UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:59 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

Vote for your favorite Quote
Poll ended at Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:07 am
Kerr(& Unionhack) 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Cassandra(& Kerr) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
BetaB17(& Pilaf The Defiler) 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
Alarra(& Baloth-Kul) 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 6
 Post subject: Post of the Month - 2016 Edition!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:42 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
UESPoints: 14
Welcome one and all to the Post of the Month - 2016 Edition!

Guess what people of UESP, that's right :D We got something new here to share with ya! Behold the all new PoTM! Have you ever wondered what it would look like if the CoTM and Favorite Quotes Thread had a baby? This, this right here is what it would look like :wink: Complete with it's own set of brand new coins and twice as many rewards. So come and join us, help us improve this new feature, and above all else have fun!

These monthly competitions are a chance for you to share with us the creativity and gems others leave behind. A chance to share with us some of the better posts of this forum and getting to know your fellow members and have a little fun. But only one member can wear the orange coins and fancy title of PoTM Winner!

The basic rules are as follows:
Spoiler:
» Members can contribute or nominate quotes from other users that display wit, humor, and general entertainment during the submission period, after which no further entries will be accepted. Then we will vote via a poll to see who gets to wear that month’s winner’s badge!

» Only one submission per participant, and for the spirit of the competition, you cannot quote one of your own posts. Also unless specified, please refrain from using quotes outside of the designated timeframe

» Standard rules still apply. Be mindful of the quote your sharing and considerate to the original poster. Inability to abide by forum rules will result in immediate removal of the submission

» Be respectful and polite about your fellow members. Anyone who says anything rude about another user will be hearing from a member of the Mod Squad and may not be allowed to participate in the next competition. There is no such thing as “good” or “bad,”. This is a collaborated effort, so please have fun

» All members are welcome to join, including moderators. Don’t forget that we’re members, too!

»UESPOINTS!
UESPoints (UP) are a chance for all you lovely UESP users to earn reward points for your achievements and for participating around the forums. The PoTM is awarding UESPoints as a prize for both the submission and original poster, in addition to the usual 1st place prize of the orange coins.

Here's how it will work: When the voting period is over, UESPoints will be awarded based on what position you came in.

1st Place - 3 UESPoints + Orange Coins
2nd Place- 2 UESPoints
3rd Place - 1 UESPoint

2nd and 3rd place have to have at least two votes to qualify for UESPoints. If a user's posts is featured multiple times in winning submissions, only the highest reward would be accepted

This month will be a bit different, both as the start of a new monthly competition but also because it is near the end of 2016. As such, we'll start this off with a generous and possibly annual challenge. Find for us the greatest post not just in this month, but all of the year 2016. That's right :wink: You'll have plenty of choices to pick first come around

Our schedule for the December event is as follows:
December 7-24: Competition begins! Start planning and send in those submissions!
December 25-30: Voting period – vote for your favorites!
December 31: Our winner is announced!

Please note that all times are determined by me, Beta, and therefore will run according to Standard Time (Click here if you’re unsure when, exactly, that is!)

Remember that the PoTM is not possible without you, so please participate, contribute, discuss, and vote!

Participants

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

Post subject: Re: Post of the Month - 2016 Edition!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:50 am 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games: I, II, III, IV, V. Once I caught a fish alive.
Platform: PC & Playstation
UESPoints: 20
I spent the last hour looking through countless great posts and trying to narrow it down to just one is all but impossible. But I thought I should post something before the competition wraps up. So maybe it's not objectively the best, but here's a post from the past year I like.

Unionhack wrote:
The SheoDovah wrote:
Unless you mock the fedora. NO-ONE. MESSES. WITH. THE. HAT! NO-ONE!

I've got bad news about the entire internet for ya, bucko.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:26 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: I, II, III (all wip), Oblivion, Skyrim
UESPoints: 9
How in the world do you expect me to remember the best posts from this entire year? Heck, I haven't even been on the forums for a whole year. I didn't think I'd be entering this contest at all. But then this little chain of posts came up in the anime thread, and I loved it too much to let it go by without recognition.

Kerr wrote:
BetaB17 wrote:
MARS wrote:
I only ship Spike x No-Beef Stir Fry.

That is the only ship I will permit in my Bebop life. Well, that and his hangover cure too(it's now a proper love triangle!)

Love triangle? More like move aside Haruhi/Hikaru/Kaoru, there's a new big anime OT3 in town. Hell, throw in cigarettes and make it an OT4.

(Kerr's the one being nominated, in case it isn't clear.)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:09 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

Pilaf The Defiler wrote:
By God, I got mad the other day. I bought a burger from the little self serve kiosk at work under the premise it was a "bacon addicts burger". I get it microwaved and what do I find? Communist false roundbacon. I weep for our future.
You have no idea how much I adore this. Absolutely. No. Idea

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:53 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: Battlespire, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 7
This RP post from Baloth-Kul was pretty great.
Grelok tells the group his plan over breakfast:

Baloth-Kul wrote:
The Orc cleared a bit of space on the table in front of him. "Here's us, in Skyrim," Grelok said, placing a piece of potato down onto the table. "There are four of 'em here. Then, we have..." Grelok proceeded to place down food items to represent the rest of the provinces; Hammerfell, Blackmarsh, Elsweyr, and Valenwood were blueberries, Cyrodiil was a strawberry, High Rock was an orange, Orsinium a piece of bacon, and the Summerset Isles was Grelok's plate (still laden with food). Morrowind was portrayed by a burnt piece of bacon.

"Hammerfell, Blackmarsh, Elsweyr, and Valenwood have no Threads, so we've no good reason to visit them as of yet." Grelok, devourer of Tamriel, popped the blueberries into his mouth one by one. "Morrowind's Morag Tong territory...they're going to have agents there already, no doubt. Too risky." He gave the piece of bacon a gentle flick away from him. "...I don't like burnt bacon. ...So that leaves us with four provinces to search; Skyrim, Cyrodiil, High Rock, and the Isles. So, I say we finish up in Skyrim...Winterhold, Falkreath, and the Reach." He popped the Skyrim potato into his mouth.

"Cyrodiil, we get those Threads, east-to-west. Cut off the other scryers before they can reach them." He bit into the strawberry below the leaves, and chewed up the Imperial heartland. "We travel to Orsinium and High Rock. Heading there through Skyrim might be quicker, but we might run into Morag Tong. Either way...orange you glad you're going home, Dorian?" With a pleased grin, Grelok rolled High Rock towards Dorian, and popped Orsinium into his mouth.

Twitch channel: Offline

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:55 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

Last day to submit your quotes! :dur: Keep 'em coming

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:08 am 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

Polls are up, vote while you can!

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:41 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

Welp, the polls are finished and the PoTM is up. Congrats to Pilaf for his bacon rant :D our winners are BetaB17 & Pilaf

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]