UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:13 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The TES Roleplayer's Thread
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:20 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, Skyrim
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 25

But why bounce around to the same damn song?
You'd rather run when you can't crawl...

Last edited by Norroen Dyrd on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:12 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
UESPoints: 0
I've gone back to my first Skyrim character, Fram (Master Smith, Dovahkiin, Destroyer of Harkon).

Fram receives an invitation from Miraak, is reunited with Serana, and proves himself a milk-drinker:

The Story So Far
7th of Sun's Dawn, 4E 202 - Fram's Journal
7th of Sun's Dawn, 4E 202 - Serana's Diary
8th of Sun's Dawn, 4E 202 - Fram's Journal
9th of Sun's Dawn, 4E 202 - Serana's Diary
9th of Sun's Dawn, 4E 202 - Fram's Journal
10th of Sun's Dawn, 4E 202 - Serana's Diary
10th of Sun's Dawn, 4E 202 - Fram's Journal
11th of Sun's Dawn, 4E 202 - Fram's Journal
11th of Sun's Dawn, 4E 202 - Serana's Diary

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:52 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
Thank you Witchery. :)

The night before Runa departed for Skuldafn.

Spoiler:
Runa would soon fulfil her destiny. Tomorrow, she will confront Alduin in Sovngarde but in order to do so, she had to travel to the ancient ruin of Skuldafn Temple. It was only accessible by the air and lucky for Runa, Odahviing had agreed to serve her. He would give her a lift there. He only served her because her Thu'um was just as powerful as Alduin's or prehaps even greater then his.

Runa had been allowed to stay the night in Dragonsreach by Jarl Balgruuf the Greater. She would be staying in the guest room. She had just finished dining with the Jarl and the other residents of Dragonsreach. Runa entered the guest bedroom and to her delight, saw Brelyna siting on the bed. "What are you doing here?" she said in a surprised voice. "I was delivering a package to the court wizard when Lydia approached me and suggested i surprise you. She informed me of what you will be doing tomorrow" Brelyna replied. "I'm glad that you are here." Runa said to Brelyna as she sat down next to her on the bed.

She slowly grabbed Brelyna's hand and stared into her eyes, she kissed her. "I know i say this a lot, but i love you, Brelyna Maryon." Brelyna said the same. "Let me give you a massage.Brelyna said in a seductive voice. "If you are offering, i will accept." Runa replied. She took off her robes and Brelyna did the same. In her hand was a small bottle. No bigger then the average potion. "Just relax, i may have to take off your undergarments" Brelyna said. "Only if you do the same" Runa replied. "Oh, i better request.." Brelyna interrupted her, "Already done, I told Lydia that we wish not to be disturbed and she has informed everyone".

Runa and Brelyna were now both naked. Runa was sitting on the bed whilst Brelyna was kneeling behind her. She poured the contents of the bottle over Runa. It feel pleasent. "What was that?" Runa asked. "That's a secret, now just relax." Brelyna slowly rubbed Runa's back. An hour later, Brelyna finished her message and to thank her, Runa hugged her. The two sat on the bed, on both knees. They held each other's hands and gazed into each other's faces for a few minutes. "I love you, Brelyna." Runa said and kissed her. "I love you too." Brelyna kissed her back. The two continued their night of romance for a few hours before going to sleep.

Runa sat up, she was shaking with fear. "What's wrong?!" Brelyna exclaimed when she realised Runa wasn't asleep. "I,i can't do it. Alduin is more powerful then me, i will die and everyone will either die or become a slave." Runa said. Tears were flowing from her eyes. "I'm supposed to be this almighty Dragonborn who is destined to kill him but i'm nowhere as powerful as he is." Runa sobbed. Brelyna touched her cheek and said, "Runa, you were chosen by Akatosh to be the Dragonborn. You will defeat him. I know it, everyone knows it. You have survived against the odds, you've fought against many dragons and won. You are a powerful mage and you are still growing in power. And you're just 21." "But that will mean nothing! He will kill me, and then kill you as well as anyone else who he views as a threat." Brelyna slapped her. "Runa, stop talking like that, you are the dragonborn and a strong woman. You've overcome the odds. You will defeat him. Your will is made of steel and your heart will guide you. I know for a fact as long as there is a single breath in your body, you will refuse to give up." Runa was stunned by this. "Y,you're right. But i don't know if i can defeat him but i will fight to my very last breath." Runa said. She had stopped crying. "Now's that's the Runa i know and love." The two kissed and went back to sleep.

The next day.

Runa felt very nervous. She could barely contain her fear as she walked up to Dragonsreach's balcony where Odahviing was waiting. She walked throught the door to the balcony. Before her stood 2 lines of guards. And Balgruuf stood in the center. "Dragonborn, we know you will fight to the death and we believe you will kill Alduin. It's been an honour for Whiterun to know you. You will make Skyrim proud. You are the greatest Nord since Talos himself." he said. The guards cheered for her. Balgruuf walked to the side. Runa said. "I am honoured by this and i..i will k-kill Alduin. I-it is my destiny afterall." Brelyna approached her and kissed her. They hugged. "I know you will do it, my love." she said. Runa's fear disappeared at this point and was replaced by something else. A fire had just been lit inside of her. Bravery had just emerged, it filled Runa. She no longer feared what she was about to do. Her body had stopped shaking. "I will defeat Alduin! I am a daughter of Skyrim, and Nords never back down, more importantly, i'm the dragonborn and it falls to me to killed that overgrown lizard. I will be victorous!" she said. "Odahviing, i'm ready, let us travel to Skuldafn." The dragon allowed her to climb onto him. "you will soon envy all Dovahs when you feel the joy of flying" he said as he took off. Today, it would end. An ancient prophecy would be fufilled. The fate of the world now depended on Runa. Runa, the dragonborn and a very powerful mage. Alduin, the world eater and the most powerful Dragon that Akatosh has ever created. Unable to be harmed via traditional methods. One would live whilst the other will not.

I will post Runa's journey through the temple and her battle with the world eater at some point.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:04 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 7
Something silly today. It was a 15 min fast write:
Spoiler:
The last blue mountain flower was cast on the pile of fresh, cool soil at Lieth’s feet. Eyelids closed in remembrance of what once was, the Bosmer sighed a troubled breath. What a shame to have lost them all in this way. Her little farm would never be the same.

“May the souls of the departed be watched over by Talos, the mighty--”

“Talos?” Lieth popped open one eye, curiously raising it to meet her husband’s interrupted gaze. A threatening pout percolated at the center of her lips, awaiting a response to the discomfort she had heard.

“Well, yes.” Vilkas said flatly, his hazel eyes darting over to catch those of his children’s. They stared up at him patiently, not necessarily aware of the interaction between their parents. “Yes, Talos. Do you really want to have a religious talk about this right now?”

