UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:03 am

All times are UTC

Vote for a winner!
Poll ended at Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:24 am
Aarah 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
all_freed 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
The SheoDovah 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 5
 Post subject: Competition of the Month - November Birthday Surprise!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:52 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, PC, STD
Other Profiles: Gamertag: MightyGo0dLeadr
UESPoints: 15
What what? It's time for another Contest of the month! Getting started a little late, but entries this month shouldn't take you too long...or maybe they will. Who knows!

Welcome one and all to the Competition of the Month

These monthly competitions are a chance for you to demonstrate your creativity and talents while getting a chance to know your fellow members and have a little fun. Each month is going to have a different theme and a different talent – and maybe a surprise or two! But only one member can wear the purple coins and fancy title of CotM Winner! Remember that the winner and second place participant(s) will receive UESPoints. Do you have what it takes?

The basic rules are as follows:
Spoiler:
» Members can contribute pieces based on the talent (writing, art, screenshots, etc.) and theme during the submission period, after which no further entries will be accepted. Then we will vote via a poll to see who gets to wear that month’s winner’s badge!

» If you are posting artwork, please post a link from an off-forum website such as Photobucket; if you are posting a written piece, please hide it under a spoiler when creating a new post. This is to ensure that posts are not too long and the thread appears orderly for everyone. If you are unsure how to do either of these, don’t be afraid to ask!

» Be respectful and polite about your fellow members’ work. Anyone who says anything rude about another’s work will be hearing from a member of the Mod Squad and may not be allowed to participate in the next competition. There is no such thing as “good” or “bad,” and everyone has a unique way of demonstrating his or her talents. Enjoy the variety!

» All members are welcome to join, including moderators. Don’t forget that we’re members, too!

BIRTHDAY SUPRISE!
Since it was several people's birthday this month (most importantly me :P ) we decided to have a competition to really rack you guys's brains.

Here's the deal: Plan a birthday surprise for a character in an ES game! You choose someone to surprise, explain what you would do to surprise them, and describe the reaction you get from them.

Only one surprise per entry is allowed, otherwise it shall be removed. If you'd like to share more than one surprise, please save them for the end of the competition and place them here in this thread for everyone to enjoy. :)

Our schedule for the November event is as follows:
November 14 - 27: Competition begins! Start planning and send in those submissions!
November 28-30: Voting period – vote for your favorites!
December 1: Our winner is announced!
Please note that all times are determined by me, Musicman, and therefore will run according to CST -Central Standard Time. (Click here if you’re unsure when, exactly, that is!)

Remember that the CotM is not possible without you, so please participate, contribute, discuss, and vote!

As an aside, if anyone would like to join the street team to help plan and set up the CotM, please send me a PM Until then, have fun and good luck!

(This fun event is hosted by yours truly. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them within this thread or by sending me a PM by selecting the appropriate button below my signature. Have some suggestions on what you'd like to see? Head over to the ideas thread and join in on the discussion!)

Post subject: Re: Competition of the Month - November Birthday Surprise!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:22 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
Can the Daedric princes be involved or is this a mortal only affair? if it's the latter, you mortals are racist.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:32 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

Any character in an ES game is allowed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:44 am 

I call dibs on Sheogorath! Who is me so i guess i am now dibbing myself! :D, >.< :S.S :8 :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:28 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360/one
UESPoints: 14
Veezara's Journal:
Hidden:
Today was Cicero's birthday. The other members of the Dark Brotherhood and I had planned a birthday surprise for him.

We decided that Gabriella would be the one to perform our little plan.
Although it seemed rather disrespectful, we took our sacred Night Mother out of her casket and placed her carefully under Arnbjorn's bed.
Then we all waited for Cicero to return to the Sanctuary.

