UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:39 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Elder Scrolls Lore Quiz
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:46 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Morrowind, Redguard
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
I came across an ES Lore quiz on the net, which seemed like a fun way to pass my time. Not really satisfied, I did a little searching for other quizzes. They were all equally disappointing. Most of them had (extremely) poor grammar, were far too easy and contained fanart/fanfiction. So I decided to create my own. One that would be challenging and would encompass most, if not all, of the ES Lore.

Several nice questions came in mind (I'm a sucker for patterns) and I worked from there. I used RL history quizzes as a model to build upon and many months of laziness and procrastination later it's finally complete.

Few things to make note of: there are four "variants" of the quiz and they're all very similar, but there's hardly any repeating questions between them. Also, you'll have to keep your score manually (there's cca 40 questions per variant and 100 points is max). I tried to use one of those "make your own quiz" websites, but I couldn't find any that could support the format of the quiz.

You can go here for a detailed explanation (I fully recommend you read it first) or go straight here to choose a variant.

If you find any mistakes (either lore or spelling/grammar) please let me know, I'm sure a mistake or two slipped my attention. If you plan on discussing questions from the quiz here, please use spoiler tags. Also, any suggestions are more than welcome (especially concerning the last question).

Hope you have fun. :P

Post subject: Re: Elder Scrolls Lore Quiz
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:20 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360
UESPoints: 10
I got 95 on Quiz 1. Although I'm comping myself two or three points for answers I took exception to.

Hope you got my email, kertaw; I had other feedback there.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:33 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Morrowind, Redguard
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
Whoah, 95? That's incredible. Kind of makes me wonder which ones you answered wrong. :P

Also, thanks for "beta testing" my quiz. I made most of it when I didn't have any Internet connection so I couldn't check on all the details. Still, kinda sloppy of me.

About your feedback: I corrected all of the things you commented on, except for Question 8. I'm not exactly sure what you meant by that one, so I wanted to make sure before I corrected it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:44 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360
UESPoints: 10
I messed up on 12, 18, 34, and 41. #14 was a series of coin tosses which happened to work out.

I interpreted what you meant by "common racial criteria" with apparent success in #8, but it struck me as ambiguous phrasing.