It was as if Vilkas dared her to rebut him. Lieth’s pout disintegrated into a subtle, yet fake, smile; a shrug breezing off her husband’s invitation to stop his mention of Talos. Instead, the Bosmer slid a hand over the front of her son’s grey tunic, gently pulling him towards her to lean against her skirts. His grubby hands took hold of the material on her dress. Francois always was the quiet one. With another irritating sigh, Lieth nodded at Vilkas to continue his prayer. She did not understand why Talos of all gods should be mentioned at this petty funeral they were participating in, but she could not bring herself to ruin the moment for the children.

“Pa, the chickens.” Lucia crossed her arms, cocking her small head to one side impatiently. “They’re still waiting to be blessed.”

“Hush now, my child.” Lieth reached out a hand out to her daughter, successfully bringing her to stand next to Francois. “Let your father continue his sinful prayer.” The glimmer in her amber eyes could not have been mistaken as a joust. The Bosmer suppressed internal laughter upon seeing her husband’s deep irritation at her offensive remark.

“Sinful is what you do at night when you’re breaking into people’s homes.” Vilkas retorted, his strong Nordic accent seemingly spitting the words out. “I’ll have you know that Talos--”

“Pa!” Lucia chimed once again in frustration. “Pa, the chickens have to be sent to heaven.”

Lieth stared tauntingly into Vilkas’s disturbed face. “The chickens, my love.” She tucked in her chin slightly to look down at the ground. Their handful of chickens had been slaughtered cruelly by the bandits that had attacked the homestead in the early morn. Such a loss it was to the family, for they had cared for the chickens since they had erupted from their eggs.

“I suppose your mother and I can discuss these blasphemies later.” Vilkas cleared his throat, sending Lieth one last penetrating gaze. She ignored him, seemingly continuing to hold back the laughter tickling her throat. “Let the funeral go on, Vilkas. The children are becoming impatient.”

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:48 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, all DLC, Oblivion, GoTY and aniversary, arena
Platform: X360/PC, X360/PC, PC.
UESPoints: 2
This one is about my new orc, delivering a message from General Tullius to Jarl Balgruuf.

Hidden:
Grishnakh made his way up to the Cloud District, knowing that the Jarl would probably not like what he had to show to him; vital information about the plans of Ulfric Stormcloak, and his intentions for the City of Whiterun. A guard outside Dragonsreach stopped him.

"Halt auxillary, the Jarl is in deep council, and has explictly stated he is not to be disturbed." The guard moved to block the doorway.

Grishnakh straightened himself up to full height, and answered "I bring an important message to the Jarl from General Tullius - it is vital to the security of Whiterun, and the prosecution of the war, that he sees this message." waving the carefully bound scroll around.

"Very well, but you must not interrupt the discussions." The guard stood aside, allowing him through. Grishnakh opened the doors, and walked into the lobby area. Up by the the empty throne he could see 2 guards, and another walking towards him. Grishnakh caught some of a heated discussion upstairs, before the guard stopped him.

"Why has the door guard allowed you in? This better be important."

"I bring a message from General Tullius, about Ulfric Stormcloak's plans to attack Whiterun. You must allow me to deliver the message." once again, waving the scrollpaper to show that it wasn't a ploy.

"It will have to wait. Come back later." The guard said dismissively.

Grishnakh wouldn't take no for an answer. "It is vital for the survival of this city that he sees the message now - it cannot wait."

"Fine, but you're indemmifying us guards who tried to stop you, you know that? Just wait for the council to finish..."

The guards moved out the way. Evidently, Jarl Balgruuf really did not want to be disturbed... Grishnakh however pressed on up the stairs, to find a high elven woman, and a dark elven woman, the steward, the court wizard, the military adviser, and the Jarl himself.

"Jarl Dengeir will view it as a provaction, we can't..." complained the steward.

"We have to stop this, if it goes on any furth..." The Jarl responded.

"Bronjuni, we have a visitor." The altmer interrupted, her eyes flashing and darting like fire into Grishnakh's eyes before he turned slightly to avert her gaze, and sensing it was time to introduce himself, as everyone turned to face him.

"I am Grishnakh, Imperial Legion auxillary. I bring a highly important message from General Tullius, and it is extremely important that you read it, sir." Before walking over to the Jarl, holding out the scroll.

"What is this, another one of his platitudes? I don't care for them. Jennifere. you read it, tell me if it has anything different to the last one. I don't want to know if it's just another request to install soldiers in my hold."

"Geh, bronuni." The woman took the scroll, opened it.

"Drem bronuni, you will want to read this. If true, we might want those soldiers..."

"WHAT? What can he know that means... give it here."

A screech of fire flows from the elf's mouth, with a immense feeling of annoyance.

"He wouldn't dare... You, Grishnakh was it? Before you return to your General Tullius, I need to check this information out. I don't like this, it feels like blackmail into allowing my hold to be occupied. You'll have to wait for a few days."

And so, Grishnakh delivered his message, even if it could have gone better.

The next one will either be an account of him speaking to Ulfric or the Battle for Whiterun, depends on what happens next in the war. Been so long since I did the civil war I've forgotten...

The Battle of Whiterun - expanded edition

Hidden:
Grishnakh arrived back in Whiterun just in time to return Balgruuf's axe, before being told to return to the front gate by the elven woman with the eyes of fire, adorned with armour made from the scales of dragons, who montioned a guard to return the axe to Balgruuf.

"Kein, kein, yol do dinok... Drem. I hoped you wouldn't have the axe. Martius, return the axe to it's owner, you, orc with me. If these Joorre meyye dare to attack my home, they will face me, and flee in terror before me." She looks to the winged giant lizards around her. "And my zeymah..."

Grishnakh replied. "These are friendly, right?" pointing at the dragons.

"Friendly towards me. Which fortunately means to this city as well, and it's defenders. You orc, will lead the defence of the gates - me and my brothers shall do our best to make you only have to face a small number of these idiots. Odahviing, boi frod frini..."

She mounted the red dragon beside her's neck, and at once they leapt into the sky, causing the ground to shake in the wake of the displaced air from under their wings, as 20 dragons headed in formation to attack the enemy.

A nearby guard spoke.
"I'm glad their on our side..."

Grishnakh responded: "Who is she?"

"Right now, their worst nightmare..."

An imperial legate interrupted them.
"Get going, let's not leave all the stormcloaks to those lizards!"

Grishnakh ran for the main gate, knowing this was the biggest battle in the Civil War so far, and he was on the frontline.

What do you reckon?

Last edited by CBR JGWRR on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:24 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Last edited by Norroen Dyrd on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:30 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Norroen, how I like that your Redguard's bff is a daedra-fied dog. That he talks....ahh...so refreshing to see a mutt around these parts. :) The only thing is the sentences run on a bit and tend to lose me. Good story-telling though!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:44 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Last edited by Norroen Dyrd on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:23 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

UESPoints: 6
And now for the second chapter of the adequate story which does not yet have a name!
Hidden:
Samuel was walking, and of course, the black and white fox was following.

