the war paint on her skin. She instantly regretted the temporary display of female weakness. She must keep herself under control, for she could not let him leave with the impression that she was somehow unstable. “I should not have kissed you.”

“Hey, its all right.” Talvas spoke softly, flashing her a dismal smile. “Don’t ever apologize for a kiss." With reservation, he took a step back with a muddied boot, realizing he must break away in the soonest moment. “Now, go make it home.”

Lieth frowned at the rapidly beating heart inside her chest. She told herself that his rejection of her was only because she was married, not that she was undesirable. With a cool wave of a hand, she muttered a good-bye. “Hurry or the carriage will leave you behind.” Lieth disconnected from Talvas with a forced coldness, spinning away from him with dragging heels.

He stood silently by the Falkreath gates, staring longingly back at her through heavy eyes. He had to release Lieth to her own life. She was not his to keep.

Without a glance behind her she walked on, scanning ahead of her on the road for a place where she knew distance from him was a given. Once she reached that safe place there she would cry. In the moments that she held her breath down the road, Lieth silently wished that Talvas would yell out for her. Instead she heard nothing; not the sound of him calling her name, not the sound of his footsteps closing in.

The Bosmer’s heart felt as if it explode into gory bits. The innocent image of a happy family was no longer in the picture. The majority of her heart belonged to Talvas. There was no going back to being a faithful married woman in her mind. For now, she would do her best to pretend everything was normal and live happily with Vilkas. To admit guilt of her desire for Talvas to her husband would tear her family apart. She did not want to think about the possibility of succeeding at that.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:48 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
I forgot about doing Runa's battle with Alduin and am currently working on a bit of fanfiction so that will be taking a backseat but to replace it, here is a story.

Runa's Sorrow.

Spoiler:
Runa, the only living Dragonborn and the number one enemy of the Thalmor in Skyrim. They have tried to kill her and so far, none have succeeded. Despite the many assassaination attempts, she refused to let them alter her plans. Runa and Brelyna went camping a few times a year. They had been married for 3 years now.

Runa woke up and noticed that Brelyna wasn't next to her. She smelt the smell of fish being cooked. "She sure knows how to please me", she thought to herself as she got up and went outside the tent. Standing there next to the fire was Brelyna. "Morning my love," the Dunmer said to Runa. Runa greeted her in return. "Mmm, what are you cooking?" She inquired. "One of your favourites, Grilled Salmon with apple slices inside of it." The Dunmer said whilst tending to the fire. "Remind me to thank you later." Runa replied in a suggestive tone. The cool Skyrim air greeted both of them. The day was an ordinary summer's day in the land of the nords. The two ate their breakfast whilst disccusing their plans for the day and making jokes. "And that's how i defeated that dragon." Runa said whilst surpressing her laughter. "I bet the dragon didn't think that you would be stupid enough to jump onto it's back from a mountain and then cause both of you to crash into that forrest." Brelyna retorted. Both of them burst into laughter. "Remeber when you accidentally turned me into a sweetroll?" She asked Runa. "Ah, yeah, i had hoped you had forgotten about it, i did managed to turn you back though." "Yeah, and you also made your robes turn bright pink." she retorted whilst chuckling.

The two continued to exchange fond memories untill midday. Runa wiped a tear from her eye due to her laughing too much. "So what should we do today?" She asked Brelyna. She replied "The lake is not far from here and we both know it is beautiful this time of the year." Runa didn't object to spending the rest of the day at the lake so the two made their way towards it. They climbed into the boat. "WOAH!" Runa exclaimed as she fell into the lake whiched caused Brelyna to burst out into laughter. "Oh, you think that is funny?, well, i'm going to drag you into this nice cool water." She swam towards the boat climbed onto it. Grabbing hold of Brelyna she pushed her into the water. "You'll pay for that!" She exclaimed and she grabbed Runa's leg then procceed to pull her into the lake. The two were now in the lake and treading water. "Runa, look at that." She said as she pointed at something. The sun had reached an angle that made it look like the lake was being embraced by it. "It's beautiful, but nothing is more beautiful then you." She said to Brelyna. They swam towards the boat and both climbed aboard. They spent the rest of the afternoon observing the natural wonders that the lake had. From deers drinking from it's waters to sabertooth cats running along with their offspring.

