UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 473 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Amber / Madness weapons - open call for meshing expert
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:54 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion
Platform: PC/Windows 7 x64, PS3
UESPoints: 0
Don't know if this message will gain any traction here but thought I would try it. :)

I've spoken with Ionis (of Kvatch Rebuilt fame) who also created a mod to add Orcish and Mithril weapons to the game. I'm planning to do a revised version of that mod to seamlessly integrate those weapon sets. In other words, I'll be approaching it from the perspective of what I think Bethesda would have done if those sets were in there to begin with.

To go along with that, Ionis and I are interested in completing the Amber and Madness weapon sets, by for example adding shortswords. But I can only do base mod programming, and Ionis can only texture. Is anyone out there good at creating meshes who would be interested in helping?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Amber / Madness weapons - open call for meshing expert
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:44 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Platform: PC
UESPoints: 500
I'm not familiar with meshes so I can't help you, sorry.
At least I've bumped this thread :D and I have a suggestion:
I think you'll get more support at the official Bethesda forums or the Tesnexus forums.
Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:10 pm 
Master
Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfal, Redguard, Morrowind, Oblivion + DLC, Skyrim
Platform: PC, Xbox 360
Man I would love to help but im still in training when it comes to modeling. :( I can only use blender at about 50% effectivness. I have only made a few custom meshes on morrowind using stock textures. But if you really need someone i could try and help you out.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:14 am 
Champion
Champion

Great! I'm glad to see that someone's interested at least. Truth be told I'm not exactly proficient at mod scripting either but I'm working on it.
Here's what I had in mind for the mod. Let me know what you think!

(1) Using Ionis' original mod as a base, alter the stats of all Mithril weapons so they're basically "Fine Silver" (in other words, just a bit better than standard Silver weapons--Mithril is just a refined silver after all). Reset all Orcish weapon stats so they're between Elven and Glass in quality. (I'm guessing based off the value of each Vanilla armor set that this is where they would fit.) Add both sets to leveled lists, vendors, etc., correcting a few bugs Ionis left in. Maybe also pull in a mod I found online that makes Fine Iron and Fine Steel weapons look different from their base counterparts.

(2) In a second ESP, do the same as above, except modify ALL basic weapon stats to make room for the new sets. For example--the base damage of longswords goes: 10 iron, 11 fine iron, 12 steel, 13 fine steel, 14 silver, 16 dwarven, 18 elven, 20 glass, 22 ebony, 24 daedric. Mithril would be fine at a 15, but what to do with Orcish? A progression like 9-10-11-12-13-14-15-17-19-21-23-25 might make more sense.

(3) In a third and fourth ESP, make versions of the above for Shivering Isles. In other words, add Durable Mithril, Durable Orcish, and the like. Additionally (and this is where you and Ionis would come in!) we would add weapons like an Amber Claymore or Madness Mace that are missing from the Amber & Madness weapon sets.

Comments are appreciated....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:21 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

BFG wrote:
Great! I'm glad to see that someone's interested at least. Truth be told I'm not exactly proficient at mod scripting either but I'm working on it.
Here's what I had in mind for the mod. Let me know what you think!

(1) Using Ionis' original mod as a base, alter the stats of all Mithril weapons so they're basically "Fine Silver" (in other words, just a bit better than standard Silver weapons--Mithril is just a refined silver after all). Reset all Orcish weapon stats so they're between Elven and Glass in quality. (I'm guessing based off the value of each Vanilla armor set that this is where they would fit.) Add both sets to leveled lists, vendors, etc., correcting a few bugs Ionis left in. Maybe also pull in a mod I found online that makes Fine Iron and Fine Steel weapons look different from their base counterparts.

(2) In a second ESP, do the same as above, except modify ALL basic weapon stats to make room for the new sets. For example--the base damage of longswords goes: 10 iron, 11 fine iron, 12 steel, 13 fine steel, 14 silver, 16 dwarven, 18 elven, 20 glass, 22 ebony, 24 daedric. Mithril would be fine at a 15, but what to do with Orcish? A progression like 9-10-11-12-13-14-15-17-19-21-23-25 might make more sense.

(3) In a third and fourth ESP, make versions of the above for Shivering Isles. In other words, add Durable Mithril, Durable Orcish, and the like. Additionally (and this is where you and Ionis would come in!) we would add weapons like an Amber Claymore or Madness Mace that are missing from the Amber & Madness weapon sets.