"Scram," he told it, annoyed.

The fox just gave him a bored look.

"I said," he yelled, "scram!" He attempted to shoot lightning at the creature, but nothing happened.

The fox looked at him condescendingly.

Sam sighed, and focused on walking forward. It wasn't the fox that annoyed him, it was the fact that it been following for a while, but he didn't know why. He'd tried to check it for identification, maybe a brand mark, but the fox always jumped out of the way when he tried to look at it closely.

Sam sighed again, it was still a long way to the Whiterun Hold, and if he didn't hurry up, he might miss his sponsor; the man who was making his research on a certain dragon priest possible. He began recall what the ancient scroll he'd found in the ruin said:

"One hero, to answer the call,

One king, to rule them all.

Ancient evil to be undbound..."

The rest of the scroll had been torn off.

He was so lost in thought, he didn't notice the sleeping cave bear in front of him until he was practically touching it. He cursed himself for not being cautious and slowly drew his sword.

"If that thing wakes up, he thought, "I could have a bit of problem on my hands."

He slowly tried to sneak around it, but he'd already made to much noise.

The bear got up and roared at him, bear saliva hitting Sam's face.

Sam braced himself for the bears charge, but it never came.

There was a sound like "ki-ki-ki", and the oddly-colored fox leapt at the bear, slashing and ripping at it with it's teeth and claws.

The bear tried to fight back, but the fox was too agile, too strong.

The beast began to flee, and the fox stopped, staring at Sam with intelligent eyes. Waiting for something.

Waiting for orders.

"Let it go," Sam told the fox, though he felt stupid talking to it, "It's our fault he attacked anyway,"

The fox looked at him as if to say, Our fault?

Sam snorted, and picked the fox up. This time, the animal did not resist.

"Y'know," he told it, "Why don't you stick around?"

The fox happily made it's little sound, closing his eyes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:15 pm 

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
I'm loving the stories in this thread guys and girls. :D And mudcrabs!?

Going to do two stories today.

Runa travels through Skulfadn

Spoiler:
Runa had a determined look on her face. Fear had completely gone from her body and in it's place, determination and bravery had replaced it. They had been flying for half an hour now. The wind flew through her hair and her robes flapped as the air hit them. Runa was deep in thought.She was thinking about being the Dovahkiin, Brelyna, the fate of Skyrim and the strong chance of not coming back. "Dovahkiin, we will have to fly around as there are many Dovahs ahead." Odahviing said. This snapped her out of her thoughts. Ahead, she noticed 10 dragons were circling what seemed to be nothing. They must have been sent by Alduin, she thought to herself. "Odahviing, continue to fly towards them." She told the Dragon. "Dovahkiin, are you sure that is wise?, unlike me, you lack the ability to fly and may end up falling off."he replied, "leave the dovahs to me, I will use my Thu'um to keep us safe. If i can't defeat 10 dragons then i won't stand a chance against Alduin." Runa yelled as the noise of the distance dovahs started to get louder. The Dragons had noticed Odahviing and Runa. They flew towards them. "So be it" Odahviing said. "Hold on, Dovahkiin". Runa tightened her grip.

Odahviing flew straight at the group and Runa prepared to cast a powerful ward spell. The Dragons unleashed their Thu'um but Runa's ward deflected it but the ward was broken. She shouted 3 words that the dragons didn't know. The words to Dragonrend, the one shout created by the ancient nords during the dragon wars. It forces the dragon to taste their own mortality and often, robs them of their ability to fly. The shout hit 2 dragons and sent them falling. The other dragons stopped in mid air. "WHAT WAS THOSE WORDS!?" They shouted in horor. "She has twisted the Thu'um. Alduin will be pleased when we kill her" An elder dragon said. "ALDUIN DEMANDS HER DEATH, WE SHALL OBEY!" The dragons resumed their attack as soon as the Elder finished his sentence. Runa combined her Thu'um with her magic. Many dragons were killed. Odahviing also used his Thu'um against the dragons but Runa was far more powerful then he was in the use of the Voice. After 10 minutes, only the Elder Dragon remained. It tried to knock Runa off Odahviing but it ended up recieving a taste of Dragonrend. It lost control and crashed into the side of the mountain. "That seems to be the last of my brethren, dovahkiin. You are indeed powerful and Alduin may die by your hand or you at his." Odahviing landed in the temple's ground. Runa climbed off. "I shall await your return or his" he said as he flew off.

Skuldfadn, an ancient temple hidden in the mountains. Only accessible by the air and inside it contained an entrance to Sovngarde. "Well, this is it Runa." Runa said to herself. She made her way through the temple, killing any draugr that stood in her way and any dragon that tried to stop her. It took her two hours to navigate her way through the temple. She entered a courtyard. It contained a portal and standing before the portal was a dragon priest. "Okay, let's do this." Runa thought to herself. "FUS RO DAH" she shouted at the priest. To her dismay, the priest blocked it with a ward spell. "I've been expecting you, Dovahkiin. I know why you are here. You are indeed powerful as you have managed to defeat my minions. But your journey ends here. It must hurt you to know that you came this close to achieving your goal" It said. "You do not frighten me priest, you are powerful enough to block my Thu'um but only one of us will be alive at the end of today." The priest laughed in a demented way and attacked her. The Priest cast two fireballs at her and she responded by blocking it. She unleashed a barrage of lighting and the priest unleashed a blizzard. They fought for hours. The Thu'um and Runa's natural magical abilties helped her to stay alive but it seemed it wasn't enough to kill the undead priest. She jumped out of the way of an oncoming fireball. "Is that the best you have, Dovahkiin. I really don't know wh.." Runa interrupted the priest and the two were now locked into a duel. Runa's lighting spell had been countered by the priest's firespell. Both had met at the middle and were pushing against each other. Runa knew if she let go, she would die but if the priest let go, she may also die. Fire and lighting, fighting each other for their masters. Runa felt her strength starting to fail as the lighting spell started to come back to her. "So, this is how it ends. I fail to save the world from Alduin. Seeing as i'm a nord, i suppose going down fighting whilst saving the world is not a bad way to go. But, i can't leave Brelyna." The very thought of her leaving Brelyna gave her more strength. She refused to leave her lover. "ARGH!!" she yelled in frustration. The lighting spell pushed back the firespell. "I AM THE DOVAHKIIN AND I WILL NOT LET ALDUIN HARM BRELYNA" She yelled "FUS RO DAH!" She let out a powerful shout. This shout was different, it felt more powerful. It hit the priest and set him smashing against the wall. Her magic finished him off. He fell onto the floor and didn't move. "May....Aldui...dev..our.....yo...ur.....s..oul" the priest said in his dying words. Runa collapsed onto her knees.