They returned to camp as soon as the dusk started to show. "Wow, that is so beautiful." Runa said aloud as they made their way. The sun looked like it was sinking belong the lake and in doing so, made it look like the lake was gently holding the sun. "Let me make us supper" Runa told Brelyna. "How can i say n..." Brelyna stopped. A large red patch had appeared on her robes. An arrow had hit her. "BRELYNA!" Runa yelled in horror. Another arrow hit the dunmer, this time, in the stomach. She let out a scream of pain. Fear took hold of Runa. Brelyna fell to the ground. "Brelyna, stay with me." She said in a desperate voice. "So...so cold, Runa, i'm so cold" Brelyna said in a weak voice whilst shaking in pain. "I will save you Brelyna!" Runa exclaimed and procceeded to use her most powerful healing spell. It had no affect. "Runa, if...if i die, tell my family that i love them and that i'm sorry for dying. Give them my....staff.." Brelyna groaned.She touched Runa's face whilst she said that. Seconds later, she was motionless. "BRELYNA!" Runa yelled. Tears started to flow like a river down her face. "Why, why her? Why not me?" She cried out as she hugged Brelyna's body. She felt a sharp pain in her back. An arrow had hit her. Her sorrow turned to fury and venegance. She removed the arrow. Strangly, the poison had no effect on her. "YOU THALMOR [&@%!]!, I'LL KILL YOU ALL" She yelled as she got up. The Thalmor revealed themselves. 40 Thalmor soldiers and Justiciars had appeared. "So, you couldn't kill me but decided to take away the closest person away from me. You will pay for that!" She growled at them. "You have commited crimes against the Dominion and i hereby sentence you to..." The Justiciar was unable to finished his sentence due to Runa firing an Ice Spike into his eye and killing him. "KILL HER!" The rest of the Justiciars yelled. The elven soldiers obeyed their masters.

"FIEM ZII GRON!" Runa shouted. The volley of arrows had no effect on her for she had became invincible thanks to her Thu'um. "Impossible!" One of the soldiers shouted in surprised. She unleashed a blizzard on the Thalmor party but it only killed 4 soldiers due to the rest jumping out of the way. "Us, nords are very dangerous when we have nothing left to lose." She said in a dry tone as she unleashed a barrage of lighting at them. She dodged several arrows and unleashed a telekinetic spell against them which throw some soldiers against the trees. "If you think that hurt, then you will hate this. FUS RO DAH" She shouted at them. she heard the sound of several necks breaking from the impact and saw a tree collapse due to the combined force of her magic and Thu'um. "ZUM HAAL ZIIK" She yelled at the incoming soldiers. Their weapons were ripped out of their hands as if an invisible giant had grabbed it out of their hands and flung them to the side. "What magic is this?" one soldier yelled out in horror before meeting Runa's fireball.

"Is that the best you've got?" She said to the Thalmor in a cold voice. "LIZ SLEN NUS" She shouted and in doing so, froze several soldiers before crushing them with a branch from a tree with her magic. Despite her attacks on the party, they were still getting closer to her and were starting to surrond her. "STRUM BAH QO" She shouted and a thunderstorm appeared out of nowhere, the lighting hit random things, from Thalmor Soldiers to plants. This caused the Thalmor to cease their attack whilst they tried to avoid getting hit. She unleashed her magic at the soldiers and Justiciars. One by one, they fell untill the storm was over. "ARGH!" Runa shouted. She felt the cold Elven blade penetrate her left shoulder. "AGH!" An arrow had hit her in her stomach. "FITLHY NORD!" She heard a Justiciar yell at her before he thrust his sword into her stomach. But instead of crying out in pain, she laughed. Her insides felt like a war was going on. Her blood was quickly staining her robes. She ignored the pain. Blood started to flow out of her mouth. She felt her nose break when another Justiciar hit her with the hilt. The evening light started to fade. Skyrim was starting to fade. "So, this is what death is like." She thought to herself. "Well, i'm going to make them pay for Brelyna's death!" She thought to herself in a determined tone. She struggled to get the shout out. She was starting to choke on her own blood. "Ti..." "Ti..." She spat out a lot of blood at the Justiciar which caused him to impale his sword straight into her leg. She weakly let out a shout of pain. "TIL KLO UI" She had finally managed to use her Thu'um and time slowed down. She knew a spell that would killed all of them but it required some time to charge up. She started to speak in the Dovah Language. The spell was a spell that the Dragon Priests had invented during the last days of the cult. Designed to kill small raiding parties at once.

Her hands started to glow a fiery red and blue. Her body was started to get hugged by a strange magic. As the Thu'um wore off, she unleashed it. Fire, lighting,ice and earth had been unleashed against the Thalmor. Some burned to death whilst others were dragged beneath the ground by the earth and water from the nearby lake had turned to ice and grabbed many Thalmor soldiers and Justiciars and dragging them to their deaths. A dragon made out of pure fire,lighting, ice and earth appeared seconds later. It killed the rest of the party.

