UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:42 am

All times are UTC

Who is this month's winner?
Poll ended at Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:35 pm
Dark Spark -- Mad Knocker 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
VirtualWeasel -- The Firebreather 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
LugkAgumbuk -- Sworn Oath 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Deandra -- Kynesgrove Kiss 44%  44%  [ 4 ]
MARS -- Tamrielic Communism 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
Haystavk -- Zainab's Bliss 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 9
 Post subject: Competition of the Month - July Drinking Edition!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:36 am 
Global Wiki Admin
Global Wiki Admin

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO All DLC
Platform: PC
Other Profiles: AKB (Doppelgänger)
UESPoints: 4985
Welcome one and all to the Competition of the Month!

These monthly competitions are a chance for you to demonstrate your creativity and talents while getting a chance to know your fellow members and have a little fun. Each month is going to have a different theme and a different talent – and maybe a surprise or two! But only one member can wear the purple coins and fancy title of CotM Winner! Do you have what it takes?

The basic rules are as follows:
Spoiler:
» Members can contribute pieces based on the talent (writing, art, screenshots, etc.) and theme during the submission period, after which no further entries will be accepted. Then we will vote via a poll to see who gets to wear that month’s winner’s badge!

» If you are posting artwork, please post a link from an off-forum website such as Photobucket; if you are posting a written piece, please hide it under a spoiler when creating a new post. This is to ensure that posts are not too long and the thread appears orderly for everyone. If you are unsure how to do either of these, don’t be afraid to ask!

» Be respectful and polite about your fellow members’ work. Anyone who says anything rude about another’s work will be hearing from a member of the Mod Squad and may not be allowed to participate in the next competition. There is no such thing as “good” or “bad,” and everyone has a unique way of demonstrating his or her talents. Enjoy the variety!

» All members are welcome to join, including moderators. Don’t forget that we’re members, too!

»UESPOINTS!
UESPoints (UP) are a chance for all you lovely UESP users to earn reward points for your achievements and for participating around the forums. The CotM is now awarding UESPoints as a prize, in addition to the usual 1st place prize of the purple coins.
Here's how it will work: When the voting period is over, UESPoints will be awarded based on what position you came in.

1st Place - 3 UESPoints + Purple Coins + Elder Scrolls Online (or choice of modern series game, for PC)
2nd Place- 2 UESPoints
3rd Place - 1 UESPoint

2nd and 3rd place have to have at least two votes to qualify for UESPoints.

Ever feel like you're not challenging your liver enough? If so, then you may benefit from a little alcoholic workout!

For the July competition, your task it to create a TES themed cocktail or drink!
Anything that you would drink to just get RIGGITY RIGGITY WRECKED SON! is an allowable entry.
You can choose to include in your answer any combination of alchemical ingredients you may realistically try to drink. You can also include in your entry serving instructions, recommended garnishes, backstory for the drink, recommended occasions, or even real world equivalents if you are feeling especially creative. Whatever you feel is necessary to get the idea of your drink across, is allowable.

Please note the legal drinking age of your country if you try to mix something similar in the real world, or the real life consequences of drinking whatever it is you create.

Our schedule for the July event is as follows:
June 26-July 24: Competition begins! Start planning and send in those submissions!
July 25-30: Voting period – vote for your favorites!
July 31: Our winner is announced!
Please note that all times are determined by me, AKB, and therefore will run according to Greenwich Mean Time (whatever time I say it is. actually). (Click here if you’re unsure when, exactly, that is!)

Remember that the CotM is not possible without you, so please participate, contribute, discuss, and vote!

Thought for the day:

Success teaches us nothing; only failure teaches.

Post subject: Re: Competition of the Month - July Drinking Edition!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:56 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

UESPoints: 6
Is this the peer pressure they were warning me about?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:52 am 
Undecided
Undecided

ES Games: Oblivion (SI); Skyrim (DB)
Platform: Steam, XBox
Other Profiles: DarkSpark135
UESPoints: 5
Rook wrote:
Is this the peer pressure they were warning me about?

Yep. Or hard-earned experience on my part.

