UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Great House Redoran (Club/Faction)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:49 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion
Platform: XBox 360, PC
UESPoints: 0
And he buggers off... Again.

"Your mother was a hamster!
And you father smelt, of Elderberries!"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:03 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrowind Game of the Year Edition (PC), Oblivion Game of the Year edition
Platform: Playstation 3, PC
That means you are leader. Or I am.

Maybe we can be both leaders.

High Lord of the Great House of Indoril and Lord of Almalexia

VVV

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:06 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends, Blades
Platform: PC, PS4, PS5, XSX
UESPoints: 5
Guys, don't worry about it, I'll be in contact with Ezkaton, and I'll keep you all in the loop. For now, let's just focus on some discussion/the RP/The Comp of the Month :mrgreen:.

Beginner's Guide to Morrowind

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:08 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrowind Game of the Year Edition (PC), Oblivion Game of the Year edition
I still need to wait for your post on Almalexia to continue.

And I voted for the Month business to making a new original House in any case.

IN ANY CASE, Question time

What do you think of the Morag Tong?

Are you a supporter of the Tribunal Temple? Did you think they survived the Second Arnesian War?

Should Redoran militarily take back Caldera or attempt diplomacy with the damned imperial-pigs?

VVV

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:43 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I've updated the BftE. Sorry about the delay, but I've been busy and all. You'll soon be meeting another special character, so expect a little more activity from the Almalexia side of the RP. :mrgreen:

Also, a summary is coming. Sorry about the delay, but I've been busy all week with school, and although I've been procrastinating all day from my real life homework, I've been working on the Morrowind New Players Guide.

Also, there is a new August Competition page for those of you that don't already know. Sorry for the original confusion and have fun with this one. As always, I'm happy to answer any questions via PM or otherwise. :mrgreen: Best of luck with the Comp should you choose to enter it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:58 pm 
Champion
Champion

Members of Redoran, Hear the call of one of your two Council-men!

Why did you chose to serve in the honorable House of Redoran and Veloth?

Do you support and serve in the pious Tribunal Temple?

Shall we take Caldera by force, or by diplomacy?

Whom is your favorite Councilor? Do you feel hatred for Ald'Ruhn's fall or Pride that Redoran fell with honor in a battle against the Four Corners instead of submitting to them?

Do you wish to put Hlaalu and Telvanni in their place with their illegal strongholds? Or shall we merely allow the Imperial Administration take care of them?

Do you believe in the Morag Tong's honor and use? Or are you against them?

VVV

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:18 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Why did you chose to serve in the honorable House of Redoran and Veloth?
I don't per se, but I do have Redoran characters, and I do like House Redoran, although not as much as some others :P. Redoran seems to embody the Dunmer culture, pious, grave and dutiful. Pious, followers of the Temple, as al Dunmer should be. Grave, the embodiment of Dunmer, serious to no end. Dutiful, to the Temple and the Three. I've always seen House Redoran as good people, if more so followers than anything else.

Do you support and serve in the pious Tribunal Temple?
I acknowledge and support the Temple, but personally, I'm not too big on the whole Tribunal thing, Vivec and Nerevar guide and protect me. As a dutiful Hlaalu :P I'm much the same, respectful, but not bound by the Temple. As a Redoran, a little closer to the Temple, but this doesn't stop me joining Imperialised factions or becoming Nerevar Incarnate.

Shall we take Caldera by force, or by diplomacy?
Force, how else should we take it? By talking about it? :P

Whom is your favorite Councilor? Do you feel hatred for Ald'Ruhn's fall or Pride that Redoran fell with honor in a battle against the Four Corners instead of submitting to them?
Sarethi, I'm a sucker for the helpful NPCs, although I actually like all the Councillors, and even Archmaster Venim, although not as much, but that's because the PC is positioned to dislike him.

