UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:36 am

All times are UTC

Poll!
Poll ended at Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:51 pm
all_freed 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
Unionhack 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 5
 Post subject: Contest of the Month - July Edition!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:08 am 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, PC, STD
Other Profiles: Gamertag: MightyGo0dLeadr
UESPoints: 15
Hey guys, it's July! Wow, time goes by quick.

Welcome one and all to the Competition of the Month!

These monthly competitions are a chance for you to demonstrate your creativity and talents while getting a chance to know your fellow members and have a little fun. Each month is going to have a different theme and a different talent – and maybe a surprise or two! But only one member can wear the purple coins and fancy title of CotM Winner! Do you have what it takes?

The basic rules are as follows:
Spoiler:
» Members can contribute pieces based on the talent (writing, art, screenshots, etc.) and theme during the submission period, after which no further entries will be accepted. Then we will vote via a poll to see who gets to wear that month’s winner’s badge!

» If you are posting artwork, please post a link from an off-forum website such as Photobucket; if you are posting a written piece, please hide it under a spoiler when creating a new post. This is to ensure that posts are not too long and the thread appears orderly for everyone. If you are unsure how to do either of these, don’t be afraid to ask!

» Be respectful and polite about your fellow members’ work. Anyone who says anything rude about another’s work will be hearing from a member of the Mod Squad and may not be allowed to participate in the next competition. There is no such thing as “good” or “bad,” and everyone has a unique way of demonstrating his or her talents. Enjoy the variety!

» All members are welcome to join, including moderators. Don’t forget that we’re members, too!

JULY IS A GOOD MONTH FOR THIS COMPETITION! DESCRIPTION (as many paragraphs as necessary) Think I was supposed to delete that part of template, but ok. This month's idea comes from our very own Alarra!

"If you could design a dungeon/cave in the ES series, what would it be like?" Describe or draw the layout, aesthetics, enemies, traps, boss, and so forth.

So yeah, get to it! Design them things up good! :mrgreen:

Our schedule for the [MONTH] July event is as follows:
[DATE RANGE]: July 10 - 27: Competition begins! Start planning and send in those submissions!
[DATE RANGE]: July 28-31: Voting period – vote for your favorites!
[DATE]: August 1: Our winner is announced!
Please note that all times are determined by me, Musicman, and therefore will run according to GMT -6/Central Standard Time. (Click here if you’re unsure when, exactly, that is!)

Remember that the CotM is not possible without you, so please participate, contribute, discuss, and vote!

As an aside, if anyone would like to join the street team to help plan and set up the CotM, please send me a PM Until then, have fun and good luck!

(This fun event is hosted by yours truly. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them within this thread or by sending me a PM by selecting the appropriate button below my signature. Have some suggestions on what you'd like to see? Head over to the ideas thread and join in on the discussion!)

Member Entries:
[ALL MEMBER ENTRIES HERE WITH LINK TO POST]
all_freed
Unionhack

Post subject: Re: Contest of the Month - July Edition!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:26 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
Do sex dungeons count? If so, i may have to disappear for a few weeks to focus on my return as the COTM's Dovah's 2 time champion! If not, i deny that i am working on sex dungeons for TES VI.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:47 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim, TES:O
Platform: PC (ESO), Xbox 360 (Oblivion, Skyrim)
Other Profiles: baratrongirl (Xbox Live)
UESPoints: 0
This is a great COTM! Not sure I have enough ideas for it, but I'll certainly try...

Thelastdovah wrote:
Do sex dungeons count? If so, i may have to disappear for a few weeks to focus on my return as the COTM's Dovah's 2 time champion! If not, i deny that i am working on sex dungeons for TES VI.

Good gods, the first post in the thread and you're lowering the tone already, Dovah?!

You might be able to get away with a sex-themed dungeon if Sanguine's involved...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:59 pm 

Maybe. Also, wouldn't it be a Molag Bal themed Dungeon? I mean, he does seem like the type that is into er.... actually, i better stop this before i end up getting banned.

Will see if i can get my entry done soon!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:27 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360/one
UESPoints: 14
Be careful encouraging the madness, Bara! It never turns out good. :P

No naughty dungeons Dovah! This is a respectable place.

Last edited by Aarah on Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:28 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Platform: PC, PS3
UESPoints: 2
Spoiler:
Hidden:
Started: Students of Despair

You overhear whispers of a small city (can't think of a name that is canon) near the Jerall Mountains that has suffered a bit trouble. A celestial body has crashed into a river that leads to the city, creating a pit that siphons the water. As a result, their water supplies are thinning and the sewers are no longer being rinsed by the river. The citizens don't fear dying of thirst but of the unknown that lurks in the depths. Descend into the abyss and hope against all odds that you will ever see the sun again!

Where does this pit lead? What are those crystals made from?

You arrive in the vicinity of the small city, you can decide to enter the pit or you can visit the city first. If you enter the pit now then you will be missing some dialogue from two NPCs (who you'll eventually meet later down the road). If your first stop is the city, you will meet two citizen/researchers that wish to accompany you into the pit (temporary followers). Their names are Arianna Vineticus and Perin Lorian, an Imperial and Bosmer that share a long history together.

Before descending the pit, both researchers will comment on the celestial formations that surround the entrance.

Perin Lorian: "Amazing! As the flow of the river approaches the rock formations they turn into gaseous state. But why are the vapors going down there?"
Arianna Vineticus: "Hopefully we'll find out later. Look, the stones' composition almost resemble soul gems..."
Perin: "I concur, not only that though, these look like they originated from Masser and Secunda. See how the white and reddish-purple easily fuse together."
Arianna: "Most would assume that the impact would leave a larger crater. This... Are you thinking what I'm thinking?!"
Perin: "Yes! This maybe just a coincidence but I think the comet came to a halt just before impact. Almost as if something wanted to reveal this passage."
Arianna: "Well let's find out what lies within."

Watch your step. The road will be long and arduous. Note: names on map were dubbed after the expedition.

Arianna: "It seems that you're in luck friend (the player), Perin and I are adept in levitation spells. Here, let me show you how."

or

Perin: "Ah, I sense that you've already mastered the art of levitation. This is good! Let us proceed then."

As you slowly levitate down the seemingly Endless Fall, you notice ponds and small lakes that dot the walls. The two researchers conclude that this is where the water vapors end up. The three of you take a closer look and notice strange slaughterfish and other water critters.

These are slaughterfish?! They were forced to adapt.

Arianna: "Could it be that his place has been sealed for centuries... possibly even a millennia."
Perin: "Indeed, look here friend (you), the slaughterfish eyes have receded almost to nothingness, and they've even grown these stalks with lights on their heads."

You get your first panoramic view of the Eagle's Descent, the cave doesn't look like much to most, but the architects use powerful magics to shape it so that it resembles an eagle that is about to capture its prey. This cave had two functions: two keep intruders out and to keep people in. Since this is the start of this quest it starts with a tutorial of the new(ish) iteration of levitation. Now you can fly at normal speeds (similar to walking) or faster sprinting speeds (consumes magicka as you channel the spell) or short dashes (consumes a small amount of magicka per button press).

You're ambushed by several dozen flying creatures. Then the group suddenly realises that these beasts are actually animunculi never before seen by anyone. The face plates seemed similar to typical Dwarven machines, but the bodies were made of a metal that was so light as to allow flight yet strong enough to shred even the toughest armour. After a long and cinematic battle...

Perin: "Oh oh, do you see that? Under that bridge it leads to another area. A staircase of some kind? Interesting...
This path will eventually lead you to the Beacon of Hope.

Or you can fly straight to the Guardian's Foyer, but again your progress will be impeded because the doors will not operate without a certain item.

Either way you choose, the researchers can't contain their excitement. The architecture is a fusion of Ayleid and Dwemer buildings!

Arianna: "This is impossible! Ayleids and Dwarves living side by side?"
Perin: "I can't believe it either! If you look at that door there (he'll point to either the Guardian's Foyer gate or the Slave Storeroom door), you can see that it's made from a fusion of Ayleid and Dwemer metal. Such a feat in metallurgy was always thought to be impossible. This door must hold a lot of secrets as it is nigh unbreakable."
Arianna: "Also notice the tree motif that is common in most Ayleid ruins, wreathed in the angular patterns of the Dwarven cities."
Perin: "No one can know for sure why these two great peoples built this place, but look at what they've accomplished!

The Slave Storeroom is not required to complete the quest but if you're running low on alchemy ingredients then you might want to spend a few minutes looting the place. The Storerooms are filled with whispers of anguish and woe. But your companions brush it off as a soft wind.

When you reach the Slave Quarters, the group can't deny that this area is haunted. Unseen wraiths begin to assault the group, strangely enough they seem to be pushing them out without causing injury. You can try to attack them with sword or spell, but it is futile as they pass through air. Perin squeals and conjurs a candle, Arianna follows suit. The wraiths are warded off by the light, for now. You can see what can be best described as fog or clouds looming right outside the radius of the candlelights. The ceiling is very low compared to the Eagle's Descent, the walls are crudely chiseled, at least a hundred hovels that served as dwellings are cramped into this cave. The rooms are all carved from the very stone in the cave. At the end of the cave is the Beacon of Hope.

You hear a whisper and it instructs you, "Light the beacon, free us."

The Beacon of Hope, carved into the very wall. Those who sculpted the statue intentionally left it bereft of facial and bodily features.

There are two options:
1. Arianna's path: Light the beacon and help three ghosts find closure: a mother separated from her child, a sculpter deprived of his sack of water, and a guard that was punished for his compassion for the slaves. Afterwards the Beacon of Light will grant you the key that you need to open the Guardian's Foyer. You hear countless sighs of relief, the whispering stops, the ghosts have been laid to rest.

2. Perin's path: Set the beacon aflame, the light is almost blinding to the wraiths and they converge on you. This time, your weapons and spells will work. Finally defeat the colossus of the beacon and claim the key. You will also be granted a permanent bonus, all your damage will be increased by 30% against all undead.

Let's fast forward to the Guardian's Foyer.

If you chose Arianna's path you will have to fight the Guardian and visit the Security Outpost to open the gate yourself (it resembles an Ayleid sentinel). If you chose Perin's path, the Guardian accept the key and use his spear to signal the Security Outpost, then the gate will open.

After passing the gate, there will be a puzzle waiting for you. Depending on which path you chose, Arianna or Perin, one will be filled with despair and think the room is a dead end. The other, the one you sided with, will give you hints if you're stuck on the puzzle. All I can say is that the puzzle is of Dwarven design, you have to rotate a few lenses and orbs to activate the elevator.

Now you have access to the Rise of the Phoenix. There are mountains of treasure and a funnel-like pit that leads to somewhere. Several Falmer perched high up on the grand staircase alert you to their presence but they don't attack (their presence is explained by journals strewn across the dungeon). Rather they are watching, waiting, and possibly guarding this area. The mounds of treasure are of Dwarven and Ayleid orgin.

However, the centerpiece of this room is a short drop to leads to another, smaller room. However the entrance is flanked by at least two dozen Dwemer centurions spheres. Once again, however, these animunculi are far more different than anything known to the world. Their metal carapace and weapons only made possible between a horrific union between the cruel minds of Ayleid and Dwemer. How the centurions react depend on which path you took.

The Rotunda

If you've fully explored the caves up to this point, then you'll have the full set of Phoenix armour that allows to you unlock all of the benefits of the Rotunda. It is not mandatory however. When the researchers try to enter the rotunda they are met with an invisible force field but it allows you to access the inside.

Unlike the rest of the cave, the walls and floors of this room are not of Dwemer or Ayleid origin. The walls seems to be a combination of metal and stone but far more ethereal and enigmatic, it is also polished. The walls are lined with several gateways that sealed to prevent anyone from entering them. At the center of the room is a small fountain-like edifice, but still very much a part of the ground. Atop the edifice is a shard, no larger than a Orc a Khajiit head. It's exactly the same composition as the crystals that lay on the surface. Your hand only had to be close to the shard for it to activate. A voice, both calm and powerful, resounds within every pound of flesh, every inch of bone; it says, "Claim your birthrght, Shezzarine."

You feel as if you've heard this voice all your life and understand what it is granting you, now you can select one of the gateways and allow the powers from Aetherius to flow into you. Each gateway corresponds to one skill tree, all perks are unlocked, the skill is maxed to 100 (up to 200 if you already had it maxed), and certain perks will have increased magnitude. You can further amplify the effect of this boon by donning the Phoenix armour set.

You can only visit this place once a day if you wish to switch to another gateway to augment your skill. Afterwards you can now put your new items and skills to the real test and fight dozens of Falmer and Centurions at the same time.

When you return to the city you can refuse to discuss what you experienced with Arianna and/or Perin, but if you share what you known they may be able to provide some speculation as to what that chamber was. The crystals that were blocking the river flow will now recede into the cave and stop any trespassers.

Daily Bonuses

1. You get to change the Rotunda bonus once per day, if you wish.
2. You can collect up to 50,000 gold per day from the Golden Hills.

Hidden:
Monsters/Enemies

[hide]Image
Name: Elite Falmer Scout
Numbers: 10
Abilities: can cloak and perform a power pouncing attack. will cloak again when below 25% health and attempt to perform a backstab
comments: Journals speak of these particular Falmer, they knew of this place centuries ago. Whatever secrets they held was lost to us even before we needed to kill them.-Perin

Hidden:
Name: Dwarven Messenger Centurion
Numbers: Too many!
Abilities: power of flight, can lob balls of concentrated steam, razor sharp claws and wings
comments: Most of the slaves were forced to work in the darkest and deepest recesses of this place. As the guards couldn't be everywhere at once and ordinary centurions were confined to the ground, they created this new fiend to watch this prison.-Arianna

Hidden:
-Name: Dwarven Sphere Sentinel
-Numbers: 24
-Abilities: Similar to standard Sphere Centurions, but their crossbows were improved with the aid of Elven craftsmanship. Also their arms, head, and waists can rotate and their melee weapons were replaced with flails. All of their attacks slow your movement speed by 60%.
-comments: These were not the true wardens of this School, they couldn't fly like the Predator Sentinels. But I suspect that on the rare occasions that the slaves were foolish enough to attempt a revolt, these animunculi were called upon. They are much faster and durable then their ordinary cousins, thanks to the new metal created by the Ayleid-Dwemer endeavour, and all their weaponry were improved to counter escapees.-Perin

Hidden:
Dwarven and Ayleid spectres will appear if you choose to free the wraiths of the slaves. They will yell obscenities at you but otherwise will be too afraid to attack you. Approaching them will cause them to disappear and only reappear when you're a good distance away.

Weapons, Armour, and misc

Finding each item while the researchers are with you will prompt a short comment from one of them. It is up to you to find them, I will not reveal their locations!
Hidden:
-Name: Fury of the Taskmaster
-100 dmg (can be improved with the new Ayleid/Dwemer ingots)
-absorb 100pts of health per hit when below 50% maximum health
-attack speed same as axe
-comment: This was very likely used by one of the oppressors to keep their slaves in line. I'm guessing they used the dagger-like blades if they were feeling merciful, and the axe-part if they wanted to let off some steam. Also a quick glance seems to give the illusion that the weapon is a bird or dragon breathing flames. Something else I've noticed is that this cruel weapon doesn't shed blood, instead it seems to drink it and pass the vitality to the wielder.-Arianna

Hidden:
-Name: Weaponised Tools
-damage varies (cannot be improved)
-attack speed varies
-when below 30% health, gain 50% damage reduction to all damage sources
-comment: Did the slaves ever oppose their masters? Probably. Otherwise why would they need all this security? For all the good that these makeshift tools did. I bet the slaves didn't gain their freedom until the Dwemer disappeared and the Ayleids fell from grace.-Perin

Hidden:
-Deadly Reach
-130 damage (can be improved with Ayleid-Dwemer ingot)
-attack speed same as Morrowind spears
-special ability all power attacks increase the reach of the weapon
-comment: This spear was used to catch slaves or keep them at a distance. It could also collapse into a shorter form for close quarters suppression when needed.-Perin

Hidden:
-Name: ArchMaster's Command
-115 damage (can be improved with Ayleid-Dwemer ingot)
-attack speed varies based on spells
-increases the potency of all destruction spells. example: fireball will now launch three fireballs, blizzard radius doubles and cast time reduced, etc
-comment: Every single weapon used by the wardens are the product of Ayleid and Dwarven minds. As a result, they share all the strengths of both variants but none of their weaknesses. We can only guess why these two people collaborated together, but there is no denying that their intentions were dark.-Arianna

Hidden:
-Name: Warden's Meat Tenderiser
-140 damage - can be improved
-attack speed slightly faster than ordinary maces
-bonus: attacking the same target 5 times within 7 seconds will permanently reduce their armour by 30%. Can stack with other perks
-comment: Another Ayleid-Dwarven ingenuity. The energy core is powered by both Ayleid magics and and Dwarven steam power. Each successive strike seems to increase the power of each blow! Fascinating, if only we can harness this same energy in our world.-Perin

Hidden:
-Name: The Burning Twig
-50 damage - can't be improved
-attack speed slightly faster than a dagger
-bonus: surrounds itself in a blue flame when enemies are near, all enemies within melee range will take 10 damage per second and they will also deal 25% less damage
-comment: What is this?! I can't even begin to imagine what this is... but the twig never seems to break or burn. The flame is actually soothing and the leaf doesn't wither. And most importantly how did a child get this? Did they make it? If not, who did? So many questions... so much mystery... and pain in this place.-Arianna

Hidden:
-Name: Phoenix Armour set
-Armour rating - max 85% damage reduction
-no weight
-bonus: wearing each piece increases the potency of the Rotunda boon and adds new effects for you to discover. The ring negates the effects of any ring that is worn by your enemy, can also store up to 5 souls of enemies that are killed if they aren't soul-trapped. When an equipped enchanted weapon is out of charges, the armour will automatically recharge it.
-comment: We don't know much about this armour. Only that it is made from a fusion of Elven-Dwarven metal, also the thorns on the shoulders seemed to be infused with power soul gems.-Arianna

Hidden:
-Name: Gaze of Hunter
-effects: increases all damage you deal by 10%, when your health falls below 25% you will instead be healed to full health (heal can only occur once per day)
-comment: It's modeled after an owl and has three dwarven lenses surrounding it. We didn't notice this until we left the cave, but the eyes actually open and close depending on the energy levels stored within.-Arianna

Hidden:
Two spells - only one can be used at a time
-Names: Armour of Frost or Mudcrab's Might
-effects: Armour of Frost allows a chilling aura to radiate from you, any enemy within melee range has a 10% chance to be frozen, also all frost attacks have a 15% chance to freeze. Mudcrab's Might increases your armour rating to 85%, makes you immune to poison and diseases, also Mudcrabs will no longer attack you and will come to your aid if nearby.
-comment: To my surpise, these spells aren't from the school of alteration. The frost armour seems to only work in cold areas and the mudcrab spell only works when there are stones nearby. No, these are in fact, spells that revolve around telekinesis. The power is all focused on drawing the elements around you and holding them there in place.-Perin

Hidden:
Music

5 new tracks will be composed by Jeremi Sole. 3 new snippets will also play when you discover a new zone in this dungeon, clear a zone, and find epic loot.

1. "The Echoes of the Forsaken" 7:45
2. "The Dominion of the Eagle" 5:56
3. "You Shall Not Leave" 2:35
4. "Birthright" 1:16
5. "Burden of the Brawlers" 1:45

Last edited by all_freed on Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:57 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: MW, OB, SR, ESO
Platform: PC master race
UESPoints: 1
*folds before she's even started brainstorming*

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:30 pm 

Ah, OBLIVION! *stabs self repeatly with Daedric claymore to avoid being forced to admit he has no chance in reclaiming his title as COTM*

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:09 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Sorry about that i was just rereading the rules and noticed we gotta hide the whole post. currently trying to do that but it looks like all the hide tags is confusing itself.

p.s. ah ha! i did it

Last edited by all_freed on Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:17 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

all_freed wrote:
Sorry about that i was just rereading the rules and noticed we gotta hide the whole post. currently trying to do that but it looks like all the hide tags is confusing itself.

If you put it in a spoiler tab it works ok.

Nice entry, by the way!

Edit: That underground cross-section map is great!

Last edited by Aarah on Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:19 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Aarah wrote:
all_freed wrote:

If you put all of it in a spoiler tab it works ok.

Nice entry, by the way!

Oh ok, thank you. yeah that's much better

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:13 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: All of 'Em
Platform: PS4, PC
Other Profiles: PSN: Unionhack, Steam: Unionhack
UESPoints: 13
With no drawing skill or anything I'm resorting to writing. But I do hope this comes across pretty well.

This dungeon is in the confines of Oblivion's system if it matters.
The Forlorn Citadel
Hidden:
The Forlorn Citadel is a massive Dwemer structure deep within an even larger cave that is the size of Blackreach. The Citadel was built from the ceiling of the cave downwards, and hangs over a lake of unknown deepness.

The Citadel must thus be entered from the top, via a special portal found in a long-forgotten Dwemer ruin. Upon entering the portal, you will find your character with only the most bare of equipment; a simple shirt, pants, shoes, and no weapon to speak of. The door behind you is locked, and your only option is forward into the dark hallway.

You may bring yourself to try and swing your fists around, but find you cannot. You may try to cast a spell or sneak, but you cannot. Opening up your menu, you see that all of your skills are gone, save for your atheltics and acrobatics. All you may do is run and jump; which is all you need for the moment being, seeing as all that is in front of you is a long hallway.

When you reach the end of the hall, you see three statues. They seem to resemble the birthsigns you may be familiar with; the thief, the warrior, and the mage, though they have obvious Dwemer accents about them. Choosing one of them reveals that it will return to you an ability; the statue of the warrior allows you to swing a weapon. The statue of the thief allows you to sneak. The statue of the mage allows you to cast spells of one chosen school.

With one choice being made, the other statues grow dim, and you must proceed onwards with the ability you have chosen and some meager equipment in a nearby chest.

The Forlorn Citadel is a long dungeon crawl where the purpose of the dungeon is to find the statues at the end of danger-filled rooms that you must navigate with the powers and skills you have chosen to recover. Upon losing either health, magicka, or stamina, you will notice that they do no regenerate over time, and waiting does not heal you. You must instead rely on scavenged potions and other supplies to survive, or complete the tasks ahead of you as efficiently as possible to prevent the loss of each.

Each room, when the end of reach, reveals a statue that allows you reclaim a skill that the entrance portal has stripped from you. You may find a statue of the Tower which will give you back your ability to lock-pick. Each room can be navigated through whatever skills you have at your disposal, but it must be done creatively if you wish to survive. Sneak past the wandering guardsman to activate the statue, or conjure a scamp and allow it to fight your battles for you? Whatever the case, you must make do with what skills you have recovered and with what items you have found inside the Citadel.

There is one returned skill for each represented birthsign, and one statue for each birthsign. Of the three statues in the beginning, the two you did not choose in the beginning may be found further in the dungeon.

Warrior: Restores one of the following: Blade, Blunt, Hand-to-Hand, Marksman
Mage: Restores one school of magic.
Thief: Restores your ability to sneak.
Apprentice: Restores an additional school of magic.
Lady: Restores a crafting skill; Alchemy or Armorer.
Atronach: Restores an additional school of magic
Lord: Restores your ability to block
Tower: Restores the ability to pick locks
Ritual: Restores a crafting skill; alchemy or armorer.
Lover: Restores your health regeneration.
Shadow: Restores your stamina regeneration.
Serpent: Restore your magicka regeneration.
Steed: Restores one of the following: Blade, Blunt, Hand-to-Hand, Marksman

The Dungeon is non-linear, with hallways leading away from the central room with the 3 statues into each of the 12 rooms where you may find statues and reclaim your skills.

Past the central room where the 3 statues reside is a giant golden door. This door may be opened at any time to enter the final test of the dungeon with whatever skills you have reclaimed. The less skills you have reclaimed, the greater the reward at the end.

The final test consists of reaching a portal akin to the original that led you to the citadel. In the center of the room is a massive dwemer colossus that must be defeated, or sneaked around. The portal can be reached by navigating through a short trap-filled labyrinth past the colossus, where you can bypass certain traps with the use of lockpicking or spells like water-walking and telekinesis. If the colossus is defeated, then you receive a key that allows you to bypass the labyrinth entirely.

Whatever way you choose to go around it, you leave the dungeon through the portal with a sizeable sum of gold, filled soul gems, alchemical ingredients, magical items, and much more in a chest that appears not far from where you first entered the dungeon. Of course, your statistics, skills, and items are restored to where they used to be. Yet the entrance portal still beckons, and it may be entered again at any time. Try to set a new high score by beating the final room with as few skills as possible, and be rewarded accordingly. You may enter the Citadel as many times as desired, though as always you will be stripped of skills and items. The rewards are great, but they must be earned.

With each entering of the Citadel, you may find the patrolling enemies different, the traps changed around, or the locations of the statues strewn about differently as well, allowing for a constantly changing experience.

And of course, while exploring, you may find the journals of adventurers who didn't quite make it through... and perhaps their lingering skeletons and spirits as well. The true nature of the Citadel will never be known as its' history disappeared with the Dwemer, but the mysteriously lethal dungeon will continue to beckon adventurers with its' promises of riches and glory.

Wow, that was fun to write.

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:19 am 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

Excellent entries so far! Keep 'em coming!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:22 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 6
Aarah wrote:

Wait, really? Is that a rule?

My Skyrim mods:
Saturalia * Babette's Feast * Additional Amulets * Noble Female Clothes

My Oblivion mods:
Full listing is here

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:16 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

Four days left to submit an entry!
Deandra wrote:
Aarah wrote:

Wait, really? Is that a rule?

That is not a rule. TES games are rated M, so as long as you can justify what's in the dungeon with some sort of story, it's fair game. I would ask that if you are going to submit a mature themed dungeon, put a small warning before the hide box. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:17 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

In that case, I may have to throw together a last-minute entry! :D

My Skyrim mods:

My Oblivion mods:
Full listing is here

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:51 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

And... I am not happy with what I've got so far, so I don't think I'll make it this month. I should have started earlier :(

My Skyrim mods:

My Oblivion mods:
Full listing is here

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:52 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

Poll is up! Vote like the purple coins depend on it! Because they do!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:32 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

Oh, look! A new CotM winner! Congrats, all_freed!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:16 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Well done, all_freed! You won it (even though you didn't go into much detail :P ). It's a shame that your dungeon won't be turned into a real in-game one, but alternatively, I hope you enjoy the purple coins!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:07 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Ok thank you all. Thanks for the mods. Thank you to Unionhack and thank you to everyone for posting and voting.