My entry: Mad Knocker, a gin and vermouth martini at 7:1.
The juniper-flavored gin represents the Forsworn, the vermouth my wine-soaked Imperial assassin, and the ratio is what said Imperial would face when going against the inmates of Cidhna Mine.

Served chilled in a silver-rimmed glass.

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

Last edited by Dark Spark on Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:47 am 
Master
Master

ES Games: I-V + DLC
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
UESPoints: 4
Please note that I've never tried the real-world equivalent myself, if you do try it, good luck.

Hidden:
The Firebreather
(this is going off the assumption that Ancient Dagoth Brandy has a rich, spicy, and complex smoky flavor, aged in oak casks for thousands of years)

For the discerning Tamrielic (or adventurous Akaviri) cocktail aficionado, the Firebreather combines Ancient Dagoth Brandy, Trama Root, and Flame Stalks with a refreshing dash of Juniper Berry and Bergamot. The cocktail requires a bit of preparation, but is sure to delight guests at any event.

The Recipe
Start by taking one portion of Trama Root, and two Fire Stalks, and soak them in Sujamma. Because of Sujamma's neutral flavor, the liquor will act as a solvent for the pungent tastes of the Fire Stalks and Trama. Let these ingredients macerate for several hours, or longer depending on one's flavor preference.

Once the maceration is complete, take the Sujamma-herb infusion and add it to a glass of Ancient Dagoth Brandy, at a ratio of 2 parts brandy to 1 parts infusion.
Mix, and add a splash of bergamot oil and a few juniper berries.
note: do not eat the juniper berries. what are you, stupid or something? I said no. STOP IT.

The Result
The Dagoth Brandy on its own lends a smoky, mellow spice flavor, but with the added Trama and Fire Stalk, the drink becomes especially... heated. Fire Stalk is sought after for its spice, and the bitterness of Trama Root builds the spicy flavor to have even more of a fiery bite. They don't call it the Firebreather for nothing. This drink will sting your tongue like a scorpion.

The resulting drink, with all ingredients together, is a spicy, exotic drink that brings images of the ash-wastes of Vvardenfell. Smoky and rich, fiery and powerful, the bergamot and juniper berries balance the drink with a softer, more delicate woodsy side, adding to the drink's natural "alpine-forest-during-a-wildfire" palate. Truly the cocktail of champions.

————

Real World Equivalent

Right, so you can do this one of three ways: make it with brandy, make it with bourbon, or make it with Fireball whiskey if you want that authentic, fiery bite (Fireball is vile, putrid swill though, so pick your poison carefully). Whichever you choose, follow the instructions above, replacing the following with their real-world equivalents:

Trama & Fire Stalks = Bitters, preferably Seven Stills or Angostura. Just add them straight to the brandy/bourbon/whiskey, no need for the extra steps with maceration.

Juniper Berries = If you don't have a juniper tree nearby (juniper berries are poisonous, please god do not eat them), a small touch of gin will do the trick.

Bergamot Oil = Actual bergamot oil. Not sure where you can find this stuff, but I know it exists. Perfectly safe, and found in Earl Grey tea.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:37 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Redguard
Platform: Xbox, PC, PS
UESPoints: 1
Adapting a recipe from the Daedra Worship Zetaboards, I give you my variation of "Sworn Oath". The original variation was created by member DunmerDanger. I have never made the real-world equivalent

Hidden:
Background:
The Sworn Oath was originally an idea for a religious worship ritual to Malacath, representing this sphere, as it also shows how rough the Orcish life seemed to outsiders.

Recipe (my variation): Katixa's Cider (Pimm's Apple Cider), Nord Mead (Beer), Sheep P*** (Lemon juice).
Recipe (original): Apple sours (instead of cider) , lemonade, beer, shot of lemon juice.

Method:
I) Fill 1/4 of the glass with medium quality beer.
II) Then, fill the next 2/4 (1/2) with Pimm's Apple Cider.
III) Fill the last 1/4 with a three way split of beer, cider, and to finish it off, lemon juice
IV) Mix well.
V) Enjoy!

