UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:09 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ] 
 Post subject: PS3 corrupt hard disk issue RESOLVED
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:59 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
Platform: PS3 (Oblivion, Skyrim) PC (Skyrim)
UESPoints: 0
So, today I was playing my PS3 as normal, and then turned it off through the XMB menu, as normal. It turned off normally, but when my sister went to play it, things got weird. It gave a message saying that "the hard disk has been corrupted and will be restored," then went through a lengthy restoring loading bar. After it completed, it restarted the system. But, instead of going back to normal, it did the entire process again. And again. And again. It seemed the system was stuck in an infinite loop of borken-ness, so I checked the Playstation.com section on support. For the problem I had (which it described to the letter), it recommended putting the PS3 in Safe Mode, and then re-building the database. So I put the PS3 in Safe Mode, and selected Re-build database, but when I choose it, it gives me an error message saying that the hard disk can not be accessed. So now I'm pretty confused, as the restoring message makes it sound like the system is corrupted, while the error message makes it sound like the hard disk just isn't there. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this?

Its a PS3 slim, fully updated, about 3 years old, and kept elevated and away from the wall to avoid overheating.

EDIT: Problem = fixed.

Spoiler:
so i herd u liek patapon...

wabbajack wabbajack wabbajack wabbajack

Last edited by yodah on Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: PS3 corrupt hard disk issue
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:36 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

UESPoints: 1
When in doubt, remove hard drive, blow any dust from the connectors, and replace firmly. Reboot.

Three does not equal three.
-unknown Redditor.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:37 pm 
Warder
Warder

Thank the divines for the reply! One question, how exactly do I remove the hard drive without damaging the system?

Spoiler:

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:38 pm 
Warder
Warder

Ever heard of the bathtub scale?

That might be your problem.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:40 pm 
Warder
Warder

Iamgoofball wrote:
Ever heard of the bathtub scale?

That might be your problem.

...uh, what?

Spoiler:

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:42 pm 
Warder
Warder

Basically, it's a scale like a bathtub. It's for hardware peformance.

For the 1st year, It is the highest it can be. The next 4 years, though, it is at the very bottom of the scale. The 5th year, it is at the very top again.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:43 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Is your hard drive in built, or a removeable one? And I'm just speculating, as I have an Xbox but you looked like you needed help. So, by no means is anything I say definite.

-unknown Redditor.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:44 pm 
Warder
Warder

Alright, thanks for the replies. I'll do some more research, hopefully I'll be able to find an answer.

Spoiler:

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:45 pm 
Warder
Warder

Scozzar wrote:
Uhh I'm not sure about the anatomy of a PS3, but seeing it's a slim model, it's more than likely inside the PS3. Removing the harddrive probably requires you to open up the PS3 which voids the warranty

Warranty is already over at this point. I don't have much to lose.

Well, besides over 300 hours of progress in most of my games.

Spoiler:

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:51 pm 
Warder
Warder

Talk to a person at a Gamestop or something. They might be able to help you with it. Or call Sony Tech Support.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:09 pm 
Warder
Warder

Ok, so if just taking out the hard drive and blowing out some dust will work, this should be an easy fix. If not, is there any way that I can move all of my files to an external storage device while the PS3 is in this rather debilitated state? At that point, I would restore the whole system, then just put everything back onto it.

Spoiler:

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:11 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Begin to pay for an Armada of memory sticks. Or buy a portable Hard Drive.

-unknown Redditor.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:28 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Platform: PC
The hard drives appear to be 2.5" with SATA connection. You should theoretically be able to remove the drive and hook it up to your computer (either to your motherboard, with a drive header or an external hard drive enclosure) and make an image (copy) of it to write to your new hard drive.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:46 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind-Skyrim-Oblivion
Platform: PC and PS3
Yes , you can easily remove your hard drive, in order to clean it. And not, as far as I know there is no way to copy your saves from the Ps3, if you can't access to the XMB.
Unfortunately I've never removed an Hard Disk, so I can't help you in the hardware; by the way, usually the "file corrupted" message shows when the Ps3 is turned off "badly".

