UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:10 am

All times are UTC

Which Joke Do You Like Best?
Musicman 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
AddictedtoMorrowind 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Archer 26%  26%  [ 8 ]
unokitsune 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
VirtualWeasel 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
p-sto 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Imp 16%  16%  [ 5 ]
>EnterUsernameHere< 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
all_freed 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Arch-Mage Matt 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Zephyr 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
dzio 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
BetaB17 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Skyrimplayer 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
MadAndyD 19%  19%  [ 6 ]
Mars 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
Thelastdovah 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
DikaSmausha 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
JDinklageMorgoone 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ConsoleWedding 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 31
 Post subject: Competition of the Month ~ June Edition!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:00 pm 
Master
Master

ES Games: TES II-III-IV-V
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
Welcome one and all to the Competition of the Month!

These monthly competitions are a chance for you to demonstrate your creativity and talents while getting a chance to know your fellow members and have a little fun. Each month is going to have a different theme and a different talent – and maybe a surprise or two! But only one member can wear the purple coins and fancy title of CotM Winner! Do you have what it takes?

The basic rules are as follows:
Hidden:
» Members can contribute pieces based on the talent (writing, art, screenshots, etc.) and theme during the submission period, after which no further entries will be accepted. Then we will vote via a poll to see who gets to wear that month’s winner’s badge!

» If you are posting artwork, please post a link from an off-forum website such as Photobucket; if you are posting a written piece, please hide it under a spoiler when creating a new post. This is to ensure that posts are not too long and the thread appears orderly for everyone. If you are unsure how to do either of these, don’t be afraid to ask!

» Be respectful and polite about your fellow members’ work. Anyone who says anything rude about another’s work will be hearing from a member of the Mod Squad and may not be allowed to participate in the next competition. There is no such thing as “good” or “bad,” and everyone has a unique way of demonstrating his or her talents. Enjoy the variety!

» All members are welcome to join, including moderators. Don’t forget that we’re members, too!

Ah, June! It's starting to look a lot like Summer! Or Winter. There's today's Northern Hemisphere Chauvinism, out of the way. Well, whether it's getting warmer or cooler, it's a time for happiness, a time for laughter! It's time for the June CotM! This month's CotM will hopefully be a lot of fun for everyone: Participants will create a strongly TES themed, lore-friendly joke (as in, it must be a joke that could be told by one inhabitant of Tamriel to another) and the one that voters find to be the funniest shall prevail!
A good place to find inspiration comes from the famed author Butha Sunhous, in his Daggerfall-era compendium of TES-themed Jokes!

Our schedule for the June event is as follows:
June 2: Competition begins! Start planning and send in those submissions!
June 26 - 29: Voting period – vote for your favorites!
June 30: Our winner is announced!
Please note that all times are determined by me, Avron the S’wit Elteekins! <3, and therefore will run according to GMT -5/Eastern Standard Time. (Click here if you’re unsure when, exactly, that is!)

Remember that the CotM is not possible without you, so please participate, contribute, discuss, and vote!

(This fun event is hosted by the mod team. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them within this thread or by sending us a PM by selecting the appropriate button below any of our signatures. Have some suggestions on what you'd like to see? Head over to the ideas thread and join in on the discussion!)

Post subject: Re: Competition of the Month ~ June Edition!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:24 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, PC, STD
Other Profiles: Gamertag: MightyGo0dLeadr
UESPoints: 15
I'll kick it off with a terrible joke.

A female Argonian walks up to a handsome male Argonian and says, "Have I got a tail for you!"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:25 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

UESPoints: 4
Hidden:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:20 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Platform: Xbox 360, PC(Morrowind, Skyrim)
UESPoints: 1
Hidden:
Two Orcs were out hunting far from their stronghold. After several days, one Orc told his friend 'I haven't had a bowel movement in so long, I think I'm going to burst!' The second Orc replied 'Well why not?'. 'I'm afraid a bear will attack me, and you know as well as I do, I won't be able to defend myself in a squat.' The first Orc answered.'How about this, I'll finish cleaning this elk while you go take care of business.' The first Orc knew he had to go, so he nodded and stumbled off into the forest. After a while, the second Orc got an idea. He should place the guts of the elk under his buddy as a good prank. So he crept quietly up to his buddy and did the deed. After a few hours of waiting back at camp, he saw the first Orc come stumbling out of the forest in obvious distress. Trying to contain his laughter, the second Orc asks 'What happened?'. The first Orc replied 'I literally [&@%!] my guts out! But with a long stick, and Malacaths mercy, I managed to get them all back in there.'