Comments are appreciated....

I could make the modifications for you. I'm quite familiar with the toolset (but as I said I cannot create meshes/textures).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:33 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind
I'm not really into modding anymore so I've pretty much totally forgotten how to re-mesh weapons but just a small request for the Amber shortsword:
-If you could make the mesh similar to the Elven Shortsword but the texture like a Glass weapon but with the Black-Orange colour scheme of Amber would be awesome in my honest opinion.

Just throwing an idea out there.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:32 pm 
Champion
Champion

Wispy wrote:
I'm not really into modding anymore so I've pretty much totally forgotten how to re-mesh weapons but just a small request for the Amber shortsword:
-If you could make the mesh similar to the Elven Shortsword but the texture like a Glass weapon but with the Black-Orange colour scheme of Amber would be awesome in my honest opinion.

Just throwing an idea out there.

I like. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:34 pm 
Champion
Champion

Josjie wrote:
I could make the modifications for you. I'm quite familiar with the toolset (but as I said I cannot create meshes/textures).

Thanks for the offer, Josjie! It's greatly appreciated, and I'd be happy to take you up on it.
I'll work up some details (weapon attributes, etc.) of what I have in mind and send it to you tonight or tomorrow. I'll tell you the same thing I've told Ionis--if you have better/other ideas than what I send, just let me know!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:47 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hm so you want to release three versions of the same mod?

But why do you need to make room for the new items? Can't we just give the mithril weapons the same stats as fine steel?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:07 pm 
Champion
Champion

Josjie wrote:
Hm so you want to release three versions of the same mod?

But why do you need to make room for the new items? Can't we just give the mithril weapons the same stats as fine steel?

There's several ways we could do this. Right now I'm working on a spreadsheet that lists all the Vanilla & SI weapons, and based off that I'm adding stats for the Mithril and Orcish weapons. For example--Fine weapons always weigh 10% less than the regular version; a Silver longsword is 28 lbs so the Mithril one should be 25.2.

But without changing the stats of the vanilla weapons, we could run into problems/duplicates. For example, the Vanilla dagger damages go 5-6-7-8-9-11-13-15-17-19. Without making at least a few changes to these, the 16 new Amber & Madness daggers would end up with some of the same base damages.

For now, I think we should only focus on the first two mods - the Vanilla and SI mods that only add the new weapons without changing any of the Vanilla weapon stats. If there's still interest after that's done then we can think about changing the Vanilla ones too.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:03 am 
Master
Master

Hey, sorry i haven't posted anything on this for a while. Every here has great ideas. When i read this i went an tried making an amber short sword. The vanilla sword is kinda halfway between long and short so i used the original mesh and shortened the blade a bit and altered the hilt. Though i can't work out how to get an image on here(could someone help me).

I have plenty of ideas for the missing weapons (especially the amber claymore). Im on holidays right now so if there is any particular weapon you want me to start on, please tell me, im itching to start.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:40 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind
To post a picture, you first have to upload it to an image hosting site, such as ImageShack or Photobucket, then post the link to the picture here.

A viking is just a horny pirate.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:56 pm 
Champion
Champion

Spiney wrote:
Hey, sorry i haven't posted anything on this for a while. Every here has great ideas. When i read this i went an tried making an amber short sword. The vanilla sword is kinda halfway between long and short so i used the original mesh and shortened the blade a bit and altered the hilt. Though i can't work out how to get an image on here(could someone help me).

I have plenty of ideas for the missing weapons (especially the amber claymore). Im on holidays right now so if there is any particular weapon you want me to start on, please tell me, im itching to start.

That's great! I'd love to see your work. Truth be told, I haven't worked on this mod for a while (I've been working on another one, which limits enchantments on armor by the quality and damage of the armor--it should be simpler), but would love to get going on this one again.

While I don't personally have a priority on which weapons to create first, I suppose the Dagger, Shortsword and Battle Axe for either set should come first, since neither has these. Ultimately though I'd like to see both sets completed, including their relevant Matrices etc. For reference, here are the missing weapons:
Armor - Dagger, Shortsword, Claymore, War Axe, Battle Axe
Madness - Dagger, Shortsword, Mace, Battle Axe, Warhammer

I'll start working on the stats for each weapon, and the scripts--I'd like to make these weapons as seamless in the game as possible (i.e. try to set them where Bethesda would have).