Runa fell towards the ground. She barely managed to heal herself with the use of her most powerful healing spell. She collapsed. She woke up the next day and carried Brelyna's body in her arms. Tears flowed down her cheeks. "I..i know you always loved Skyrim....I'll..." She was unable to continued and collapsed in tears. Her sounds of sorrow filled the forrest. Minutes later, she regained her composure. "I'll give you a....a" She couldn't bare to finish off her sentence. "Wait, what if you're not dead?" She said aloud. She gently laid the Dunmer onto the ground. She gathered all of her strength and prepared to use her magic to heal her. Her healing magic hit the Dunmer. "COME ON!" She exclaimed in desperation. Brelyna remain motionless. Determined not to give up, she forced herself to continue using her magic. As the hours went pass, she felt more tired. She had fallen onto her knees due to exhaustion. Runa cried silently as she feared the worst. Hours passed without any change. But it seemed that the Eight and one smiled on her that day for Brelyna drew breath that evening. She gasped as she woke up. "R...runa?!" She exclaimed. "Brelyna!" Runa ran towards her and hugged her. "You're robes, you've been wounded." Brelyna said weakly. "I'm okay, i almost died but i made those Thalmor [&@%!] pay for almost killing you." Runa cried out. Her cheeks were stained by her tears. "It's my fault you almost died, i shouldn't have agreed to this camping trip." She cried whilst gripping Brelyna into a tighter her. "you're hurting me!" The dunmer shouted out weakly. "S..sorry." Runa replied. "What's for supper?" Brelyna asked her. Runa's tears turned into laughter. They both chuckled out loud. Runa helped her up and guided her towards the camp. "Don't you ever do that again!" Runa told Brelyna. "You're one to talk, your robes seem to be more of your own blood then cloth." She replied.

I hope you'll enjoy the story. :) It contains the odd swear and not for the Thalmor lovers. Or Thalmor troops. In fact, if you are working for the Thalmor, don't read this. :P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:45 pm 
Champion
Champion

Dohvakiin - Good story, as always. Also, I really enjoy your screenshots.

Thelastdovah - I enjoyed yours, as well, and always love it when the Thalmor get their ass kicked. :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:46 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Why thank you, Hrolf. I appreciate your appreciation. :D

And I'm always open for crits, getting feedback is helpful. I think my description of Talvas was a bit vague in this one so something to focus on for next time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:52 am 
Champion
Champion

Oh no, I remember what happened to the last threads, when criticisms came into play. Besides, I didn't think Talvas was that bad. Of course, I haven't met the character, in game, so I don't really know.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:58 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

What happened on the last threads, can easily be avoided. We just have to avoid being nitpicky and accept that not everything can be three pages long and in perfect detail down to the last letter.

Spoiler:
Musicman247 wrote:
I don't suck, I blow.

Last edited by Derp53 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:05 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

What Derp said. :) Its nice to receive feedback on the story and characters as its progressing. That's mostly what I'm going for not telling others how to run their stories.

This reminds of when the pc gets Master Neloth a new steward and he teases by saying "if you're looking for praise I'm not going to give it to you" or something like that. :P

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:23 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Other Profiles: Xbox: SargentLipton35
Everyone just needs to write their own style on stories. Not every story needs to have the same diction as yours. So criticism shouldn't be shared.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:25 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

^^ Yes, perhaps feedback is a better word. Feeback as to the going on-ins of the story. I always thought that was the funnest part: "why did mary bonk john" sort of thing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:56 pm 
Champion
Champion

Yeah, I gotta agree with Derp and Dika. This is all about having fun with your characters. I just happen to enjoy reading about all of them that come to be on this thread. Maybe someday I'll post my own.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:57 pm 
Novice
Novice

Feedback is always appreciated! We just have to remember that each of us have a different writing style and perspective on the characters we write about. What might be poor writing to one person could be fantastic to another. Just like any form of art it's about personal taste. *Sagenod*

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:54 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hrolf, that would be rad. I think we'd all like to read your creations. :)

I do hope we get more folks sharing stories on this thread. Its not as hot as the other ones were but I have hope. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:15 am 

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
It's better to have quality over quantity. ;) I suspect many members are working on stories as we speak. Oh and i'll be doing Runa's fight with Alduin during the Easter period. May do a story where she is fatally wounded and struggles to get to safety.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:56 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

Platform: Xbox 360, DOS, Xbox
Other Profiles: Hard Luck 64 stripedflame12 (deactivated)
Excited to start RP'ing an Elder Scrolls character, this is new for me. Not new to RP'ing, though. I'll have a character or two up once I get home! Really can't wait.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:56 pm 
Master
Master

ES Games: IV: GOTY, V: DG, HF, DB
Platform: PC (IV, V) & PS3 (V)
Hoorary, Fieldmajor! Can't wait to see them!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 126  Next