Last edited by Archer on Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:03 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
UESPoints: 14
^ :lol:

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:03 pm 
Master
Master

ES Games: TES II-III-IV-V
I'm guffawing like a fool at that one, Archer. XD

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:12 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Platform: Xbox 360, PC(Morrowind, Skyrim)
UESPoints: 1
Thanks :) I actually adapted it off of an old joke my dad told me once.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:30 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Elder Scrolls Online
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Behnjymyn, Origin: Behnjymyn
Hmm. Have a lovely pun, but I need to polish the set-up...

See an inappropriate post or topic? Click the report button. [ ! ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:34 am 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Oblivion collectors Edition& GOTY. Skyrim Collector's Edition
Platform: XBOX 360
From Cyrodil came two imperial bandit brothers, who grew up to become master thieves, saboteurs, master of disguises and all around ladie’s men womanizers. They joined neither guild of thieves or assassins, preferring only instead to hop around from bandit crew to bandit crew. When denied their take or not enough, they would team up together and make a mockery of the crew which almost always left the crew disbanded and in shackles, sending several bandit criminals to the dungeons and jail cells of varies cities and towns. Oh sure the brothers left each bandit crew angry, and even more became most weary. But the brothers would constantly change their identity, their true face always a mystery. Over time their legend grew, and many tales of drama they did brew. Their greatest conquest was of the fair Maiden Leilah, and left her as the deflowered Imperial Legion Commander’s daughter. Ever since they couldn’t help but laugh and giggle, even in the face of death which they somehow out-wiggled.

So confident they became in their wit, that they challenged the Grey Fox and called him a Git. This in turn became the beginning of the end, for the Grey Fox himself could reality bend! A plan was devised and yet we can only surmise but eventually it was enacted. Taking a reading from The Locked Room, the decision was made to recreate that lock. Only the lock was for no door, but a set of shackles we hope to see once more. From Master Thieves and with two keys, the iron shackles were created, and then from there, a challenge made. The brothers were challenged to wear these shackles and the first to break free would win Leilah’s hand. When they brothers heard of the challenge, they laughed and sang and upped the stakes, for they would accept this challenge only when both were drunk. Intoxicated with the ale, they met the man on the hill. He cuffed the two together, and told him this was how they would remain forever. The boys laughed and thought they could pick the lock. Both were master locksmiths, and both had gotten out of similar debacles before.

However the man said they would need the key, and that there were only two. One was around his neck, the others he left in the flowers of blue. So confident were the brothers that they kicked away the key. The man secretly smiled at the brothers, and to the Imperial city guard tower he fled. The bandits confidence soon turned sour, as they failed to free themselves hour by the hour. Eventually the sun turned to clouds of rain, and the brothers’ stomach growled in pain. They searched high and low but they couldn’t find the key, yet they both smiled, with one new trick they could be free! They disguised themselves only once more, both as prisoners of the war. To the Imperial City Guard Tower they went, and had all but one convinced as they wept. They spun a grand tale, of how they were strapped and bound, until finally shackled and tethered all around. The lone guard said they were pathetic, and they couldn’t outmatch The Brothers of Havoc. This was the name you see given to the Brothers of their Prime, and the man praised the brother’s for their many crimes. He posed only as a friend, in a lone cell, and that’s when both brothers began to tell their tale. When they got to Leilah, they laughed and giggled, and then laughed even harder at the Thieves Guild Master.

When the tales were finished, the man was impressed. He then took out the second and last key. As he reached his hand out to them for them to take it, he instead threw it in a cell. The brothers wailed and yelled, and ran into the cell to take the key. That’s when they heard the slamming of the door and a click, for they were now trapped you see. And that’s when they saw it, the Illusion began to falter. For they had admitted to all their wrong doings in front of all the guard and Leilah’s father. As for the key in the cell, it was a fake and melted away, for the real one now was on a hook and out of the way. As for the man who trapped them there, he was paid a hefty sum. Then while out on the waterfront, and away from everyone, he removed his hood and revealed his mask, for the Grey Fox had the last laugh!

Camp Half Blood: Primordial Duet. Accepting

Click for a look at TES animated emoticons =3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:46 am 
Master
Master

ES Games: I-V + DLC
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
UESPoints: 4
My official entry:
Your mother looks like Malacath.