When we heard him coming through the entrance, Gabriella quickly got into the Night Mother's casket and we all hid nearby.
Cicero sauntered into the room, chatting to himself as usual.
Gabriella began whispering from inside the coffin, "Hear me, Cicero, it is I, your Night Mother."
Cicero jumped and gaped at the coffin, "Mother? Is that my sweet Mother?" He said.
I giggled from my hiding spot at this point.
He approached the casket and Gabriella spoke again, "Yes, Cicero. You are my Listener. The chosen one."
Cicero began hopping about on the spot and shrieking with glee. I heard Babette snigger from over in the shadows in the corner of the room.
"Oh ho ho! Yes! I knew it! I knew that you would pick me!!! I am your most devoted servant, Mother! Oh, yes!" He shouted.
In his excitement, he skipped over to the casket and swung open the door. His wide grin turned into a confused expression.
"What? This....this was a joke?" He stammered.
Garbriella burst out laughing and we all popped out from our hiding places, laughing and shouting 'Surprise!'. Arnbjorn was holding a large cake with candles lit on the top.
"Surprise. Happy birthday, Cicero!" Arnbjorn said.
Cicero looked around at everyone in shock. "A birthday surprise. For me? But.. where is our precious Night Mother?"
I told him, "Don't worry. She is safe in one of the sleeping chambers."
Arnbjorn approached with the cake and Cicero looked at Gabriella, who was still beside the casket. "You pretended to be Mother. You went in her casket."
He then took out his dagger and plunged it into Gabriella's chest. We all shouted out in protest and ran towards Cicero to restrain him. We got the dagger off him but Gabriella was badly wounded. She only lasted a few minutes and then she was gone. Such a waste. I can't believe our innocent birthday surprise took such a nasty turn, but...we were foolish to joke in such a way with Cicero. We all know what he's like. Needless to say, we will never surprise Cicero again.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:00 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Platform: PC, PS3
UESPoints: 2
Spoiler:
Note from Penitus Oculatus clerk: The original copy of this letter wasn't marked with a date therefore I've been instructed by Administrator M to insert an addendum.

29th of Frostfall, Turdas, 4E 198

Inspector a_f,

The Emperor calls upon you once more. The Penitus Oculatus commends your success in unconvering the identity of the Gourmet, Balagog gro-Nolob. Now you're assigned to convince Balagog to travel to Skyrim with any means that don't compromise your presence or intentions to any Thalmor informants. You must stay your blade for this assignment, as deaths tend to draw the attention of the Thalmor. Above all, the Gourmet's identity must remain a secret.

Of equal importance, you are to ensure that Balagog receives the package that accompanies this letter. We will expect your report soon.

May the shadows guide your step.

Intendant S
---

30th of Frostfall, Fredas, 4E 198

Intendant,

Balagog gro-Nolob's 35th birthday grows near and so I will use this as an opportunity to deliver the package and see him on his way to Skyrim. I shall gain the cooperation of his close friend, Anton Virane, who will arrange and host the birthday party.
To make this facade convincing I shall have Virane invite the following guests:

The Nolob Stronghold Chieftan, Goramas, is Balagog's eldest brother. Their relationship was tenuous and they haven't seen each other for over a decade.

Oramash gro-Nolob, weaponsmith of the Imperial Legion and Balagog's youngest brother.

Virane's family. Balagog's benefactors, they treat him as family.

My eyes remain vigilant.

Inspector a_f
---

Summary of Assignment
Time of report: 3rd of Sun's Dusk, Tirdas, 4E 198
Target: Balagog gro-Nolob (status: under watch in Skyrim)
Inspector: all_freed

Note from Penitus Oculatus clerk: What follows is a summary of events before, during, and after Balagog's birthday. A full transcript of the entire evening was withheld by Administrator M as the majority of the conversations were deemed redundant.

30th of Frostfall, Fredas
Anton Virane is captured, interrogated. Virane complies with my demands and his silence is assured.

1st of Sun's Dusk, Sundas
Virane works efficiently, knowing that I'm not far, invitations have been sent and preparations are underway. A few Breton and Orsimer dishes will be served but also a few Nordic foods to pique Balagog's interest. The Orsimer "cuisine" contains subliminal and blatant hints that would instill the notion that Orcs will always be unrefined. As requested, a list of food served at the party:

Sunlight Souffle, Potage le Magnifique, Crispy Chatelet, Fantastic Fondue
Bayper Dumplings, Cabbage Potato Soup, Sweetroll Samples, Honey Apple Cream Wedges
And Orsimer "dishes" that I have no name for, I have depicted them below:

3rd of Sun's Dusk, Tirdas

The guests have arrived for the dinner. Balagog is elated as he greets each guest but his mood turns from surprise to shock, then it plummets into dour when he sees Goramas, his eldest brother.