Interested in
Daedra Worship? Check out my blog!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:43 am 
Global Wiki Admin
Global Wiki Admin

The prize for this month has been updated! The winner now shall also receive a copy of ESO, or their choice of anyone of the modern games for the PC!

Thought for the day:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:01 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Redguard
Platform: Xbox, PC, PS
UESPoints: 1
AKB wrote:
The prize for this month has been updated! The winner now shall also receive a copy of ESO, or their choice of anyone of the modern games for the PC!

Darn, that is fancy. Now I wish I could post another drink ;-) ah well. may the best man/mer win!

Interested in
Daedra Worship? Check out my blog!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:44 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
My creation is the delectable
Kynesgrove Kiss

You can create this drink in both the game Skyrim and in the real world:
Spoiler:
The Kynesgrove Kiss is a drink that caresses your senses like a sweet spring breeze over the hills of Eastmarch. Made by generations of innkeepers in at the Braidwood Inn, it blends local ingredients into a deliciously floral invigorating drink. Sweet but not heavy, its taste is as beautiful as its amber color. For your enjoyment, I have created both a Skyrim mod that allows players to create the drink in-game, and a real-world recipe so you can create this drink in the kitchen. It's actually really tasty, so I recommend giving it a shot!

-----------------------------------------------------

Click here to download the Skyrim mod from the Nexus.

The in-game recipe is:
Jazbay grapes
Honey
Snowberries
Lavender

Pierce the skins of the jazbay grapes and snowberries with a small sharp knife, which allows the juice to seep out. Refrain from chopping the berries, as this will cause too much bitter flavor to ruin the drink. Stir in the honey. Make an infusion of lavender in fresh spring water, then add this infusion to the mix. Keep in a clay crock for one week, then strain out the pulp through two layers of cheesecloth. Age in an oak cask for at least one year.

-----------------------------------------------------

I also created a real-world version of this drink, substituting red currant jelly for the snowberries and sweet Riesling wine for the jazbay grapes, since Riesling grapes also grow well in cooler climates.

Ingredients
1 tablespoon red currant jelly
1 tablespoon honey
fresh blossoms from one stalk of French lavender, or 1 teaspoon dried lavender
2 tablespoons water
1/2 cup sweet Riesling wine, chilled

Directions
In a small non-stick pot, bring the jelly, honey, lavender and water to a simmer and then turn off the heat. Allow the mixture to fully cool into a thick syrup for at least one hour. Stir in the Riesling wine, making sure the syrup is completely dissolved in the wine. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve and serve.

The given amounts are enough for 1 serving.

Please excuse the low quality cell phone photos!

Image Image Image

My Skyrim mods:
Saturalia * Babette's Feast * Additional Amulets * Noble Female Clothes

My Oblivion mods:
Full listing is here

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:11 pm 
Goatmom/Moderator
Goatmom/Moderator

UESPoints: 88
From the heart of the Empire, I unearth the recipe to a beloved cocktail of the elevated nobility, to the masses, so that we may topple the oligarchy and live in glorious Tamrielic Communism. At least when drinking is concerned.

Ingredients!

Hidden:
  • Water infused with Raminus' Throat-Fire (carbonation)
  • Daggerfall Dry Gin, preferably vapor-infused and distilled with Nordic juniper berries.
  • Magicka-processed sweet Wickwheat (asperule/waldmeister) syrup.
  • Summerset Peach juice
  • Nordic Mountain Berry juice (Cranberry)
  • Ice-Wraith teeth

Preparation.

Hidden:
  1. Pour your processed, sweet syrup into the bottom of a large glass. The amount is up to your preference. Mix and match!
  2. Crush your Ice-Wraith teeth and fill up three thirds of the glass. Be careful not to breathe in the mist until your Daggerfall Gin has dispelled the harmful properties!
  3. Cover your syrup with one layer of Daggerfall Dry. Not too much, just to separate the mixer layers for serving.
  4. Pick a juice and add 3 cl.
  5. Repeat step 3.
  6. Add your other juice.
  7. Mix a small amount of Daggerfall Dry and Wickwheat syrup and add a few dashes. If done right you'll get a little green aurora borealis in your glass.
  8. Serve the colorful glass alongside an extra 4 cl of Daggerfall Dry and Raminus' Throat Fire. Add after the juice and syrup layers have been mixed together!