Last edited by VirtualWeasel on Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:45 am 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Morrowind, Skyrim
I'm going to play off what seems to be a theme in TES.
Hidden:
A powerful Jarl long ago was looking for a new court mage. Applying to him came three mages, a pyromancer, a conjurer and a necromancer. The Jarl looked over these mages and said in a booming voice. "My domain is overrun with undead. The one of you that can propose a solution to this problem will be my court mage."

The pyromancer approached first and said. "My Jarl, the solution is simple. All we have to do is burn out this undead infestation and they will all be gone."

The Jarl looked at the pyromancer and replied. "This cannot be done. The undead scourge walks through the streets and in the fields, my people would lose everything to the flames."

Then the conjurer spoke up and said. "My Jarl, I have a much more elegant solution. I will summon atronachs and they will dispose of these undead."

The Jarl shook his head and said. "The people fear daedra and it will cause panic in the streets." Turning to the third mage the Jarl said. "And you mage what solution do you propose."

The necromancer looking back at the Jarl replied. "Well first we should assess how much of a problem you really have. How many of these undead are female?"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:52 am 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

Good one chaps^_^

I just remembered a good one>_> I was originally planning on using it as a riddle for a thread..

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:02 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 7
Are people only doing jokes?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:03 pm 
Goatmom/Moderator
Goatmom/Moderator

UESPoints: 88
Eltee wrote:
Participants will create a strongly TES themed, lore-friendly joke (as in, it must be a joke that could be told by one inhabitant of Tamriel to another) and the one that voters find to be the funniest shall prevail!

My entry is still in the making.

On company time

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:08 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 7
Ahh, so yes. Gods I'm terrible at jokes so I'll wait for the next competition. :) Good luck everyone!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:16 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

So am I but like it hurts to try>_<

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:28 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox/PC
Maybe participating in the Competition of the Month will help me do forums a bit more.

Spoiler:
An Altmer, Khajiit, and an Imperial were vacationing. They decided to go to the top of Red Mountain. As they were walking together, a rock gave out and they started to fall.

The Altmer used a levitation spell and wasn’t harmed, floating back up.

The Khajiit was able quickly grab on to a stone and wall jump the rest of the way down, and was not harmed, landing perfectly.

The Imperial tried to persuade the ground to not kill him.

If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near- Sun Tzu

When you aim for perfection, you discover it's a moving target

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:48 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Morrowind, Skyrim
Haha, simple yet elegant, Imp.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:22 pm 
Novice
Novice

Platform: Xbox 360, Xbox One
Nice one Imp.

Here is my entry.

Spoiler:

Last edited by >EnterUsernameHere< on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:34 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Platform: PC, PS3
UESPoints: 2
Hahahaha! These are good!

I'll try to do one too:

Hidden:
Allies of the Aldmeri Dominion gather at an exhibition displaying art from all three cultures. An Altmer, a Bosmer, and a Khajiit study an abstract painting done by an unknown artist.

Altmer: Obviously, it represents the fire and steel of the Aldmeri Dominion remaking this world!
Bosmer: There's a beast of a feast and all I want is the meat.
Khajiit: This one needs more sugar first.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:38 pm 
Master
Master

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, Daggerfall
Platform: PC, Xbox
Hidden:
An ugly old man, a heretic, and a dictator walk into a tavern. The innkeep says, "What can I get for you, Mistress Elenwen?"

Brought to you by the Sons of Skyrim

Hi! I am a UESPF Moderator and you can PM me with any concerns you have, no matter how trivial. You can also use the report button - a feature that draws attention to a certain post and allows us to offer our own input.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:53 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Other Profiles: Xbox: SargentLipton35
Haha these are incredible. I must think of one.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:38 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Skyrim: DG, HF, DB
Eltee wrote:
A good place to find inspiration comes from the famed author Butha Sunhous, in his Daggerfall-era compendium of TES-themed Jokes!

Those are brilliant. :lol:

My attempt:
Spoiler:
What do you call an Altmer vampire?
Thalmor.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:52 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
This competition needs a knock knock joke.

Spoiler:
- Knock, knock!
- Who's there?
- An Interrupting Watchman.
- An Interr...
- Stop right there, criminal scum!

Rule #137: Always waste time when you don't have any.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:58 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Other Profiles: Xbox: SargentLipton35
See, I would have never thought of that. I consider myself funny, but not like making jokes, more of just in the moment things.