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:47 pm 
Warder
Warder

Skyr wrote:
Yes , you can easily remove your hard drive, in order to clean it. And not, as far as I know there is no way to copy your saves from the Ps3, if you can't access to the XMB.
Unfortunately I've never removed an Hard Disk, so I can't help you in the hardware; by the way, usually the "file corrupted" message shows when the Ps3 is turned off "badly".

AKA, shut off during loading, or to be more specific, unplugged during any kind of loading.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:52 pm 
Warder
Warder

Alright, I took it out and cleaned off all the dust, and while it was as dusty as the Ashpit in there, it still doesn't work. Well, as far as I know. I didn't have the patience to sit through the restoring bar again. Maybe now rebuilding the database will work or something.

@Archea: That sounds like it will work, I shall look into that. First I'll need something that can actually hook the hard drive up to a computer.

@Skyr: I know that those are the conditions that the corruption normally occurs under, but I didn't shut it off during any kind of loading or saving. I also shut it off from the XMB menu, which allows the system to finish whatever it's doing before it shuts off.

EDIT: Rebuilding the database and restoring the File System still have no effect. I'll have to try moving everything to a new hard drive or bringing it to Gamestop. Thanks for all your help everyone!

EDIT THE SECOND: What luck! I actually just managed to find an entire guide to completely fix this problem without losing any data at all! Problem=potentially resolved!

Spoiler:

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:08 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Platform: PC
yodah wrote:
@Archea: That sounds like it will work, I shall look into that. First I'll need something that can actually hook the hard drive up to a computer.

A computer store near me sells USB powered external hard drive enclosures for 2.5" SATA hard drives for $10.99 retail. There are also SATA or IDE & SATA to USB drive headers but read reviews before you buy one because I've had some bad luck. And of course if you have a desktop and a sata cable and a free sata power cable from your power supply then you can just hook it up to your computer and give it a drive letter through Windows Disk Management (found either by right clicking on Computer/My Computer, clicking Manage and navigating to it in the feature tree on the left, or in the Windows 7 program search on the start menu this is called "Create and Format Hard Disk Partitions"). The USB external should get a drive letter on its own (don't have to worry about that last step)

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:57 am 
Warder
Warder

OK, So I found this supposedly complete guide to fixing all of a PS3's Hard Disk problems. I was hoping that some people here could look it over and verify that it would work, along with letting me know if the program it requires is any good or not.

It's quite long, so putting it under this spoiler...
Spoiler:
So I would be following the Route 3 that is specified in this guide.

FIX
======================================================================================================

Introduction

So i have recently encountered a HDD problem. My game froze and nothing would respond so i had to use the switch off button at the back of my FAT PS3. An error popped up saying "Cannot Start. Correct hard disk not found", and it would continously loop to that prompt. I tried going to the System Restore but was not able to go there initially. I have read a lot (when i say a lot i mean A LOT) of threads/websites/blogs regarding HDD problems. They mostly say the same thing "Your HDD is toast/Kaput/damaged" and that you have to "reformat/Send in for Repair" that would eventually lead to the extinction of the DATA inside your HDD. But now i am here to tell you that THERE IS A SOLUTION and a way to retrieve back YOUR SAVE DATA THAT YOU HAVE WORKED FOR!!! It worked for me, and i am positive it will work for you.

Materials needed:
1. A SATA 2.5" HDD Enclosure
2. USB cable for the enclosure
(Which should be included in the enclosure, but if its not, then you need one)
3. A PC/MAC (NOTE: I used a laptop running Windows 7)
4. A USB Drive with the Latest Update inside (NOTE: I was not running any CFW , i used the latest firmware (OFW 4.11))
5. A Copy of "HDD Regenerator 2011" software (FULL VERSION)
6. The PS3 (working) that you used to initially format your HDD

Guide on how to Fix "Cannot Start. Correct hard disk not found" error, other HDD Problems, and the PS3 Restore Loop (3 in 1 Guide ):

Before beginning this process please assess which route you are going to take:

ROUTE #1 : "I do not care about my data (game saves etc.) and i am ok if it gets deleted" then go for the Restore PS3 System (NOTE: This will format your HDD and erase everything)

ROUTE #2 : "I don't think that my HDD is that faulty, maybe a HDD restoration would fix it and salvage all of my game saves" (NOTE: HDD restoration is not the same as the "Restore PS3 System route"!)