The battle had exhausted her. "Phew, i didn't know i had it in me. Alduin, i'm coming for you. Brelyna, i know you will be proud of me, my love. I'm doing this for you. You are the fire that burns inside of me and my hope." she said in between breaths as she slowly recovered it. It seemed that whenever Runa thought of Brelyna, she became more powerful and Runa had noticed that. "It seems that love is the strongest force in existence.Soon, i will see your face again." She said aloud to herself. She rummaged through her bag and retrieved an apple and a roast leg of goat. Using her magic, she gently warmed it up. And took a big bite out of it. She thought of Brelyna and what she was doing now as she ate her supper. She rested for a few minutes. As she did, she noticed the portal was starting to close. "YSMIR'S BEARD!"She shouted, she had assumed the priest's magic wouldn't wear off for another hour at least. She ran towards it and jumped into it. The world disappeared. A few seconds later, she landed on something soft. She smelt grass. "So this is Sovngarde." She said as she got up. She looked up and saw a clear night sky and a wave of colours flying along the sky. "You can do this, you must." she told herself. She felt very nervous and fear threatened to engulf her again. But this time, Fear would have to fight her as she refused to let it control her. "Pull yourself together girl, think of what that overgrown lizard will do to Brelyna" she told herself. This eliminated the fear from her. She travelled further into Sovngarde. She met many scared fallen nords along the way.Legionaire and stormcloak, proud warrior and common bandit. Here, it didn't matter as they all faced a greater threat then each other. Alduin. She came to an opening after travelling through the mist. Before her stood a large meadhall, connected to the land by a giant dragon skeleton bridge and standing by that was a tall nord.

Runa's first date with Brelyna.

Spoiler:
It had been a week since Brelyna and Runa confessed their feelings for each other. For a few days, Runa struggled to speak around Brelyna and words often failed her. She always ended up giggling. Brelyna would ask what she was giggling at but this just caused her to giggle harder. On the 4th day, Runa woke up to see Brelyna's face hovering above her. "M-m--m..." She wanted to say morning but the words didn't want to come out. "Morning Runa, i have a gift for you." The dunmer said and procceed to kiss her. Runa was surprised by this but when her lips touched hers, she closed her eyes and wished it would never end. "Morning Brelyna" she replied. On the 7th day, Runa invited her on a date. She had surprised Brelyna by sneaking into her quarters, and stood naked in front of her bed whilst holding a bunch of flowers. When Brelyna woke up, she gave her the flowers and asked if she wanted to go on a date. She did. The two made plans to travel to Riften and spend the day at the lake.

Present day

Runa and Brelynad had just arrived at the lake. The two had held each other's hands ever since they arrived at Riften via carriage. SPLASH! brelyna had just pushed Runa into the lake and was holding her stomach due to how much she was laughing. "You'll pay for that!" Runa exclaimed. She swam towards Brelyna and tried to grab hold of her. "You'll have to do better then that!" She taunted. "Oh really?, well you are missing out on the relaxing water. Why not come in?" Brelyna replied "I will once i've sent up the tent seeing as you decided to jump in, with your robes on, i may add."She said in a teasing voice. "You pushed me in!" She replied. "right, that's it" Runa swam towards the shore and ran towards Brelyna. Brelyna ran. The two chased each other for an hour. "Okay, let me set up the camp and then you can throw me into the lake" She said whilst trying to recover her breath. "I shall. But i'm going to punish you by making you remove my robes. Look at them." She said. Her robes were completely soaked. They stuck to her skin and felt a bit heavy. "It's pointless to resist that" Brelyna replied and slowly undressed Runa down to her undergarments. Half an hour later, the tent was set up. Runa prepared to throw Brelyna into the lake. "Let me take my robes off" She said. "Okay, but you have 2 minutes." Brelyna quickly got undress. 2 minutes later, Runa picked up Brelyna and threw her into the lake. SPLASH. She jumped in afterwards. "You were right, it is relax..." Brelyna said whilst treading the water. She was interrupted by Runa who had just splashed her with some water. "Oh, you are on!" the two throw water at each other for a while. They swam towards each other and rested their arms on each other's shoulders. T

hey gazed into the other's eyes. "You know, i thought i would never love again. It seems Mara was kind enough to give me a second chance. And that is you. Prehaps we were always meant to be together" Runa said in a soft voice. "I love you as well, who would have thought that i would fall in love with a strong nordic woman." She replied. "Who is this woman?" Runa inquired in a light hearted tone. "It's you silly." They kissed. "Wow, what are you doing Brelyna?" Runa exclaimed as she felt the Dunmer reach for her bra. "I thought we should spend the rest of the day in here and let our womanly features feel the cool touch of the water. But if you object, i will not do it." Runa was surprised by this. "I-i don't mind but only if i get to do the same to you." Rune replied. Brelyna nodded. "Wait, won't these float down stream?" Runa asked whilst they slowly removed each other's bra. "Good point, just throw them at our tent." they swam back to shore and threw them into the tent. They spent the next few hours relaxing in the lake. When nightfell, they climbed into seperate sleeping bags but moved them together. "I love you, Brelyna." Runa said in an adoring voice. She placed her hand on the elf's chin. "And i love you too." Brelyna place her hand on Runa's cheek the two kissed. "I've just thought of something, what if our undergarments are not dry by tomorrow?" Runa asked. "I suppose i will have to spend another day with you in that lake." She replied. "I was hoping you would say that., Night my love." Runa replied as she closed her eyes and embraced the arms of sleeping.

The following morning, Runa was gently woken up by Brelyna. Rubbing her eyes, she replied. "morning." "i made us some breakfast." Brelya told Runa as she gave her a bowl of apple stew. She took a bite of it and felt as if the Eight themselves had cooked it."mmn, this is excellent." She replied. After they had eaten their breakfast, Brelyna picked up Runa. "Wait, no, no, no not again!" She exclaimed in a happy voice. SPLASH! Runa was thrown into the later and returned the favour. The two spend the rest of the day together in the lake, only getting out to make lunch and supper. Runa hoped that the rest of the day would never end. Thus began Runa and brelyna's romance. Every few months, they would return to the lake. Their love kept getting deeper for each other. Runa believed that Brelyna was the one and Brelyna felt the same way. She would prove to be a vital factor into Runa journey to Sovngarde and battle with the world eater. But that is another story for another day.

I may post Runa's preposal to Brelyna at some point. Will post her battle with Alduin later. I know it's cliched, but her love for Brelyna seems to be making her more powerful. Prehaps that's the case. Prehaps she found a strength within herself by thinking of what would happen to Brelyna if she failed. It is unknown to her but thanks to Brelyna, Runa is at the peak of her power.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:21 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Norroen, that is a hilarious picture. I love her giggling in the corner.

All right, I wrote this one for fun and decided to share it here. Its about Felina, Listener to the Nightmother. She is an Imperial, married to Onmund and has a couple kids with him. She's not a nice person, although she has matured a bit since the birth of her second child. She continually struggles with a skooma addiction. Here, she runs into an old friend at the Solitude festival. The story is focused from his perspective.

