UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Great House Redoran (Club/Faction)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:41 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, Morrowind GOTY, Skyrim
Platform: PC, Xbox
UESPoints: 0
ZombieMonkeyNZ wrote:

3. If you could pick any office in the Redoran family, what would it be?
Umm... lolwut? :lol:

What rank, where and why? :wink:

Så se mig som den, En make en vän
Fader och son som aldrig kommer hem
Men vem sörjer mig?

~Make Peace Not War.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:43 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends, Blades
Platform: PC, PS4, PS5, XSX
UESPoints: 5
Okay Redoran, let's talk.

House Redoran is highly honoured with the responsibility of protecting Morrowind from the Nords on the Skyrim border and from Red Mountain on Vvardenfell. Discuss.

Beginner's Guide to Morrowind

Last edited by OblivionDuruza on Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:31 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrowind Game of the Year Edition (PC), Oblivion Game of the Year edition
Platform: Playstation 3, PC
The Great House of Redoran is Highly Honored in these tasks indeed! But I, a mere Councilman of Redoran, suppose that even if the Great House may fight the Nords to the west; that does not mean Nordic members should be given a fear or discrimination against.

The Nords are our natural enemies; but this was long ago. During the days where the Dwemer existed and we were still Chimer so say the Tribunal Hierocrypha. (And the Apocrypha for those within our ranks whom doubt the Tribunal's face-value.)

If we to be exact; the Kingdom of Skyrim is our, the Velothi people, natural enemy. But the Nordic people? They are not. Like with the Arnesian War; which we now see there are some flaws in our reasoning to support the war but we still honor the glorious Martyr and his Saint status, we should not see the Argonians as our natural enemy!

They are citizens of this great land, Morrowind, as we are! The Honor within our House that has lasted GENERATIONS, and will last EVEN MORE, must be laid down upon these peoples.

So while we defend Our people, Our Families, Our House and Our Temple from the Skyrim aggression to come; we will gladly accept Nordic people into our ranks. We will even accept Beast-folk to prove to the arrogant and faithless Telvanni, and the opportunistic Hlaalu, that we are a House FOR the people of Morrowind and is made up BY the people of Morrowind!

Though the Nerevarine, Blessed him and May the Three Bless him and his Ancestors, has killed the Devil Dagoth Ur, We must still contain the threat still imposed upon the Mountain. The threat being the remaining Blight Creatures and surviving Dagoth slaves. I propose the Council of the Great House of Redoran, upon the Mainland of BlackLight and in Vvardenfell upon Ald'ruhn, pass a proposal that shall send three Redoran divisions to Ghostgate to help the Buyont Armigers there.

We shall show all that we still have to clean up Red Mountain in order for it to be safe and peaceful for all Dunmeri peoples and non Dunmeri peoples.

But; we mustn't lost sight of what is rightful ours in Vvardenfell as well: the Caldera Ebony Mines.

EDIT: I'd Also like to Join the Great House Redoran.

High Lord of the Great House of Indoril and Lord of Almalexia

VVV

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:19 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrowind Game of the Year Edition (PC), Oblivion Game of the Year edition
Question time: How does the former ArchMaster, Bolyn Venim, fare in your eyes my fellow Redorans?

VVV

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:16 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

My thoughts on Bolvyn Venim

He seems like a capable leader, but clearly fears outlanders. He is credited with securing House Redoran's landholdings during the opening of Vvardenfell, so he is not an incompetent leader by any stretch of the imagination, but the ability to accept and adapt is paramount in House Redoran's survival, as it is for all the Houses.

Being the Hlaalu lover I am, I know this particularlly well, due to the Old/New struggles of the House with the Cammona Tong. Lore-wise, Indoril and Redoan loose a bloody civil war and House Indoril is crippled by mass suicides after the failed independence struggle, leaving Redoran 'high and dry' and in need of stronger allies.

Honestly there isn't a whole lot of lore, but I'm sure other have picked up more, seeing as I don't play Redoran as much as some other Houses.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:40 am 
Champion
Champion

For me it's that he did do some great things such as secure Redoran territory; but in the end he did some crap I just can not forgive (such as Arythn Serthi's son), and his xenophobia does put him at a bad end.

So he's kind of better in my eyes than Ovras Dren. A bit. He did attempt to maintain some kind of pseudo-honor and sometimes abandoned honor for practicability.

But when he starts in fighting within Redoran, having Redoran against Redoran and forget the codes of Redoran is for the people, for honor, and for Temple: He's crossed a line that he can not be forgiven for.

VVV

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:12 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

He is certainly a utilitarian leader, or at least it would seem so. On the subject of his detention of Varvur Sarethi, it is my understanding that Venmin only did that because Varvur was accused of the murder of Bralen Carvaren and was under the influence of an Ash Statue.

