UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:29 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Myers-Briggs Personality Types
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:36 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Other Profiles: discord: @inr#2535
UESPoints: 10
I don't think anyone really takes the results seriously. They're only a bit of fun, really.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:07 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 7
ENFP, as with every time I take the test.

Strength of individual traits: E - 60%, N - 12%, F - 64%, P - 44%.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:34 pm 
Champion
Champion

UESPoints: 0
Elune wrote:
ENFP, as with every time I take the test.

Veck wrote:
I got ENFP. Extroverted master race reporting for duty.

If I could smiley I would do it right now.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:06 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Morrowind, Bloodmoon, Tribunal, Oblivion, Knights of the Nine, Shivering Isles, Skyrim, Dawnguard, Hearthstone, Dragonborn
INTJ here, as with every time I've taken an MBTI test.

Here's some fun, if nobody's posted it: See which celebrities and historical figures share your type, and for what reason.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:42 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: Battlespire, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends
UESPoints: 7
We were talking about this in chat tonight, so I took it.

I am ISTJ:
Introversion - 67%, Sensing - 2%, Thinking - 13%, Judging - 11%

I took it once before and got the same, though I think Introversion was higher and Thinking was slightly lower.
The page describing the personality type seems to fit me very well (better than the page for the similar INTJ) - the strengths/weaknesses bullet points in particular:

Hidden:
Quote:
ISTJ strengths

* Jacks of all trades. ISTJ personalities tend to be very observant and good with facts. They often know something about everything and that internal encyclopedia often proves to be very useful in challenging situations.
* Strong-willed and dutiful. ISTJs are willing to work very hard to make sure that they fulfill all their obligations. People with this personality type are patient and determined individuals who always keep the end goal in sight.
* Very responsible. A promise means everything to an ISTJ. They would rather work overtime and lose sleep than fail to deliver the result that someone else is expecting. ISTJ personalities also tend to be extremely loyal, putting their duties above everything else.
* Good at creating and enforcing order. ISTJs loathe chaos and always seek to come up with some kind of structure or a set or rules, regardless of what they do. They also do not shy away from enforcing the existing regulations and have zero tolerance for rule breakers.
* Calm and practical. ISTJ personalities very rarely lose their temper, always approaching things from a calm and rational perspective. They believe that emotions should not be part of the decision-making process and always have their feet firmly on the ground. Not surprisingly, this also makes ISTJs quite resistant to criticism (in most situations).
* Honest and direct. ISTJs strongly dislike mind games, reading between the lines and emotional manipulation. They do not mince their words and prefer an inconvenient truth over a reassuring lie.

ISTJ weaknesses

* Stubborn. ISTJs often find it difficult to accept a different opinion, especially if it is not based on easily verifiable facts. They also tend to be reluctant to accept changes or acknowledge that they were wrong, especially if that affects their lifestyle or habits.
* Insensitive. ISTJ personalities prefer logic over emotions and often see the latter as irrational and distracting. Consequently, they may unknowingly hurt people who are more sensitive (e.g. Feeling (F) types).
* Judgmental. From the ISTJ’s perspective, facts are all that matters. If someone is unwilling to accept those facts or simply does not know them, the ISTJ may find it difficult to respect that individual, especially if they refuse to acknowledge that their opinion is wrong.
* Always by the book. People with the ISTJ personality type like having a clear set of rules and guidelines – however, this often results in them being reluctant to bend those rules or try something new. As already mentioned above, ISTJs cannot stand chaos and may feel lost and vulnerable in an unfamiliar, unstructured environment.
* May often unreasonably blame themselves. Their strong sense of duty often makes it difficult for ISTJs to relax and stop overloading themselves with work. Sooner or later, the workload becomes unbearable and then the ISTJ may feel terrible for failing to fulfill what they see as their duty.

Twitch channel: Offline

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:44 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC, Xbox 360
INTJ with slight hints of ENTJ-ness.

So my career options are king or wizard, basically.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:54 am 
Goatmom/Moderator
Goatmom/Moderator

UESPoints: 88
Just realised I never took the test Cam posted. Well:

Introverted (I) 75% Extraverted (E) 25%
Intuitive (N) 64% Sensing (S) 36%
Feeling (F) 85% Thinking (T) 15%
Perceiving (P) 91% Judging (J) 9%

Hidden:
• Devoted and loyal
• Have strong values
• Warmly interested in others
• Service oriented, often putting the needs of others before theirs.
• Future and growth orientated, constantly wanting to grow in a positive direction
• Complex, creative, sensitive and inspirational
• Easy going and flexible, except when a ruling principle is violated
• Do not like working with details and routine work
• Original and individual - "thinking out of the box"
• Very good written communications
• Prefer working alone, possibly can have problems working in teams
• High value on authentic and deep relationships
• Want to be appreciated and seen for who you are