EDIT: I better add that Felina left this gentleman at the altar. She ran into him a week later in Riften with her new husband. The three remember that day clearly.

Spoiler:
The child stared back at him with dried tears crusted on her dark lashes. With a surprisingly offensive huff, the toddler shielded her face from Marcurio's gaze with greasy palms. One of her eyes, blue like that of her mother's, pierced through a set of chubby fingers. Its cold look sent a subtle shimmer down the Imperial's spine, evoking a deep curiosity within him. How was it possible that such a young child could have this icy of a temperament? The girl let out a menacing shrill of a cry. Perhaps he shouldn't continue provoking her with his intensity. Embarrassed, he started to turn away from the bawling child.

"Runa, just what are you doing?" The girl's mother wrinkled her brow in irritation, adjusting the babe more comfortably on her hip. One kiss was enough attempt to console her crying daughter. Marcurio pulled his interested glance away from the child, suddenly realizing he had just volunteered himself a conversation with the woman...and there was no escape.

"Marcurio!" Her strange, yet familiar eyes sparked at the sight of him. She smirked with coolness as she took a step towards him, amusement hinted all over her wildly girlish face. "By Sithis, its been a while." She kept her voice low as if she did not want to be heard from those standing around them. "Just what are you doing here in Solitude?" Ah, Felina Imhatius: a Dark Brotherhood assassin and his former flame. It had been ages since he had last seen her icy frame.

Marcurio nervously cleared his throat, taking part of a hot glance over at Felina's husband standing just right behind her. The Nord appeared to be rather entertained in a conversation with the Altmer bard, Viarmo. His once youthful stature was now clearly more matured, showing through poise the aura of a respectable man. The pairing between Felina and Onmund had always mystified Marcurio. The assassin participated in the shadowy collection of Skyrim's finest criminals. How a mild-mannered, law-abiding man such as Onmund been able to live by her side as her spouse was beyond the Marcurio's comprehension. The Imperial mage could remember a time in the past when he and the Nord had exchanged words over Felina's hand, then taken out of his possession so very quickly by the Gods. Onmund had not noticed Marcurio's presence just yet, which was rather a good thing for the Imperial as he felt himself flush over the sight of his former love.

"I'm assuming we're here for the same reason." Marcurio somehow mustered, wondering if his cheeks showed the warming anger rousing in his flesh. Being present with Felina after so many years of not seeing her was jolting, for much between them had remained unresolved. Yet, here she was at the burning of King Olaf in Solitude with her husband and two children. A dark curly haired boy that held his father’s hand obediently and the babe girl still throwing a tantrum on her mother’s hip. The satisfied smile on her cracked lips irritated him. After all this time, part of him still felt as if she silently mocked him.

"Ah, yes, the burning of King Olaf." Felina kept her gaze locked with that of Marcurio's as she planted a soft kiss on her daughter's forehead. In a syrupy tone she poisoned her way into the mage’s head: "Was she vexing at you? This child is a rather whiny one." Just like that of Runa's, the assassin's glare chilled the mage's bones. He had once been so in love with the woman; planning on ways he would support her and their someday children. For some reason, the fact that she killed for the Dark Brotherhood and was practically their leader had not fazed him. She had crawled deep into his bones and the fine recesses of his good judgement. She had made the utmost of promises, only to vanish into the wilds of Skyrim one unsuspecting day. She had run off just before their wedding like a coward, only to marry Onmund a week later. How many years had it been? Six? Seven?

Mostly seven by the looks of how old the boy was. Marcurio quickly studied the child, noting how much he resembled Felina with mischief written all over his face. Yet, he stood elegantly poised like his father, taking a breezy gaze over to the Imperial who watched him.

"You look well, old friend." Felina's provocative tone stirred him from bitterly endless thoughts. "Say, do you remember my husband, Onmund?"

Suddenly, Marcurio felt himself cursing loudly at the tension welling in his stomach. Damn her! How would he not remember the man that stole her away? What was the fun in mocking him so? The chilled laughter visible in the corner of her eyes prodded at him like a hot poker. Her wind-bitten cheeks rubbed gently against her child's blonde curls; a definite contrast from her own black tresses. "Darling, do you recall Marcurio?" Felina turned her head to the side, glancing over the linen hood that protected her shoulders from exposure to the cold. She tugged invitingly at Onmund's hand, eventually returning her stare back to Marcurio. Amused teeth bared through her half-open mouth.

Marcurio forced a welcoming grin on his face. He felt his stomach take a quick turn as Onmund greeted a nod to him. "Pleasure." He murmured to the Nord.

"Well, if it isn't old Marcurio." The Nord greeted him with a surprised tone, a grin equally amused as that of his wife’s crept across his rugged features. "What are you doing all the way out here in Solitude?"

"I've always been a fan of the Bard's College." Marcurio shrugged, aiming to shake off Felina's continuing stare with a hearty chat. "When I heard the burning of the false king was once again returning to Solitude, I just knew I had to attend." He cleared his throat for the second time in those few minutes, feeling a nervous perspiration gathering under his armpits. He could only surmise that he was still angry at Felina's selfishness years later due to the rising anger he was now feeling. All he wanted was to watch the festival, not run into the crazed assassin and her family. "I thought you all lived in Winterhold."

"Winterhold is no place to raise a family." Onmund shrugged, putting a strong arm around Felina's small shoulders. "We built a fine homestead just across the marsh here. You can probably see it if you stand by windows near the burning king."

"The marsh is a perfect place for gathering deathbells." Felina chimed in, her voice smooth and cold like her soul.

"Yes, for poisons." Marcurio raised his tone, speaking over her. "I remember how much you like to lather your blades with the stuff." Should he ask about her skooma habit? He thought to himself, his brown eyes scanning for signs of her addiction illness. She seemed healthy for the most part, with her skin radiating a deeply tanned color that he had not seen on her before. Perhaps she had been spending much time in the outdoors, mid-year it was. Tired lines outlined the gentle slope under her eyes, hinting to a recent lack of sleep. "Not getting much rest these days? You look mighty tired." Vain as he knew Felina was, if he mentioned she did not look all right perhaps he could slide in and offend her ever so slightly.

"Oh, by Sithis, no." Felina rolled her eyes and sighed in exaggerated exasperation. "These children keep me awake so. Of course, there's all the work to do for the family. Cooking, cleaning, reading books for the children...oh, I never suspected motherhood to be this much work!" She shrugged off the last part of her sentence with an obviously forced chipper smile. "Then there's the case of killing dragons. I suspect they will keep me enslaved in such labor until my dying days."

"Perhaps you'll get lucky and a dragon will eat you." Marcurio dared the invitation for a fight from Onmund's entertained chuckle. However, the Nord appeared to like Marcurio's joke. "Although leaving the family without a Listener would be a terrible thing." The Imperial trailed off his words with a hefty smirk. He knew that if anyone around them caught on to a mention of the Dark Brotherhood, Felina would be mortified.