Still, his obvious lack of acceptance of change, ultimately lead to his down fall. This is a reoccurring theme in the game, with all three Houses having similar structures as far as acceptance, and with the Main Quest focused on an 'outlander's' journey to becoming the hero of the people, facing adversity and suspicion as it goes. It's a message I actually find quite inspiring.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:34 am 
Champion
Champion

Well got the irony, the Telvanni couldn't accept for they were too divided and their Arch-Magistrate wouldn't intervene or make decisions (such as naming you Hortator; Only Aryon the 'good Telvanni' wants to. And mostly for being the lead-man of Telvanni now in Vvardenfell as if you aren't Telvanni he likely takes over.)

It was within their own quotas of individualism of doing whatever you want that ultimately almost killed them; as there was no boundaries or power someone had over the rest. The Council and the Arch-Magistrate had the same power; just neither had the time to use it.

For Redoran it's the very fact that this change nearly cost their honor and reputation as a peoples-Warrior House. If not a Peoples House (as they are typically more of a "Popular Front" type of House, with mixes of people that have the determination of being honorable to House, Kin, and Temple.), which Bolvyn wasn't being apart of.

Although no doubt he had his qualities, it was that he was using his position as Arch-Master for means-to-ends that benefited *him* in the end rather than the House. For the Sarenthi situation; that is true. But Arythn's son was taken from him without consent and they were ordered to kill him if he tried to escape.

The very idea of a Redoran, much less the Leader, using children within the political game of keeping Arythn quiet is very disturbing and damning of the idea House Redoran was based on. As we seen the Telvanni do it *all* the time. Be it Fyr or any Telvanni. (Ayron didn't do it; but considering he was a direct study of Fyr? He would have done so if it benefited his situationon both making Redoran agree to certain decisions in the Grand Council of Vvardenfell or merely reptuation among the Telvanni Council)

So Bolvyn's methods can be damning of him, even within the understanding of some things he did.

But I don't think it is all 'acceptance' due to Hlaalu was intertwined with the Cammona Tong due to Ovras Dren. The Cammona Tong are still crooks and thugs, they're just bigoted thugs and crooks. Sometimes Slavers.

Even if the Cammona Tong accepted foreigners/outlanders; it wouldn't really redeem House Hlaalu. in reality, House Hlaalu's lesson is to not be as open to Imperial influence or ultra-nationalist influence. The Cammona tong are 'right' to make Morrowind independent. But what they want to do with such is where support leaves.

Xenophobia, keeping tradition of slavery, Dunmeri Supremacist aims and so forth.

I think the main lesson for the Three Great Houses is there are plenty of dangers outside that can dent you or stagger you. But the dangers inside can kill you in one swift motion.

VVV

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:49 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Here we have some new survey questions:

4. What was your favourite quest for the House?

5. Do you approve of Archmaster Venmin?

6. Is there anything special you do when playing a Redoran Character (roleplaying-wise)?

7. What is your favourite Redoran related quote?

Bonus Question: Have you tried PAX Redoran? If so, share a few of your thoughts on it.

I'd also love for more people to share their opinions on the original discussion ti=opic or on Velothi's question :mrgreen:.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:51 pm 
Champion
Champion

My favorite quest? The Council-member quests and Bal Isra's Manor quest. The Council for you get to do some Abolition work, and realize how the Council works. Sometimes they will go against "tradition" of slavery to both serve themselves (disrupt caldera ebony mines) and to be more of a people's house.

With Bal Isra; it shows you can even be an abolitionist there. Get some beast-folk into your manor (though it never happens) and see how your manor develops as the house that Actually places its home within its territory.

Somewhat; I approve of his House Redoran securing territory. But everything else? No. PAX Redoran actually makes me sympathize with him, and with good reason after his death.

Well...I usually go in par with Temple Quests and Redoran quests; I now sometimes switch clothings when I play as a Temple member and not on Redoran quests (aka wearing 'priestly clothing'), and usually carry all 36 Lessons of Vivec, and Saryoni's Sermons. I devoutly play as a Temple supporting Redoran. I usually play honorably; trying to find the peaceful means if possible. As such with the Mad Lord of Milk. But I am also a Morag Tong member most of the time as well: So when I finally come to terms with fighting, they won't survive long.

