UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Paperdoll & inventory graphics fixes [OBSOLETE]
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:08 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

UESPoints: 1
UDPATE FROM 2023/04/05: A new version of this fix is available here: Vanilla Paperdoll & Inventory Fixes 2.0

It is probably no secret that there are quite a few issues with how character clothes and armour sets are displayed in Daggerfall. One of the most obvious things are palette glitches with certain female human armour pieces. In fact, the human clothes and armour (including the non-transparent chain mail in question) were developed later, as the date stamps on the respective texture files suggest (the retail versions most likely have lost original date stamps in the process of CD burning, but Bethesda's Internet demo version retains the date stamps).

The wrong colours on the chain mail are only one of the problems with clothes sets in Daggerfall though. It appears that at some point, female characters of all races had the Argonian clothes set (evidence for this can be found in the early demo v0.1), even though elves and humans both share a body shape that is completely different from that of Argonians, and even the Khajit female body shape is slightly different as well. The developers partially fixed this discrepancy with human clothes and armour, but those are not used for the elven females (in spite of the body shapes of human and elven female characters being identical), and also have other problems.

I've attempted to clean up the glitches in the clothes and armour sets by fixing the palette, realigning the images and introducing (mostly) minor edits where necessary. I guess I've missed some issues here and there but the most glaring ones have been fixed. Here are some examples for comparison:
Spoiler:
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

To install, simply unpack the archive contents into the ARENA2 folder and overwrite old files where necessary.

The following editors were used to modify the game files: ANDYPIC, GrafX2.

Last edited by MrFlibble on Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:06 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Character clothes, armour & weapons fix
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:02 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

I've updated the archive to include fixes for male character clothes sets too. Female clothes were reworked a bit as well, especially the cloaks. The new fix file (df_clothes_fix.zip) can be downloaded here.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Post subject: Re: Female character clothes, armour & weapons fix
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:04 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

The fix has been updated and now additionally addresses several issues with inventory items:
Image Image

Also included in the archive is now a readme file that documents all changes in the graphics made by the fix.

The new version is uploaded here, where you can also read the change log. I had to pack the files with 7-Zip because of attachment size limitations, but a regular ZIP version is available here.

Post subject: Re: Graphics fixes for clothes, weapons, armour & items
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:16 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

A few more fixes have been added to the patch. A detailed discussion of the changes can be found here.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:51 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Oblivion
Platform: PC
Other Profiles: Elvovo
UESPoints: 0
wow this is great the latest update.
this is I waiting for the new version :lol:
thanks for the update & God Bless...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:36 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
I guess, format of description of daggerfall inventory items is already known. How do you feel about changing sprite of chain boots/gauntlets? Now they share images with plate boots/gauntlets an has silver color, so almost indistinguishable from elven boots/gauntlets. Can you draw real chain boots/gauntlets and make chain boots/gauntlets use that image?
Also chain and leather helmets. Right now they use different sprites and none of them looks like either chain or leather helmet. I'm sure, chain helmet must look like those knight NPCs use:
Can you draw chain helm like that one and make Daggerfall use it? Also, draw something, which looks like a leather helmet and make leather helmet use it?