"Or, someone will pray to the Night Mother for her to end your life." Seemingly ignoring Marcurio’s offense, Felina retorted with a chilling step towards him. Her tanned hands cupping over her daughter's reddish ears. "Then in that case, it will be my face that you take to your grave, dearest friend. Perhaps I am in Solitude, the same time as you, for a deadly reason."

The two Imperials stared daringly at one another. All around them, the townsfolk of Solitude were lost in conversations with neighbors, celebrating the return of a most beloved festival. None were paying attention to the unfolding scene in the middle of them; that between an assassin and her “old friend”. Onmund closed his eyelids with a knowing grin, rubbing the thickness of his fingers down his wife's long and matted hair. Such a smile scared Marcurio a bit. What did the Nord know? He glanced nervously at the couple’s children at a desperate attempt for comfort. The accidental run-in was awkward enough, but at least the children brought some innocence into the picture.

The boy offered a shy, yet sincere smile Marcurio’s way. He tugged somewhat playfully at Onmund’s hand, perhaps in realization that his father’s attention was away from him. The toddler girl had mostly settled her screaming and now bawled mindlessly on Felina’s ample breast. To see her with a child was almost troubling to Marcurio.

"You could never kill me in front of all these people. In front of your children..." The Imperial mage retracted, anxiety finally arriving. Knowing that an assassin stood right in front of him--one he knew well--scared him most fierce. Although he would never admit so. He stepped back from Felina and her family, worrying for a moment over the fate the woman’s children would have with her as their caretaker.

She giggled a bit crudely, biting her lip with a strangely giddy smile. Felina seemed to catch on to Marcurio's nervousness. He saw it drove her a slight further to underhandedly insult him. "Old friends meet again. There is a greater purpose for you Marcurio. To fall asleep from my poisoned blade."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:29 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Last edited by Norroen Dyrd on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:01 pm 
Master
Master

ES Games: IV: GOTY, V: DG, HF, DB
Platform: PC (IV, V) & PS3 (V)
Oh, I just now realized that there were stories on this page! Definitely going to read them.

I made two more characters because I can't help myself. :P Not sure if I'll keep them yet. . . but, a bit about them. Backgrounds later. . anyway, one is a dagger-wielding, smooth-talking Dunmer rogue who will join the Thieves Guild and the other is a white-haired, blue-eyed, battle-axe swinging Nord. . who is sort of a Dragonborn's Dragonborn, basing her entire storyline on the fact that she's Dragonborn . . raising from a poor sellsword to a famous, powerful warrior with handmaidens and housecarls. . . and I also restarted my witch Yvara Velain. I rushed her story too much, and I didn't like where she was going RP-wise. So I'm going to spend some time with this new one, becoming a witch, finding her patron. . (I'm once again leaning towards Vaermina, Azura, Hircine and Nocturnal.)

Ah, but that will be posted about later. I do plan on writing up at least a story each this week (maybe not Jenger; he's on hiatus while I have the other four catch up to his level), probably all at one time this weekend. I haven't had the time, but I'm absolutely brimming with stories about these guys. Hope to see some stories from you guys too! I do love them. . and now I'm going to read the ones I haven't yet. >_> :P

Hidden:
Stealth
Virus Ulvan:

Weapons: (current) Steel dagger
Armor/Equipment: (current) Miner's clothes, boots
Skills: Light Armor, One-Handed, Sneak, Pickpocket, Lockpicking, Speech
Followers: (current) None
Race: Dunmer
Religion: Not very pious
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Birthday: 18 Evening Star/The Serpent
Class: Rogue
Hometown: Al'druhn
Current Residence: Windhelm
Family: Mother: Ferynu Ulvan, Father: Alms Ulvan, Sister: Dinara Ulvan

Combat
Ursine Ice-Mane:

Weapons: (current) Iron battleaxe
Armor/Equipment: (current) Iron armor, iron boots, fur gauntlets
Skills: Two-handed, heavy armor, smithing, one-handed, archery, block
Followers: (current) None
Race: Nord
Religion: The Nine Divines
Alignment: Neutral Good
Birthday: 10 Last Seed/ The Warrior
Class: Warrior
Hometown: Bruma
Current Residence: On the move~
Family: Mother: Helgi Ice-Mane, Father: Sven Ice-Mane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:46 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Holy cow, Witchery...one of your characters is named "Virus"...and he's a thief. Ahh...proper name. :D I can't wait to read your stories, they were always really good.

I have some ideas percolating myself. Lately, I've been thinking of what stories might turn out like if my characters were described from the POV of their partners. Haha...we'll see how this turns out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:59 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Other Profiles: Xbox: SargentLipton35
That would be kinda cool. See what they think about her.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:58 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Interestingly enough, I finally decided to retire Sylmirie. Gods bless you, my ever so favorite Altmer mage in the whole world.

With a journal teeming full of open quests, she stood outside Fahlbtharz with Onmund, staring securely into his eyes. "Let's go home...the girls are waiting." So home they went...to Proudspire Manor, to Meeko, to their kids. Sylmirie had an overwhelming desire to stay alive for the sake of her family. After helping this person and that, after saving the COW and battling Alduin in Sovngarde, after being the sexiest Dohvakiin of Tamriel history, all she wants to do is live out her days playing with her daughters on the cobblestone streets of Solitude. With the girls safely tucked into their cozy beds and Meeko laying lazily by the hearth fire downstairs, Sylmirie and Onmund sat down at their living room table to share a bottle of spiced wine. Distant memories of hot flames bursting from the palms of her hands along with the distinct recollection of all that she is...Dohvakiin...the greatest summoner to walk the wilds of Skyrim...Sylmirie smiled with gusto.

Perhaps she'll get restless one day in the future and decide to explore one more Dwarven ruin. For now, however, waking up every morning to her daughters bouncing on her bed sounds like a better deal.

Save.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:55 am 
Master
Master

ES Games: IV: GOTY, V: DG, HF, DB
Platform: PC (IV, V) & PS3 (V)
Aw, no! Sylmirie was my favorite. D:

Quote:
Perhaps she'll get restless one day in the future and decide to explore one more Dwarven ruin

That ^ gives me hope for another story about her though. Sylmirie was great. I hope she is happy with her family. :P

Speaking of Altmer... I have a little story thing about mine. Yay! (?) A bit about her political beliefs, and how I'm finally having her join up with the Imperials (as a Thalmor agent, of course).

Hidden:
Talos seemed to be glaring down at the Altmer as she scowled, her pretty gold face contorting into something less than pleasant. The statue loomed over her, clutching the stone shortsword with its stone hands, standing with its stone legs, watching Whiterun with its stone eyes.