ROUTE #3 : "I want to save my data (all that hard work and stuff)" (NOTE: This route is probably why you are reading this guide!)

ALL ROUTES START HERE:

PS3 PART:

1.) Access the PS3 Recovery Menu
How to Access Playstation Recovery Menu
• Turn off Playstation®3.
• Hold The power button down; The system will turn on and turn off once again.
• Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
• When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
• You will be promted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button
• The Recovery menu will pop up.
NOTE: Most people think that they CAN'T ACCESS the Recovery Menu on their PS3 and that the error would just go back repeatedly. Make sure to have a controller connected to your PS3, after hearing the 2nd beep press the PS Button repeatedly. It should stop blinking and 1 light should only appear on your controller. Look at the screen, and voila! you're in the Recovery Menu.

2.) In the Recovery menu, Choose Option #3 Restore File System. It will ask you to insert your USB (with the firmware update inside it).
For ROUTE #2 and ROUTE #3 only: DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES CHOOSE OPTION #5 RESTORE PS3 SYSTEM

For ROUTE #1: Instead of Option #3 choose Option #5 Restore PS3 System. The PS3 will reformat your HDD erasing EVERYTHING. Your HDD will be like new then just follow the prompt (just like when you first started using the PS3).
-THIS ENDS ROUTE #1-

For ROUTE #2 and ROUTE #3 read further:

3.) Follow the steps and you'll end up with "the hard disk's file system is corrupted and will be restored" prompt, Press "OK"

ROUTE #2: If this fixes your hardrive problems then you are done!. Just follow the prompts to get back the XMB. Make sure to BACK EVERYTHING UP!
- THIS ENDS ROUTE #2-

ROUTE #3: Now if this part repeats or loops (meaning it goes back to the error prompt and asks you to redo the prompt again), access the Recovery Menu again.

4.) In the Recovery menu, this time, choose Option #2 Restore Default Settings. (NOTE: This WILL DELETE your Inbox Messages and Playlists, nothing big so don't worry). Again the "the hard disk's file system is corrupted and will be restored" prompt will reappear again. You can press "OK" again ( i did this about 10+ times, you don't have to do it a lot of times, once or twice will do)
(NOTE: When you try to access Option #4 "Rebuild Database" in the Recovery Menu sometimes it will say "The hard disk cannot be accessed". This happened to me so i moved on and properly turned off my PS3 system and removed the power cable.)

PC/MAC PART:

Before starting this part i recommend switching "SATA OPERATIONS" from AHCI to ATA in your BIOS SETUP Menu

5.) When your PS3 system is finally turned off and the power cable is removed, Carefully take out your HDD from your PS3(NOTE: I have a 160 GB FAT model, The Slim model might have a different HDD location). If you do not know how to then please use google (not trying to be mean) or ask someone who knows how to, but a simple google search would do. (NOTE: Taking out your HDD will not Void any warranty)

6.) Carefully remove the HDD from the caddy tray (the metal casing used to insert the HDD inside the PS3). Insert the HDD into the HDD Enclosure. Screw the sides so that the HDD would not move around the enclosure.

7.) Insert the USB, that is connected to the HDD enclosure , to your PC/MAC.

6.) Run the full version of HDD Regenerator. (NOTE: I used Windows 7 and it allowed me to do the repairing without booting a CD/USB) When you get to this screen:

You can either choose Option #1 to pre-scan the HDD revealing the Bad sectors, then choosing Option #2 to repair it OR skip Option #1 altogether and Scan and Repair it using only Option #2 (NOTE: I pre-scanned it then chose Option #2, but if you want to save time choose only #2).