On company time

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:31 pm 
Master
Master

ES Games: I-V + DLC
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
UESPoints: 4
I took the one Cam posted as well and came out with much more accurate results than when I took the 16 Personalities test:

Hidden:
Introverted (I) 93% Extraverted (E) 7%
Intuitive (N) 73% Sensing (S) 27%
Feeling (F) 55% Thinking (T) 45%
Perceiving (P) 95% Judging (J) 5%

Curiously enough, we got pretty similar results.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:34 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion with all add ons, Skyrim SE
Platform: Xbox 360
Other Profiles: Xbox Live: FR Avenged Steam: Sav
Took the test Cam posted.

Hidden:
Introverted (I) 96% Extraverted (E) 4%
Intuitive (N) 55% Sensing (S) 45%
Feeling (F) 85% Thinking (T) 15%
Perceiving (P) 82% Judging (J) 18%
INFP – Idealists and Dreamers

Hidden:
Devoted ad loyal
• Have strong values
• Warmly interested in others
• Service oriented, often putting the needs of others before theirs.
• Future and growth orientated, constantly wanting to grow in a positive direction
• Complex, creative, sensitive and inspirational
• Easy going and flexible, except when a ruling principle is violated
• Do not like working with details and routine work
• Original and individual - "thinking out of the box"
• Very good written communications
• Prefer working alone, possibly can have problems working in teams
• High value on authentic and deep relationships
• Want to be appreciated and seen for who you are

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:26 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
I've taken it. And here is my result. ENFP.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:49 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
VirtualWeasel, I wonder if you think that because the percentages are displayed differently. The lowest score in the test that Cam posted is >50%, where as the lowest score in the test that I posted is >0%. Essentially, Cam's test is saying, "You are an X because you are more than 50% X." where as my test is saying, "You are N% into the X spectrum." Same thing, just displayed differently.

In the test that I posted, you said that you were a INTP. You didn't post percentages, but you said that you were "barely" a T. In Cam's test, you were an INFP, but even though it says 55% F, the test that I posted would display that as a 10% F (10% into the F spectrum). Point being, in one test you were "barely" a T and in the other you were barely an F. Of course, if you feel like INFP is more accurate, then go with it (regardless of what either test says), but perhaps the difference between the test results was smaller than you originally thought.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:51 am 
Master
Master

ES Games: I-V + DLC
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
UESPoints: 4
INTP vs. INFP is a bit in the middle for me, as far as I'm concerned I'm in the middle of those two, but I certainly identify better with the INFP, personality-wise.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:39 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Other Profiles: discord: @inr#2535
UESPoints: 10
Took Cams. It seems a lot less sure of my ENTP-ness this time - though I'd definitely declare ENTP given the chance; I've read the others:

Extraverted (E) 71%
Intuitive (N) 55%
Thinking (T) 50%
Perceiving (P) 73%

Hidden:
Quote:
ENTP strengths:

Quick thinkers: ENTP personalities find it easy to come up with arguments and counterarguments in any discussion, jumping from one idea to another without much effort. They also enjoy being devil’s advocates.
Very knowledgeable: ENTPs enjoy learning new things and accumulating knowledge. They tend to be very successful in the academic environment, especially where there is a need for original and bold solutions.
Excellent brainstormers: People with this personality type can easily see both sides of the coin and do not get emotionally attached to a specific viewpoint or an idea. They simply enjoy the process of looking for possible solutions.
Original: ENTPs are not afraid to experiment and suggest ideas that are unconventional or even drastic. They are especially well suited for coming up with novel solutions for historical, systemic problems.
Charismatic: Quick-witted and confident ENTPs tend to also be charming and popular, intriguing and attracting people around them.
Energetic: ENTP personalities can be very enthusiastic and energetic if something excites them. They can spend ages looking for a solution to an interesting problem.

ENTP weaknesses:

Very argumentative: ENTPs enjoy debates and see them as mental exercises – this attitude can easily upset more sensitive or stability-oriented types.
Insensitive: ENTP personalities are very rational, which is likely to make it difficult for them to recognize other people’s feelings or express their own.
May find it difficult to focus: ENTPs’ mind is used to jumping from one interesting idea to another – they may have difficulties staying focused on one specific topic.
Dislike practical matters: ENTPs are more interested in ideas and solutions than practical, daily matters. They may have no difficulties coming up with the perfect plan, but are likely to be far less interested in actually putting it in place, checking all the details etc.
May be intolerant: ENTP personalities may sometimes be intolerant and dismissive, especially when they have to deal with people who try to avoid debates or cannot defend their ideas.
Get bored quickly: ENTPs need to feel excited – routine tasks bore and frustrate them. They may even come up with imaginative problems or start suggesting unnecessary improvements, just to keep their mind occupied.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:03 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360/one
UESPoints: 14
For Moe's test, I got ISFJ.

