UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:16 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Social Media Page Suggestion Box
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:24 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: All of them!
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 5
Imagine that you're given a microphone and put in front of a crowd of folks who love UESP. Or, okay, you're scared of crowds and you can't keep a straight face because you see them all in your underwear. Imagine you're with a few friends who like UESP and use the site, but aren't necessarily familiar with it. Or imagine you get to hang out with a lot of cool UESP users!

It's your chance to share with them something cool - your favorite forum topic, a cool wiki page, maybe even that one you just finished editing. You got the answers to their questions. You know your way around the console. You're UESP suave. So you show them your favorite thing, and they think it's sweet. Then you all do epic high fives and what not. Because that's how you roll.

That's sort of what it's like to be involved with UESP's Social Media Pages (aka our SMPs)! Each day UESP users just like you share screenshots, articles, and cool forum topics with folks on Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ under the UESP banner, and help players by answering questions about TES games or information. It's a lot of fun and takes creativity and know how!

But we need some help and suggestions, too! Got a favorite wiki page or lore topic? Maybe you have some great screenshots to share. Or you can help with console questions. We want you! Please feel free to use this topic to give suggestions, ask questions, or volunteer to help out! I'm looking for great content suggestions, folks who'd like to get involved with posting or answering questions, or just want to throw your own content up with fans!

Frequently Asked SMP Questions

• Who works on the SMPs?
    The SMPs are currently led by a cool group of folks! Avron the S'wit heads the Facebook and Google+ pages; Damon run the Twitter; and user Velyanthe runs the Tumblr. The Silencer helped Avron and Dave set up the pages and helps out as our backup webmaster when someone's away!

• Who are the SMPs for?
    The SMPs are for both registered members of the UESP community and for non-registered fans who use the UESP for information. We get a lot of questions asked over the SMPs about game updates, bugs, glitches, and quest info, just like at the forums and the wiki - but anyone can ask questions there, even without logging in!

• You say you want suggestions. What exactly are you looking for?
    Anything that is UESP home grown and fun, really! We share wiki Main Page news, Featured Images and Articles, and like to share different wiki pages and forum discussions with users. The problem is finding great pages in a wiki that has over 25,000 - that's a lot of searching! Maybe you're a wiki editor who's just finished working a useful new page or there's a page you think should be highlighted. We could use those! Or maybe you think there's a really great question poised as a forum discussion that others would want to talk about. We could use those, too! Got a cool screenshot that wasn't featured as the Featured Image on the wiki, or a screenshot you think is really cool? Yup, you guessed it - we could use those, too! You'll be credited for anything you submit and share, too!

• I got suggestions! How else can I be involved?
    We frequently get questions about game play, glitches, quests, and wiki errors and downtime. If you're a user who knows a lot about a certain area and is willing to be contacted to help answer tough questions like these, let us know! In addition, we're looking to create a SMP team of webmasters who would be willing to volunteer to post content. Love wiki news and know exactly when it's out? Why not post it! Love Bethesda updates and want to share them with the world? Help us share those, too! If there's something you're great at, you can help foster it on our SMPs!

And, of course, we want your thoughts on how to better reach the UESP audience! What fun things do you think folks in and/or outside of our community would like?

• I don't necessarily want to post and I don't have suggestions, but how else can I help out?
    Feel free to share the SMP materials: like our Facebook posts, +1 our Google+ posts, retweet those Tweets and reblog those great Tumblr images! Help spread the word. Or, just follow us! We're posting for your fun, too!

(Sorry if this is not subforum appropriate, I literally have no idea where to put "site" issues! Hehe.)

"[...] for the lives of gods are not what mortals think and matters that weigh only years to mortals weigh on gods forever."
The Tribunal Temple, Nerevar at Red Mountain

Find the S'wit:
ESO PC-NA: @Avron | Legends: nosoundcomes

Post subject: Re: Social Media Page Suggestion Box
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:54 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
If you do end up recruiting volunteers for webmasters on the social pages, I will volunteer and help out with the Facebook page whenever i can. I won't be able to record videos or take screenshots but if UESPers and Forumers submit photos to the Social Team, i'll upload them. But that's enough about it. Just contact me via PM if you do end up wanting people to help run it.

We could have monthly community events in ESO. One month, we try to take over the Imperial city as a site. The next, we do silly things etc.. We could have themed weeks on Facebook. One week, we post Daedric prince lore and run something like the COTM but without the promise of purple coins. The next, Aedra ones.