As for the second part of the question, it angers me, however I don't think Redoran has fallen, in fact I think that each House has come across hard times, and that Redoran is not in too much worse shape, when compared to others, particularly House Dres. I must also say, I'd rather go down in battle alongside the Legion, with an enraged Emperor Crab at my side, then because of a huge falling rock that destroyed my wizardly towers and sent tidal waves throughout the bays and islands I inhabit, or after an Agonian slave revolt and invasion.

Do you wish to put Hlaalu and Telvanni in their place with their illegal strongholds? Or shall we merely allow the Imperial Administration take care of them?
Illegal strongholds? How so? I guess Tel Uvirth is encroaching on Temple Land in the Molad Amur region, but I'm not sure what you mean by the Hlaalu reference.

Do you believe in the Morag Tong's honor and use? Or are you against them?
The Morag Tong are an important aspect of Dunmeri culture, children of Mephala, the great Webspinner, the Anticipation of Vivec. I find it fairly acceptable, more so than the Dark Brotherhood for sure.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:35 am 
Champion
Champion

Quote:
Illegal strongholds? How so? I guess Tel Uvirth is encroaching on Temple Land in the Molad Amur region, but I'm not sure what you mean by the Hlaalu reference.

Illegal in the sense of Telvanni that they either A; Did not get a Construction Contract (As we know Telvanni do this..alot) and for Hlaalu; it's mostly Redoran thought-process.

It was boosting the strength of House Hlaalu, which meant they had better defenses among Balmora and Hla Ode.

And seeing House Hlaalu's stronghold; it is relatively nicer and more 'fertile' than House Redoran or even House Telvanni's.

Though the Redoran quest-giver says the House Hlaalu made it an illegal stronghold, or merely one to boost the strength of House Hlaalu.

I am a Redoran-Indoril at heart :P Though we don't know what House Hlaalu did in any other version (Telvanni/Redroan) version. We only know in the House-Hlaalu play through we get the construction contract.

But we do know it is a deed involved (http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Reth ... _Land_Deed), so my Redoran suspicions are on a high.

That and the only other deed that exists in the game is one you find in the Thieves Guild quest was..one taken by 'other methods' from the original owner.

VVV

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:40 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Yeah I see what you mean. Houses Redoran and Hlaalu build strongholds within their own heartland, while Telanni is really daring and expands outwards, across Vvardenfell, completing a defensive ring with Tel Uvirth, and in some respects, short-changing the PC by giving them the Molag Amur region, the first that would be attacked in the case of a House War, and also the worst location. Still any Telvanni tower is awesome, but I digress.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:47 am 
Champion
Champion

So, probably, House Telvanni did wish to basically kill the player. (As really, nothing is restricted in the House.)

As Send in a Redoran Patrol? Telvanni will lose in close combat.

Hlaalu sends in mercenaries? They have enough money to weaken the Telvanni in defense and buy the quantity and quality of mercs to kill even the best wizard.

That and the Morag Tong are the best assassins guild in, perhaps, all of Tamriel to exist this long and be so precise and accurate.

And by 'Fall' I mean that Ald'ruhn the city is most likely gone. The Redorans of that city fell with honor and dignity; facing the House of the Four Corners with vigilance and vengeance. Against Mehrunes Dagoth; destroyer of Old Mournhold!

Though it is nice, even as an Hlaalu, you believe house Redoran should re-possess the Mine and City of Caldera.

VVV

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:53 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I wouldn't say that, but as a Redoran, of course I want us to reclaim it, as a Hlaalu, and as myself overall, I want Hlaalu to retain it. After all, you don't need mines, you can buy your weapons from us.

Also, on this subject, Andere had an idea for a Morrowind mod focusing on the war for the Caldera mines. Maybe some of House Redoran would be interested. More info can be found on the Hlaalu page.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:02 am 
Champion
Champion

I would help, though I know little of modding.

I could help in the scripting and story-line of how it happened, tactical battles and mostly related to the Redoran side of the conflict; if this helps.

And, maybe, some of the changes in dialogue when Redoran does take over Caldera (to try and make other mods like PAX Redoran still remain playable); but little changes in structure if not a few buildings being burning, and the Castle being stormed.

