UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:41 am

All times are UTC

Vote for this month's winner.
Poll ended at Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:27 pm
Kerr 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
dremorababe 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
Unionhack 50%  50%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 8
 Post subject: Competition of the Month - September Back to School Edition
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:13 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games: I, II, III, IV, V. Once I caught a fish alive.
Platform: PC & Playstation
UESPoints: 20
Welcome one and all to the Competition of the Month!

These monthly competitions are a chance for you to demonstrate your creativity and talents while getting a chance to know your fellow members and have a little fun. Each month is going to have a different theme and a different talent – and maybe a surprise or two! But only one member can wear the purple coins and fancy title of CotM Winner! Do you have what it takes?

The basic rules are as follows:
Spoiler:
» Members can contribute pieces based on the talent (writing, art, screenshots, etc.) and theme during the submission period, after which no further entries will be accepted. Then we will vote via a poll to see who gets to wear that month’s winner’s badge!

» If you are posting artwork, please post a link from an off-forum website such as Imgur; if you are posting a written piece, please put it under a hide tag when creating a new post. This is to ensure that posts are not too long and the thread appears orderly for everyone. If you are unsure how to do either of these, don’t be afraid to ask!

» Be respectful and polite about your fellow members’ work. Anyone who says anything rude about another’s work will be hearing from a member of the Mod Squad and may not be allowed to participate in the next competition. There is no such thing as “good” or “bad,” and everyone has a unique way of demonstrating their talents. Enjoy the variety!

» All members are welcome to join, including moderators. Don’t forget that we’re members, too!

»UESPOINTS!
UESPoints (UP) are a chance for all you lovely UESP users to earn reward points for your achievements and for participating around the forums. The CotM is now awarding UESPoints as a prize, in addition to the usual 1st place prize of the purple coins.
Here's how it will work: When the voting period is over, UESPoints will be awarded based on what position you came in.

1st Place - 3 UESPoints + Purple Coins
2nd Place- 2 UESPoints
3rd Place - 1 UESPoint

2nd and 3rd place have to have at least two votes to qualify for UESPoints.

This month is the start of a new semester at the Imperial City's Arcane University! And we want you to show us something found in a student's dormitory at the start of semester.

September is here and a lot of our members will be returning to school or college. The Arcane University is a center for magical study in Tamriel with a long history, even surviving the dissolution of the Mages Guild in the 4th Era. And with the start of a new semester the university is seeing a rush of faces, both old and new. Lots of students are entering their dormitories and for this competition we want you to show us something found in the dorm of a student at the Arcane University.

It could be:
- A university crest.
- A timetable for classes.
- A diary entry for a student's first day on campus.
- Lecture notes.
- A recruitment flyer for a student society.
- A receipt for school supplies.
- Lyrics to a student drinking song.

It could even be something I didn't mention. The possibilities are numerous! Just keep it within the theme of something you'd find in a student's dorm at the start of a new semester.

If you're submitting an image for the competition and need a website to host images try Imgur. Likewise if you need a place to edit images online, try LunaPic. But do keep in mind, LunaPic won't save your images, so in order to keep your edits you'll need to download the image and then upload it somewhere else like the aforementioned Imgur.

Our schedule for September is as follows:
September 1 - 27: Competition begins! Start planning and send in those submissions!
September 28-29: Voting period – vote for your favourites!
September 30: Our winner is announced!

Please note that all times are determined by me, Kerr, and therefore will run according to Irish Standard Time (UTC +1) (Click here if you’re unsure when, exactly, that is!)

Remember that the CotM is not possible without you, so please participate, contribute, discuss, and vote!

Participants
Kerr
dremorababe
Unionhack

Post subject: Re: Competition of the Month - September Back to School Edit
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:19 am 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
UESPoints: 14
We've got just over a week to submit, what are you waiting for? Don't ya want those snazzy purple coins? :dur:

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:00 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

There! I'm taking those Pink and Purple coins back if none of y'all submit anything.
Hidden:
Crypts and Cliffracers Club wrote:
Crypts and Cliffracers - We Need Fresh Blood
Are you brave enough to face Magma Mansion?

Good day fair adventurers it is I, Sleeps-Til-Noon, your would be Cryptkeeper. I wish to assemble a group of Tamriel's Bravest Heroes to enter Magma Mansion, The Lair of Doominator the Golden Skulled Demilich.

If you are interested in joining our storytelling game of imagination, we meet every Middas evening at 8 sharp on the second story of the western dormitory. Refreshments provided. First timers welcome.