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:20 pm 
Master
Master

BFG wrote:
Spiney wrote:

That's great! I'd love to see your work. Truth be told, I haven't worked on this mod for a while (I've been working on another one, which limits enchantments on armor by the quality and damage of the armor--it should be simpler), but would love to get going on this one again.

While I don't personally have a priority on which weapons to create first, I suppose the Dagger, Shortsword and Battle Axe for either set should come first, since neither has these. Ultimately though I'd like to see both sets completed, including their relevant Matrices etc. For reference, here are the missing weapons:
Armor - Dagger, Shortsword, Claymore, War Axe, Battle Axe

I'll start working on the stats for each weapon, and the scripts--I'd like to make these weapons as seamless in the game as possible (i.e. try to set them where Bethesda would have).

Thanks!

Heh, i started working on another mod as well (a mod that adds lots of extra towns of various sizes) but yeah heres a link to the sword

http://img218.imageshack.us/i/ambershortsword01.jpg/

tell me what u think. But can ask something about the textures? If Lonis is doing textures I presume thats means shes doing the UV texture maping but does that also mean she'll make the textures as well ( i should say this is my first time working with a group to make a mod) cause im no wizz with GIMP.

I'll get working on those missing weapons ^-^

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:10 pm 
Champion
Champion

Hope the mods don't mind me "bumping" this topic. :)

Spiney, nice work on the shortsword! I apologize, I haven't had any time to work on this mod for a while...but I'll try to get ahold of Lonis, since he was waiting on someone who could do the meshes before he would start on the textures. There's no reason you two can't get started on creating the weapons before I've had time to set up the script and stats.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:11 pm 
Champion
Champion

Spiney, could you let me know if you're still interested in working on this? I'm trying to get ahold of Ionis to see if he still would like to work on the textures. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:17 pm 
Master
Master

BFG wrote:
Spiney, could you let me know if you're still interested in working on this? I'm trying to get ahold of Ionis to see if he still would like to work on the textures. Thanks!

Yep, i'm still interested in working on this. :D

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:12 pm 
Champion
Champion

Fantastic! I'm glad to hear it. I'd ask you to get in contact directly with Ionis then (on TESNexus); he's interested in working with you on it. I'll leave it up to you two to decide how to create the missing weapons:
Amber - Dagger, Shortsword, Claymore, War Axe, Battle Axe

Please keep in mind that these will also need menu icons. From what I've seen on the Mithril and Orcish work Ionis has done, he should be able to take care of that.

And here's some additional "bonus" work you may want to consider. It's totally up to you whether to tackle any of this!
--Upgrading Orcish weapons. The current Orcish weapons are just re-textured Iron weapons. This is because Ionis is great with textures but not meshes. It's up to you whether you'd like to rework these.
--Upgrading Mithril weapons. Same deal as above, Mithril weapons are re-textured Silver weapons. However, for what I've envisioned for the final mod, this makes sense--I'd like to retool the Mithril weapons as "fine silver" ones as I think this would be more in line with vanilla Oblivion.
--Arrows. I can't recall the name of it right now, but there's a mod on TESNexus that reworks all arrows. The higher quality the arrow, the higher quality (and longer) the arrow looks, and the faster it flies. If you guys would have interest in modifying Orcish, Mithril, Amber, and Madness arrows to work with this mod, please let me know and I'll get the details.
--Matrices. I was planning just to use the existing Matrices for the new Amber and Madness weapons. But if you'd like to design any new ones you're welcome to!

Thanks again, and let me know if any questions.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:28 pm 
Champion
Champion

By the way, if anyone's interested in helping to write the mod, just let me know! I'm planning to learn as I go since I've not written one that is this ambitious before.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:25 am 
Master
Master

Umm, i'm not so familiar with TESNexus. I can't seem to be able to track him down. Is it possible you could get me in touch with him.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:37 am 
Champion
Champion

No problem, I've asked him either to contact you here on UESP or to give me his email address...

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:41 am 
Master
Master

Awsome. Working on the amber claymore right now.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:05 pm 
Champion
Champion

Great! Did Ionis end up contacting you? I haven't heard a word from him...

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:08 am 
Master
Master

I haven't recieved an e-mail from him lately. Or was he going to contact me a different way.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:10 pm 
Champion
Champion

Well, I asked him either to contact you directly here, or to send me his email address. I haven't seen any response from him yet...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 473 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next