I threw this together from an old recipe I was working on while I was bartending. I never got it just right, but it tastes great, so maybe you can give it the finishing edge. If you can find asperule syrup outside of Germany, that is.

On company time

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:17 am 
Global Wiki Admin
Global Wiki Admin

Competition is still going on! Feel free to take part!

Thought for the day:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:10 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Redguard, Morrowind (and dlc), Oblivion (and dlc), Skyrim (and dlc), ESO
Other Profiles: Eso: @EgonHaystavk, Steam: Egon Haystavk
UESPoints: 0
"Zainab's Bliss"

Spoiler:
Recipe:
Fill 1/4 of the glass with Flin, and 3/4 with Sujamma. Add a tablespoon of Ancient Dagoth Brandy (Mazte or Vintage Brandy can be used as a substitute). Top it with a small amount of chopped Trama Root, Canis Root, and Scathecraw. (The sujamma and brandy were not in the original one Sonummu Zabamat made, but added later by Galos)

Effects:
Drain strength, agility, speed; Fortify willpower, endurance

Origin:
16th of Sun's Dusk, 3E 419. Galos Andrethi, of House Telvanni, set out from Tel Vos and headed to the camp of the Zainab Ashlander tribe, hoping to negotiate a trading arrangement. Knowing of the dangers unique to the Grazelands, such as the Golden Saints and Winged Twilights that make the region their home, the trader had armed himself with an ebony longsword, and felt he was prepared for anything. He was not prepared, however, for a derranged guar. Hours went by as he traversed the landscape, not once needing to fight off a Daedra. It was not until midnight, with both Masser and Secunda obscured by clouds, that the Guar made its move. By the light of his torch, Galos could only see three meters ahead, and he was no longer as alert as he was when he embarked. The beast stalked the Telvanni quietly, silently, in fact, as it had been punished by its former owner, who, in his cruelty, equipped the beast with a harness enchanted to constantly silence any noise the guar made. Slowly, and with carefully planned movements, the guar inched closer to Galos, and finally, struck. Blackness. To clattering windchimes and a pounding migraine, Galos awoke. Tending to him was Sonummu Zabamat, Wise Woman of the Zainab. She handed him a cup filled with a dark liquid, with flakes of trama, canis, and scathecraw floating at the top, and said simply "Drink this". He sniffed the beverage, and it smelled like something one would expect the three to drink to celebrate Sotha Sil's birthday. As he sipped the delicacy, he felt a sense of calm wash over him. His muscles relaxed, and his headache dissipated. Galos looked up to his caretaker, and, in awe at her creation, said "Thank you". In the morning, Galos departed, but first asked Sonummu for the recipe, promising to bring them potions of cure disease later. She accepted his offer, and Galos returned to Tel Vos, proud to have secured a trade deal.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:15 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
I love the origin of your drink, Haystavk!

My Skyrim mods:
Saturalia * Babette's Feast * Additional Amulets * Noble Female Clothes

My Oblivion mods:
Full listing is here

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:37 pm 
Global Wiki Admin
Global Wiki Admin

Voting started late as I went traveling. MARS's drink was not named, so I just took it from his post.

Please vote now! (please vote responsibly, as in, after at least trying all the drinks)

Thought for the day:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:59 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360/one
UESPoints: 14
Did you forget Haystavk?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:06 pm 
Global Wiki Admin
Global Wiki Admin

Probably, I'm on vacation sweetie :)

Edit: Restarted poll, sorry everyone!

Thought for the day:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:17 pm 
Goatmom/Moderator
Goatmom/Moderator

UESPoints: 88
I like the name you gave my drink. I'm keeping it.

On company time

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:57 pm 
Global Wiki Admin
Global Wiki Admin

And the winner is Deandra, with the Kynesgrove Kiss!

Thought for the day: