UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:06 am

All times are UTC

Choose the best entry from each category!
Poll ended at Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:00 pm
Jeelius-Tei - Mudcrab Cake 13%  13%  [ 3 ]
Skyrimplayer - Story 30%  30%  [ 7 ]
Lethandhrel One-Eye - Drawing 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Tezliov - UESP Birthday Image 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Zephyr - Paint in Dragon Tongue Image 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
TopHatKat - Whistling Birthday Tune 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Thelastdovah - Story 35%  35%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 23
 Post subject: Competition Of The Month-November Edition!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:03 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 7
Welcome one and all to the Competition of the Month!

These monthly competitions are a chance for you to demonstrate your creativity and talents while getting a chance to know your fellow members and have a little fun. Each month is going to have a different theme and a different talent – and maybe a surprise or two! But only one member can wear the purple coins and fancy title of CotM Winner! Do you have what it takes?

The basic rules are as follows:
Spoiler:
» Members can contribute pieces based on the talent (writing, art, screenshots, etc.) and theme during the submission period, after which no further entries will be accepted. Then we will vote via a poll to see who gets to wear that month’s winner’s badge!

» If you are posting artwork, please post a link from an off-forum website such as Photobucket; if you are posting a written piece, please hide it under a spoiler when creating a new post. This is to ensure that posts are not too long and the thread appears orderly for everyone. If you are unsure how to do either of these, don’t be afraid to ask!

» Be respectful and polite about your fellow members’ work. Anyone who says anything rude about another’s work will be hearing from a member of the Mod Squad and may not be allowed to participate in the next competition. There is no such thing as “good” or “bad,” and everyone has a unique way of demonstrating his or her talents. Enjoy the variety!

» All members are welcome to join, including moderators. Don’t forget that we’re members, too!

This month, we would like you to make a birthday gift for the forums.This can be a cake, drawing, story, or anything creative your little heart wishes to give to the forums. Made a cake for it? Post the picture! Want to sing the forum a Happy Birthday song? Post the video! You're invited to the UESP Forums' birthday bash on an imaginary yacht somewhere in Tamriel, watcha gonna bring? 8)

Our schedule for the [November] event is as follows:
[Nov. 1 - Nov. 26]: Competition begins! Start planning and send in those submissions!
[Nov. 27 - Nov. 29]: Voting period – vote for your favorites!
[Nov. 30]: Our winner is announced!
Please note that all times are determined by me, Dohvakiin2012, and therefore will run according to AKST -Alaska Standard time. (Click here if you’re unsure when, exactly, that is!)

Remember that the CotM is not possible without you, so please participate, contribute, discuss, and vote!

As an aside, if anyone would like to join the street team to help plan and set up the CotM, please send me a PM. Until then, have fun and good luck!

(This fun event is hosted by yours truly. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them within this thread or by sending me a PM by selecting the appropriate button below my signature. Have some suggestions on what you'd like to see? Head over to the ideas thread and join in on the discussion!)

Entries:
Jeelius-Tei
Skyrimplayer
Lethandhrel One-Eye
Tezliov
Zephyr
TopHatKat
Thelastdovah

Post subject: Re: Competition Of The Month-November Edition!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:22 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 0
I made a retro Mudcrab Cake for the UESP party. Enjoy! It's printable too, fits perfect on 8.5'' x 11'' paper.
Hidden:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:37 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360/one
UESPoints: 14
Lovely cake Jeelius! (But...erm...I think you're supposed to remove the shell). Lol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:36 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Come on everyone! Let's get some entries in and show our forums some birthday love!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:27 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

UESPoints: 6
Hear ye, hear ye, for the tale of Creation is to be told:
Hidden:
First, there was nothing. And then there was a spark. And out of that spark flew Dveh, the first Titan. He created a realm by the name of UESP. But Dveh longed for company, and thus, he set out to create a companion. No matter how hard he tried, he could never get it right. But one fateful day, the Titan pricked his finger on a rose, and his blood fell upon the earth. And from the earth sprang a creature unlike any other: Dveh had created a woman, his daughter, Avron.

He and his daughter lived happily, until the day when the Titan became old and died. Avron cried at his deathbed, demanding to know what had caused this. And lo, a man in a white robe appeared next to her, his face impassive, and said, "Twas I who have done this. Myself, Time: your father's own creation."
"Bring him back!" the maiden yelled.
"I cannot undo what I hath wrought. However, your father is not completely dead. He has spirits inside of him, you need only to let them out, and your father will live in them."
"What must I do," Avron cried, "I command you to answer!"
Time stared at her. "Time does not answer to the will of any being. But I shall help you: Prick each of your father's fingers, and pour the blood onto a surface. Do this, and, he will live." And with that, Time vanished.
The maiden gathered what objects she could, and taking her sewing needle, pricked her father.

The first drop fell upon a piece of gold: And thus, Zarock was born, the God of Riches.
The second drop fell upon a piece of wheat, and Bradmix was born, the God of the Harvest.
The third dripped onto an olive branch, and Dohva was born, the Goddess of Peace.
The fourth fell upon a horn, and thus Hatofness was born, the God of Speech
The fifth hit a hare, and Telstdov was created, the God of Madness.
The sixth hit a piece of snow, and thus Frostmag was born, the Goddess of the Seasons, particularly Winter.

But it was the last three with which Avron was least careful with. Presently, a badger came to her and asked if he could see what she was doing. She showed him the vials of blood, explaining her task. When she turned away, the badger seized a bottle, drinking it. And from the badger was born Beliv, the God of Luck, both Good and Ill.

Next came a dog who merely ran off with a vial, the glass shattered in his mouth, pouring the blood down his throat. He became Elteef, the God of War, whose symbol was a wolf.

And finally came the dragon. Avron who had noticed the thefts, refused him the bottle, but the dragon was clever: he convinced her that he had the power over life and death, and that he could bring her Dveh back. He swore on the Tree of Life, a sacred oak in the middle of UESP. To break an oath would bring horrible punishment. The maiden handed him the vial, but kept a hand on her blade. But no sooner had he gotten it, the dragon poured it down his gullet.

He smacked his lips, but lo and behold! A horrible, blood chilling roar escaped from him, the only thing keeping him alive was the fact that his blood had come from the ring finger of Dveh, where the most power was stored. Ironically, the dragon was given the power he claimed to have had, but not over life, only death. He was banished to the Underworld, a prison he created himself, where he ruled as the God of Death, Musiklan. His symbol is a silver coin, emblazoned with a 2, a 4, and a 7.

Avron, knowing that these spirits needed to be controlled, created her own realm, seperate from the rest of UESP: The Rose Kingdom, where she reined as the Queen of Thorns, protected by the valiant Rose Legion, led by Shadowun, Hisine, and Skyrilam.

And thus ends chapter one of the tale of Creation. There are many more chapters, but to put it all on one elder scroll would be impossible.

Disclaimer: If anyone found that offensive, please note that it was not meant to be so. And if I left you out, it's because there weren't enough fingers/couldn't find a spot.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:56 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind (GOTY), Oblivion (GOTY), ESOTU
Other Profiles: Steam: damonmcknight
Skyrimplayer wrote:
Hear ye, hear ye, for the tale of Creation is to be told:
Hidden:
First, there was nothing. And then there was a spark. And out of that spark flew Dveh, the first Titan. He created a realm by the name of UESP. But Dveh longed for company, and thus, he set out to create a companion. No matter how hard he tried, he could never get it right. But one fateful day, the Titan pricked his finger on a rose, and his blood fell upon the earth. And from the earth sprang a creature unlike any other: Dveh had created a woman, his daughter, Avron.

He and his daughter lived happily, until the day when the Titan became old and died. Avron cried at his deathbed, demanding to know what had caused this. And lo, a man in a white robe appeared next to her, his face impassive, and said, "Twas I who have done this. Myself, Time: your father's own creation."
"Bring him back!" the maiden yelled.
"I cannot undo what I hath wrought. However, your father is not completely dead. He has spirits inside of him, you need only to let them out, and your father will live in them."
"What must I do," Avron cried, "I command you to answer!"
Time stared at her. "Time does not answer to the will of any being. But I shall help you: Prick each of your father's fingers, and pour the blood onto a surface. Do this, and, he will live." And with that, Time vanished.
The maiden gathered what objects she could, and taking her sewing needle, pricked her father.

The first drop fell upon a piece of gold: And thus, Zarock was born, the God of Riches.
The second drop fell upon a piece of wheat, and Bradmix was born, the God of the Harvest.
The third dripped onto an olive branch, and Dohva was born, the Goddess of Peace.
The fourth fell upon a horn, and thus Hatofness was born, the God of Speech
The fifth hit a hare, and Telstdov was created, the God of Madness.
The sixth hit a piece of snow, and thus Frostmag was born, the Goddess of the Seasons, particularly Winter.

But it was the last three with which Avron was least careful with. Presently, a badger came to her and asked if he could see what she was doing. She showed him the vials of blood, explaining her task. When she turned away, the badger seized a bottle, drinking it. And from the badger was born Beliv, the God of Luck, both Good and Ill.

Next came a dog who merely ran off with a vial, the glass shattered in his mouth, pouring the blood down his throat. He became Elteef, the God of War, whose symbol was a wolf.

And finally came the dragon. Avron who had noticed the thefts, refused him the bottle, but the dragon was clever: he convinced her that he had the power over life and death, and that he could bring her Dveh back. He swore on the Tree of Life, a sacred oak in the middle of UESP. To break an oath would bring horrible punishment. The maiden handed him the vial, but kept a hand on her blade. But no sooner had he gotten it, the dragon poured it down his gullet.

He smacked his lips, but lo and behold! A horrible, blood chilling roar escaped from him, the only thing keeping him alive was the fact that his blood had come from the ring finger of Dveh, where the most power was stored. Ironically, the dragon was given the power he claimed to have had, but not over life, only death. He was banished to the Underworld, a prison he created himself, where he ruled as the God of Death, Musiklan. His symbol is a silver coin, emblazoned with a 2, a 4, and a 7.

Avron, knowing that these spirits needed to be controlled, created her own realm, seperate from the rest of UESP: The Rose Kingdom, where she reined as the Queen of Thorns, protected by the valiant Rose Legion, led by Shadowun, Hisine, and Skyrilam.

And thus ends chapter one of the tale of Creation. There are many more chapters, but to put it all on one elder scroll would be impossible.

Disclaimer: If anyone found that offensive, please note that it was not meant to be so. And if I left you out, it's because there weren't enough fingers/couldn't find a spot.

10/10 I like :)

Oh my love, Anastasia, this may be our last goodbye.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:21 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, (PC), Oblivion, Skyrim (360)
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Other Profiles: GT: The Frosty Mage, Steam: Frost Mage, Skype: frostmage79x
Agh, Snowmane, you're bringing back old memories of Eltee's "approved" stamp... :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:38 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Only two entries, and ten days to go. It saddens me to see that there are only a few people creating artistic elements for the forum's birthday.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:38 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
UESPoints: 14
I would do a tune, like a birthday song, to say. Alas I am deaf with talent such as thee... and not to mention busy...

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:29 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind (GOTY), Oblivion (GOTY), ESOTU
Other Profiles: Steam: damonmcknight
Frost Mage wrote:
Agh, Snowmane, you're bringing back old memories of Eltee's "approved" stamp... :cry:

Don't know who Eltee is lol. That was a basic one. I have a huge, obnoxious "Approved" stamp, but I only use it for the most epic of epicness, because it's so obnoxious :p

Oh my love, Anastasia, this may be our last goodbye.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:53 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I'm with Jeelius: let's show UESP some birthday love even if its just a little sum'n!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:31 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Arena, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Other Profiles: SuperSexySarah, AdarieGlitterwings
Spoiler:

Eldryn the Nerevarine, Finnion Half-Blood the Champion of Cyrodiil and Lethandhrel One-Eye the Dovahkiin having a party for the UESP Forum birthday. It seems to be able to hold your booze, you need a little human blood, as Finnion proves to his Bosmer friend and his Dunmer relative! Eldryn fell asleep where he sat halfway through his fifth pint, and Lethandhrel is already regretting her decision to have an eighth. Finnion is on his tenth, and has no idea, nor does he care, where his boot has gone! Eldryn came in armour, but no-one present knows where in Oblivion he got his current attire from…

Yeah, I haven't drawn anything at all in a looong time, so I thought I'd give this a go as a warm up for other things. Hope y'all like it! Yes, I know the elves seem disproportionally small, but I've never been good at proportions anyway. :lol:

PS, just in case anyone was wondering, Finnion is Breton/Dunmer - his father was a Breton so that's the strongest bloodline showing, but his skin is tinged grey and his eyes are brilliant crimson.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:18 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Haha I like it! Nice drawing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:19 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
Alright, here's my take on a UESP birthday image:
Hidden:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:41 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Skyrim: DG, HF, DB
Here's to UESP from three different alphabets (and in all the glory of Paint)!
Hidden:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:57 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Oblivion and Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360
Other Profiles: TopHatKittyKat
I would have hypnotized you guys with my silky smooth music, but alas, I broke another string whilst tuning. So instead, here is a poem I wrote. It took me a good 5 hours to write, so I hope you guys like it:

Spoiler:
Happy birthday. Happy birthday? Happy birthday. Rabbits can't jump upside-down, but deers might.

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:26 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
Spoiler:
To celebrate the UESP's birthday, we are going to observe the inhabitants of it on a special episode of forum watch. I'm sir Dovah Attensweetroll and for the next half hour, we shalll observe the natural habitat of the place called UESP.

We see the alpha Male known as Musicman at the top of the clan. He is the alpha male and he lives on a diet of the lesser known creatures known as Spambots. He looks at the two females that he has choosen to be part of his exclusive group known as Tea Party Mods. And he starts giving off a scent to inform them that they are to mate with him. The creatures known as Alarra and Dohvakiin2012 ignore this scent and walk away leaving the alpha male by himself.

Musicman growls in an attempt to threaten them into doing what he wants but they ignore him and abandon him. It is that time of the year where the alpha male desires to mate but this year, he is getting nothing.

The two females walk into the open area of UESP and join in with the rest of the pack. We can see the very last dragon feasting on the khajiit known as Ri'zahr. He lives on a diet of villagers and sweetrolls. He looks up at the two Tea Party Mods and adknowledges them. He splits his meal in half and shares them but the females are not having it. They slap him and force him to sit in the naughty corner whilst they retrieve Ri'zahr from inside the insane dragon's mouth.
The khajiit is annoyed by this and decides to flee. He will either find a new pack or end up dying out in the wilderness. The Dovah and Dohvakiin2012 start to converse. They are talking about a primitive ritual known as writing stories about their characters. An elf called Hrolf Abod joins in. They spend hours conducting this ritual but for what purpose?

It seems that the creature of AKB has just woken up. It walks over to the new additions to the clan and it seems to be making a speech. It demands a scarifice or face being enslaved. The stronger members overwhelm the weaker ones and offer them to the strange creature. It accepts and drags them to it's cave. Presumably to be eaten by the dark creature.

Else where, the males of the alpha male's exclusive group are discussing punishments for those that have misbehaved. Believe is drunk again. It is unknown if he requires booze to survive or just loves the stuff. The giant potatoe known as Taters just sits there. It is just a potatoe after all. They are waiting for their beloved leader to come and talk to them. Alarra tries to join in but they snarl at here. It seems that they don't like their pink counterparts.

The female backs away and goes to the area of this wonderful place called Chat. She is joined by the creatures Baratron and the very last Dovah. They spend the next 6 hours chatting. Despite their natural languages being different, they are able to understand the dragon speech of the ancient dovah.

Meanwhile, the rest of the members gather around the Skyrim Area. It is unknown what Skyrim means but there are a few theories. One common theory is that it celebrates the destruction of the dragon race. Another is that it's sweetroll based. We shall never know.

The others lurk around the general forums and talk about their daily things. From Justice Knights to knight Captains, the general sub species is a varied race. Sometimes, the members from the other areas pop in. They are welcomed into the pack.

The Alpha Female simply known as the S'wit sleeps in her cave. It is that time of the year again. After stockpiling her sweetrolls for the winter, she will sleep untill Spring. The others regard her as a mamma bear and respect her privacy. They will defend her to the death from would be intruders. Even Musicman would not dare to intrude.

But we are about to experience a very rare occasion. The founder of the UESPF visits the pack and silently observes. They call him Daveh and worship him as some form of god. Or prehaps they fear him. It is unknown.

Next week on Forum Watch, I, Sir Dovah Attensweetroll shall observe the community of Youtube.

Just about made it, i think. Nothing is meant for it and it's all meant in good fun.

Last edited by The SheoDovah on Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:51 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind Oblivion Skyrim
Platform: Xbox PC
Other Profiles: willsg (Xbox live) wgrenter (Steam)
I love it Dovah!

Because you're so popular!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:55 pm 

Thanks. Will be interesting to see who wins this month.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:31 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

All right, everyone, the last entry has been taken and the competition is on like Donkey Kong! Good luck to all the entries and thank you for participating in UESP's birthday bash!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:36 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I honestly don't care if I win or not. I already won last month.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:50 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Oblivion and Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360
Other Profiles: TopHatKittyKat
How could I not vote for Dovah? That's too funny! I love those "natural habitat" parodies. :lol: I just don't know the people enough to write one.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:30 pm 

The members of the UESPF gather around the thread simply known as Competition of the Month. THey observe the enteries that lie before them and start voting for it. The tea party mod known as Dohvakiin2012 watches as the members choose their favourite entry. It seems to be an ancient tradition dating back to the Mythic Era. Every month, a new addition is created but for what purpose? Is it to keep the pack entertained? A ritual to please the dominant male known as Musicman? We shall never know. It seems to be very close at this point in time. The very last Dovah is joint first place with the Skyrim Player. They stare at each other and seem to be trying to intimidate the other into withdrawing. The last Dovah seems to be very surprised that it has 5 votes and it seems that a rare thing is happening. It will be very close. The Winner gets the honour of wearing a purple pelt and it serves to inform the others that they have been chosen.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:11 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

UESPoints: 6
Vote for Skyrimplayer.
Hidden:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:34 pm 

The creature known as Skyrimplayer tries to convince the others to vote for him by offering coins. The others look at him. It seems they are mentally debating whether to accept the coins or not. Skyrimplayer looks on as he waits for them to make a decision. By doing this, he has prompted the Last Dovah to respond with a documentary style post in an attempt to keep his lead. But will it work? Join me on the next episode of Forum Watch:COTM special. I'm Sir Dovah Attensweetroll and I hope you will all tune in.