It should be a Hlaalu-Redoran collective effort.

VVV

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:03 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Certainly, I'll start a page in Mod-Morrowind then, and see if we can;t get any interest. Also keeping in mind that the plan is also for the Great Houses to get involved in creating a Mod for Skyrim, about the new House that we 'create' through the Comp of the Month.

Okay, it's up.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:14 am 
Champion
Champion

I'd try to help with Skyrim; if I can get a computer powerful enough for it or a graphics card for my vista.

But for a Great House mod in Skyrim it should be implemented in Six/Five Ways.

One; Redoran references and faction availability in Velothis Mountains. With certain quests that actually extend Morrowind influence into Skyrim, though Redoran will have little involvement in the war at all. (Most likely it'll be post-Nordic Civil war) Even having some popular revolutions, and Redoran forcefully entering Nordic lands.

Two; Hlaalu traders and missions involving the businesses in the Nine Holds. Trading, merchant talk, economic damage, and so forth.

Three; House Indoril and the Temple. Although we can make the Temple available for Redoran as well, House Indoril will send some pilgrims to convert or spread news of the Tribunal. This allows for some religious missions of spreading news of the Tribunal or protecting pilgrims against some Nordic aggressors. Eventually even having a Tribunal Temple in Skyrim.

Four; Dres references and some merchant trades as well. Though there will be some slaver-raiding missions of Dres to spice things up and differate them from House Hlaalu.

Five: Telvanni missions would involve setting up small bases and basically setting up hubs for wizards whom have rejected the current mage-factions of Skyrim. Ultimately trying to set up influence in eastern Skyrim, then moving to the west then Redoran pushes them off.

Six may be the actual government of Morrowind quests or Tribunal quests. Your pick.

VVV

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:19 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I was thinking something along the lines of either going very ambitious and doing something on Solstheim, although we'd have to wait to see that Beth doesn't create the landmass first, or more simply, a Dunmeri presence in Winter Hold, like a chapter of the new Great House from the comp. Another option could be extending the landmass into the Velothis, but that would also be more complicated, so the Winter Hold option might be a good starting point. We'll have a more in-depth discussion after the Comp concludes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:48 am 
Champion
Champion

Also, I think we should change it up a bit from my idea.

Instead of House Redoran, Indoril, Hlaalu and Dres; they should be just two Houses.

House Velothi and House Olms; as I'm sure the Second Arnesian War forced them to join forces. (And the four houses are like minded respectively)

Thus increasing the quests for the factions, while making it a bit easier on the modding team.

Credit goes to Chaos for the House Olms name, while I'll take credit for House Velothi (As it is an idea I had for the Comp Great House; but it'd likely happen in lore.).

This would also mean Tribunal Temple-Indoril-Redoran quests would be one and Hlaalu-Dres would be one quest line.

Telvanni would remain independent.

Though Solstheim may be a bit tricky, but whose to say inventing lore would be wrong? :P

VVV

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:51 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hmm, I guess we could try expand further, but I think we'll start with just the winning House, and then we might see where we are from there. I'll create a thread in Mod-Skyrim or equivalent a little after Skyrim launches, so people can enjoy the game before thinking about modding :mrgreen:.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:55 pm 
Champion
Champion

As I ended up derailing the Hlaalu thread with a discussion on it, I'll put my thoughts on Pax Redoran here. There's spoilers, so don't read unless you've played it or aren't planning on playing it.

I think if there's any problem I really have to pick out with the mod, it's that it feels out of place at times. One of the big pitfalls I've noticed in every LGNPC mod is that sometimes they make dialogue mistakes that can't be unseen. Typos, overuse of punctuation that just doesn't seem right in vanilla, descriptions of events prior to the game as if they happened exactly in the game engine ('I used my ring of 40pts Fire Damage, but he was a Dunmer with 75% fire resistance so my attack failed...'). They're all unfortunate mistakes that shouldn't really cancel out the good work the team does, but they're just so noticeable. Pax Redoran suffers from this a lot.