"Whether born to the blood of House Redoran, or adopted into service of House Redoran by oath, those who seek to advance in the ranks of House Redoran must demonstrate their virtues by service and obedience. And only when one has mastered all the skills and virtues can one truly call himself a noble of the Great House Redoran."- Serjo Athyn Sarethi

I have, and I have played the others released by the generous modders (whom I speak with for questions, advice and just plain talking :P ); and I must say. Anyone one whom wants to RP as Redoran or play as it MUST have it. http://lgnpc.org/downloads

Note I'm not only talking about PAX Redoran but also Ald'Ruhn, Ald'Ruhn supplements, Pelegiad, Hla Ode, Ald Velothi, Redoran Vivec, Vivec Foreign-Quarters, and etc.

My opinion is they added alot to make Redoran an alive guild which has its own darkness within its members, and makes bolvyn have a sort of redemption after his death.

It's dynamic so don't expect some things to be built like Raven Rock or Manors; which actually makes it more real. You get to IMAGINE what happens.

It adds alot more quests both relating to other factions (on the Mages Guild Monopoly, Ebony Trade, Hlaalu impersonating a dead-Redoran, and other things); making the factions even more inter-related than they were before.

I do warn though; Do not Join the Morag Tong until after you do your quests for Toris Saren (guy in Redoran canton). He has some interesting quests that will not be offered to you as a Morag Tong member, and especially if you have the writ on him.

VVV

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:07 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Just a quick question, would anybody be interested in starting a Great House mod project, potentially exploring the idea of conflict between the Houses?

One idea in relation to the Caldera Mines, could involve a 'war' between Houses Redoran and Hlaalu.

Anyone have skill in Quest design, scripting and the like?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:24 am 
Champion
Champion

I'd love to, though I haven't dwelled much into modding.

But since I do have inspiration (the lovely fellows of PAX Redoran), I'd like to try it. Even though I am a novice of any of those things you have posted, but I'm very keen in story driven aspects, making it very multi-sided (Besides the fact it is OUR land Hlaalu took, West Gnash and Caldera are primarily Redoran territories) conflict as well as add alot of darker faces of Redoran that might appear from the conflict.

VVV

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:01 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Noble warriors of House Redoran! Hark to that which I herald!

I'm pleased to announce the August Competition of the Month, which will be run in conjunction with the Great Houses!

Here's the plan:
August 1st - August 8th: Voting on a House, gender and name
In this stage we shall decide as a community the specific details of the brief. User submissions and ideas will be accepted, and a few basic pieces of background information will be decided upon.
August 8th - August 24th - Submissions
Within this time, users may submit anything they wish, as long as it sticks to the brief of course. It may be a piece of writing, a short story, a profile, a drawing or piece of fine art (perhaps a portrait, or an image of an item or place related to the character), or even a song, poem or riddle.
August 24th - August 31 - Voting on an overall winner and compilation of works
There shall be one overall winner of the competition, but where possible, every user's submissions will be included in a character profile to be constructed by the Great House joint-Council team.

I'm eagerly awaiting your contributions and would love to see what you've got. Why not show the other Houses that House Redoran is more than swords and axes! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:32 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Arena, Morrowind:GOTY, Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim,
Platform: PC, Xbox, Xbox 360
Sorry I've missed out so much my faithful warriors. I'm back

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:34 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion
Platform: XBox 360, PC
Holy [&@%!]! Ezkaton! I mean, My Lord, Redoran stands ready.

"Your mother was a hamster!
And you father smelt, of Elderberries!"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:35 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ZombieMonkeyNZ wrote:
Holy [&@%!] Ezkaton!

Wassup bro? :D..Oh and At ease Soldier.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:38 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Well, Well, Well...look whose come back to the fold...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:41 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Haha yeah :P I've been busy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:45 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Will you be joining the RP in the near future?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:52 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes as soon as Duruza can fit me in.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:53 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion
Platform: XBox 360, PC
Oh right, gotta pick up on that... I completely forgot about it... :oops:

"Your mother was a hamster!
And you father smelt, of Elderberries!"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:58 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ZombieMonkeyNZ wrote:
Oh right, gotta pick up on that... I completely forgot about it... :oops:

At least you started it. Lol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:56 am 
Master
Master

ES Games: I-V + DLC
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
UESPoints: 4
Ezkaton wrote:
Sorry I've missed out so much my faithful warriors. I'm back

Where have you been? I thought you pulled a Seren! Of course, I was more attached to Seren, but...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:00 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Ezkaton! Image Oh lord you're back! Image I'll give you a run down and I'll DM you into the roleplay whenever.

Also thought you might like to know that there is a new Redoran Councillor and a House comp to boot! Good to see you back. :mrgreen:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:20 am 
Champion
Champion

Hail to our Redoran Arch-Master, faithful worshiper of ALMSIVI and Warrior of Honor!

Your new Redoran Councilman stands at the ready to send the enemies of Redoran to Red Mountain itself!

VVV

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next