All are now seated at the table, politely nodding and smiling at each other as they pass the food around. But all attention is really on Goramas who is creating all sorts of commotion that would make most Orcs blush.

The time had come to present their gifts. Balagog graciously accepts a cutlery set from Oramash, forged from the finest Orichalcum. Virane's parents present fine clothes worthy of the highest nobility in the Court of Daggerfall. Anton, of course, hands over the intenteded package. Before it can be opened, Goramas brings in a female Orc bound in chains. Balagog barely contained his rage and demanded to know why his brother would stoop so low as to enslave even his own kind. Oramash is callous, he claimed that her tribe had fallen out of favour with Malacath.

Whatever feud they had was rekindled and the room delved into an uneasy silence. This is when Balagog suddenly stormed off and I followed.

After a few minutes of him venting his frustration he opened the package to reveal Annaig Hoinart's cookbook. I can only describe his reaction as a maelstrom of emotions, whatever he read upon opening the book spurred him into leaving Daggerfall.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:44 pm 

Apple flavour ice cream textured crumbs on a stick! I forgot about this! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hidden:
A madman's birthday

You ask what does a madgod do for his birthday and why a Daedric prince has a birthday. Well, boys and girls and tortured souls of the Madgod's enemies or those that insulted his fine sense of fashion, I, Sir Stanley Fruitus Grapius Mewdor am here to tell you.

The Madgod is ageless so it is a rather pain in the ass for the candle makers to get the excat number right and they do have a nasty habit of bursting into flames once they past the octodecillion point. The city of the madgod is prone to being on fire on Sheogorath's Day but the cakes from the sky often put them out. Like marshmellows on a cat. The Realm is filled with joyious music and music that is indeed joyous. Oh and the odd wailing of the damned but we just ignore them. The sky drops cakes and clowns fill the streets of the Isles so that we can eat them in the honour of our beloved Madman. We celebrate his Sheogorathness with cheese, wine, winefulcheese, cheesy wine and disembowelments of mortals who refuse our wines and cheese. It is usually a feast to die for or to die and feast for.

Then we do the madgod's song in unison and watch as he applaud our efforts. As for the surprise? sometimes, we rebell against our crazy master. One year, we invaded his throne room with kitten pies and threw them at him. His lordiness was pleased and strangled us to death with our own beards. Of course, back then, beards were viewed as honourable things. Before the dark days of Lord Beard the 9th and his terrible army of staches that tried to defile the realm with their hairness and it was thanks to the benove... benove, kind lord Sheogorath that beards were banished from the realm and lady stache was sentenced to the room where the argonians scream at you for 90 years before moving onto the burning room of burning and having the hands of the gatekeepers tear them apart for the rest of time.

Now, back to the madgod's birthday. Well, this year, we intend to build a statue of him made out of cheese, kittens, sweetroll, guts, cabbage, you, coins and calipers. We will give it to him then throw a massive party in his honour. It is there, we will attack him with old granny clowns and watch as he skips rope with our hearts. Or give us new hearts and make us really happy. Or send us to the room where hearts and guts strangle you for a billion years. We have invited all of his citizens and we will show him how we love his lordiness!

Afterwards, we spend the rest of the year making back our cheese supplies and having mass orginal art of him being made. If he hasn't slunked off to a mad emperor's realm and bump into a shouting nord that shouts things to death. That would just be silly and rather rude.

Oh and we get him as a surprise guest for him. If we can find the old him and have him agree to paint a picture for him. If not, that would be rather dull.

The end.

P.S. Whoever keeps stealing my eyes, stop it.

P.P.S. Seriously, stop stealing my eyes.

PPPS. STOP IT!

PPPPPPPPPPSSSSS. Right, whoever stole my body, give it back and if i find out one of your curs have eaten me. I will eat you again! This time, RAW!