Sleeps-Til-Noon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:17 am 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

Our submission period has been extended to September 27th with voting taking place on the 28th and 29th which means there's still time to get an entry in.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:29 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY edition, Oblivion (and KOTN), Skyrim + SE, ESO Gold Edition
Platform: PC (for Morrowind only) PS3, PS4
Other Profiles: PSN: dremorababe (new)
UESPoints: 3
Aaah here it goes. It's a journal entry describing the encounters of an angsty Dunmer student of the Arcane University in the 4th Era.
Hidden:
First day at the Arcane University, and I'm already making enemies, as is always the case with me. But these uncultured s'wits know nothing about the true arcane arts. Imperials, I tell you. We were all asked to name the greatest wizard in history. Some said Shalidor, others Vanus Galerion. Adventus, a foolish Imperial, picked Zurin Arctus. If Arctus was even close to being the greatest magus, surely he would've successfully reclaimed his heart from the Mantella without, say--destroying himself and the Numidium and turning into a damnable lich.

But that's not what's bothering me here. The problem arose when I mentioned my personal candidate. Sure he was rather controversial, notorious even. But there's no question that Sotha Sil was the greatest wizard there ever was. It's safe to say I turned a lot of heads with that statement, gasps and brows furrowing in every corner. A girl named Aranya argued that it was unfair to include him in the mix, with him being a God. I had to remind the Altmer airhead that his magical capabilities are precisely what made him a God, to which she responded with a sheepish nod. She was then joined by her group of equally dim-witted Breton friends but they had nothing to say, at least until I walked away. Spineless as a netch.

A few hours later during lunchtime, I was jumped by two Dunmer siblings, who cursed me for my opinion which they perceived as heresy. Azura be damned, I care little about the religious struggles of my people, I tell them. We're all aware of how fickle us Dunmer can be, one minute we're worshipping the Daedra, then the Tribunal, and then the Daedra again. What I care about is becoming the greatest mage ever, and so, I follow in the footsteps of the Magus of the Three. That is what I said to them but for some reason, they accused me of being a Tribunal worshipper. Which I found rather hilarious. I denied the claims, as I finished off by getting the word across that I am but an admirer of the works of the Clockwork God.

Speaking of Clockwork, all this talk about Sotha Sil made me sit and reflect for a bit. For a start, I will never cease to be amazed by the concept and the mysteries of the Clockwork City. He truly was a wise Mer and I will not stand by all these lies I hear about him, what with the events at Red Mountain regarding the Tribunal and Nerevar. What do we know about the events of Red Mountain anyway? None of us were present there. No matter, back to Sotha Sil's magical capabilities. For one to learn how to counteract the destructive properties of the Tools Of Kagrenac to tap into the Heart Of Lorkhan. It truly was a defining moment. He never gets the credit he deserves for such a remarkable act, an act that changed the future of the Dunmer race for good. But of course, as I had previously mentioned, I seldom care for what goes on in Morrowind, and all the good that the Tribunal had done for our land. But that's all for now, I still have plenty of classes left. I'd rather not have mutilated, magicka infused mudcrab limbs all over my journal. A good day to you, precious Raldyn. Praise the Three, wherever they may be.

- Raldyn Svinis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:37 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360/one
Where's Dovah's student doodles of Sheogorath?
Or a flyer for a Sheogorath club?
Or a Sheogorath cheese and wine night?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:52 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: I, II, III (all wip), Oblivion, Skyrim
UESPoints: 9
dremorababe wrote:
Sotha Sil... Clockwork City
How am I not surprised? ^-^

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:10 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY edition, Oblivion (and KOTN), Skyrim + SE, ESO Gold Edition
HAHAHAHAHA @Cass you follow me on Instagram so you've seen it all.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:23 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: All of 'Em
Platform: PS4, PC
Other Profiles: PSN: Unionhack, Steam: Unionhack
UESPoints: 13
*clears throat*

The following pamphlet contains egregious shouting and excessive use of capital letters both common and daedric. Those with weak constitutions or other medical conditions contributing vulnerability to high levels of concentrated pep and intensity are advised to leave the room. YOODT EKEM SEHT PAYEM Fraternity of Cyrodiil LLC is not responsible for any loss of consciousness, hair, sight, or life caused by exposure to aforementioned pep and intensity.

Hidden:
HEY THERE, ARC-UNI NEWBIES! ARE YOU TIRED OF BEING A LOSER-OUTCAST WITH NO FRIENDS? ARE YOU IN POSSESSION OF DISPOSABLE INCOME? DO YOUR INTERESTS INCLUDE PROCRASTINATING ON MAGIC-RELATED STUDIES AND USING THAT TIME TO DOWN SOME HONNINGBREW AND SMOKE UP SOME OF THAT GOOD GOOD DRAGON'S TONGUE ON THE WEEKENDS?

IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A GROUP OF PEOPLE JUST LIKE YOU, THEN HEAD ON OVER TO THE FRAT-SHACK IN THE WATERFRONT DISTRICT AND COME JOIN...

SINCE THE SECOND AGE, OUR ORGANIZATION HAS BEEN DEDICATED TO THE HIGH AND LOFTY IDEALS OF THROWING TOTAL BANGERS THAT WOULD MAKE SKOOMA BREWERS IN ELSEWYR TOTALLY LOSE THEIR FRICKIN' MINDS

WE PAY RESPECT TO OUR FOUNDER, DAEVEN "DAVE" GREENGRASS, FOR IMMORTALIZING THE VALUES OF NOT CONTRIBUTING TO THE HIGHER LEARNING AND BROTHERHOOD OF MAGICAL STUDENTS, BUT INSTEAD TEARING THE ROOF OFF THE MOTHER AND HAVING A RAD TIME

SURE HE ATE PEOPLE BUT WHO CARES, THAT WAS LIKE 200 YEARS AGO BRO GET OVER IT

IF YOU'RE SWOLE ENOUGH TO COME CHECK OUT OUR RUSH EVENTS THEN CHECK OUT THIS LIST, IT'S SO TOTALLY WIZARD (WE'RE BRINGING IT BACK!!!!)

1. 19 SUN'S HEIGHT: TOTAL RAGER AT THE WATERFRONT! OUR DADS KNOW HIERONYMOUS LEX SO HE'S GONNA LET US DO WHATEVER THE HELL WE WANT!
  2. 22 SUN'S HEIGHT: ABSOLUTE BLOWOUT OUTSIDE THE WHITE-GOLD TOWER! WHATEVER PLEDGE CAN DRINK THE MOST SUJAMMA AND CLIMB THE HIGHEST UP THE TOWER WITHOUT PUKING GETS HIS CHAPTER DUES HALF OFF!
  3. 27 SUN'S HEIGHT WHENEVER BECAUSE THE PARTY NEVER STOPS: PARTY ALL THE DAMN TIME BRO, WE'VE GOT PLENTY OF TIME BEFORE THAT NEXT EXAM

IF WE DON'T SEE YOU THERE, THEN YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR BACK BECAUSE'S WE'D TOTALLY PANTS YOU IN THE MIDDLE OF CAMPUS IF WE ALL DIDN'T WEAR ROBES, OR IF WE ACTUALLY SHOWED UP TO CLASSES IN THE FIRST PLACE!

YOODT EKEM SEHT PAYEM: HIGHER PARTYING, FOR HIGHER MINDS

any symbolism or relation to the works, goals, domain, and desires of the daedric lord sanguine are purely coincidental. yoodt ekem seht payem fraternity of cyrodiil llc claims exemption from imperial edict 476e subsection 25-j which outlaws the worship of daedric princes and their underlings. for more information or legal claims please contact sam guevenne

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:27 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

The poll is up and you can now vote for your favorite entry! I'd like to thank both dremorababe and Unionhack for their wonderful contributions.

The poll will run for two days with voting closing on the 30th of September shortly after midnight in Ireland, so get your votes in before it's too late.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:17 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I voted, but I like all of them!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:58 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

Well the votes are in and the winner is Unionhack! With dremorababe and myself as joint runners up.

Congratulations Unionhack, I'll try to hide the small amount of regret I feel by extending the submission deadline and thus throwing away a sure thing. And thanks to dremorababe for entering, your submission was wonderful too. A more senior mod will set you up with your coins and UESPoints.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:08 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Woot! Congrats Union!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:17 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: All of 'Em
Platform: PS4, PC
Other Profiles: PSN: Unionhack, Steam: Unionhack
UESPoints: 13
Nuh uh <3

I liked the ones you guys did too. This was a very interesting category and I'm glad I finally sprung to making one/reading yours.

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:41 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: I, II, III (all wip), Oblivion, Skyrim
UESPoints: 9
They were all really good! It was hard choosing a favourite.

Good job, everyone!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:48 am 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

*When DB loses but you were really expecting tha win*

Meh, at least she'll still some points out of it (Unlike some people :wat: )

But seriously yall, good ones all around. Especially you Union. What with your large cap size post :lol: Good stuff right there

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:50 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the heads up @Beta. I wouldn't have entered if it weren't for you :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:00 am 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

Oh stop it you, your gonna make me blush(under all these layers of smugness)

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:57 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Good show, Union! Your entry was a laugh indeed.

Thumbs up for DB and Kerr too!

It would be fun if you found things like these in the game!