That's all it is, Aranalda reminded herself. Stone. Talos was long dead . . . and the dead couldn't watch or glare or judge. He wasn't a god, he wasn't the Ninth and he wasn't worthy of her consideration, but somehow she found herself in the middle of an argument with the heretic-priest. The middle-aged Nord man with the dark whiskers and receding hairline under his yellow priest's hood glowered at her, shaking his head as she spoke.

"But it is illegal," she said slowly, her hollow voice dripping with condescension. He simply didn't understand the truth of the matter, that Talos was not worth breaking the law over. She certainly understood that his upbringing as a Nord of Skyrim couldn't be helped, but his reverence for a false god could. It would even be different if he stood here, at his little shrine, preaching of Molag Bal or Mehrunes Dagon. At least everyone knew the Daedra were actually powerful gods of a sort. Even if it wasn't honorable to worship them.

"Aye, and why is that?" Heimskr asked, his voice rising. There was quite a crowd surrounding them. People of Whiterun, few of which she recognized were staring from the plaza. That priestess of Kynareth was one of them, nodding at Heimskr's words. "Because of the Thalmor!" He said dramatically, and the response he elicited was disgust and agreement. Whether he was wrong or right, the Talos cultist was charismatic, Aranalda observed. "The elves! Elve like this honor-less so-called Companion that stands before us, and her Wood Elf slave!" He gestured to Nimriel, who stood behind Aranalda like a good handmaid.

The Bosmer had only recently been adopted by her. An immigrant from Cyrodiil, she had heard of the loveliness of the plains of Skyrim and had come to start her life anew. For the past several months she had been working for Severio Pelagia, an Imperial that ran a farm outside of Whiterun. Her soft-spoken demeanor and work ethic made her stand out to Aranalda, and as she delivered a villager from Riverwood (who had been kidnapped by vampires -- long story) back to his home, she proposed that Nimriel become her serving girl. Nimriel, a hesitant supporter of the Dominion, agreed -- for a wage much larger than what that fool Pelagia was paying her as a farmhand. Though she didn't say it, Aranalda was disgusted that an elf worked the land of a man for small pay and worse lodging. Certainly the honor in tending to a wealthy High Elf lady from Alinor was a much more attractive option, Aranalda suggested, and Nimriel agreed. The girl reminded her of her childhood nursemaid, a Bosmer woman named Methredhel, a kind and gentle woman who taught her how to read and add.

The Companions hadn't taken to the young elf; a warrior with a handmaid? Who did Aranalda think she was, a noblewoman or a Jarl? Those like Aela, Skjor, Vilkas and Njada had all protested. However, much to her surprise, Ria, Athis and Torvar had supported her -- she was, after all, a noblewoman. "I am Lady Aranalda, daughter of Athellor of Alinor and Irinwe of Lillandril, sister of Merildor of Alinor and member of the Companions, the greatest warriors in Tamriel. If I don't deserve a servant, who does?" Kodlak hadn't minded, especially after she claimed the Companions were the best in Tamriel. Nimriel would not be permitted to be a full member of the Companions, but as long as she helped out Tilma, she could sleep in the servant's quarters.

Nimriel did not flinch at the mention her name, and it made Aranalda proud for no actual reason. "I don't truly care," she said. "By the Emperor's laws you aren't permitted to worship Talos. Heresy is strictly forbidden, even in this gray waste." She regretted the last part; this gray waste was her new home and she did love it.

Heimskr looked as if he had been stricken. "First you take away Talos, and then you insult all of Skyrim?!" He declared loudly, and Aranalda did hear gasps from the crowd. Funny how he said 'you', as if she had written the law. "Will the elves stop at nothing to demean what it is to be a true Nord?"

Aranalda nearly rolled her eyes. The crowd, which consisted of Nords, Redguards, and Imperials, loudly agreed with this priest (though she realized it was mostly the Nords and a few Redguards making all of the noise). She didn't care. "The last time I checked Whiterun was still under the Empire's control. Why have you not been arrested for heresy?"

"And now the elf threatens me! And for what?" He looked about the crowd, speaking to them more than her. "Worshiping Talos! Being true to the Divines!"

The crowd jeered and the booed.

"This is why we must aid the Stormcloaks, Skyrim's true protectors! Jarl Ulfric knows what it is to be a true Nord, and we must support him!"

"Come, Nimriel," Aranalda said, turning away from the man. She eyed the plaza, with all of the cityfolk yelling and staring. There were guards present. Why weren't they adhering to the laws of Titus Mede II? Why did they let this foolish man preach about Whiterun, screeching the name of a false god?

The two elves walked back into Jorrvaskr. Skjor and Aela had watched the scene from atop the hill the mead hall lay on, and the burly Nord man spat at her heels as she walked by. When the two reached Aranalda's bunk, she made certain no one else was in there. Nimriel helped her remove her weapons and armor, and began to brush out the Altmer's auburn hair.

"Nimriel?"

"Yes, milady?" She asked, soft-spoken and gentle as ever. Even as she brushed, Aranalda nearly fell herself falling asleep.

"We certainly must do something about this. I think a trip to Solitude is in order, don't you, my dear?"

Her handmaid didn't stop brushing. "Yes, milady, as it pleases you. Shall I prepare a horse and supplies?"

"The Eight bless you, Nimriel," Aranalda said contentedly, and that was all the answer the Wood Elf needed.

I do plan on having a little story for each of my characters this week, as I said before. :P Hope you guys like this. :lol: (or hate it, she is a filthy elf. . . . >_>)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:45 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Oh, Witchery...how I have missed your writing! I'll be reading your story mighty soon and return with some lovely comments. :)

Don't worry, there will definitely be Sylmirie stories in the future, just not as frequent. They'll share a different part of her life, too. Her rest allows me to focus on my Bosmer and her current problem of having the heart for another dude. Yeah, its complicated.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:50 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, all DLC, Oblivion, GoTY and aniversary, arena
Platform: X360/PC, X360/PC, PC.
UESPoints: 2
Witchery wrote:

That ^ gives me hope for another story about her though. Sylmirie was great. I hope she is happy with her family. :P

Speaking of Altmer... I have a little story thing about mine. Yay! (?) A bit about her political beliefs, and how I'm finally having her join up with the Imperials (as a Thalmor agent, of course).

I do plan on having a little story for each of my characters this week, as I said before. :P Hope you guys like this. :lol: (or hate it, she is a filthy elf. . . . >_>)

My altmer likes Heimskr's ramblings - she hates (Well, gets highly annoyed with) humans who only believe in 8 divines, and Heimskr is somewhat of a breath of fresh air in that regard... I can just imagine how a conversation between them goes.

Doesn't worship Talos of course, since for her it, in some ways and possibilities, would be like venerating her future self, since they are both Shezzarine and dragonborn. Also he was human, and they're inferior. (TBF, at least it's a case of genuine superiority, unlike all other altmer's sense of superiority...)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:01 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, xbox 360
Other Profiles: Long Quan
Dohvakiin - I agree with Witchery, Sylmirie was my favorite too! Personally, I'm hoping that when Onmund dies of old age she does what he did, after her suicide, and visits a Daedric Prince to start all over.

