UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Taters Spins a Yarn! - A Literature Request Thread
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:49 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Elder Scrolls Online
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Behnjymyn, Origin: Behnjymyn
UESPoints: 0
So I've decided I want to start writing in earnest, and that's where you all come in. I want you to want me to write you a story! Was that confusing?

So, what happens is you give me some basic information, and I write you a short story. For now, let's stick within the ES universe, mmkay? Now, obviously, I can't be writing eighty gazillion stories at once, so I'll probably let some idea submissions come in, pick one of them, then close submissions until I'm finished, 4) Rinse, 5) Repeat. So, here's what I want from you, at minimum:

Main Characters: Race, general appearance, basic personality, etc. Names are optional, but if you have an idea, by all means, use it.
Relationships: How are the characters related(or not related)? This is basically so I don't accidentally write a story where characters hook up who are actually siblings or something.
General Setting: What time period? What part of Tamriel(and please, confine yourselves to Tamriel)?
Plot Points: Are we fighting dragons or running a shop? Is there a war? Are we involved in it?

Optional Parameters:

If you have more specific ideas, why aren't you writing your own story?! But, seriously, if you want something a bit more customized, by all means, let me know.

Finally, yes, I realize none of you have ever really seen me write, but don't let that stop you - I promise I'm good. :wink:

See an inappropriate post or topic? Click the report button. [ ! ]

Post subject: Re: Taters Spins a Yarn! - A Literature Request Thread
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:07 pm 
Global Wiki Admin
Global Wiki Admin

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO All DLC
Platform: PC
Other Profiles: AKB (Doppelgänger)
UESPoints: 4985
I'd like a story expanding on the back story of Mazoga the Orc. For Mogens and Mazoga characteristics, just look at their articles on the wiki (Mazoga and Mogens). I want to say that Ra'vindra is a male Khajiit who is trying to break away from the criminal underworld. He should be a bit pleasant and definitely caring towards Mazoga (enough to get an Orc to care for him), but clearly troubled by his relationship to criminals like Mogens Wind-Shifter.

The main relationships should of course the ones between Mazoga the Orc with Ra'vindra and Mogens-Wind Shifter, with them being besties and enemies respectively.

The setting should be sometime before the Oblivion Crisis in Cyrodiil in some city. For fun, let's say Kvatch. The plot should start out with Mazoga and Ra'vindra living in Kvatch. Ra'vindra runs into Mogens and his gang and is troubled by it (eventually going to the guards). The guards fail to apprehend Mogens, and Ra'vindra is killed for revenge. After this, Mazoga should decide to leave Kvatch and start on the path to becoming a knight to bring Mogens Wind-Shifter to justice. The story should end with her in or heading to Leyawiin, hot on Mogens trail.

I don't care if you don't want to use it for whatever reason. Not sure if you only wanted OC or if you wouldn't mind working on some of the more interesting character's unvisited back stories.

Thought for the day:

Success teaches us nothing; only failure teaches.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]