Introverted 53%, Sensing 2%, Feeling 5%, Judging 16%

(Amusing 'famous' ISFJs - Dr Watson from Sherlock Holmes and Samwise Gamgee from LotR) :)

For Cam's test, i got ISFP.
Hidden:
Introverted (I) 93%
Sensing (S) 55%
Feeling (F) 55%
Perceiving (P) 55%

ISFP – Artists

Career relevant traits:
• Like a slower pace to have time to savour the present 
• Do no like abstract thought or theory, except when you see a practical application 
• Faithful and loyal to people and ideas which are important to them 
• Individualistic, having no desire to lead or follow 
• Have close bond with children and animals 
• Service-oriented; they´re driven to help others 
• Usually original and unconventional 
• Learn best with hands-on training 
• Strongly dislike confining schedules and regimens 
• Require freedom and space to do things your own way 
• Do not like mundane, routine tasks, but will do them if necessary 

Warm, sympathetic, sensitive, quiet and reserved, you likely have an affinity for aesthetics and beauty. Keenly aware of how things look, feel, smell, sound and taste, you have an appreciation for the arts that likely makes you one yourself, in one way or another. You live with strong personal morals and will likely put your efforts towards achieving your own personal goals. 
Having an appreciation for nature and beauty, you are most likely an animal lover. Your powers of perception are keenly aware, and this enables you to be penetratingly accurate in your perceptions of others. 
Because you genuinely care about others you are service orientated and have a desire to please. Although you keep your ideas close to you, and hold back your opinions, you are more likely to show your love through actions rather than words. 
You are a very special individual who requires a career to be more than just a job. The standard and usual way things are done does not likely create an environment where you will be fulfilled and content. You need to have a career which is consistent with your strong core of inner values. Since you prefer to live in the present, and to take the time to savour it, you do not do well with more fast-paced corporate work-places. 
You require a great deal of space and freedom if you are going to function in your natural realm of acute sensory awareness. If you give free reign to your natural abilities, you may find a wonderful artist within yourself. Almost every major artist in the world has been an ISFP. Being an ISFP makes you so acutely aware of people´s feelings and reactions, and is driven by your inner values to help people, you could also be a natural counsellor and teacher. 

Got a mix of related careers, non of which r my own. Got things like nurse, psychologist, artist and oddly, a carpenter?

Last edited by Aarah on Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:42 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind Oblivion Skyrim
Platform: Xbox PC
Other Profiles: willsg (Xbox live) wgrenter (Steam)
Been a while since I did this so I did Cam's.
Got INTJ.
Hidden:
Introverted (I) 100% Extraverted (E) 0%
Intuitive (N) 59% Sensing (S) 41%
Thinking (T) 95% Feeling (F) 5%
Judging (J) 55% Perceiving (P) 45%
INTJ – Scientists and Strategists

Career relevant traits:
• Can absorb highly complex theories and material
• Strive to create structure from theoretical abstractions
• Brilliant strategists
• Strong insights and intuitions, which are trusted implicitly
• Enjoy difficult theoretical challenges
• Bored with mundane routine tasks
• Calm, collected and analytical
• Very logical and rational
• Original, creative, independent, ingenious and resourceful
• Natural leader, but will follow if you can fully support the person and plans
• Prefer to work alone and better at doing so.

More than the other personality types, you are brilliant at grasping complex concepts and applying them to problems to create with long-term strategies. Since this type of "strategizing" is your central focus and drive, there is a good match between desire and ability. Being an INTJ you will be happy and most effective in careers which allow this type of processing, and which promote an environment in which you are given a lot of autonomy over your work and life.
You dislike messiness and inefficiency, and anything that is muddled or unclear. You value clarity and efficiency, and will put enormous amounts of energy and time into consolidating your insights into structured patterns.
Other people may find you reserved and at times detached. It is not that you are without caring, but just that you don’t need, or have the desire to express it, or receive it as much as other personalty types. People may incorrectly believe you are rigid or set in your ways, but this is far from the truth, as you seek ways to implement the best strategies for your ideas and are quite open to hearing an alternative way of doing something.
As an INTJ, you are an ambitious, self-confident, deliberate, long-range thinker. Like other INTJs you could well end up in engineering or scientific pursuits, although some find enough challenge within the business world in areas which involve organizing and strategic planning.

Because you're so popular!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:23 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

INFP, in both tests:

Spoiler:
Your personality type: INFP.
Strength of individual traits: Introversion - 24%, Intuition - 53%, Feeling - 29%, Prospecting - 38%.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:51 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim, Morrowind
Took the test. I'm an ESTJ.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5