Witchery - That was fantastic! You captured Heimskr perfectly, and I love how you added character to a background NPC when including Nimriel. Well done! Can't wait to read more.

CBR JGWRR - My altmer likes Heimskr too, but then he was raised a nord and worships Talos.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:23 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Holy [&@%!] Hrolf! I cannot believe you remember that story! It was so long ago. :) I love Sylmirie, she is my favorite character. She does, however, need some time to rest since I played her for months on end and I'm kind of tied up in another character situation. Sylmirie and Onmund will never end and I'm actually working on story about them right now.

Witchery, ahh...its so awesome to have your stories again. That was excellent, my dear...and I really like the frame of her thoughts that you put in there. I like her already! But...I could be Altmer biased.

Speaking of elves...I have a little something for everyone. So one fateful day, Lieth and Vilkas were traveling around Solstheim and got lost. They found themselves in Tel Mithryn and that's where she met her current follower, Talvas. Lieth is an archer that does occasional one-handed. So she figured hey, why not hire a mage? He's a BA one, too. They've been adventuring together for a while now with some--err--complications. Lieth has a massive crush on him and now...well...oops? :oops:

*seriously though, I never meant for any of this to happen. You know when they say the characters and stories take a life of their own? Yeah, this right here for sure*
Spoiler:
The moment still lingered on her lips. Though it had just passed, it was as if she still lived it in that present second. At first, she smiled in acceptance of what felt right in her heart. It felt good to graze her lips with his in an ever so slight kiss. Trembling fingers reached for connection with Lieth’s lips, tracing the soft edges and curves of her mouth. Just what had she done? A sudden thread of reason struck a cord in the Bosmer’s mind, causing her to back away from Talvas with a slow and realizingly painful retreat.

Not a word was muttered, not a caress was given. In the drenching rain that blanketed the forest they stared at one another, eyes brimming with confusion and guilt. It was never to be have been this way--the way tavern women were but she was not. Tavern women betrayed their husbands, she did not. Lieth was a Bosmer of honor; one that valued the divine duties in her life along with the occasional walk in the shadows. This situation, however, was not one she would ever have thought to experience.

Soaked and beginning to shiver from the autumn chill, Lieth momentarily placed aside her physical discomfort to sort out the heaviness that danced through her breast. “I--I don’t know what that quite was.” She almost whispered, cursing herself for a lie just now told. Of course she knew what the kiss was. It was a reflection of the flame that had secretly burned inside both of them for months. How could she deny what she felt by then lying to Talvas? Lieth took another guilt-ridden step back from him.

The Dunmer stood in rigid stillness, his soft red eyes revealing the truths of his own heart. He licked his lower lip as if to remember what had just happened, a faint smile appearing at the corner of his mouth. “We don’t have to discuss it this very moment.” He attempted to soothe Lieth with his words yet remained planted to the sticky mud under his steel-framed boots. “We must press on to your home before the cold freezes us.”

“But what if Vilkas knows? What if he senses what’s transpired between us?” Lieth shuddered from the cool wind that embraced her. She wanted to remain in the forest a tad longer, for embarrassed and filled with exasperation she now was. Damn the freezing rain and possible death to exposure. How could she take another breath knowing that she had now fully betrayed Vilkas to the point of no return? A light groan escaped her blue and shivering lips, accompanied by a heartfelt grimace. Perhaps she could stay in the forest forever and not have to fully face the truth of what she had done...and what she fully felt.

Love, is what it was. From the moment she laid her pair of amber eyes on him. New to the island of Solstheim, a disoriented Lieth had somehow found herself at Tel Mithryn: home to master wizard Neloth and his dutiful assistants. Talvas was Neloth’s only apprentice and had so kindly assisted Lieth on finding her way to where she was headed. The Bosmer was not one to use magick, for her bow was the only weapon she ever needed. However, realizing the brilliance and power that Talvas held in the palms of his hands, she hired him to protect her. For several months now the two of them traveled together, across the ashlands of Solstheim and the winter fields of Skyrim. She had introduced him to her family...and to her husband, Vilkas.

“He cannot possibly know.” Talvas took the first brave step in breaking the awkwardness that separated him from Lieth. Knowing in the back of his mind that her husband would break him in half were he to be witness to the present moment, he restrained himself from touching Lieth and merely took the steps necessary to be close to her. She glanced up at him with threatening desperation, unsure as to what he would say or do. “Let’s go home, Lieth.” It was all that he quietly said, connecting his gaze to hers ever so deeply. “I don’t want you to catch ill.”

“To Oblivion with ill.” The Bosmer trailed her words with battling control. Inside, she wanted to burst with emotion. She wanted to cry over the injustice of what now was, over the stupidity that she had allowed herself involvement with. Twice she had sent Talvas back to Morrowind out of respect for the sanctity of her marriage to Vilkas. Yet, twice she had returned to Tel Mithryn because she simply could not stay away from Talvas. It had been a slow reality to accept, one she fought with all her might.

She simply could not deny her heart any longer, even if it meant confusion and guilt at its finest. She loved Vilkas for what he was, a kind and respectable man that held their family safely together. Lieth shared a joyful existence with him and their two children, never wanting for anything and always receiving the full benefits of his loving attention. Why she would ever want to throw it all away on betraying Vilkas was beyond her current state of comprehension. It was not as if she wanted to end her marriage, because she did not. In fact, what she wanted most was to never have met Talvas. She wanted to ruthlessly rip that love she felt for him right out of her beating heart, but she could not. It was the difference of what she felt between the two men that sealed it all in for her. She loved Vilkas because he was her husband, but with Talvas she was in love.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:37 pm 
Champion
Champion

Of course I remember. I've been following Sylmirie for almost as long as you've been posting about her, and that was a great story arc.

Question: Do any of your characters know how to remain faithful? lol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:20 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Why, that's a great question, Hrolf. To be fair, Lieth is the only one that has strayed....and that was not supposed to happen. Sylmirie and Ondolemar rekindled their past romance when she and Onmund were broken up. Felina has always been faithful to her husband as well. She dumped Marcurio fair and square before she even met Onmund. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:44 pm 
Champion
Champion

Ok, I guess that was true, about Sylmirie and Ondolemar. I like to think it was Onmund that took him out, in your story, and not the Stormcloaks, lol.
Perhaps I was mistaken, but didn't Felina have some weird vampire fling? Oh well. It doesn't matter. You write that stuff well. That's what matters.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:08 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Other Profiles: Xbox: SargentLipton35
Wow. I really like Sylmirie. Though that opens of some room for this new character. I like where you are going with her.
Witchery: I liked that story. Thread has been a little dead lately. We need some more stories.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 126  Next