8.) You will get this screen:

OR

The top image is when the software finds a bad sector, the next one is if it repaired it. (NOTE: I initially was not able to repair my HDD BECAUSE i did not do any of the "PS3 Part" stated about, you must follow it before this software can repair your HDD.)
This was my result:

9.) If it is repaired, then you repaired your HDD!!! but the guide is not over yet so read carefully

10.) When the software is done scanning and repairing make sure to quit/exit the program first then Safely remove the USB (There should be a "Safely Remove Devices" button on the Windows 7 toolbar)

11.) Carefully take out your HDD from the enclosure, then carefully insert it again to the PS3 slot. Screw it, then put the side cover back on the PS3 (FAT model only i think)

12.) Power on your PS3, then it should say the "the hard disk's file system is corrupted and will be restored" prompt (you might feel discourage at this point because of the restore loop BUT DONT!).

13.)With the controller connected to the PS3 via the USB, Press "OK". Let it restore, BUT BEFORE IT FINISHES, remove the USB cable that is connecting the controller to the PS3 and keep pressing the PS Button (All of the Red lights should blink, THEN it will change to only 1 single red light)

14.) Voila! Its back up and running!!! (i saw the PS3 Dream Believe logo)

15.) It is going to prompt you for the Date/Time/Internet Connection etc. (NOTE: I forgot if it asked me for the USB DRIVE update since i was jumping for joy all over my house, but if it did then just follow the prompt)

16.) Your accounts will have an asterisks(*) beside them and you'll have to sign in (Existing User)

17.) LAST AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL, BACK EVERYTHING UP!!!
-THIS ENDS ROUTE #3-

Other Stuff that i Tried before Succeeding:

Scanned HDD with HD TUNE:

Tried to used SpinRite but would not let me

Sorry for the bad quality pic

POST-Repair Concerns/Questions:
Q: I tried to back up my save files using a USB but the XMB would not allow me to copy it to the USB drive, only to a Playstation Plus Folder
A: This is because the developers of the game chose to copyright/protect the saves, meaning you would not be able to copy it from your ps3 to a usb. You could only transfer that to the "Playstation Plus Folder" or online Cloud drive (Whichever one you want to call it) if you are a Playstation Plus member. Your save files would be save to Sony's servers

Q: Ok so lets say i become a member of Playstation Plus, what will happen to the game saves a copied to the online cloud drive if my subscription EXPIRES?
A: I have search for this answer also. According to here (not an official source, but you can google this question for more info), you would not be able to access your save data on sony's cloud servers UNLESS you re-subscribe to Playstation Plus. The Save data will be available for only "six months" and if you do not re-subscribe within that time period then all of your saves that is on Sony's serves will be deleted.

Q: Help! where are the copy-righted save files that i copied to the online storage? I am trying to copy it to a new PS3/HDD but i could not find them
A: From what i have researched, it will take 24 hours before the saves that you copied to Sony's online servers to appear. Make sure that you are using the same account that you used to copy the saves to the online server.

-will add more as they come-

... Apparently all the pictures that went along with that guide can't be copy pasted from the document I saved. Oh well...

Spoiler:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:58 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: oblivion
Platform: ps3
Other Profiles: dadsi
yodah wrote:
OK, So I found this supposedly complete guide to fixing all of a PS3's Hard Disk problems. I was hoping that some people here could look it over and verify that it would work, along with letting me know if the program it requires is any good or not.

It's quite long, so putting it under this spoiler...
Spoiler:
So I would be following the Route 3 that is specified in this guide.

FIX
======================================================================================================

Introduction

So i have recently encountered a HDD problem. My game froze and nothing would respond so i had to use the switch off button at the back of my FAT PS3. An error popped up saying "Cannot Start. Correct hard disk not found", and it would continously loop to that prompt. I tried going to the System Restore but was not able to go there initially. I have read a lot (when i say a lot i mean A LOT) of threads/websites/blogs regarding HDD problems. They mostly say the same thing "Your HDD is toast/Kaput/damaged" and that you have to "reformat/Send in for Repair" that would eventually lead to the extinction of the DATA inside your HDD. But now i am here to tell you that THERE IS A SOLUTION and a way to retrieve back YOUR SAVE DATA THAT YOU HAVE WORKED FOR!!! It worked for me, and i am positive it will work for you.