The most frustrating moment in the entire mod for me at the time was when I was sent to stop a member of House Hlaalu that had infiltrated the house and stolen some orders. I found him trying to leave Ald'ruhn and convinced him to peacefully give up the stolen orders and pay the fine. When I returned to Neminda I was greeted by a ridiculously out of place barrage of caps lock and exclamation marks, and was expelled from House Redoran for my actions. That wouldn't happen in the vanilla game, and it shouldn't happen in any mods.

So, ignoring those pitfalls, I'll talk about the good points. Ash statues! Even though I never actually did the vanilla Redoran questline, I understand that they only get a very brief mention in it, barely worth noticing. The nature and connections to House Dagoth they have is made very clear in the mod, in a convincing and lore-friendly manner. I'm pretty sure it has an effect on the main quest as well, as while you're passing the fourth and fifth trials a quest appears to ban ash statues. Soul sickness is also a nasty little bugger that you can completely forget about if you aren't careful.

Also, the characters. I'm not quite sure how much of the new dialogue and questing is part of Pax Redoran and how much is part of LGNPC Ald'ruhn, but eithe. way, with the two together there's a heck of a lot. Every single Redoran councillor and retainer has been fleshed out with a new and fitting personality, and even the insignificant people are given a nice amount of depth, something which I'd say Bethesda have never managed to do. A lot of the quests are, inevitably, generic fetch this item from a dungeon or cross the West Gash and talk to this bloke quests, but the filler can be excused by the many new quests added that are generally fun and creative.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:24 pm 
Champion
Champion

The main problem (which you have addressed) is the choices.

For example, that peaceful option? It isn't very 'Redoran' in this case to let the enemy leave when he has stolen orders but impersonated a Redoran - whom had his face disfigured and so forth.

Personally? I killed him, and had little remorse. When you kill him you have the choice of either allowing his Brother to kill Suran's Mayor or calming him down by asking "would your Brother want you to do this? Would Aythn want you to do this?" and he calms down after this. The killer comes out later, when you are Arch-Master (There is a belt you have to find, some quests, protecting Venim's family and then finally the killer is inter-related with a trial against a Nord for the supposed murder).

There are some quests I don't like such as the whole Morag Tong-Redoran issue. It can be understandable, but I always changed my outfit and attire; that and House Redoran expelling you right when you bring in the kill is a bit silly.

I can say the faction depth (such as Temple, Redoran and so forth) is really great. Marking how far you are, the Seven Virutes and all that.

But there are some forced positions that can limit yourself as a Redoran, personally a better Redoran way would put the Hlaalu on trial against the Temple and Redoran. He is then shortly killed after when he is found guilty.

THAT would be more Redoran like.

But did you also try the LGNPC Indarys Manor, Foreign Quarters, And Redoran Canton? They all make a wonderful experience.

VVV

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:57 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Velothi, I find it ironic the you had no remorse in killing that Dunmer. Very noble of you :P, seems a bit more like pride to me. Now I'm not Redoran bashing, but you have to admit, none of the Houses are perfect, and perhaps this is Redorans flaw (particularly when you consider Venmin in the vanilla game) ...

Anyhow, about the mod, I've been meaning to get into it, after I finish testing the mods for Houses Indoril and Hlaalu, but I was wondering, does it require LGNPC's other works?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:56 pm 
Champion
Champion

"Require"? No. You can add them to enhance the experience.

VVV

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:22 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I see, well I'll have to look into it. The project itself looks like a very good concept. PAX Redoran also looks rather attractive.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:56 pm 
Champion
Champion

It is. They have their own forum

You should play it now :P

VVV

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:00 pm 
Champion
Champion

You can theoretically play Pax Redoran sans the other LGNPC mods, but honestly, there's no point. If you're going to use one of those mods, you should be using all of them.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:18 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Okay House Redoran, is anybody still interested in the War for Caldera Mines Mod? I've started fiddling with the CS, in preparation for the Summer Holidays, at which time I will try and get stuck in to the mod. If you are interested, swing on over here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next