PPPPPSSWTO!? Whoever invited Sir Sir, is dead to me. Sir Sir is a poopyhead and has been exiled from the realm for being a poopyhead.

Editor's note: I love cake!

Editior's note 2: MASS STRANGLINGS!? YIPPEE! Oh crap, CAT! THERE's A CAT IN HERE! KILLS IT!

Editior's note 3: Mmm, cooked cat. Also, we need a person for our Khajiti weekly section. Turns out the cat we ate was sir kitting kitty the cat the ninth. No Khajiit applications. They smell! Nenenenenenenenene.

And yes, that is my entry. Insane? Yes. Lacking surprise? No.

What?

It's Sheogorath! I had to give in to the slightly more silly side of me.

STOP JUDGING ME! :shock:

P.S. Vote for me.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:18 am 

Shouldn't there be a poll now? If not, feel free to declare me COTM winner for life and give me the purple coins of purpleness with that purplely bits in. PURPLE!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:26 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Poll is up.

(Sorry there's no link to all_freed and TSD's entries. I don't know how to link to individual posts. :oops: ) Fixed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:35 am 

Basically, it's er...........

bugger, i done forgot. TO THE MOD FORUM! Aarah. Meanwhile, it's TO THE GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM for me! What?

Oh and remember, i am the Madgod in Dovah form. If ye don't vote for me. Out come the guts, the eyes melt and boom, your sanity cheats on you with your own heart. Which then turns into a live dog inside of you. But if you do love being in a lot of pain via a deranged Dovah/Madgod, then don't vote for me. Otherwise, do.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:46 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Ah, got it. You just hover over the quote button for the numerical code. Links are all there now. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:14 pm 

And now Aarah's stealing the purple coins from me! Goddamnit!

If i lose, i am covering the site in the entrails of banned users, clogging the servers with cheese and burning UESP down to the ground using a master level fire spell! :P

That said, i put virtually no effort into mine thus if i did win, it would be rather surprising. What? I forgot about it until the final hours of the entry period. I almost had to bribe a mod and i hate bribing them as they tend to put the prices up every time!

EDIT: Blimey, almost neck and neck with Aarah. Come on, just one more vote and it'll be even closer! unless Aarah starts throwing her mod powers around or hacks into the poll thus robbing me of all the votes or Sheogorath happens.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:20 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Platform: PC, PS3
UESPoints: 2
Congrats to Aarah! Well done sheodovah on second place. i enjoyed both stories

last but not least, Thank you to those who voted

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:29 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

Indeed! Congratulations to Aarah, our new TPM/CotM Winner!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:33 pm 

I will have my revenge! I will defeat Aarah by winning the next COTM!(unless i can't enter for various reasons!) And to really insult her, i will congratulate the northern lass by saying CONGRATS AARAH! Yeah, i really insulted her. :P

Silliness aside, congrats Aarah! If i had somehow managed to win with a rather half assed late entry, it would have been rather surprising and shocking.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:18 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Thank you! :)
It was a close one! All the surprises were very different. Great drawings of the dishes, all_freed (head on a plate - my favourite), and Dovah - delightfully insane, as always.
Thanks for voting!

I've never had pink and purple coins before! Pretty, pretty! :heart:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:36 am 

I seem to be missing the promised points. If it's that Aarah throwing her power around to deny me my UESP points, i will stare at her and narrate her life until such points are awarded to me. :P Just curious about the UESP points prize for me.

(Unless it was a lie conducted by MM for Music related reasons)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:48 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Don't worry Dovah, I'm sure you'll get what you deserve.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:36 pm 

I get a trillion pounds!? :D Hang on, what's the catch? :wat:

Joking aside, there is no rush and i am slighty confused if it's a single point or a few points for second place.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:55 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

Pretty sure it was 3 for winner, 2 for second, and 1 for third, as long as you had more than 1 vote. That's how I've divvied them up anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:02 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 16
A bit late, but congrats Aarah! Good entries by all; bonus points to all_freed for the illustrations.

And I ain't in it for the power
And I ain't in it for my health
I ain't in it for the glory of anything at all
And I sure ain't in it for the wealth