Materials needed:
1. A SATA 2.5" HDD Enclosure
2. USB cable for the enclosure
(Which should be included in the enclosure, but if its not, then you need one)
3. A PC/MAC (NOTE: I used a laptop running Windows 7)
4. A USB Drive with the Latest Update inside (NOTE: I was not running any CFW , i used the latest firmware (OFW 4.11))
5. A Copy of "HDD Regenerator 2011" software (FULL VERSION)
6. The PS3 (working) that you used to initially format your HDD

Guide on how to Fix "Cannot Start. Correct hard disk not found" error, other HDD Problems, and the PS3 Restore Loop (3 in 1 Guide ):

Before beginning this process please assess which route you are going to take:

ROUTE #1 : "I do not care about my data (game saves etc.) and i am ok if it gets deleted" then go for the Restore PS3 System (NOTE: This will format your HDD and erase everything)

ROUTE #2 : "I don't think that my HDD is that faulty, maybe a HDD restoration would fix it and salvage all of my game saves" (NOTE: HDD restoration is not the same as the "Restore PS3 System route"!)

ROUTE #3 : "I want to save my data (all that hard work and stuff)" (NOTE: This route is probably why you are reading this guide!)

ALL ROUTES START HERE:

PS3 PART:

1.) Access the PS3 Recovery Menu
How to Access Playstation Recovery Menu
• Turn off Playstation®3.
• Hold The power button down; The system will turn on and turn off once again.
• Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
• When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
• You will be promted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button
• The Recovery menu will pop up.
NOTE: Most people think that they CAN'T ACCESS the Recovery Menu on their PS3 and that the error would just go back repeatedly. Make sure to have a controller connected to your PS3, after hearing the 2nd beep press the PS Button repeatedly. It should stop blinking and 1 light should only appear on your controller. Look at the screen, and voila! you're in the Recovery Menu.

2.) In the Recovery menu, Choose Option #3 Restore File System. It will ask you to insert your USB (with the firmware update inside it).
For ROUTE #2 and ROUTE #3 only: DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES CHOOSE OPTION #5 RESTORE PS3 SYSTEM

For ROUTE #1: Instead of Option #3 choose Option #5 Restore PS3 System. The PS3 will reformat your HDD erasing EVERYTHING. Your HDD will be like new then just follow the prompt (just like when you first started using the PS3).
-THIS ENDS ROUTE #1-

For ROUTE #2 and ROUTE #3 read further:

3.) Follow the steps and you'll end up with "the hard disk's file system is corrupted and will be restored" prompt, Press "OK"

ROUTE #2: If this fixes your hardrive problems then you are done!. Just follow the prompts to get back the XMB. Make sure to BACK EVERYTHING UP!
- THIS ENDS ROUTE #2-

ROUTE #3: Now if this part repeats or loops (meaning it goes back to the error prompt and asks you to redo the prompt again), access the Recovery Menu again.

4.) In the Recovery menu, this time, choose Option #2 Restore Default Settings. (NOTE: This WILL DELETE your Inbox Messages and Playlists, nothing big so don't worry). Again the "the hard disk's file system is corrupted and will be restored" prompt will reappear again. You can press "OK" again ( i did this about 10+ times, you don't have to do it a lot of times, once or twice will do)
(NOTE: When you try to access Option #4 "Rebuild Database" in the Recovery Menu sometimes it will say "The hard disk cannot be accessed". This happened to me so i moved on and properly turned off my PS3 system and removed the power cable.)

PC/MAC PART:

Before starting this part i recommend switching "SATA OPERATIONS" from AHCI to ATA in your BIOS SETUP Menu

5.) When your PS3 system is finally turned off and the power cable is removed, Carefully take out your HDD from your PS3(NOTE: I have a 160 GB FAT model, The Slim model might have a different HDD location). If you do not know how to then please use google (not trying to be mean) or ask someone who knows how to, but a simple google search would do. (NOTE: Taking out your HDD will not Void any warranty)

6.) Carefully remove the HDD from the caddy tray (the metal casing used to insert the HDD inside the PS3). Insert the HDD into the HDD Enclosure. Screw the sides so that the HDD would not move around the enclosure.

7.) Insert the USB, that is connected to the HDD enclosure , to your PC/MAC.

6.) Run the full version of HDD Regenerator. (NOTE: I used Windows 7 and it allowed me to do the repairing without booting a CD/USB) When you get to this screen:

You can either choose Option #1 to pre-scan the HDD revealing the Bad sectors, then choosing Option #2 to repair it OR skip Option #1 altogether and Scan and Repair it using only Option #2 (NOTE: I pre-scanned it then chose Option #2, but if you want to save time choose only #2).

8.) You will get this screen:

OR

The top image is when the software finds a bad sector, the next one is if it repaired it. (NOTE: I initially was not able to repair my HDD BECAUSE i did not do any of the "PS3 Part" stated about, you must follow it before this software can repair your HDD.)
This was my result:

9.) If it is repaired, then you repaired your HDD!!! but the guide is not over yet so read carefully

10.) When the software is done scanning and repairing make sure to quit/exit the program first then Safely remove the USB (There should be a "Safely Remove Devices" button on the Windows 7 toolbar)

11.) Carefully take out your HDD from the enclosure, then carefully insert it again to the PS3 slot. Screw it, then put the side cover back on the PS3 (FAT model only i think)

12.) Power on your PS3, then it should say the "the hard disk's file system is corrupted and will be restored" prompt (you might feel discourage at this point because of the restore loop BUT DONT!).

13.)With the controller connected to the PS3 via the USB, Press "OK". Let it restore, BUT BEFORE IT FINISHES, remove the USB cable that is connecting the controller to the PS3 and keep pressing the PS Button (All of the Red lights should blink, THEN it will change to only 1 single red light)

14.) Voila! Its back up and running!!! (i saw the PS3 Dream Believe logo)

15.) It is going to prompt you for the Date/Time/Internet Connection etc. (NOTE: I forgot if it asked me for the USB DRIVE update since i was jumping for joy all over my house, but if it did then just follow the prompt)

16.) Your accounts will have an asterisks(*) beside them and you'll have to sign in (Existing User)

17.) LAST AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL, BACK EVERYTHING UP!!!
-THIS ENDS ROUTE #3-

Other Stuff that i Tried before Succeeding:

Scanned HDD with HD TUNE:

Tried to used SpinRite but would not let me

Sorry for the bad quality pic

POST-Repair Concerns/Questions:
Q: I tried to back up my save files using a USB but the XMB would not allow me to copy it to the USB drive, only to a Playstation Plus Folder
A: This is because the developers of the game chose to copyright/protect the saves, meaning you would not be able to copy it from your ps3 to a usb. You could only transfer that to the "Playstation Plus Folder" or online Cloud drive (Whichever one you want to call it) if you are a Playstation Plus member. Your save files would be save to Sony's servers

Q: Ok so lets say i become a member of Playstation Plus, what will happen to the game saves a copied to the online cloud drive if my subscription EXPIRES?
A: I have search for this answer also. According to here (not an official source, but you can google this question for more info), you would not be able to access your save data on sony's cloud servers UNLESS you re-subscribe to Playstation Plus. The Save data will be available for only "six months" and if you do not re-subscribe within that time period then all of your saves that is on Sony's serves will be deleted.

Q: Help! where are the copy-righted save files that i copied to the online storage? I am trying to copy it to a new PS3/HDD but i could not find them
A: From what i have researched, it will take 24 hours before the saves that you copied to Sony's online servers to appear. Make sure that you are using the same account that you used to copy the saves to the online server.

-will add more as they come-

... Apparently all the pictures that went along with that guide can't be copy pasted from the document I saved. Oh well...

yodah, i have been having a very similar issue to yours lately, when you say "problem = fixed" did you use route 3 of this tutorial to fix your problem, please help me, i want to know what YOU did to solve this issue

Post subject: Re: PS3 corrupt hard disk issue RESOLVED
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:44 am 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, Xbox
Other Profiles: Creator Of All (Xbox)
Hi Bazal, just letting you know that Necroposting (Posting in a thread more than 3 months old) is generally frowned upon, but as your question is certainly valid, I'm going to leave this topic as is. This is basically just a courtesy "warning" :D I suggest reading through our Forum Rules if you havn't already.

I somehow feel that if the mods were all gods.. Believe would surely be the God of Awesome and Booze

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]